Start by marking “Dead Gold (Moccasin Hollow Mystery Series Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Gold (Moccasin Hollow Mystery Series Book 4)

Dead Gold

(Moccasin Hollow Mystery #4)

The dazzling lure of Olympic gold fame is a spotlight glare hotter than any fifteen minutes of fame.During plans for a cross-country ski vacation, Aspen Police Department Criminal Investigation Division Detective David “Spinner” Krespinak and SEAL-bud Craige Ingram are ensnared by glamour, upmarket glitz and bling, and greed in the deadly champagne powder world of a money- ...more
Published February 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dead Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Gold

Start your review of Dead Gold (Moccasin Hollow Mystery Series Book 4)
Amy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dead Gold is the fourth installment from the Moccasin Hollow Mystery series. It is the first book I have read by Hawk MacKinney. Even though it is the fourth book in the series, I felt it could be read as a stand alone. At least, I did not feel as though I was missing anything or lost by not reading the other books. I enjoyed this story. It was full of adventure, action, mystery and suspense.

I give Dead Gold four stars. I would love to go back and catch up with the others in the Moccasin Hollow
Lindsay
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well we meet up with Spencer once again. Only this time it in this hometown. What would you do if you were in a town but did not know what was happening and their seems to be several murders popping up?

Well this book is filled with it and drugs for that matter. Spencer as invited his friend Craige to Aspen, Colorado to spend time with and see what Aspen is like. The author does well with the plot. He does not disappoint.

This book is filled with lots of action and some thrills. Can Spencer and Cr
Angela Thompson
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead Gold Offers Great Characters and a Well Developed Story. The author does a wonderful job developing his characters just enough to keep readers doubting their motives through most of the book. Once the author establishes his background stories and lays the basics for the current book--the pace of the writing and the twists and turns mount to create an engaging mystery. The novels in this series are written as stand alone stories--but, I think it is easier to fall into the author's writing s ...more
Teresa
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead Gold by Hawk MacKinney is the 4th book in the Moccasin Hollow Mystery Series. Not only is this book but the whole series is filled chock full of action, adventure, mystery and suspense. Even though this is a series they are more or less stand alones. There are a few references to the other books in the series but each book is a separate story. There is a lot of the backstory at the beginning of the book so it is a slow start but once you are caught up the story really takes off.

This book f
Dawn
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I read the first three books in The Moccasin Hollow Series so I was happy to read the next book about Craige Ingram and his good friend Spinner Krespinak. It did not disappoint.

Craige finally takes a vacation from Moccasin Hollow to spend some time with his buddy Spinner in Aspen, Colorado. Instead of a typical vacation, though, murders are piling up and Spinner, a detective wi
Jessica Bronder
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Craige Ingram has gone on vacation and is spending it in Aspen with his friend Spinner Krespinak. But bodies and body parts are starting to stack up and it is up to detective Krespinak to figure out what is going on, who did it, and stop them. Krespinak finally agrees to let Ingram help in the investigation and they start to uncover the dirt under the glitz and glamour of Aspen.

I have read book two and three in this series and just love them. Lots of action, a great mystery in each and edge of t
Carla
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel is excellent thriller from start to finish that will keep you on your toes!

Body parts, murder, lies, drugs and more can be found in this novel where you never really know what’s coming next. The plot is complex and I found myself having to reread a couple paragraphs over again but it was well worth it. The novel starts out with a murder that goes cold and this seems to be the theme – a lot of death with no answers. The detectives have their hands full and almost don’t seem to know whe
Jessica
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love is a deadly game

Dead Gold is my newest favorite book of all the series from Moccasin Hollow from the author Mr. Hawk MacKinney. This book is hard to put it down. I just want to finish reading it in one setting if I could. This story blown my mind. I am still shock until the last page. I did not see that coming.

Love is a deadly game indeed. Prepare to be amazed of sweet, hot and brutal love story that you ever read. This book is so suspense. I enjoyed every chapter. I cannot wait for the nex
Mary
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This book was full of excitement! I really enjoyed reading this book. Lots of twists and turns and I was forever second-guessing the who-dun-it. The characters were well developed and I was able to picture them in my mind quite easily. I loved that the story took place in a ski resort area, as it added a nice backdrop. Having lived in a ski resort area for a number of years, I was able to relate with the 'residents' very well.

If you love a good mystery with a hint of thriller to it, this i
Misty
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead Gold by Hawk MacKinney ended up being quite the book as it was filled with mystery, thrills, and suspense. I have always been a big fan of murder mysteries, but this one took that concept to the extreme with multiple murders and mutilations. It reminded me a bit of some of the NCIS episodes that involved serial killers, yet it set itself apart and above them with the fullness of the plot.
Ally Swanson
Chelle
Courtney
Edgar
Mar 20, 2019

• Winter Frost (A Chris Matheson Cold Case Mystery Book 2)
  • Velvalee Dickinson: The "doll Woman" Spy
  • What We Do For Love
  • The Last Thing She Said (A Chris Matheson Cold Case Mystery Book 3)
  • The Root of Murder (Lovers in Crime Mystery Book 4)
  • The Nutcracker Conspiracy (Thorny Rose #4)
  • Free Pizza
  • Real Murder (Lovers in Crime, #2)
  • 120 Days
  • Crimes Past (A Mac Faraday Mystery Book 13)
  • The Nightjar's Promise (The F.I.G. Mysteries #4)
  • Burton Blake
  • The Revolutionist
  • Eternally Artemisia
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • A Reason for Living
  • Alycat and the Tournament Tuesday (Mom's Choice Award Winner)
  • Drone Strike, (Anthony Provati Thriller #2)

Moccasin Hollow Mystery (4 books)
  • Hidden Chamber of Death (Moccasin Hollow Mystery #1)
  • Westobou Gold (Moccasin Hollow Mystery #2)
  • Curse of the Ancients (MOCCASIN HOLLOW MYSTERY SERIES Book 3)

News & Interviews