Start by marking “The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)

The Bromance Book Club

(Bromance Book Club #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  3,795 ratings  ·  1,159 reviews
The first rule of book club:
You don't talk about book club.

Nashville Legends second baseman Gavin Scott's marriage is in major league trouble. He’s recently discovered a humiliating secret: his wife Thea has always faked the Big O. When he loses his cool at the revelation, it’s the final straw on their already strained relationship. Thea asks for a divorce, and Gavin
Published November 5th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Bromance Book Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bromance Book Club

·  3,795 ratings  ·  1,159 reviews

Start your review of The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
✨ A ✨
Second chance romance and a book club for guys who are trying to repair their relationships by reading romance novels ‹-- that alone made me read this book

description
[why did I put this gif here idek]

Famous baseball player Gavin Scott, has screwed up his marriage. He let his pride and fear push away the love of his life. When his wife asks for a divorce, Gavin knows he won't give up and needs help to win her heart and trust back.

And so that's where the Bromance book club comes in.

A group of men, who
Kaceey
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Rom Com book from a man’s perspective! Brilliant! Gather around ladies (and gentlemen)! You are going to love this!

A love story. Gavin and Thea have hit an impasse in their marriage! It all started in the bedroom, escalating off the charts from there. Ultimately ending with Gavin moving out.

Only problem is....they really love each other! I mean pure, deep-down, can’t ever see myself with anyone but you kind of love! But alas, their lines of communication have broken down and they’re on very
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Might be more of a 3.5 but I'm rounding up because this was a lot of fun! I can't lie and say that it wasn't a smidge pander-y and contrived at some parts, but overall this was a really fun ride and I definitely recommend checking it out if you're interested in reading a romance about a couple staying together rather than getting together. I 10000% will be carrying on with the series!
Whitney Atkinson

When I went into this book, I was crossing my fingers that the execution of it and the writing style matched how great the synopsis was. I'm so glad the book held up to how good it sounds, and it's definitely a memorable romance I'll be recommending!

My primary concern about this book was that since it's about a married couple with kids, I wouldn't be able to relate to it or enjoy it since they're several years ahead of me on the maturity scale. Attached to that, I was hoping this
Larry H
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Bromance Book Club is adorable, sweet, and sexy, giving a new twist to the rom-com. This one was definitely lots of fun!

Gavin Scott should be on top of the world. He’s a star for the Nashville Legends, a Major League Baseball team, he’s playing really well, and he has a beautiful wife and adorable twin daughters. But things between him and his wife, Thea, haven’t been good for a while, and she just kicked him out of the house, saying she wants a divorce.

But Gavin’s teammate and best friend
Gabby
This book is so stinking cute!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I did because I'm not usually a fan of second chance romance, but this book was everything. It follows a baseball player Gavin Scott who is having problems in his marriage and him and his wife are on the brink of divorce, so he joins the "Bromance Book Club" which consists of Nashville's 'top alpha men' and they read romance novels in order to understand women better. Gavin joins in the hopes he will be
Susanne  Strong
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, buddy-read
5 Fabulous and Fun Stars.

Men who read romance novels to save their ailing marriages? What a novel idea!

The First Rule of Book Club:
You don’t Talk about Book Club.

When Gavin’s wife Thea asks for a divorce, Gavin is devastated. She is the love of his life and their little family makes him the happiest man in the world. When his teammates suggest that he join them at Book Club for a “lesson,” he gets a lot more than he bargained for - including a way to get his wife back.

“The Bromance Book Club”
Berit☀️✨
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first rule of book club:
You don't talk about book club.

Lyssa Kay Adams has hit a homerun with this fun and clever story. This was a second chance romance with a unique angle. A married couple on the brink of divorce trying to heal (well at least Gavin was). Gavin is a big-time professional baseball player who is hitting grand slams on the field and striking out in the bedroom. After the game of his life Gavin discovers that his wife of three years Thea has been faking it. Gavin’s ego and
Toni
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, romance
Heart-warming... It's great to know, or rather have a bookish confirmation of something I have always believed in, there are good men out there, who care about their families, wives and children, to the extent of doing whatever it takes to make their marriage work. Even if it is reading a Regency romance book.

I absolutely adored the characters in this sweet rom-com. Gavin is a professional baseball player who spends a lot of time travelling for work. Thea, his wife of three years, is
Tucker
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tucker by: Berkley Romance
Many thanks to Berkley and Edelweiss+ for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

Gavin had called this little proposition a competition. No, this wasn't a competition. This. Was. War.

