Start by marking “Fable (Fable, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fable (Fable, #1)

Fable

(Fable #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  6,457 ratings  ·  2,115 reviews
For seventeen-year-old Fable, the daughter of the most powerful trader in the Narrows, the sea is the only home she has ever known. It’s been four years since the night she watched her mother drown during an unforgiving storm. The next day her father abandoned her on a legendary island filled with thieves and little food. To survive she must keep to herself, learn to trust ...more
Published September 1st 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about Fable, please sign up.
Smote A new YA fantasy duology from New York Times bestselling author of Sky in the Deep. Seventeen-year-old Fable is a dredger—a freediver who excavates ra…moreA new YA fantasy duology from New York Times bestselling author of Sky in the Deep. Seventeen-year-old Fable is a dredger—a freediver who excavates rare gemstones from the coral reefs that fill The Narrows. For the last four years, she’s been trying to get off the island of Jeval, find the father who abandoned her there, and claim her mother’s place on his trading crew. But when she finally makes it off the island, she discovers it may have been the safest place for her.(less)

·  6,457 ratings  ·  2,115 reviews

Start your review of Fable (Fable, #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
September FairyLoot. I don’t like the book over as much as original so now I have to buy that one! Click on the link after the pic to see the goodies. Not too happy with the stuff either but it’s ok, it’s a hit or miss sometimes

GOODIES LINK:

This cover is so freaking beautiful!!

That bastard was leaving me again.

That first sentence had me! Although, this being an uncorrected copy, that line might change.

Fable is one of my new spirit animals!! I love h
jessica
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AY took a fascination i had with pirates and turned it into a full-blown obsession. this story is EVERYTHING i need to feel like im living a stolen life on the open seas with the salty wind in my hair and a map in my hand.

this book holds masterfully built worlds and perfectly crafted characters. there is such a great balance between who the story is about and the places they navigate. i was constantly enamoured by each character and their motivations, as well as where each scene was set. i just
Mary S. R.
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: seekers of grim pirate tales
Recommended to Mary by: Helena of Eretz ✰
No, I wasn’t reading on bed for a day.

I was sailing the grim, deadly Narrows on the mainmast of a shadow ship, a spyglass sharpening my gaze; I was dredging the bottom of the deep blue sea, silence and chaos my companions.

Such is the way of books so atmospheric.

Isolde was the wind and sea and sky of Saint’s world. She was the pattern of stars that he navigated by, the sum of all directions on his compass. And he was lost without her.

Fable is not a fast paced, fun tale of adventure in line wi
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

description

Well, this was a nice surprise!!! Until yesterday, this wasn’t even on my tbr, much less on my radar for books that I wanted to read this year, but how could I resist a fun adventure on the high seas???

I’ve never read a book by Adrienne Young before (edit: I just read Sky in the Deep and The Girl the Sea Gave Back because I loved this so much), but I’m glad that I finally have!

description

“Keep your knife where you can
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ p.56

Practically all of my friends were singing this book's praises, so I was so happy when I was given an ARC of my own. But then as soon as I cracked open the book, I got a sinking feeling. I even put off reading the book and writing my review, despite my early copy, because contrary to popular belief, it doesn't really feel that great to be the only prominent one-star for a book that everyone loves. Not just on a guilty, personal
Vibur
Jul 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I felt a whole lot of nothing.

First off, there's not… a lot happening to keep the plot afloat. Suuure, the protagonist sails to places, but that's. it. Hell, aside from all the sailing shenanigans, there's about buggerall going on.
"Butit'saboutagirlsearchingforherfather!"—again, the stupid romantic side of me pipes up that argument. Huh. You're telling me all that tired mishmash of angst is meant to... mean something to me?
Alright, I'll get straight to it. The plot's nothing more than a
Chelsea Humphrey
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: St. Martin's Press
I absolutely adored this story. Review to come!

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
Elle
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was such a pleasant surprise! Maybe you’re looking at the reviews and the cover and thinking “Oh come on, it’s got a 4.27 star rating and the cover art is gorgeous, how could it not be good??!?” Well hypothetical person I’m responding to, I have been fooled before!! There’s no shortage of YA fantasy books that have striking artwork and a killer synopsis and the best reviews or blurbs, but then you actually begin *reading* said book and it’s just.....meh. The story is either too convoluted o ...more
Marzuqa
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad I judged this book by its cover. It is a beauty inside and out. Absolutely loved every bit of this story!Highly recommend this one to adventure story lovers.
Lucie V.
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
The Narrows were the edge of a blade. You couldn’t live here and not get cut.

