Start by marking “Dare” as Want to Read:

A voice that commands attention.

Weatherly Beck is an angel with a body made for sin.

Whip-smart.
Dr
Paperback
Published August 15th 2019 (first published August 13th 2019)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Aug 15, 2019
    I DARE You!

Enter for our chance to win 1 of 3 signed paperbacks of this hot new rock star romance: DARE - A Rock Star Hero.

He’s the sexiest kind of

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 1383 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 01 - Aug 31, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Dare, please sign up.
    S.L. Scott Yes. Dare is a complete standalone.

Thanks for the question!
    S.
    S.L. Scott Dare is a complete standalone rock star romance set in Austin. Opposites attract.

DARE - A Rock Star Hero - Synopsis

Dare Marquis is a bad boy…more

DARE - A Rock Star Hero - Synopsis

A voice that commands attention.

Weatherly Beck is an angel with a body made for sin.

Whip-smart.
    Drop dead gorgeous.
    Too good for any guy from the east side.

Her life is planned out, so I don’t have a right to step in and mess up her future. But when I look into her sapphire blue eyes and taste the innocence on her lips, I know we’re meant to be more than a one-night stand.

I want her to take a chance on me, to take a chance on us. She may not be a damsel in distress, but I Dare her to let me be her Hero.
    (less)

S.L. Scott
    Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    🎸LIVE 🎸LIVE 🎸LIVE 🎸
    There’s a new ROCK STAR in town!

DARE - A Rock Star Hero by S.L. Scott is LIVE!!
    FREE on Kindle Unlimited: https://smarturl.it/DareAm
    Enter both g-i-v-e-a-w-a-y-s: https://smarturl.it/Giveaway2019

Dare: A Rock Star Hero

Aaly
    *** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

I couldn’t put it down.
    Incredibly romantic and inspiring. Oh man, I did feel the love in the air, feeling the magic operating and seeing their love blossom so breathtaking, pure and it felt so real.
    Everything seemed to fade away when I was reading Dare, a beautiful story about these two souls who had finally found each other, who fought together against all odds to achieve their dreams on their own terms, writing such a magnificent melody.

Just
    Rhonda Ziglar
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    5 MY DARE STARS!! Oh my goodness.....Dare is my new book boyfriend!! This book is my favorite by this amazing author!! Dare and Weatherly's story touched every part of my heart. These two are perfection and I felt like I knew them as if they are part of my family and friends. You definitely need this book in your life, so what are you waiting for.....1-Click now.
    Kristy Odom
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I loved Dare! I found him to be all sides of man and all sides of a rock star. I loved that Weatherly stopped him in his tracks. Even though they were total opposites they just clicked. This book was romantic and sweet it had all the feels!💙
    Aimee Crant-oksa
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I am a big fan of SL Scott’s books and especially her rocker series so I was excited when I heard about Dare. It did not disappoint. Dare will give you all the feels of friendship, love, angst and warm your heart.

Dare is a bad boy rocker, not looking for a girlfriend or a commitment. Weatherly is from the good side of town, studying to be a lawyer and trying to find her place in the world. They meet for a night or so they think. When their worlds collide, they will never be the same again. Their
    Kristen Johnson
    Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Oh Dare — You are so very much worth the wait.

Full review to come

One thing I can always count on when reading S.L. Scott's Rockstars is falling in love with not only the main character, but the entire band - that hasn't changed. Dare captivated me from the first page til the last.

Dare introduces us to a new Austin Band, the Heroes, and brings us the story of Dare and Weatherly. Let me first say that I love how on point Scott always is when it comes to bringing to life band members. I don't kno
    Na
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

""We're a whirlwind romance." "No, babe. We're a hurricane in the making.""

With Dare S.L. Scott created another amazing addition to her rockstar romance collection.
    Its easy to love characters and the perfectly paced slow burn romance make this book just adorable.
    Dare and Pepper are a perfect match and I love their dynamic and how the just feel together.

"When I'm with you, I don't need to hear the music. I feel the rhythm."

Even if I had a great time reading the book and following those c
    Lynn
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I’m a major fan of tattoos, so it's a given I found the Hero attractive from the beginning.

Tattoos wrap around his exposed forearms and trickle onto the top of three of his knuckles. Getting a closer look, I notice how anger infiltrates the black ink, contradicting the grin on his face.

I'm using this gif for shits and giggles, because the dude in the gif is not as sexy as Dare. LOL.
    description

I seriously imagined his knuckles brushing over my cheeks along with other things.

description

Okay, enough about the tattoo’
    Love & Lavender Book Review
    Oh my freaking DARE MARQUIS!!! This book is a beefy, epic story of fate, passion and written like sheer poetry! Every word that Suzie uses is incredibly poignant. Jammed packed with ALL THE FEELS, every sentence serves a purpose to grab a hold and not let go. I was trapped for hours in this whirlwind romance that was destined from the start. I felt the connection from the get-go and it's FREAKING INTENSE!

