Start by marking “Say It Again (First Wives #5)” as Want to Read:
Say It Again (First Wives #5)

Say It Again

(First Wives #5)

In the final First Wives novel by New York Times bestselling author Catherine Bybee, falling in love could become the most dangerous dare of one woman’s life.

Protector-for-hire Sasha Budanov is accustomed to life as a loner. Always on the move, she’s now reached a crossroad. Looking for answers about her shadowy youth, she’s returned to the strict boarding school in Ge

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 343 pages
Published September 24th 2019 by Montlake Romance

Start your review of Say It Again (First Wives #5)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I found out that we were getting Sasha's story even though she isn't a First Wife. She has been in this series from the very first book and has been this mysterious woman. She never let anyone close or disclosed anything about herself, but she was always there when anyone needed her. You just knew there was so much to learn about her character.

Sometimes with an anticipated character like hers, the background just can't compare once you learn it. Boy is that not the case he
"Avonna
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SAY IT AGAIN (First Wives Club Book 5) by Catherine Bybee is the last romantic suspense in this series and features the mysterious Sasha, who has made intriguing appearances since book 1. This is a well written series of books that have unique suspense and relationship plots that can be read as standalones, but the relationships between all of the “First Wives” evolve and change, so in my opinion it is best to read the series in or
♥Rachel♥
Sasha is at a crossroads in her life after fulfilling a long-time mission and having nothing on her agenda she’s not sure what’s next. Ritcher is the military type boarding school that molded her into the woman she is today and so she decides to visit her old school and ends up with a mystery to solve in the process.

Enter AJ. His sister, a previous student of Richter, has been murdered and AJ is determined to find her killer. AJ wasn’t super close to his sister, so he decides to trace her past
Carvanz
If you like a tough heroine that can really kick tale, Sasha is the one for you. She was trained as a child to fight and learned on her own how to hack into computer systems. There’s nothing this woman can’t do, except stay in one place and develop relationships.

When A.J. signals her out to help him find clues to his sister’s murder, Sasha is hesitant. But soon she’s leading the way and A.J. willingly follows. With the help of Reed and Neil as well as their team of experts, they find connections
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

As I have been reading the First Wives series, Sasha has always been the one that I have needed to know more about. She lives on the outskirts of the "First Wivers" and their families, kind of on the outside looking in, but that is the way likes it... or is it.

She is such a badar$e, you just never know what she is going to get up to next. I loved learning more about her past and how she got to be the woman she is today. And she's the kind of woman w
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I love this series and a so happy that Sasha got her chance for a happy ending. She is a badass just looking to belong. Going back to where she began has her experiencing flashbacks and realizing that some people are not what they seem. AJ is desperate to find out how his sister died. When these two meet the attraction is electrifying. Fighting it at every turn, they must work together to solve the mysterious deaths that they have uncovered. Such a great book!

Review copy provided for a voluntary
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You help everyone. We trust that you’ll be there. When will you trust that we will be here for you?”
“The moment you trust someone to be there is when they leave.”

It only took a hot minute for me to be dazzled by Catherine Bybee’s books when I first discovered them, but it was this series in particular that made me irrevocably fall in love with her storytelling, so seeing it come to an end was nothing short of bittersweet. And while I always expected this heroine’s story to be somewh
Sally Channing
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
Got this as an ARC from Netgalley. Another great book by Catherine Bybee. I enjoyed this book that wraps up the "First Wives Club" but didn't feel so involved with Sasha, maybe because she is not one of the "wives" but just a friend. Can't wait to see what Catherine Bybee has as her next series. I have loved them all and introduced friends to her books, which they also love.
TJ
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5.0
One thing I have come to absolutely love about this author is that she NEVER allows her stories to fit any mold. Rather, she follows her characters where they lead instead of forcing them into her box of “contemporary romance”. Yes, all are contemporary but each and every story is different depending on the people within those stories.

This book focuses on Sasha, a very intricately layered woman who is something of a James Bond in female form. She uses her extensive talents to help and pr
Linda Brackin
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't believe this is the last book in the First Wives series. You finally get to see where Sasha came from and what influenced her to be the independent, feisty, head-strong women she is. Her long journey will make you feel sorry for her but on the other hand, make you feel proud to have seen how she has come a long ways since meeting Trina. I really enjoyed how Catherine Bybee developed the interaction of new and returning characters with Sasha. You will experience moments when you want to cry ...more
~ Cariad ~
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 00-audiobooks
I need more stars!

