Start by marking “The Adventures of a Curious Cat” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of a Curious Cat

The Adventures of a Curious Cat

'Curiosity is more than just a desire to discover. It's a lifestyle, and a purrvilege. It's hours of observing a fly on the wall. It's entering the sock drawer just before it closes. It's sniffing the lampshade one more time . . .'

Such is the wisdom of Curious Zelda: social media star, agony aunt, yoga teacher, cat. In The Adventures of a Curious Cat she details her escapa
Published December 15th 2020 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of a Curious Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of a Curious Cat

Start your review of The Adventures of a Curious Cat
Melissa Rose
I have been following Curious Zelda on Twitter for quite a while, and she is easily one of my favourite accounts. So, when I found out that she had a book, I knew that I had to read/listen to it. I was not disappointed.

I honestly had so much fun with this Audible listen; Curious Zelda had me laughing out loud many times with her clever wittiness.

As for the narration, Georgia Maguire provided the perfect (or purrfect?) voice for this witty feline.

Overall, I have no complaints whatsoever about Th
Mehsi
Meet Zelda, internet famous cat and supercutie!

First up a big thanks for my hubby for giving me this one as a birthday present! I love Zelda, see her daily tweets pop by, and I had to have this book when I saw it come out. It looked adorable, fun, hilarious, and cattastic.

In this book we get to meet Zelda, the internet famous cat with her huge startled/derpy eyes. We see her go on a dating site, first in the hopes of netting some yummy fishes, second dating with some hot cats in the neighbourhoo
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
For a book about Zelda, it didn't have nearly enough Zelda in it. It needs more Zelda pictures and poems! ...more
Christina Vanhecke
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I follow Zelda on twitter so when the book came out I was super eager to get it and I was not disappointed in any way

It came on a Tuesday and by Wednesday I had it all read just couldn't put it down.

I expected it would be a whole bunch of photos and some poetry but it was poetry and stories that kept me pretty entertained.

Who knew a cat could be so witty and have such an amazing perspective on us humans.

So it's well worth it's price and your time.
Anne Kendall
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Writing this review for my cats, Persephone and Ozzie whose paws keep pushing extra keys when they try to write their review. They ordered this book after following Curious Zelda for quite some time on Twitter. When it arrived, it was even better than they expected. It's witty, the essays show off her sassy personality, and the poems as always are spot on purrfect. The whole thing is rounded out with pictures of the star herself and many drawings. We could not be more impressed or entertained wi ...more
N
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute and sweet--nice to have as a pick me up book that you read a few pages of when you're feeling down, or for a younger reader. Not exactly a book you sit down and read straight through, but it isn't meant to be. If you're most interested in pictures and poems by Zelda, her Twitter is the place to go ...more
Jaimee Foster
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an awesome book! Zeldas owner has written so many poems, stories and quips. The book is bigger than you think, and is so entertaining.

I’m so happy I bought this book!
Marie L.
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a delightful diversion from the depressing political and social climate! Quick little sections that you can read whenever time permits. Adorable graphics too!
Matthew Hunt
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely light hearted read, if my cats wrote a book then this is what they'd put! Perfectly captures a typical cats behaviour.

Hoping for a sequel from Zelda.
Liina
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you need more Zelda in addition to her social media, this is a must read!
Full of cat puns!
Lili Higa
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It is cute, creative and funny. Maybe the problem is me; as a Twitter fan I was expecting more poetry and pictures and less text. I loved the graphic part. I only wish there was more.
Brooke
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you Zelda is one witty floof. From ways to train your human to cat exercise routines that include scaling the curtains, Zelda tells all. My two black cats, Mario and Luigi, are getting way too many good pointers in their young years. This is a great gift for cat lovers out there or a treat to buy for yourself. This book is now our sole coffee table book - the cats are very proud to have it displayed.
Stef & Fuzi
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been following Zellie’s adventures on Twitter for quite some time. Her ability to assess her surroundings and so eloquently create beautiful humorous poetry is unprecedented. This book was certainly no disappointment.
My cat and I have been fighting over who gets to read it but we’ve both thoroughly enjoyed it several times now! Zelda is the next literary genius-human or a feline. This book will just make you so happy.
Irena
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly pawesome book! Curious Zelda shares her infinite wisdom about all things cat and human. It's witty and clever, and so much fun to read. Beautiful illustrations, exquisite poetry, insightful stories and many more await you in this compelling read.

I would highly recommend this purrchase! :)
Teresa Delaney
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Curious Zelda on Instagram and was so excited to order her book. I love the little poems, accompanied by clever drawings and descriptions of Zelda's life with her humans.
Zelda's startled expression is endearing, and her story is so fun. I highly recommend this book for humans, little humans, and cats. My cat Yuki Delight is a big fan of Zelda.
Ellen Khodakivska
Language: English
Publisher: Sphere
Release date: 2019
 ____
🐾Reading this book was like being summoned to your cat’s office. Your fluffy friend tells you in the slightest detail how you should treat him/her, pointing to all your mistakes.
___
🐾The Plot:  A cat lives in a shelter and anticipates meeting new owners. She invents various cute tricks and behaves extraordinary to be e
Charley Robson
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you follow Curious Zelda, you already know what the best part about this book is; pictures of the world's least dignified tuxedo demonstrating the thousand ways one can be startled, stunned, shocked and awed by the world, accompanied by suitably poetic description.

Obviously, you can't fill a book with that, so they've added a variety of other poetry and prose sections including a diary, how-tos and instructionals, recollections, musings, and even some dating app misadventures (which I may hav
Alicia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a book written by a curios cat named Zelda. She's a social media star who decided to expand on her ever popular poems in this book, The Adventures of a Curious Cat. In this book, Zelda shares lengthier poems, cat news, advice for cats, diary entries, and adventures in dating, plus more.

I adored this book. I made sure to read it in small sections to make it last as long as possible. This book was not at all what I was expecting! I figured it'd be a book of poems and pictures, similar to h
Alyssa Schuette
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was ok
My boss turned this on as an audiobook for us on a recent business trip. I know and love Zelda and follow her on Twitter. This book was pretty much just bad puns and not funny humor. Maybe would have preferred in a physical form to see pictures or something I don't know. ...more
Nov 07, 2019 added it
I love Zelda.
Amelie Van Den Boom
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bundle of love for the fans of Curious Zelda
Kate
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely adorable. It's a fun insight on what life is like as a curious rescued kitty. Love Zelda, she's a favorite. ...more
Shannon Babb
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A relaxed meander through the mind of a cat, best read with a cup of tea and fuzzy lap companion.
Lianne Poisson
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun book filled with drawings, stories, and poems told through the eyes of a curious cat!
Serena Cappellini
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Both my tuxedo cat Moya and I thoroughly enjoyed this masterpiece. Zelda is a witty, engaging writer and it was such a delight to see Moya relate to the content so much.
Georgia
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not nearly enough poetry, graphics or pictures of Zelda! I love the Instagram account but this book was disappointing as it’s 90% really cringey text and very little actual Zelda
Monique
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's no better book out there for lovers of cats. ...more
Silvia
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Zelda, you could never do a bad 🙂
Abigail Laura
Jan 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This book is so cute! Some parts are very clever, some hilarious, and some heartfelt! I really enjoyed this one!!
Gon Gal
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

• City of Girls
  • Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Emergency Skin
  • The Price of Time
  • His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)
  • What Is Your Cat Really Thinking?
  • The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2; Rincewind #2)
  • Ark
  • No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • Stardust
  • Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum
  • Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook
  • Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)