Start by marking “Scoring a Fake Fiancee (Mr. Match #2)” as Want to Read:
Scoring a Fake Fiancee (Mr. Match #2)

Scoring a Fake Fiancee

(Mr. Match #2)

TRACE:

My twin sister found love using the dating site everyone in San Diego is talking about — Mr. Match. And now that she’s happily coupled, she thinks I should look for my match.

The thing is? I’m pretty sure I don’t have one. I’ve got soccer. And maybe that’s all I really need–it’s definitely the only thing I’ve ever really been able to depend on, besides Erica.

I sig
Published March 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Scoring a Fake Fiancee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scoring a Fake Fiancee

I have to say, at 27%, that I'm not liking the lying vibe from this book. I was hopeful that the lying wouldn't last long and that the angst in this book would be caused by genuine reasons, not manufactured and contrived circumstances. And it's not making me like the h much at all. She's weak. I can't stand plots where a MC (or both of them) lie to loved ones for a long time, in order to avoid some really uncomfortable outcomes. Maybe it's because I just read a book like this last week With This ...more
Magali
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story and good characters
4.5
I loved this second opus of the Matchmakers series. It's a bit predictable, but it's very additive once started. The characters are endearing, both pushed by their entourage to apply to Mr Match (Trace is pushed by his sister, and Magalie, by her employer to get rid of her mother who lives at the time of forced marriages). Both are therefore matched, without the desire to develop a relationship, but only to get rid of someone who is oppressive.
The questioning bet
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story we have Trace and Magalie who unfortunately for them are being coerced to find someone. They both join Match and end up being matched and fortunately for them that they are liking each other way too much than they really expected. Magalie was a grown up and needed to be strong with her mother who was way to invested in her daughters life. Luckily for her that she met Trace..

LMR
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Delancey Stewart & Booksprout
Scoring a Fake Fiancee A Pro Soccer / Matchmaker / Fake Engagement Romantic Comedy (Mr. Match Book 2) by Delancey Stewart Scoring a Fake Fiancee: A Pro Soccer/ Matchmaker/ Fake Engagement Romantic Comedy (Mr. Match Book 2) By: Delancey Stewart
Did Mr. MATCH Do It Yet Again; Did He Find Another MATCH! One-Click "Scoring a Fake Fiancee" & See!
Mr. MATCH is at IT Again...
Has He Scored Another WIN...
Or A Serious Strike OUT!
As this Couple decides to use His Service for "Scoring a Fake Fiancee!"
They Each signed Up... Though for Different Purposes...
Inputted their Info, letting the System DO the Choosing!
NOW, Mr. Mat
Mona Shroff
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magalie needs to find a way to make her mother understand she needs to live her own life. Domineering doesn’t even begin to explain the way Lianne tries to control her daughter’s life – particularly in the area of marriage. Even the fact the Magalie left France and moved to the States to pursue her career as a wine maker isn’t enough. Her mother is coming for a visit and bringing a potential fiancé for Magalie with her! As a last resort, Magalie fills out the Mr. Match form hoping she can find s ...more
Jackie Roberts
TRACE:

I signed up. But what I got was not what I expected.

I did not expect to feel so much for a woman I’d only just met. And I definite
Annie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this story so much. I really enjoyed Trace's funny side. This story is about Trace and Magalie. She's just moved here from France to get away from her over bearing mother. Trace is the keeper for the Sharks team and it's only he and his sister Erica. She convinced him to put in for Mr Match, like she did to find a perfect match. Chloe suggests Magalie to do the same, since her mother is insisting on an arranged marriage. When Trace h ...more
Tami Laplante
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trace plays soccer and is wanting to find someone for himself since his twin has someone and he doesn't want to be a third wheel. So his sister talks him into trying the same matchmaker service she used. So he fills out all those questions and hopes for the best. Magalie is a wine maker from France and is wanting to be successful but her interfering mother keeps wanting her to marry Henri who is much too old her for. So Magalie's friend gets her to fill out the matchmaking questionnaire to find ...more
Judy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this next book in the Mr. Match series. Trace is a lovable goof who is still figuring out that he is actually lovable. I enjoyed reading as Trace and his sister's relationship evolved throughout the story as they turn to others outside the twin-ship for love and support.
Magalie is not looking for love but immediately appreciates things about Trace that most people miss. Their relationship is complicated form the beginning. Her mother is a real piece of work. I would never have b
Tina Hobbs Payne
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"But my heart was telling me something else. That stupid jerk was telling me that if I looked into Magalie's eyes, I could see the doubt there, that I could see the same fledgling feelings for me that I had for her."