Two characters that would have never met without the love of architecture and chance. Now,
    Lynn
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Dare and Weatherly are book perfection. That is what SL Scott gives readers. It gives all the feels we love in romance books. Swoon, chemistry, honesty, a little conflict, amazing resolution. I was addicted to this book and never wanted it to end!

Dare and Weatherly both has issues from the past that affect how they are. They are drawn to each other right from the tart and it all makes sense. The book is not rushed. Dare is such an incredible man that you just fall in love with him. From his rela
    booksiflove
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
    FATE.

Weatherly and Dare meet in a bar where the band is having a gig.
    She comes from the Westside, where money is no problem.
    He comes from the Eastside, where money is always tight.
    Two worlds collide. Can they make it work?

Weatherly is a beautiful young lady, smart, and has a life / future mapped out for her by her family. Until she meets Dare. Hot sexy singer in a bad boy rock group. They have an instant connection, and it’s great to see their love growing more and more throughout the book!

I
    Cindy Fong
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Some things are fated in life. One random day a boy and a chatty girl met and left an impression on each other. One day in a bar a rock star was drawn to a pretty girl at the bar. The rest is history, well with some angst thrown in.

This story has so much depth of two people trying to live their best lives and when their paths intersect their hearts meld into one. Against family and a friends they blaze their own paths together and independently.

I loved this story of Dare and Pepper. Through ev
    Kelly - Words We Love By
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Dare is one of those books you could fall into and read all day, as you get lost in the lives of these characters. Dare and Weatherly meet when they were extremely young just once at a chance meeting. But they meet as Rob and Pepper. Now years later, they meet once again by chance or is it Fate. Unfortunately, their minds don't remember but their hearts seem to know each other which they find weird. This is a book about 2 people from different sides of the track who find out fate, love and secon ...more
    Jody
    From its charming opening scene to its near-perfect epilogue readers will find this a decadently delightful romance showcasing the theme of opposites attracting as Dare “Robert” Marquis and Weatherly “Pepper” Beck had me rooting for them every step of the way. Add in Dare’s rock star lifestyle and I was even more drawn to this story as his bandmates also left an indelible mark on me that added to this story’s sensuality and has me hoping we’ll see more of these secondary rockers in the future.

Da
    Rebecca
    Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Based on the number of Rockstar romances I’ve read, I feel like I can call myself a rocker romance groupie, and frankly, I don’t see anything wrong with it because it’s not the rocker facade that always keeps me coming back to these arrogant, sexy alpha males, it’s the fact that there is so much more to these bad boys then they show on stage, and with the right woman, the guy beneath the persona is the one who rocks my world!

It’s clear just how much Weatherly Beck has missed out on due to her p
    MiDouradoP
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    That's a Dare you'll willingly take.

Time and time again, I'm surprised by this author work. Reading her books is so refreshing and revitalizes me every time.
    For some reason, I feel that rockstar stories are overrated and overused (and I know I might be in a less number here), but when I saw Suzie Scott was writing us a rockstar, I took this Dare (cheap pun intended).

And I'm so glad I did, because, remember when I said above how rockstar romance is overrated and overused. Well, I totally forgot a
    Kayla
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "This woman is angelic and I am the devil incarnate."

S.L. Scott is doing what she does best with Dare and that's giving us ROCKSTARS! I absolutely LOVED this story and everything about it. This story was just what my heart needed right now. I'm a sucker for Rockstar Romances but Dare is officially one of my favorites. Everything about this story was just unique, heart warming, and HOT. It has the perfect mix of sweet whirlwind romance with a dose of angst and heartbreak. I could NOT be more in
    Roxs Reads
    Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Serendipity, coincidence, fate, or destiny. However you sum it up, Dare Marquis and Weatherly Beck were meant to be! They were born for each other and spent their lives just waiting to see each other again someday. I literally got chills and goose bumps as I read this story and little by little, tidbits were revealed into the beginnings of the characters and I couldn’t wait till they both realized what I already knew—sometimes life lays out a plan for us and we are helpless to fight against it.

S
    TheSassyNerdBlog
    Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This isn't the first book by S.L Scott that I have had the pleasure to read, and just like many of her others, it went off with a bang.
    S.L has a way with her words that'll suck you in from the very first page and Dare: A Rock Star Hero was definitely a MUST READ.

Dare Marquis is the bad boy rock star.
    Sinful, Hot as hell, a man you lust over for years to come.
    A voice like an angel but a look like a devil.
    Those words that flow out of his mouth are ones that have women's panties dropping to the
    KFForever
    Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    KFForever

Reviewed by Tracey Lou on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Yay! One of my favourite authors has done it again. I was so looking forward to reading this story. But why, do you ask? One of my favourite genres, written by an author that reels you in with her words and leaves you wanting more.