Wow, I absolutely LOVED this whole series. Hope CB has something new out soon. She's, without doubt, autoread for me. More from this group of friends would be great!
Peggy Jaeger
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I’m so sad this is the last “FIRST WIVES” book from Catherine Bybee, because I simply love all of the additions to the series, this one included.

For the past few books we’ve seen SASHA BUDANOV as a bad ass protector and security maven. SAY IT AGAIN finally gives up a glimpse of who – and what- she really is.

First and foremost, she’s a loner. Raised in a military-type school where she thought she was an orphan, Sasha is a woman for whom the words “I love you” was never said to her.

Now, at a cross
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Say It Again by Catherine Bybee is book 5 in the First Wives Series. This is the story of Sasha Budanov and AJ Hofmann. I have read the previous books, but feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so. Sasha has a somewhat mystery past childhood which now is making her start to want to know what her past holds. This leads her to her childhood school which along the way she meets AJ. Aj wants Sasha help in finding out who killed his sister. This brings AJ and Sasha to start wor ...more
MsChris1161
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, ebook, own, netgalley
Finally we learn more of the enigmatic Sasha. In SAY IT AGAIN, the 5th book in Catherine Bybee's First Wives series we learn about the mystery woman Bybee's been dangling and teasing her readers with since the first book. And WOW! What a background story! I was picturing every badass female I've ever seen in action movies. What a thrill ride this book was. As are ALL of Bybee's stories it's well written, well researched, the characters are fun and real and easy to connect with, the mystery and s ...more
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story!

Full of action, adventure, romance and heart. I love the lesson about family though not in blood. The naughty way AJ gained Sasha's heart...so many LOL moments between them even with the other characters. This opens your mind to exploitation of talents and skills of minor to grow up spies and assassins. To make them heartless and robotic to these "employers". Had an awesome time reading this, thank you! Oh by any chance, can you do a spin off on Cooper and Clair...there's
Vikki Vaught
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Bybee has become one of my auto-buy authors. This is book five in the First Wives Club series. When I received an invitation from the publisher, via Net-Galley, to read and review, I immediately accepted since I loved the other books in this fantastic series! My opinions are my own and not influenced by anyone.

Say It Again is an emotionally-charged romance with plenty of action and great characters. The plot is suspenseful and had me flipping the pages on my Kindle quickly. As with all
Shari
Wow!!! I devoured this book in one day, could not put it down. I was so excited to get Sasha's story and this did not disappoint. Protector for Hire, Sasha has returned to her boarding school in Germany to gather information on her past when she meets AJ, also looking for answers on the death of his sister. They will join forces to get to the bottom of her death and along the way find many secrets about Richter.

This is a compelling story with many twists and turns and falling in love when you le
Kim Perry
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Say It Again was the fitting conclusion to the First Wives series. Catherine Bybee knocked it out of the park with this sexy and suspenseful story featuring the elusive Sasha. Sasha is a total badass. She grew up in a strict military boarding academy and she has all the skills to show for it. She's always been a loner and she's uncomfortable with the ties she does have to Lori, Avery, Trina, Shannon, and their spouses and security teams. Going back to her former school gives her clues to her pas ...more
Paulette Reecer
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Say It

Say what? What words is it so hard to say? Three little words, 8 letters, that's all there is. And yet they are so hard to say and mean. I love you. Say it again.
B.
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of a suspense novel than a romance. If you’ve read Bybee’s earlier books in this series, you’ve been introduced to the mysterious Sasha. She possesses unbelievable skills but always appeared on the periphery. Now she’s the main character and we find out more about her background and how she developed her amazing skills. She was educated on a weird sort of military school in Germany where graduates are often recruited for all sorts of spy agencies and even more nefarious tasks.

In thi
Tanisha Inman
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: badass-women
Sasha Budanov was a badass woman in the best sense of the word. She evolved from a mysterious woman in the first book to a genuine member of the family and team at the end of this book. Her evolution was done at the right pace that the reader was right there along with her. Sasha is the person you always want to have at your back, whether you know she’s there or not. Sasha’s technically not a first wife but she’s as much a member of this chosen family as any of them.