This is one of those rare displays of love at first page. I was barely five minutes into the audio book when I thought to myself, Yup, this one’s a keeper. And when the final seconds played, my heart ached because the definition of bittersweet is finishing an amazing book.

So, what’s this book about?
Corina
Not exactly a debut novel, but definitely a new, and fresh take on a second chance romance. A unique story with an engaging plot, The Bromance Book Club was a solid performance by the author.

Who doesn't like a second chance love story. Especially if the couple is married, with kids and the husband is fighting for another chance. I really have been enjoying this trope lately. A romance about a married couple adds another layer to a second chance story. Clearly there is more on the line, including
chan ☆
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was pretty damn good, even for a trad published romance ;)

the premise of the book is that this MLB player has "lost" his wife in a sense... and the fact that he's never given her an orgasm is a big part of that. other guys on his team apparently has suffered similarly so they've formed a book club to read romances to learn how to reconnect with their wives/gf/whatever and COMMUNICATE.

i'll start by saying that i typically do not like second chance romances. i'm a pretty forgiving person in
preoccupiedbybooks
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hero gets love advice from bro’s and books.

I didn’t really know what to expect from this book. I knew it was a romantic comedy because of the premise, But I wasn’t sure if the story would be any good aside from the inherent hilarity of a bunch of guys reading and talking about romance novels. To tell the truth, that premise did lead to a few laugh out loud one liners and quotable sections of the book. The storyline was good as well.

This was a book about a marriage in trouble with one of the
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
I didn't want this one to end! Did I just say that?

Super hot diggity dang! That was a Grand Slam for me and left me cheering and dancing after reading this one. I am always a bit nervous starting romance/women fiction books because I have a heart of stone and my eyes can get a little workout with the rolling when I read some. They can be a hit or miss for me. Lyssa Kay Adams knocked it out of the park here for me. Maybe that heart of mine is softening up.

Lyssa Kay Adams creates an unquie,
Norma * Traveling Sister ~ Semi-hiatus for now until I fully get my reading/reviewing hat on! 😂 I’m almost there! 💕
Holy Shooty Balls! This was one amusing, sweet, and sexy rom-com that I absolutely fell in love with….it was love at first page!! I was cherishing and revelling in every single word written, not wanting it to end.

THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB (Bromance Book Club #1) by LYSSA KAY ADAMS is an engaging, delightful, fun, witty, adorable, lighthearted, romantic, and brisk read that was so darn good and so refreshing to read. I was smitten with these characters, laughed out loud numerous times, and had a
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
There’s a new contemporary romance series on the ‘gram, and it’s off to a smashing start.

The Bromance Book Club is Gavin and Thea’s story, but mostly Gavin’s. On the brink of divorce, Gavin seeks help from a book club of men who read romances for inspiration in their relationships...

The Bromance Book Club is so much more than just a lighthearted contemporary romance. It’s about romance in marriages- something that isn’t covered often enough. It’s about men coming together to support each other,
Baseball player Gavin Scott's marriage is in trouble, he thought his relationship was pretty much perfect but after discovering his wife has been faking her orgasms for the entire time he's known her he felt humiliated and his first reaction was to walk away. Now that Thea is asking for a divorce he's realised what he's about to lose and now he's determined to do whatever it takes to get her to give him a second chance. The only trouble is he has no idea where to start. That is until a teammate ...more
Nalini Singh
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and funny and emotional. I zoomed through this one Sunday, totally compelled by the romance (and the bromance!) I'm so looking forward to seeing more of this book club.
☽ TheBibliotheque
Just when you think that a genre can’t surprise you, a book about an all men book club that read romance and help each other with their relationships comes along and bang! Knocks your socks right off.

“You guys read romance novels?”
“We call them manuals,” the Russian said.
“And it’s a lot more than just reading,” Malcolm said.

I was going to start this review pointing out my favourite thing about this book, but quite frankly, I can’t decide on just one single thing.

It could be the fact that
Jessica
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance
A romance about a baseball player joining a romance book club to win his wife back!? Where has this book been all my life???

