Start by marking “The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)

The Bromance Book Club

(Bromance Book Club #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  14,372 ratings  ·  3,341 reviews
The first rule of book club: You don't talk about book club.

Nashville Legends second baseman Gavin Scott's marriage is in major league trouble. Hes recently discovered a humiliating secret: his wife Thea has always faked the Big O. When he loses his cool at the revelation, its the final straw on their already strained relationship. Thea asks for a divorce, and Gavin
Published November 5th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Bromance Book Club, please sign up.
Seana I suggest you check the Urban Dictionary for this slang reference, and maybe wait a few years to read the actual book.…moreI suggest you check the Urban Dictionary for this slang reference, and maybe wait a few years to read the actual book. (less)

·  14,372 ratings  ·  3,341 reviews

Start your review of The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
jessica
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this story is cute, funny, heartwarming, a tad bit steamy, and a realistic portrayal of what it means to work to save a marriage. i really enjoy when a book is pure entertainment, but can also teach value life lessons in the process. and i didnt expect such depth from this story, but its what i got and i couldnt be happier.

and while i did enjoy the story, i was really impressed with the writing. the pacing is phenomenal and there is no wasted page, no wasted scene. everything has a purpose and,
Warda
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Warda by: ✨ A ✨
Reread x2.
Still as perfect as I remembered it to be.

Book Boner.

Introducing: my new favourite bookish phrase!

This book was the one! My emotional state is in a frenzy right now. THIS WAS SO GOOD!!!

All you need to know is that its a book-club starring all dudes, who read romance novels to help them understand the women in their lives better. The relationship these men had between them was so awesome and full of humour and support! It was such a great bromance!

The story was adorable, it was (at
Kaceey
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Rom Com book from a mans perspective! Brilliant! Gather around ladies (and gentlemen)! You are going to love this!

A love story. Gavin and Thea have hit an impasse in their marriage! It all started in the bedroom, escalating off the charts from there. Ultimately ending with Gavin moving out.

Only problem is....they really love each other! I mean pure, deep-down, cant ever see myself with anyone but you kind of love!❤ But alas, their lines of communication have broken down and theyre on very
Tucker
Many thanks to Berkley and Edelweiss+ for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

Gavin had called this little proposition a competition. No, this wasn't a competition. This. Was. War.

This is one of those rare displays of love at first page. I was barely five minutes into the audio book when I thought to myself, Yup, this ones a keeper. And when the final seconds played, my heart ached because the definition of bittersweet is finishing an amazing book.

So, whats this book about?
preoccupiedbybooks
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Might be more of a 3.5 but I'm rounding up because this was a lot of fun! I can't lie and say that it wasn't a smidge pander-y and contrived at some parts, but overall this was a really fun ride and I definitely recommend checking it out if you're interested in reading a romance about a couple staying together rather than getting together. I 10000% will be carrying on with the series!
arini ☆彡
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it

huh, and people say romance books are trash...
they obviously havent found the wonders inside them and need a lecture of their own from the guys at the bromance book club.

this book didnt give me a BOOK BONER, but it did left a HUGE smile on my face and made me cackle like a madwoman in the middle of the nightwhich didnt bode well with the elegant street rep i'd been told i had. poor neighbors probably think im crazy now. i'd also been in a pissy mood these past days, so it was no easy
Whitney Atkinson

When I went into this book, I was crossing my fingers that the execution of it and the writing style matched how great the synopsis was. I'm so glad the book held up to how good it sounds, and it's definitely a memorable romance I'll be recommending!

My primary concern about this book was that since it's about a married couple with kids, I wouldn't be able to relate to it or enjoy it since they're several years ahead of me on the maturity scale. Attached to that, I was hoping this
Debra
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss

Dude!

The Bromance Book Club is everything you have heard it is - fun, sexy, heartwarming and addictive. I didn't want to put this book down! This is Rom-Com done right! A book from the male perspective!

Sometimes love isn't enough. Especially when you find out your wife has been faking the big "O" and you flip out which gets you kicked out, so you walk out, and decide you want back in, but she is not having that. Whew! What's a guy to do? Turns out Gavin's friends know exactly what to
Larry H
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Bromance Book Club is adorable, sweet, and sexy, giving a new twist to the rom-com. This one was definitely lots of fun!

Gavin Scott should be on top of the world. Hes a star for the Nashville Legends, a Major League Baseball team, hes playing really well, and he has a beautiful wife and adorable twin daughters. But things between him and his wife, Thea, havent been good for a while, and she just kicked him out of the house, saying she wants a divorce.

