Start by marking “Forever People” as Want to Read:
Forever People

Forever People

Welcome to Zeta City, where the whole world goes to die. Here, the Node System uploads the minds of the dying so they can spend eternity in a digital Promised Land. But, this cyber heaven is causing hell on earth for the living because the System forces them to earn Points to buy data in the afterlife.

Camille is a salty mercenary out to hoard as many Points as possible by
216 pages
Published March 28th 2019 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Forever People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever People

Start your review of Forever People
Sibil
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: readtoreview
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. English review to come

Questo libro ha un'idea di base che mi è piaciuta parecchio e un world building molto interessante: in questo mondo la morte vera, la dissoluzione di un essere vivente senza sapere cosa ci sia dopo è una cosa rara. La maggior parte dei territori, infatti, sono coperti da una rete (tecnologicamente parlando) che "carica" l'essenza di una persona nel Nodo, una specie di realtà virtuale in cui la vita continua
The Book Dragon
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this crazy Sci-Fi novel, I found myself faced with ethical dilemmas, a fondness for terrorist hackers, and a yearning to off myself. Needless to say, this one was quite a ride! In a summary of the plot, a computer code was created around cities, allowing those who died to have their consciousness automatically uploaded into this digitized afterlife. So as long as you died within the safety of these “Node nets,” you were granted life everlasting. Most of the Earth has been netted as such, ...more
Jessica Bronder
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this future, people can live after death when their conscious is uploaded to the Node. But what kind of life they have in the Node depends on the credits they have earned before death, the more points the better the afterlife. Camille is someone that is hired to hunt down those that have died with debt and collect it. The main reason is to make sure her afterlife is very comfortable.

But then a rebel leader, Toy has decided that she is going to create an upload a virus which will cancel out
Kimberly
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forever People authored by Alison Lyke is an action-packed sci-fi thriller that consumed me. It is a short read, and there is a lot packed into this book, I was afraid that there would be no way to tell the story in so few pages. But I was pleasantly surprised and thrilled with the book overall.

Forever People tells the story of many different characters. However, the author titled her chapters based on the story told. They all intermingle, but I am a sucker for books written in this way.
Jessica Belmont
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alison Lyke has created one heck of a Sci-Fi novel. Forever People is fast-paced, clever and consuming. I read it in one sitting because I wasn't able to put it down.

Camile has the wonderful, no non-sense attitude that I just felt connected with immediately. She was real and raw, and everything I wanted in a character. The rest of the characters were also compelling in their own ways.

I loved the high stakes, dangerous mission. I was transported into this story and I felt like I was there. I was
Brian  Dycus
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic sci-fi/cyber punk novel from a promising young author.
At its base, Forever People explores the possibility of uploading a consciousness to a network (the node), so that mortal life may be prolonged. The time allotted in the "node" is bought with a peculiar currency ("points") that can be earned and lost over the course of a lifetime.
Aside from an interesting exploration into the consequences of modern technology, the author also does a great job at developing the characters, who
Jessi
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
This sci-fi novel deals with the ethical dilemmas of the afterlife. What would you do to guarantee you could have whatever afterlife you wanted?
Camille makes her living by hunting down the recently deceased and collecting debts they may owe to the living. As a result she is well-set for her eventual afterlife. But what will Camille do when a virus hits the Node, threatening everything she’s worked for?
I really enjoyed this book. It really made me
Patty Remmell
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forever People is one of those books that invites you to let go and let the narrative lead you down a rabbit hole. Alison Lyke has crafted yet another strong work of fantasy/sci-fi on the heels of her first novel, Honey. Forever People, relies on a fairly complex and chaotic world as a framework for the answer to the unasked question, "What happens to us after we die?" as well as a backdrop for her strong characters: Toy, a renegade girl; Camille, her pursuer; and others who are caught up in a ...more
S.K. Gregory
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Camille is a bounty hunter on the trail of Toy. They live in a world where your consciousness can be uploaded onto the cloud when you die. As long as you have enough points. An interesting read with some great characters. I like the idea behind it and who knows it could become a reality in the future! I would recommend it.
Jvles
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn, this was not what I expected and it was so good!

In a future where you have to earn as much Node Points as you can in your life to be comfortable in your afterlife, we follow an unlikely bounty hunter and a young rebel as they struggle and learn and ultimately try to make the world a better place.
I really liked the author's style and immensely enjoyed the story. I would love to read more about this world.
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
3.5/5

Review to come April 22
Kim Lo
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forever People is a futuristic sci-fi cyberpunk adventure where the world lives to accumulate Node Points which helps them get better treatment when they enter the Node after they die. As per the stories from the Founders which created this system. However, when Camille, a bounty hunter with a special gadget called the Confiner gets hired to catch a rebel before she commits suicide ends up losing out on that mission, things go sideways and a lot of secrets get discovered as a result. There’s a ...more
Cindy
Donald W Miller
Dec 06, 2019
Helena#bookdreamer
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Unfortunately I had a difficult time getting through this sci-fi novel. It may be due to the formating. The chapters ended rather abruptly and the flow of the story seemed disjointed. Couldn't grasp who was who as the author changed points of views. The plot was intriguing but the execution poor.
Black Rose Writing
Michael McMahan
Jun 19, 2019
Salvatore Mulliri
Alison
Jul 31, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Billie
Lexy
Douglass Abramson
Ashley

• Hamartia
  • Chance (Sydney Jones #2)
  • Murder at the Columbarium
  • The Space Between Time
  • The Desire Card
  • Clockwork Image
  • Demons Are D*cks: A Comedy of Terrors
  • A Drop of Blue (Rifters #1)
  • Violet's Story (Creepy Hollow Books 1, 2 & 3)
  • Stalk the Moon (Mirrorside #1)
  • Sketch
  • The Angel of Evil (The Great Devil War #4)
  • The Wrongful Death (The Great Devil War #3)
  • SANE ENOUGH TO KNOW SHE'S CRAZY
Alison is a fantasy and science fiction author and professor with a Master’s degree in creative writing. Her debut novel, a modern mythology titled Honey, was published in 2013.

She lives in Rochester, New York with her partner Jon-Paul and two sons, Jonah and Isaac. When not reading or writing, Alison enjoys spending time in nature, practicing meditation and yoga, and playing video games.