This book is awesome. 😍
It’s been a while since I got lost in a book like I did in Fable. It was such a nice adventure! Pirates, strong heroine, and drama, what’s not to like?

Fable has spent the last few years abandoned on an island full of thieves and criminal after her father left her there (because she needed to learn how to survive apparently) and now that she can finally pay her passage off of the island, she is on
C.G. Drews
Dark fantasy and books about the beautifully wicked sea absolutely call to me. I want them all. This was my first time reading an Adrienne Young book and it really easy to read. And it was quite dark. It's set in this brittle, cruel world of ships and traders, knives and murder, and softness is not only unforgivable -- it'll get you killed. Fable is the kind of character thrown into situations where she should drown, but she just refuses to give up.

the story
Fable is a dredger, skilled at diving
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
I picked up Fable in a ho-hum reading state of mind hoping to be wowed. Young Adult Fantasy can be hit or miss for me, but I'd only read a few pages when I found myself being sucked in and down into the depths of a story consuming me in a torrential storm of emotion. In a sink or swim panic, I frantically turned pages in an effort to wrap my head and heart around this story while seeking answers. Fable is simply a stunning work of art, folks! Consider me wowed!

After her mother is lost to the sea
MissBecka Gee
This was spectacular!!!
A high sea, pirate adventure with a strong female MC?

I am so freaking excited that this is only the beginning for this motley crew of characters!!!
Much love to NetGalley & St. Martin's Press for my DRC.
P.S.
💖 Love this cover 💖
Update:
My signed copy finally arrived, and with sooo many pretty accessories!!!
Lucy Langford
3***

I really wanted to love this as lots of others have... but I just didn’t- It was pretty mediocre for me.
Camilla
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
"You want something in this life? You take it, Fable."

In this Young Adult Fantasy novel, we are following Fable, the daughter of two famous members of the piracy world. She lost her mother to the sea, but can't seem to stay away from it. That's how she gets into an adventure to reconnect with her father, by joining the Marigold ship crew.

This is a story that grew on me as I read: I thought that the beginning was pretty average but, by the end, I was totally invested in these characters and
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

First off, Fable is a freaking page turner guys. I couldn't put this book down even if you paid me to. It was addictingly fun to read about and I definitely enjoyed Fable's journey. Now she's lives a dangerous life but has had one thing on her mind: a reunion with her dad.

If you've ever watched any of the Pirate of the Caribbean movies, you would know and love Jack freaking Sparrow. Fable kind of reminded me of him because
exploraDora
Sep 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
This cover is so beautiful and the blurb sounds so interesting, I can't wait to get my hands on it 😍
Phuong ✯
#1 Fable ↠ 3.25 stars
#2 Namesake ↠ tbr

I'm a ho for this cover …

… I wished I would've been more of a ho for what's inside as well.

↳  ✧ The plot ✧

Fable was left by her father on an island when she was only 14 years old. Since then she had to fight her way through everything every single day. Four years later Fable has finally enough money to get from that island and find her father. She makes a deal with West to get her to the next destination. On the ship she meets West's crew, a group of mis
Cait (Caitsbooks)
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020-releases
Check out this review (and more) over on my blog

Thank you to Netgalley and Wednesday Books for sending me an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Quick Stats:
Overall:
3.5/5 Stars
Characters: 4/5
Setting: 3/5
Writing: 5/5
Plot and Themes: 3/5
Awesomeness Factor: 3.5/5
Review in a Nutshell: Fable is the start of an addictive new fantasy series that will have you dreaming of the high seas.

“Keep your knife where you can reach it.
Never, ever owe anyone anything.
Nothing is free.
Always construct a lie f
Alexandra Scarpello
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, it only took me two days to slam this. Thanks to Wednesday Books and Goodreads for providing a free copy!

Sometimes, A book burns in your soul, leaving it raw upon it's exit. Fable was that for me. If pirates and seafaring adventures are the next trend in YA, I won't complain about this one leading the charge.