But Gavins teammate and best friend
Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!!
Holy Shooty Balls! This was one amusing, sweet, and sexy rom-com that I absolutely fell in love with.it was love at first page!! I was cherishing and revelling in every single word written, not wanting it to end.

THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB (Bromance Book Club #1) by LYSSA KAY ADAMS is an engaging, delightful, fun, witty, adorable, lighthearted, romantic, and brisk read that was so darn good and so refreshing to read. I was smitten with these characters, laughed out loud numerous times, and had a
Gabby
This book is so stinking cute!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I did because I'm not usually a fan of second chance romance, but this book was everything. It follows a baseball player Gavin Scott who is having problems in his marriage and him and his wife are on the brink of divorce, so he joins the "Bromance Book Club" which consists of Nashville's 'top alpha men' and they read romance novels in order to understand women better. Gavin joins in the hopes he will be
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hero gets love advice from bros and books.

I didnt really know what to expect from this book. I knew it was a romantic comedy because of the premise, But I wasnt sure if the story would be any good aside from the inherent hilarity of a bunch of guys reading and talking about romance novels. To tell the truth, that premise did lead to a few laugh out loud one liners and quotable sections of the book. The storyline was good as well.

This was a book about a marriage in trouble with one of the parties
Susanne  Strong
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, buddy-read
5 Fabulous and Fun Stars.

Men who read romance novels to save their ailing marriages? What a novel idea!

The First Rule of Book Club:
You dont Talk about Book Club.

When Gavins wife Thea asks for a divorce, Gavin is devastated. She is the love of his life and their little family makes him the happiest man in the world. When his teammates suggest that he join them at Book Club for a lesson, he gets a lot more than he bargained for - including a way to get his wife back.

The Bromance Book Club stole
EmBibliophile
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

After hesitating for so long, Im glad I finally picked this book up! It was so sweet and cute as hell!

"You guys read romance novels?
We call them manuals.

Unfortunately, the reason for my hesitation is the same as why I didnt give this a five star. Thea. I tried. I really tried to get over how I feel about her, but I couldnt. I mean, there are problems? Talk about them honey! I didnt like how she handled everything from the beginning. It was annoying and frustrating how she was
Yun
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bromance Book Club has quite the interesting premise. Men who are experiencing trouble in their relationships read romance novels together to better understand their women and what they want, with the ultimate goal of building stronger relationships. Gavin is in this exact position. He and his wife Thea are having trouble in their marriage, and he will do anything to save them.

There's a lot that I liked in here. Gavin is a sweet and well-meaning husband, though a little clueless and makes a
chan ☆
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was pretty damn good, even for a trad published romance ;)

the premise of the book is that this MLB player has "lost" his wife in a sense... and the fact that he's never given her an orgasm is a big part of that. other guys on his team apparently has suffered similarly so they've formed a book club to read romances to learn how to reconnect with their wives/gf/whatever and COMMUNICATE.

i'll start by saying that i typically do not like second chance romances. i'm a pretty forgiving person in
✨ A ✨
Second chance romance and a book club for guys who are trying to repair their relationships by reading romance novels -- that alone made me read this book 😂

description

Famous baseball player Gavin Scott, has screwed up his marriage. He let his pride and fear push away the love of his life. When his wife asks for a divorce, Gavin knows he won't give up was and needs help to win her heart and trust back.

And so that's where the Bromance book club comes in.

A group of men, who have all found themselves in the
Berit☀️✨
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first rule of book club:
You don't talk about book club.

Lyssa Kay Adams has hit a homerun with this fun and clever story. This was a second chance romance with a unique angle. A married couple on the brink of divorce trying to heal (well at least Gavin was). Gavin is a big-time professional baseball player who is hitting grand slams on the field and striking out in the bedroom. After the game of his life Gavin discovers that his wife of three years Thea has been faking it. Gavins ego and
Jonetta
Gavin Scott is the second baseman for the Nashville Legends pro baseball team and his marriage is in trouble. He recently discovered that his wife Thea has faked having orgasms with him, all but one, and he didnt handle it well. Not realizing this was just a symptom of bigger problems, Gavins reaction was the proverbial straw that broke their fragile relationship. Now hes desperate to get his family back and when hes approached by some of his biggest alpha team members about joining their secret ...more
Corina
Not exactly a debut novel, but definitely a new, and fresh take on a second chance romance. A unique story with an engaging plot, The Bromance Book Club was a solid performance by the author.

Who doesn't like a second chance love story. Especially if the couple is married, with kids and the husband is fighting for another chance. I really have been enjoying this trope lately. A romance about a married couple adds another layer to a second chance story. Clearly there is more on the line, including
Toni
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2019
Heart-warming... It's great to know, or rather have a bookish confirmation of something I have always believed in, there are good men out there, who care about their families, wives and children, to the extent of doing whatever it takes to make their marriage work. Even if it is reading a Regency romance book.

