Start by marking “Claire at Edisto” as Want to Read:

Claire at Edisto

Set against the alluring backdrop of coastal South Carolina, CLAIRE AT EDISTO takes the reader on a sweet and gentle journey showing that love and new beginnings can often bloom from the deepest sorrows.

Standing in grief and shock at the grave of her young husband, Claire Avery wonders what she and her young daughters will do now. They live in the church parsonage they
Published April 2nd 2019 by Mountain Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Claire at Edisto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claire at Edisto

Start your review of Claire at Edisto
Susan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire At Edisto

Lin Stepp

CLAIRE AT EDISTO is such a wonderful story that I immediately went to my library on line and ordered all of Lin Stepp's other books. I loved everything about this beautiful story and I'm excited to continue the series. CLAIRE AT EDISTO is book one in the Edisto Trilogy. Lin Stepp has a way of grabbing her readers and I loved every minute of it. Claire has just buried her husband who also happened to be the pastor, and she isn't sure what she is going to do. They live in
Julia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire At Edisto by Lin Stepp is the most delightful and heart-warming Christian tale that will leave you smiling. It is the first book in the Edisto trilogy and I cannot wait for the next two books.
This is a beautiful family novel that deals with loss a sudden loss that leaves a young widow with two daughters aged five and nine. These young girls are wise beyond their years. Dont cry to say goodbye to Daddys grave. Hes not there anymore. Their faith is infectious and catching.
There is a
Suzie Waltner
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Doesnt a quiet vacation where you are part of a close-knit beach community sound wonderful? Well, you may not be able to physically get to Edisto, South Carolina, but Lin Stepps descriptions and details will definitely put you there mentally.

Claire and her girls are such a joy to spend time with as they settle in at Edisto. Through the eyes of Mary Helen and Suki, we get to explore the beach and the island while Parkers excursions take us further inland to some of the surrounding areas such as
Christi
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I cannot even begin to imagine losing a spouse suddenly and at a young age, but that is exactly where Claire Avery finds herself after her husband, a Methodist preacher, goes to work one morning, never to return, leaving her with nothing but two young daughters and nowhere to go. Parker, her husband's favorite brother, vows to help Claire get back up on her feet while she tries to figure out what to do with her life now that she is left with two little girls and no husband to help support their ...more
Amanda  H
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire of Edisto was a beautiful story of a love lost, a beautiful island filled with history, and a love found. I enjoyed the characters and their journeys. I was glad to read that there will be more books in the series that will cover the stories of Claire's daughters, once they are grown. This is the first book I had read by Lin, and I was blown away by the depth of the story and the characters. I look forward to reading the others in the series!
I received this book from Just Read Tours. This
Erin
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
Claire at Edisto:
After having read the other book I knew I was in for a treat with reading this one so I stepped in with gusto! I was prepared to devour it in one nursing session but baby did not want to cooperate. We're starting to fight sleep here so I didn't get as far as I had wished. But don't worry the book is definitely worth coming back to.

I am reminded of Biblical times when a man was expected to marry and care for his brother's widow. But no one expects that anymore or do they? Claire
Megan W. (pnwbookworm)
Overall this was a pretty enjoyable read for me. I enjoyed the characters, especially Claire's Daughters, and the setting was fabulous, as were the descriptions. The supporting characters also brought a lot of color to the book. The writing was well done but the book dragged in some places and it was pretty easy to predict where it was going so I found myself skimming towards the end. I also felt like Claire's character was fairly naive and that didn't really fit with her backstory. Overall ...more
Brittany
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I believe that there will be quite a few people who really love this story. The author did a very good job of painting a picture of the beauty of Edisto.

I, however, struggled to connect with these characters. I felt more as if they and their situation were being described to me, rather than personally diving in and experiencing the story for myself. I also felt that extraneous information and dialogue made it into the book that would usually be edited out for a more concise and smooth story.

Terri
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claire at Edisto

Oh my! I loved this story. All of Lins books are excellent, but this just may be my favorite. The characters were fabulous. Their personalities jumped off the pages. And the little girls! I loved them. It is wonderful to be able to enjoy a well written Christian novel. I cant wait for the next one.
Michelle
*sigh* My heart hurt for Claire as she was doing her best to be mom and dad to her son after her husband passed. The story had a sweet pace and I could imagine being on Edisto too. I enjoyed this one and have recommended it to several friends who like the beach or Edisto.
Ruth Fenster
I did not particularly care for this book. The story was too predictable and had too much religion in it for me.
Kenna
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet story set at one of my favorite places. It made me wish I could go live at Edisto. I cant wait for the next book in this trilogy! ...more
Kimmie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutley loved this book !!!
Finding love in unexcpected places is my favorite type of book. Lin did a great job on this book and I Can't wait to pick up another of her books.
Rebecca Thompson
Kimberly Smolter
is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2019
Lin Stepp
Apr 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Zoe
Irishmaddoc
Jan 29, 2020
Jane
Jan 29, 2020

• Her Colorado Cowboy (Rocky Mountain Heroes #3)
  • Traces of Guilt (Evie Blackwell Cold Case, #1)
  • A Welcome at Our Door (Amish Homestead #4)
  • Live Without You
  • Summer by the Tides
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • The Deputy's Holiday Family (Rocky Mountain Heroes #2)
  • RES-Q Tyler Stop (Tyler Stop, #1)
  • Their Ranch Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heroes #1)
  • The Nantucket Inn (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #1)
  • Grace & Lavender
  • War-Torn Heart
  • The Edge of Mercy
  • As the Light Fades
  • The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street  (Tradd Street, #6)
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • Cameo Courtships: 4 Stories of Women Whose Lives Are Touched by a Legendary Gift

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...