Ever since I heard the synopsis of this book, I knew that I had to read it. As soon as I started this book and watched Thea ask Gavin for a divorce, my heart broke for the couple. I really enjoyed how neither character was villainized and how they were both at fault for the fall of their marriage. Both of them had to change and put effort into the fixing of their
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Second Chance
RATING: 4 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

These illustrated covers always get me. This time though I mostly got what I expected. THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB is the dream of every reader - men that read books? Damn! But men that read ROMANCE?? Seriously! Can it get any better?

Below you'll find my
Kendall
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness did I have so much fun with this book!!

It's not often that an author comes up with a unique plot for a romance novel and well Lyssa Kay did just this my friends! What a breathe of fresh air!! I mean come on... a bunch of manly dudes reading pure romance novels?! Lyssa Kay girl I'm HERE for it!!

I feel like there was so much more to this book then just humor. I really connected with this one because we see Thea and Gavin a married couple on the cusp of getting divorced. Lyssa does
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
update: after reading a really shit romance book immediately after this, i’ve realised it was an absolute gem and deserved a higher rating. that’s all.

description

Just like the bar for heterosexual men treating their wives with respect, my standards for romance books are low. However, I do think this is an exceptional, hilariously sweet rom-com with subtle feminism embedded within the plot. In my opinion, it's a stand-out in its genre.

You'll love this book if you want:

an imperfect female character who's
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
3.5-4 stars! You have NO IDEA how excited I was for this book. A group of baseball players getting together to read and talk about romance books? How perfect. There were scenes from the guys that had me genuinely laughing out loud and I did enjoy Gavin and Thea's second chance romance. They were funny, down to earth, and both had issues to work through in order to get their second HEA. The only issue for me was that parts of the story were too meta –the book club constantly referred back to the ...more
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I’m a day late for this release, but (i) I actually reviewed another book yesterday that released yesterday, (ii) I’m generally weeks or months (or even years) late with my reviews, and (iii) this is my second review today. so in my opinion . . . . .

THIS. GIRL. IS. ON. FIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Let’s start by talking about these cartoony covers. I love ‘em. That’s been established. I also enjoy the male abdominal covers, but
Hollis
What, in concept, should be such an excellent take on a second-chance/save-the-marriage romance -- with manly men learning to navigate the pitfalls and stumbling blocks of their relationships from romance novels -- really only 100% succeeds in concept form.

The author throws us right into the thick of things. The story opens up with the hero on a bender because, after a month of silent treatment following a devastating reveal from his wife, he's finally walked out. They are headed for divorce.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
MY RATING: 3.5/5 STARS

I received an ARC from Penguin Random House Canada in exchange for a honest review.

This book was a very highly anticipated read for simply because of the title and the cover. It's gorgeous like any other Berkley Romance being published since last year so really? What could have gone wrong? For people who are not familiar with the story, it's existentially boils down to a wife of a major baseball player who decides that one day, her life has changed too much and not for the
Stacee
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my most anticipated books and when I finally got it in my greedy hands, I was a bit afraid that it might not live up to the hype.

Love love loved Thea and Gavin. I loved the loyalty and the absolute love between them. I loved how Gavin was ready to absolutely anything to get her back. And...I don’t have words for this group of men who shamelessly read romance to help their relationships.

Plot wise, it was everything I wanted. I was happy to see that Thea was trepidatious and didn
SHIRLEY ♡
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, favorites
Oh,
My,
God!

This is one of best book of 2019!

I laughed so hard with this characters! I loved the story.
Once again I’ve fallen in love with a second chance romance book and I really don’t like to read them.

Gavin was a fantastic character. I loved him so much. The way he loves Thea and his daughters is the best!
Every character in this series is fantastic.

I really can’t wait to read book 2 because I know it’ll be as good as this one or better.

Please, read this book! You won’t regret it.

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Faker
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • The Friend Zone
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • We Met in December
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Outmatched
Lyssa Kay Adams is the pen name of an award-winning journalist who gave up the world of telling true stories to pen emotional romances. She’s also a diehard Detroit Tigers fan who will occasionally cheer for the Red Sox because her husband is from Boston.

Lyssa lives in Michigan with her family and an anxiety-ridden Maltese who steals food and buries it around the house and who will undoubtedly be

Bromance Book Club (2 books)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
“Don’t be ashamed for liking them. The backlash against the PSL [Pumpkin Spice Latte] is a perfect example of how toxic masculinity permeates even the most mundane things in life. If masses of women like something, our society automatically begins to mock them. Just like romance novels. If women like them, they must be a joke, right?” 3 likes
“You guys read romance novels?”
“We call them manuals.”