Yes, Trace Johnson was falling in love with is FAKE fiancé. To be honest, he went into the whole Mr. Match thing reluctantly, but once he had, he thought maybe he could meet someone. For real. But It wasn't turning out that way.

Magalie Caron needs to fend off her mother. Her overbear
Tara Peters
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of the Mr. Match series was just as good as the first. Both Trace and Magalie were pushed to register on Mr. Match. His sister pushed him because she doesn't want him to be alone and she wants him to be happy. She was pushed by a coworker/friend to prove to her mom that she doesn't need to interfere in her life and force her to marry someone. Once they meet, there is so much electricity between them that they both are a little scared by what they feel and how fast.
Even t
Nicole
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trace's twin sister had success finding her perfect match via the Mr Match dating app and she convinces Trace to sign up too. Maglie has recently moved to America despite her mother and her insisting on an arranged marriage. Maglie signs up for the Mr Match dating app, hoping to find someone to be her 'fake fiance' while mom visits from France. What will happen when these two realize that Mr Match might have have right from the get go. Will something fake be able to turn into a reality? This is ...more
Rachel
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trace is very much a keeper, both on the field and off. Magalie is just adorable. Add them together and it was pure awesomeness to read! I love how Magalie not only rolls with Trace's fun loving, spur of the moment ideas, she very much revels in them. She brings some calm, grounding to his life too. They are so good together, even when it is a fake engagement. I loved reading Mr. Match's little inputs in the story breaks. I keep hoping he's going to get his own match someday, but for now, I just ...more
BusyM3
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet love story of second chances and finding that right match. Magalie and Trace fill out paperwork to find their one true match and once they open their emails with each other picture they decide to move forward. Magalie is hoping to find someone and have them pretend to be her fake fiance so she can get her mother off her back. Trace wants to find someone but his whole life is soccer. When these two get together will they be able to deny their attraction? Or wonce their pretned engagement ...more
Marie Bourgery
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Erica’s brother professional soccer goalie Trace is a little juvenile with way he tries to embarrass her in front of her boyfriend and his teammate Fuerte and starting silly bets like who can eat the most saltine crackers or mayonnaise. French wine maker Magalie is much more refined and the complete opposite of Trace. This was an odd, but funny pairing. Her mother was controlling and annoying until she softened near the end of the book. Trace and Magalie’s relationship had its and ups and downs ...more
Laila Viking
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well written fake fiancé romance where fate has its own agenda. Nice storyline and plot. It is written in dual POV and that gives the reader more of the thoughts and feelings of the main characters and makes it more realistic and brings us closer to them. Characters well defined and they develop nicely through the story.
Two characters that makes use of a dating app to find a fake partner but as most of the times fate throws a game in and they develop feelings for each other.
He needs to have a
Deborah Kimberley
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy Delancey’s books. I know I’m assured of a book worth reading.
Despite this veering off course of the norm I thought that Trace and Magalie made a cute couple. You could feel them falling for each other.
Like I’ve said in other reviews for Delancey Stewart she is an emotive writer. The emotions and feelings she is trying to express comes through so clearly in her stories.
If you want stand alone stories with a hea then you are completely safe with this author. That’s not to say that you wo
Lisa H
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for Trace’s story. We met him through his twin sister, Erica. These two are extremely tight, they’ve had to be.

Erica makes Trace, the goalie who takes his game very seriously, take the same match algorithm she did.

Trace is surprisingly matched with Magalie, a French vintner, working on a small winery in Temecula. She’s hiding out, trying to make her own way, away from her controlling mom.

Smart, funny, sweet, tons of pop culture references and a satisfying growth for both Trace
Kari Hansen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trace is a star soccer player who has been convinced by his sister Erica to sign up for Mr. Match as that is how she found her soulmate.

Magalie left France and moved to the US to escape her controlling mother but now her mother is coming to visit, and she is bringing along the man she wants her to marry, hopefully Mr. Match will help her find a fake fiancé.