I absolutely adored the characters in this sweet rom-com. Gavin is a professional baseball player who spends a lot of time travelling for work. Thea, his wife of three years, is
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I been blabbing to everyone about this book.

Major league baseball guy Gavin Scott is about to lose his marriage to Thea. He is devastated and doesn't want the divorce. So his macho guy friends come to the rescue. In one of the most inventive ways that I've seen in a book.

Don't talk about book club though. What happens in book club stays in book club.

Lord Whatever His Name Was will come to the rescue as Gavin's studies the Regency romance that his bro's have assigned for him to read.

Now I
Brenda -Traveling Sister
I didn't want this one to end! Did I just say that?

Super hot diggity dang! That was a Grand Slam for me and left me cheering and dancing after reading this one. I am always a bit nervous starting romance/women fiction books because I have a heart of stone and my eyes can get a little workout with the rolling when I read some. They can be a hit or miss for me. Lyssa Kay Adams knocked it out of the park here for me. Maybe that heart of mine is softening up.

Lyssa Kay Adams creates an unquie,
may ❀
You guys read romance novels?
We call them manuals.

28 DAYS INTO THE YEAR AND I THINK I FOUND MY FAVOURITE ROMANCE OF 2020!!!

i'm seriously so grossly in love with this book, it's not even reasonable

so basically it's about a bunch of big, manly baseball players.......and the romance bookclub they created to help fix their relationships/marraiges

to summarize, it was freaking adorable, your honour

my likes
- i rarely EVER read books about couples after they get together, so it was incredibly
Navessa

Im buying ten copies of this book and giving it to all of the idiot men in my life for Christmas.

Subtle? Nope. Fucks given about that: zero.

Look, man. Men are idiots. We complain that women are so mysterious and shit, and we never know what they want. We fuck up our relationships because we convince ourselves that its too hard to figure them out. But the real problem is with us. We think were not supposed to feel things and cry and express ourselves. We expect women to do all the emotional
Babydimps (Suzy)
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - rounded down! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

So fun! After reading so many fabulous reviews for The Bromance Book Club AND that blurb, I knew I wasnt going to be able to resist getting my hands on a copy. FAST!

Gavin Scott is a pro baseball player for the Nashville Legends. After he discovered that his wife - Thea - has been faking it for their entire three year marriage, he (understandably) gets pissed and she kicks him out.

Waking up the next day and feeling like crap, he begins thinking that he couldve
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theres a new contemporary romance series on the gram, and its off to a smashing start.

The Bromance Book Club is Gavin and Theas story, but mostly Gavins. On the brink of divorce, Gavin seeks help from a book club of men who read romances for inspiration in their relationships...

The Bromance Book Club is so much more than just a lighthearted contemporary romance. Its about romance in marriages- something that isnt covered often enough. Its about men coming together to support each other, which
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Do you ever pick up a book that just brings joy into your life?

This book is so much fun!

When a professional baseball player finds his marriage on the rocks, he seeks out help from his friends... a group of alpha males trying to be better husbands and partners by learning more about women through romance books and Pinterest.

A witty, humorous, and heart-melting rom-com with touch of steam and a full supporting character cast to enjoy!

Gavin is a really great character. He has all of the right
Nalini Singh
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and funny and emotional. I zoomed through this one Sunday, totally compelled by the romance (and the bromance!) I'm so looking forward to seeing more of this book club.
Between The Wines: February 1 1 Mar 31, 2020 05:43PM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Contemporary Romance- Heroine fakes orgasm. [s] 5 79 Nov 26, 2019 10:44AM

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Faker
  • Tweet Cute
  • Love Lettering
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)
  • The Friend Zone
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
Lyssa Kay Adams is the pen name of an award-winning journalist who gave up the world of telling true stories to pen emotional romances. Shes also a diehard Detroit Tigers fan who will occasionally cheer for the Red Sox because her husband is from Boston.

Lyssa lives in Michigan with her family and an anxiety-ridden Maltese who steals food and buries it around the house and who will undoubtedly be a

Bromance Book Club (3 books)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Crazy Stupid Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Lyssa Kay Adams' new romantic comedy, The Bromance Book Club , is about an all-male book club determined to find their own HEAs.
“Don’t be ashamed for liking them. The backlash against the PSL [Pumpkin Spice Latte] is a perfect example of how toxic masculinity permeates even the most mundane things in life. If masses of women like something, our society automatically begins to mock them. Just like romance novels. If women like them, they must be a joke, right?” 22 likes
“You guys read romance novels?”
“We call them manuals.”