Start by marking “Molly en het kattencafé” as Want to Read:
Molly en het kattencafé

Molly en het kattencafé

(Cat Cafe #1)

Wanneer de jonge cypers Molly haar baasje verliest, wordt ze herplaatst in een huis met drie katten-hatende honden. Ze besluit het heft in eigen poot te nemen en een nieuw thuis te vinden. Maar als ze na een lange tocht door de hobbelige straten van Stourton loopt, lijkt een nieuw huis verder weg dan ooit…

Tot op een dag café-eigenaresse Debbie haar vindt. Net a
Published February 12th 2019 by A.W. Bruna (first published October 8th 2015)

Start your review of Molly en het kattencafé
Carrie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly and the Cat Cafe by Melissa Daley is the first book of the Cat Cafe series. This is going to be another that I admit I did not look at closely before picking up and it took me by surprise. I’d received an invite for the second book of this series and as I’ve mentioned I don’t like jumping into things and since book two looked cute I tracked down book one and at first glance at these had thought they looked a bit cozy mystery-ish. Well instead of a mystery what I found is a contemporary sto ...more
Kim
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, own
This was such a lovely read. Molly has to find a new home when her owner begins to suffer with dementia. Initially she lives with a family with three dogs and soon wanders away to find somewhere else to live.
She ends up with Debbie who wants to set up a cat café. I know a friend who has visited one in Derbyshire and seen photos and thought what a wonderful idea it was. Molly is such a great character and you are longing for her to find a happy forever home.
This would make the perfect
Dutchy
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read especially for cat lovers! It is a warm, cute story.
Claire
Contrary to all the positive reviews, I found this book incredibly boring..
I do like cats, I can even imagine a novel with a POV from a cat to be really good. In this book almost nothing happens, and if something happens, the author makes it sounds dull.
A novel where nothing happens can be great by all means, but this one is far from great.
Rosalind Black
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy from THE Book Club, many thanks for the opportunity.

This isn't the type of book that I usually go for but nevertheless I enjoyed it! Being a crazy cat lady who adopted a stray moggy myself, I appreciated the unusual and imaginative narrative told from the point of view of Molly the cat. The story was easy to follow and flowed perfectly, and I got through this in one sitting. A perfect feel-good and heart warming story to cozy up with on the weekend :-)
Mollie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a cat fancier and I loved this book. yes thre were some parts that were less than factual. but still it was a good book. The only thing is, Molly is allowed to go outdoors. Ask any vet or cat caregiver and they will tell you, indoor cats live longer safer lives.

Still. I don't know if I'll read the second book of the series but I did enjoy the first one.
Alexina
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully written tail (get it)...
I loved reading Molly's story and it was quirky, delightful and thoughtfully written from the perspective of Molly.
As a cat cafe has been mentioned in my local area to open. I found it interesting how cats and food areas mixed. Although this is fiction, it was a wonderful read.
Thanks to TBC for a review copy.
Susan Angela Wallace
I received this as an arc from the book club (tbc) on fb in exchange for an honest review.
When two - year-old tabby, Molly, loses her beloved owner, her world falls apart, re - homed with three cat - hating dogs, she decides to take matters into her owns paws and embarks on a gruelling journey to the nearest town.
Wow. Amazing read.
I loved the story and the characters.
Molly the cat was a delight.
This is a feel good read.
Although it was moving and sad.
when Margery was put in a home. ...more
Lauren
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, I fell in love with the lovely little molly and while reading the book it was so well written that it made me feel sorry for the cat and want to take her in myself!! I loved the way it ended it was a lovely ending for a lovely book
Brooklyn Tayla
Let’s talk about the plot:

Okay, so I kind of knew what was going to happen in this book, having read its sequel first, but nonetheless I was so excited to read this! And it made me so emotional, seeing all these characters again, especially Molly. She’s definitely become one of my favourite fictional felines! It’s such a great read, easily something I would read over and over again. I can definitely say its more character orientated than plot, having been told from Molly’s perspectiv
Kim
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
won in march from bookstr
Vanessa Wild
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A captivating story told from the point of view of Molly the cat, who sets off on a journey seeking a new home when her beloved owner is taken into care suffering from dementia. After various adventures, Molly finds a safe haven with Debbie and her daughter, Sophie, who run a run-down cafe in the picturesque Cotswolds.

This is a heartwarming and charming tale tinged with a smattering of sadness. Molly is a delight, such a beguiling creature, and I enjoyed following her trials and trib
Barbara Beswick
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book. It was a comfort blanket. It was clean warm pyjamas after a luxurious bubble bath before getting into a bed of freshly laundered sheets. It was a Malteser melting in your mouth as the honeycomb won the battle over the chocolate. It was smiley, cuddly and as uplifting as an underwired, re-enforced, super duper double elastic strapped Playtex X your heart bra. I did worry a little initially that I was reading a book about a talking cat - but why not? Delight in the diversity of ...more
Philippa Mckenna
After weeks of reading psychological thrillers and police / crime novels, this was just what the doctor ordered. Light hearted, romantic and lovely, this story is cleverly told from the perspective of Molly, a much loved kitten who finds herself on an adventurous journey from one home to another. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended. Thank you to Helen Boyce of THE Book Club and the publishers, for allowing me to have this lovely paperback in return for a review.
Craig Gillan
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-book-club
Received as an arc from TBC. A well written easy to read heart warming tale following the fortunes and misfortunes of Molly the cat
Awallens
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me laugh and cry and sometimes both at the same time. I read it in a day and you should too. Awesome book!
Kati
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No, no, no... a story told from the perspective of a cat that can read, see, think and feel like a person? Dreadful.
Melissapalmer404
Book #45 Read in 2017
Molly and the Cat Café by Melissa Daley