Fable takes place in a merciless, unnamed world of low fantasy where life at sea is seemingly normal for most people. Fable, at 14, is abandoned by her successful trader father. After
Carrie
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Fable by Adrienne Young is the first book in a new young adult fantasy duology. This new fantasy series is one that immediately appealed to me as it’s one set on the sea with a strong female lead so with my attachment to all things pirate I went in with high hopes.

Fable is a seventeen year old who does whatever she needs to do to survive the harsh enviroment that surrounds her. Four years before Fable’s mother had died, drowning during a huge storm, and at that time her father, the most powerful
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
ARC provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

Never, under any circumstances, reveal who or what matters to you.

In the land of ever-changing Young Adult Fantasy, the newest (as far as I know) trend is Pirates and the like. Anything to do with the sea, really-and I can’t believe how deeply it resonates with me. This is only the third or fourth story set at sea (exclusively) that I’ve read, but it easily catapulted to the top of the pile with grace.

I don’t need much to m
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

❝ Keep your knife where you can reach it.
Never, ever owe anyone anything.
Nothing is free.
Always construct a lie from a truth.
Never, under any circumstances, reveal what or who matters to you.❞
What the what?

Holy shit, this was phenomenal!

It was exactly what I wanted. Starting from the breathtaking cover (seriously look at that fucking cover! Hands down one of the best of 2020!), feminist YA fantasy storyline, LGBTQIA representation, badass pirates, adventure with a t
Nasom
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Real rating: 4.5

Just got approved for an advanced copy of the second book (so excited) so I thought it's time to write a full review lol

For awhile now, i've been over YA books because of the unoriginal plots that i keep coming across but this book changed that! I liked the pirate aspect of the book. Majority of the story is spent on a ship or on islands.

I liked all the characters. Some more than others, but still that's a rare occurrence. We have the main character Fable, who was dropped by h
megs_bookrack
The first thing that attracted me to this book was the gorgeous cover, but the synopsis sealed the deal.

This sounds incredible!

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Thank you so much to Wednesday Books for the ARC. I am really excited to get into this seaside tale.

Bookphenomena (Micky)

I crushed this in a day, simply because I could not put it down. FABLE was the start of a strong duology, all at sea. It was a tale of survival, family and bonds stronger than family. Fable was a deep sea diver and everything about that was fascinating.

I’d dove almost every day since I was a child. The water was more of a home than Jeval ever was.

Fable herself was a strong young woman, almost feral but human under the shell. She had been abandoned in a place where food and resources wer
Isabel Ibañez
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys. This book is WONDERFUL. I love every character, every word. I don’t want to give anything away except to say that this world is one I hated leaving.

Get ready. !!!!!!
Wren (fablesandwren)
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Wednesday Books for this early copy of this most anticipated book!
Shauni
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
To begin, the cover of this book is stunning. I absolutely love the detail and colors. Now, the story. The first half was pretty slow and I almost gave up. But I'm so glad I kept reading. The story finally began to unfurl in the second half and it became the beautiful tale I was hoping for. The characters are well developed and the plot is heartwrenching yet hopeful. I loved the pirate and map/hidden treasure vibe. I can't wait to find out what happens next. I only wish the first half was as int ...more
Erin
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, kindle, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for an egalley in exchange for an honest review.

This just might be my favorite Adrienne Young story yet. After all, I had only read the first chapter and then hurriedly requested book 2 on Netgalley. Yes, it's that good. A seafaring adventure in which our title character, Fable searches for the father that left her behind years ago while also searching for her own place in the world. But who can Fable trust?

Fable is a fierce and determined character
Final Round
5,080,632 Votes Cast

• Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)
  • Hideaway
  • Star Daughter
  • The Inn
  • The Last Story of Mina Lee
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)
  • A Golden Fury
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Written in Starlight (Woven in Moonlight, #2)
  • Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
New York Times bestselling author of SKY IN THE DEEP, THE GIRL THE SEA GAVE BACK & FABLE from Wednesday Books. Agent: Barbara Poelle, IGLA

Adrienne Young is a born and bred Texan turned California girl. She is a foodie with a deep love of history and travel and a shameless addiction to coffee. When she’s not writing, you can find her on her yoga mat, scouring antique fairs for old books, sipping wi

Fable (2 books)