Start by marking “The Rules of Burken” as Want to Read:
The Rules of Burken

The Rules of Burken

Twenty-four-year-old Charlotte Stahl would do anything for her older brother, Ian. After all, he’d done everything for her growing up.

He played Burken with her—a hide-and-seek game they made up as kids.

He comforted her when their mom deserted them.

He raised her when their dad went to prison for murder.

To Charlotte, Ian is the only reason she’s still alive—he’s her rock. S
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: April 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Rules of Burken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rules of Burken

Amy
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buckle your seatbelts, dear readers, because Traci Finlay is going to take you on a chase that will have you running this way and that, sometimes looking over your shoulder and sometimes hiding from your worst fears.

Charlotte and her brother have played this game, Burken, since they were kids. The nature of the game is almost irrelevant; what intrigues you is why they play this sort of thing, particularly when they’re in their twenties. Why would a nearly thirty-year-old brother chase his sister
CDBW
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-arc
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

What the heck did I just read?!?! That was some freaky, crazy, twisted story! I was literally on the edge of my seat while reading right from the start.
I started reading this Monday evening. I had to stop because books like this tend to freak me out When I picked this back up Tuesday morning, I was on the edge of my seat.
Just when I thought I had things figured out or I thought the story was going a certain way, Ms Finlay would throw me for a loop. She had my ja
Lindsey Domokur
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was, woah. There were so many twists, turns and WTF moments. The story resonated with me because of the subject matter. These people are real and live among us, charming their way into society. This book was creepy cause it can happen, has happened, and continues to happen. I really thought I knew where it was going about 22%, but that all went out the door. It was a book that is going to stay with me for a long time.
SP Drewry
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve restarted this review about four times. My struggle is real because there is no way to adequately gush about this twisted and addictive story until the author creates some kind of reader-rehab group where we can all get together and dissect the beautiful madness we have just read. A murderous father, a runaway mother, and a charismatic brother—the best a girl could ask for—who might be better at playing games than Charlotte ever thought.

This book works. It works because Ian is…brilliant. I
Jessica
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
The premise is intriguing but the follow throw falls flat. Some of the characters-ugh-Fanny is a hot mess.

Bottom line I wanted to love this and just didn't.
Janice Lombardo
Mar 22, 2019
Jason Modica
Mar 14, 2019
Erica Russikoff
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edited
Full disclosure: I proofed this book.

That being said, I believe in it so much that I will be buying and reviewing it. It’s an outstanding sitting-at-the-edge-of-your-seat read! Review to come with Matt!
Crystal Blanton
Dee Lagasse
Tricia Daniels
Tasara
Mar 01, 2019
Traci Finlay grew up in the Midwest and transplanted to Florida for college. She received a bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts with a minor in English, met and married the love of her life and moved to Miami, where she currently lives with her husband, two sons, and two smart-mouthed dogs.

Growing up, she loved reading books, but had a particular passion for mysteries. Throughout her adulthood