I love when a woman is Bourne
Rita Kayla
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I requested this book on Netgalley I did not expect to receive it the next day! I downloaded it on July 14 and it’s only yesterday that I got the time to read it!

Okay, so still don’t really have the time but the suspense was killing me! So I paused everything and it was Sasha time!

If you’re a fan of the series, you will absolutely love Say It Again!
And if you’re not a fan of the series, you will absolutely love Say It Again!

It is INTENSE! From start to finish and I’ve read the book overnigh
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fifth (and sadly, final) book in the series. If you have not read any of them yet, then I would recommend that you do, as they are really good. You will meet characters from the previous books here, but actually Sasha's story is quite separate, so you could read this first and then go back. Each story is wonderfully unique and this one certainly is too! Sasha was never a first wife, however, she has been an i
Erin Lewis
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Say It Again (First Wives #5) by Catherine Bybee

Reading this book was bittersweet, knowing that it is the final book in the series. There is something about Catherine Bybee’s style of writing that resonates with me. She weaves a story that has me totally immersed from the first to the last page.

Although a stand alone I would probably be inclined to read the previous books in the series before reading Say It Again as the books provide the back story for this book.

This is Sasha Budan
Rachel - Read with Rach
Say It Again is the fifth book in Catherine Bybee's First Wives Club series. I have loved every book in this series and Say It Again is no exception!

I have been intrigued by Sasha since the very first book in the series. She has always been kind of an enigma, floating in and out of the other character's lives as she sees fit. In Say It Again we learn all about Sasha's past and what has made her into the woman we saw in the first four books. AJ Hofmann enters Sasha's life while investigating his
Miriam Wolfe
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Could not wait for Sasha's story! She was so mysterious in the previous books and snuck in and out and you just wanted more of her.

She sets up a huge chain reaction when she goes back and visits the "boarding" school she attended and graduated from. There are a few twists and turns that you do not see coming and I could not put the book down!

When Sasha meets AJ, there is not the instant love as Sasha is not used to this emotion and it kind of grows
Kathy
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadly, this is the last of the First Wives Club series, but it ended with Sashas’s story and I loved it. While Sasha was not part of the First Wives Club, she did have an integral part of the series. Always a loner, seemingly coming and going in the darkness of night helping her friends. Yet when she tries to find out more about herself, she finds a man, AJ, who is also troubled by his past. As their past intertwines with each other, the two together make an undeniable force to be reckoned with. ...more
Ginger
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book with a lot of action! Sasha is a like a female version of James Bond. She has been slipping in and out of the lives of the first wives club for several years and now we finally find out more about her. Not knowing where her life is going, she returns to where she grew up, a military style school with more secrets than anwers.
AJ is looking for the killer of is sister and he suspects that it has something to do with the school she attended. The same school that Sasha did.
Reluctan
Lorraine
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favourite writer of the moment is Catherine Bybee, I think I've read nearly everything she's written. Say it Again is the latest in a line of fab romantic thrillers and fifth in the First Wives series.
Sasha Budanov is a protector for hire. Trained in the Military arts at a select Boarding School in Germany. Loner Sasha discovers a connection of murders when she meets American AJ Hoffman.
Once again the wives & their families from the previous books all come together to look out for each othe
SynergyQuest
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed Say it Again! Honestly, I didn’t expect this type of read from Ms. Bybee and I think love it even more for that. It’s so refreshing when an author you love surprises you by showing another side of her talent.

This one has action, thrill, intrigue and of course romance. It’s pretty perfect.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Wonder of Now (Sanctuary Sound, #3)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Enchanted (The Accidental Billionaires #4)
  • The Promise of Us (Sanctuary Sound #2)
  • The Family Journal
  • The Wild One (Corisi Billionaires, #2)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
  • Temptation on Ocean Drive (The Sunshine Sisters, #2)
  • Miss Janie's Girls
  • Love on Beach Avenue (The Sunshine Sisters, #1)
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Call Her Mine (Harmony Pointe, #1)
  • Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • A Dash of Christmas (Montgomery Brothers)
New York Times Bestselling Author

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York Tim

First Wives (5 books)
  • Fool Me Once (First Wives #1)
  • Half Empty (First Wives #2)
  • Chasing Shadows (First Wives #3)
  • Faking Forever (First Wives #4)