Dare Marquis is a bad boy rock star. Did I tell you how much I adore bad boys and even more when they are rock stars? Handsome and cocky, his presence on stage has the ladies lining up for his attention
    Renee
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Dare Marquis is a bad boy rock stare with a body to match. Cocky. Devilish good looks. A voice that commands attention. A night with him and no strings attached is just what I need. But he makes it impossible to not want more when he runs his hand through his dark, wild hair and smiles. One he only shares with me.
    Weatherly Beck is an angel with a body made for sin. Whip-smart. Drop dead gorgeous. Too
    Obsessive Book Whore
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I mean, who doesn’t love a cocky, hotter than hot rock star and the girl that can bring him to his knees. All it took was one look for Dare and Weatherly to know they wanted each other. But they will soon figure out that one night is not enough for the passion that burns within them both.

I loved the evolution of these characters. Like with every S.L. Scott book I read, I could not put this down! From the first page to the very last, I was hooked. These characters had layers upon layers that mad
    Jolanda Gelissen
    Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: music, romance
    This book hits you like a hurricane! Dare will definitely sweep you off your feet alongside Weatherly, and I for one was happy to get swept away.

Dare Marquis grew up in the poorer part of Austin, but now in his mid-twenties is having some moderate success with his band and sharing a house with them. His best friend Lennox is also in the band, and Lennox’s mother is a surrogate mother to him after the death of his own. He is charismatic both on and off stage, and has no lack of female attention.

W
    She's a Lip Biter
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
    OMG, what a fabulous story... This book I could not put down, I read it in one sitting it was just that good. Dare and his 'Pepper' make such a gorgeous couple two people from different sides of the tracks come together and make magic. SL Scott's writing is always entertaining, she brings originality and well-rounded characters who come with varied and interesting backgrounds that keep her readers hooked until the very last page. I can't wait for the next book this se
    Paulette
    Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Do you believe in destiny? Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you believe that love conquers all? Do you believe everything happens for a reason? These and many more questions come out of this story. Are you a product of your environment? Are you who you surround yourself with? Lastly is everyone entitled to happiness and dreams?

I have to tell you from the moment I read the prologue I was hooked and 100% invested in the story of Dare and Weatherly. He is the rockstar hero you’re looking f
    Shades of Rebecca
    Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Dare is a rebel musician love story about a man who is trying to make a break into the industry and a young girl who is trying to break free from her own chains. It’s sexy, it’s romantic, it’s funny and at times even jaw-dropping!

Dare, the male protagonist of the story, is a young man with talent for singing and guitar playing. He comes from the rougher parts of the city, but he is not ashamed of his background. I really enjoyed getting inside of his head throughout the story, plus he really su
    Ann Walker
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This story grabbed my attention from the very first chapter and held it until the very end. I don't keep it a secret that Rock Star romances are my Kryptonite, and I can confidently say that Dare is up there with my favourites.

Dare and Weatherly's backgrounds couldn't have been any more different growing up, but once they met their attraction and connection to each other didn't care which postcodes/zipcodes they lived under. I admired both characters immediately. There is more to their story th
    Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
    5 Stars!

S.L. Scott has delivered an all-new emotional, intense, steamy, passionate, unputdownable, and unforgettable experience with this brand new standalone romance and oh my goodness y'all! All the feels! All the angst! All the steam! All the emotions! ALL OF IT. Scott amped up everything in this new romance with brilliant storytelling (hello rock stars!!) that left me all twisted up in so many moments throughout and yet making it all so very worth it by the last word.

No spoilers here.

Weather
    Eileen Robinson
    Shelves: 5-star-reads
    Robert (Dare) Marquis, tattooed badboy Rockstar and Weatherly (Pepper) Beck, eyes meet and hearts connect.

He's from the wrong side of the track and she's an upcoming Lawyer, money and privilege her norm. A sweet girl, who has followed her parents wishes most of her life.

She can't resist him, he see's her, for the first time in her life someone really get's her, makes her feel alive, makes her want more !

He know's she is special, he knows he wants her, but will she want him, will he ever be good
    Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
    When a SL Scott book hits my kindle I tend to release a happy sigh because I know I'm about to get hours of entertainment and enjoyment. There's something about her rockstar men that I just can't get enough of. Dare is all man, all bad boy. His charm and sinful, devilish ways is something no woman can walk away from once his sights are set. His eyes land on Weatherly, and believe you me, she's looking right back at him. She likes what she sees, as does Dare. They have an instant connection. A co ...more
    « previous 1 3 4 next »
    Always interested in the arts, S.L. Scott grew up painting, writing poetry and short stories, and wiled her days away lost in a good book and the movies.

With a degree in Journalism, she continued her love of the written word by reading American authors like Salinger and Fitzgerald. She was intrigued by their flawed characters living in picture perfect worlds, but could still debate that the world