Start by marking “The Interlude” as Want to Read:

The Interlude

In this gentle, inspirational romance, Lin Stepp reveals the healing touch and deep peace the beauty of the Smoky Mountains can bring to a hurt and troubled heart.

Too much work, too much pressure, and too much heartache can lead even a strong young woman like Mallory Wingate to the edge of a nervous breakdown. Now her doctor and employer have insisted she take a space to h
Published April 2nd 2019 by Mountain Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Interlude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Interlude

Susan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

Lin Stepp

THE INTERLUDE is part of the Smoky Mountain series by Lin Stepp. The twists and turns keep coming and I had to know how it was going to end! Every time I thought I knew where this story was going, a few pages later, Lin Stepp threw me for a loop and I knew I was wrong! I'm kicking myself for not reading this wonderful novel sooner. I'm on a mission now to read all of her books. They are just that good!

THE INTERLUDE is a quick read and unputdownable! There were quite a few t
Jypsy
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading The Interlude was a bit out of the box for me, but it's good to try different types of books sometimes. Lin Steep has written a heart warming thoughtful story full of charm and idyllic everything. Yes, everything. The story is well written and paced, so I'm not referring to the writing style of the author, just the content.

The Good:
Serious mental health issues including bipolar disorder, suicide and mental breakdowns are addressed, and that is excellent. It's so important to shed more l
Julia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Interlude by Lin Stepp is the most delightful contemporary Christian novel and part of the Smokey mountain series. I loved it.
The Interlude is a book that you do not so much read as experience. I longed to jump inside its pages. With full descriptions Lin Stepp paints pictures of both landscape and characters enabling the reader to ‘walk’ through the novel.
The characters were wonderfully drawn with realistic flaws and hang ups. They are warm and welcoming, opening their arms to encompass the
Christi
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mirriam-Webster Dictionary defines the word interlude as "an intervening or interruptive period, space, or event," which is exactly what Mallory Wingate needed, and got, in more ways than she could've possibly imagined. After having a breakdown at work, and being admitted to the hospital, both her doctor and boss agree that Mallory needs a break, so Mallory heads back to the only place she's ever called home, her grandparents home, Millhouse Resort in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

On the flig
Erin
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
The Interlude:
Okay, I have to admit I wasn't sure which book to read first so I started with The Interlude. It's a nice quaint setting with a good romantic story in it. But there is also a mystery and crimes. I didn't expect those to pop up in this book. Not sure that I expected anything more than a sweet romance story.

M.T. also known as Mallory is a book editor who suffers a mental breakdown. Lucas is a widowed man with a daughter to raise. But he's no stranger to mental health issues due to hi
Suzie Waltner
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A chance meeting on a plane and a lively conversation is exactly what Mallory needs after the trauma and drama of the past several months. On her way to her grandparents’ home in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee for some doctor-prescribed R&R, Mallory doesn’t expect to ever see Lucas again.

Lin Stepp gives readers a wonderful mountain escape. From the gorgeous scenery to the resort crowds and busyness of Gatlinburg during the summer, I could picture it all. And then there’s the well-paced plo
Amanda  H
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Interlude is a very different story from the other one I have read by Lin (Claire of Edisto), though no less beautiful. I enjoyed getting to know Mallory and Lucas, with their individual struggles and triumphs. There is also a fair bit of mystery with this story, which I always enjoy. The mysteries really kept the story moving forward! Lin is an excellent writer and I've enjoyed these two titles tremendously.
I received this book from Just Read tours. This is my honest review and is in no way
Kimmie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book !!
Highly recommend adding it to your TBR pile :) I love books set in places that ive been.
Maryann Fox
Apr 09, 2019
Kathy
Apr 11, 2019
Lin Stepp
Apr 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Edward D.Jasper