Trace and Magalie are matched however and although neither is looking for love there is no denying the chemistry between them. Before too lon
Gladys
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful addition to this series. With a story line that is funny and sweet, characters that are easy to fall for, steamy chemistry and a totally swoon worthy romance, this book will keep you entertained and very, very happy. Trace & Magalie were so perfect together. These characters are so incredibly different but they fit together seamlessly into a beautiful new whole that was better than the original. This book is easily read as a standalone but trust me, If you don't read boo ...more
Dolores
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: delancey-stewart
I received this book for Free to Give My True & Honest Review.

Here we see Goalie Trace's turn to find his soul mate, though he gets pushed into signing up to the Mr. Match dating site. And the girl he's matched up with his French Wine Maker Magalie who signed up as she needed to find someone to make a point to her interviewing mother, who's trying to push her into an arrange marriage to an older man.
So we see how Trace & Magalie agree to this agreement & the ups & turns that happ
Miss Piggy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I loved this! This is the second in the series and is as brilliant as the first. This one follows Erica's (from book one) brother, Trace, and his 'Mr. Match' Magalie, and the trial and tribulations they endure while trying to be 'fake' engaged and realising they have feelings for each other. You can expect the laughs and humor you experienced in the first whilst still achieving an HEA! Definitely worth a read.
Candice
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trace signed up for Mr. Match after his sister convinced him to. Magalie signed up to get a fake fiancé to stop her controlling medaling mother. When they meet they both realize they like each other. When Magalie asks Trace to pretend to be engaged to her he feels like he isn’t good enough. The more time they spend together the more they care for one another. When Magalie’s mom arrives will they be able to continue the charade?

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I love how the story shows that there are still some people that think its better for the parents to arrange a marriage for their child even if there is or is not love there for the other person. I am glad that this one put her foot down and moved from France to California and found true love when she was not looking for it, he found true love too thinking that he not need another but soccer when he really needed his true love to make him grow.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Amy
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Scoring the Keeper's Sister so I was excited to get Scoring a Fake Fiancé. Now that his sister has found her match, its Trace's turn. He signs up at the insistence of his sister. What does he have to lose? Magalie is a French winemaker who signs up just to get her domineering mother off her back. Both agree to a fake relationship but what happens when things start to feel real? I loved the banter between Trace and his twin as well. Great read that will not disappoint!
Tiffany Levin
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What was fake turned very real

Loved the continuation of the Mr. Match books! Trace is the lovable guy that likes to have fun and Magalie is the woman needed to settle him down. Sparks flew immediately with these two and you read on in hopes that they figure it out and turn fake into real. Loved the interludes from Mr. Match and would love to know more about his story! Can’t wait for the next book!!!
Ashleigh
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The writing will draw you in after only a few pages and have you finishing the book in one sitting.
There is the perfect amount of angst and romance to keep you hooked. I loved how the relationship unfolded so we could see these amazing characters grow in ways they never expected. I would suggest picking up a copy asap, you will not be disappointed.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Debra Richardson
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a riveting read. It is a heartwarming, funny, witty, and steamy romance. The storyline is flawless and very interesting. A fast pace page turner with characters that are intriguing; you cannot help but love them. The chemistry between them is potent and off the charts. Quite the enjoyable read and I highly recommend reading it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Regan Pierce
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and I can’t wait for more

I have always loved a good fake relationship. I felt a kinship for Trace, who always felt like a throw away, growing up in the system. I wish that Trace had found a more permanent solution for his career, like maybe coaching, but maybe that will happen later in the series. But I think having more people who care for him, not just Magalie, will help him become a stronger person.
Brigitte
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a romance with a second chance twist. I can only judge the story on how I liked it, grammar and such. I really liked it, I found it entertaining and fun to read. It is also quite well written and I at least could not find any errors. Overall I must say job well done to the author and with hope that you will find this review helpful.

I'm not big on labels, but there are a few that fit me (not necessarily in this order. Or maybe in this order):
- wine drinker (and wine geek)
- mother of small boys
- military spouse
- writer
- chocolate eater
- ice cream addict

I write about emotional connection and intimacy, and love giving readers smart, sexy books to curl up with.

Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delanceywrites

Find me o

Mr. Match (4 books)
  • Scoring the Keeper's Sister (Mr. Match #1)
  • Scoring a Prince (Mr. Match #3)
  • Scoring with the Boss (Mr. Match #4)