This is the first in a cute series. Molly is a cat who has had a good home with Margery. But things change when Margery becomes ill and her son puts her in a nursing home. He rehomes Molly, and this begins her journey to find another owner like Margery. After some time on the streets, Molly sets her sights on Debbie, owner of a café. Will Molly's presence help or hurt the café? Will she be able to stay in her new home
Yara
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of course, this is one of those books where you just know what will happen by just looking at the title and cover. Does that matter? No. Sometimes it is good to pick up one of those feelgood books that you just need on a grey Saturday afternoon with a good glass of wine, or just some hot chocolate. The whole first person thing is something I am not truly fond of, but it was interesting to read a story like this from the cat's perspective for a change. Don't we all sometimes want to know what goe ...more
Claire
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a lovely read. A cute, warm story.

Written from the perspective of Molly the cat, we follow her as she has to leave her loving home when her beloved owner begins to suffer from dementia and is placed in a cafe home.
Molly was initially re-homed to a house with three scary dogs which ultimately lead to her making the decision to leave and find a new owner, leading her to the cafe and Debbie. We see Molly become a stray, an alley cat and caught up in fights along the way.<
Victoria (RedsCat)
Masha
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
''Molly and the cat cafe'' was a sudden buy for me. I went to my book store and found it by accident. My first thought was that this will be a quick read about an andventure of a cat that something happened with his owner and he had to live far away and the progress of the cat cafe. This information was based on the cover and on the description.

But oh boy, did i expect that all that happened in this book! It was full of unexpected turns!!! The ginger cat was even smarter than a human being some
MetLineReader
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2016, tbc-recommends
A charming little book that will appeal to cat lovers. After a lot of challenging or heavy-going books, this story was a delight. Told through the eyes of Molly, it was an insight into the cat world -- and made me appreciate my little cat even more!

Molly is initially living with Margery, which is a happy home. After Margery's descent into dementia, Molly is "placed" by Margery's son with his unpleasant friend Tom and his three snarling dogs.

One day Molly can take no more. She faces
Suzie Iles
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this may only appeal to quirky spinsters, surrounded by their beloved cats, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story revolves around Molly, who loses her owner to dementia and had to find a new life in a new town. It reminds me of a comforting Sunday afternoon family drama and could probably crossover into that, given some very well trained animals!
It has a a lot of themes running through it, the love we have for our pets, the challenge of moving to a new town, grumpy teenagers and a
Wendy
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book via The Book Club on Facebook, in exchange for an honest review. As a cat lover who felt like a break from my recent spate of psychological thrillers, I was really looking forward to reading Molly and the Cat Cafe, but was a bit worried that it might be overly sentimental. However, my fears were unfounded – this story has a lovely balance of warmth, some sadness, gentle humour, and even a little suspense.
The story is told from Molly the cat’s point of vi
AD
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molly and the Cat Cafe is a sweet story about a cat finding a home and a woman and her daughter finding their way after going through a divorce. It's told from the cat's perspective and was a quick read.

My one big problem in the book is the presentation of irresponsible pet ownership as acceptable. No efforts are made to suggest spaying the cat or the resulting kittens which is a huge problem for me. If you can get a cat micro-chipped you can get it neutered to prevent other unwanted animals. I
Mistress  #darklings
I loved it! Being a cat lover and a cat owner myself I was instantly drawn to it. I really liked the way that it was written from the view of Molly the cat. I could completely immerse myself in that perspective (for better or worse ) as I often give my own cats a voice, and really, this is what they'd be like! It is a warm, uplifting, story. The kind I like to get comfy with on a rainy day. A story that would be sure to lift the spirits of any reader. Thank you TBC and Melissa Daley for the chan ...more
Jo
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must for any cat lover. Follows the sometimes very sad tale of Molly who through no fault of her own has to leave her comfortable home with Margery and forge herself a new life - first on the streets and then with Debbie in her ailing cafe. A bittersweet tale but with a happy ending. Loved that 2 of Mollys kittens were called Maisie and Bella as these are the names of my two furballs. I would love to see a sequel to find out how Molly is getting on. We now have a cat cafe in Aberdeen and I am ...more
Melissa
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklits
Although I missed some good editing and a more exciting plot, Molly and the Cat Cafe gets bonus points for almost making me cry during the first five chapters and then again somewhere near the end. Even though the ending might be a little 'too' happy, and thus a bit unrealistic. Ah well, I love cats, I love reading on the train in the morning: This book entertained me just fine.
Besides, I think it could make people think about the way they treat their pets.
Sharon
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all I would like to say thanks to TBC for the review copy. I loved this book about the little cat Molly who had to find herself a new home when her owner got dementia. I loved the cat cafe idea. I must admit this book did make me emotional. Loved reading it from Molly's perspective. A very easy to read book which I highly recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Nee heb je
  • Ciao Sicilia
  • Die Duftapotheke (Duftapotheke #1)
  • Verknocht (Verkikkerd #3)
  • De geur van groen
  • Dolores Dolly Poppedijn
  • Rinkeldekink
  • Mijn moeders strijd
  • De meisjesmagneet
  • Jas van belofte
  • Welkom in het rijk der zieken
  • Moord op de moestuin
  • Een kleine verrassing
  • Weet ik veel - Dagboek van een pleegmoeder
  • Alfie and George (Alfie, #3)
  • Buiten bereik
  • De zwendelprins
  • Strays: A Lost Cat, a Homeless Man, and Their Journey Across America

Cat Cafe (2 books)
  • Christmas at the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #2)