Start by marking “Dare” as Want to Read:
Dare

Dare

Whip-smar
Paperback
Published August 15th 2019 (first published August 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Dare, please sign up.
S.L. Scott Yes. Dare is a complete standalone.

Thanks for the question!
S.
S.L. Scott Dare is a complete standalone rock star romance set in Austin. Opposites attract.

DARE - A Rock Star Hero - Synopsis

Dare Marquis is a bad boy…more

DARE - A Rock Star Hero - Synopsis

Whip-smart.
Drop dead gorgeous.
Too good for any guy from the east side.

Her life is planned out, so I don’t have a right to step in and mess up her future. But when I look into her sapphire blue eyes and taste the innocence on her lips, I know we’re meant to be more than a one-night stand.

I want her to take a chance on me, to take a chance on us. She may not be a damsel in distress, but I Dare her to let me be her Hero.
(less)

Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so smitten with this story. I’m a huge fan of S.L.Scott’s rockstar stories and Dare has become one of my favourites to date by this author. I absolutely loved it.

The heat and chemistry between these two was addicting and all-consuming. It had all the feels and it had all the heat. As their journey progressed, these two fall deeper and deeper for each other. We see different sides to each character and just when it couldn't get any more intense, there are curve balls which had me craving mor
Lynn
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dare and Weatherly are book perfection. That is what SL Scott gives readers. It gives all the feels we love in romance books. Swoon, chemistry, honesty, a little conflict, amazing resolution. I was addicted to this book and never wanted it to end!

Dare and Weatherly both has issues from the past that affect how they are. They are drawn to each other right from the tart and it all makes sense. The book is not rushed. Dare is such an incredible man that you just fall in love with him. From his rela
S.L. Scott
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
🎸LIVE 🎸LIVE 🎸LIVE 🎸
There’s a new ROCK STAR in town!

DARE - A Rock Star Hero by S.L. Scott is LIVE!!
FREE on Kindle Unlimited: https://smarturl.it/DareAm
Enter both g-i-v-e-a-w-a-y-s: https://smarturl.it/Giveaway2019

Dare: A Rock Star Hero

Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
When a SL Scott book hits my kindle I tend to release a happy sigh because I know I'm about to get hours of entertainment and enjoyment. There's something about her rockstar men that I just can't get enough of. Dare is all man, all bad boy. His charm and sinful, devilish ways is something no woman can walk away from once his sights are set. His eyes land on Weatherly, and believe you me, she's looking right back at him. She likes what she sees, as does Dare. They have an instant connection. A co ...more
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 💘 🌈 💘 🌈 💘🌈 💘 🎸 📚✨✨✨✨s❣

The first time Weatherly (Pepper) and Dare (Rob) met, filled my heart with love and tenderness and it was such a beautiful and memorable scene❣
It was destined to find each other and more than a decade later to finally begin their amazing journey.

Dare was not the usual bad-boy rock star. He was a great character inside out and contrived to steal a piece of my heart.
Weatherly had her wings clipped and was micromanaged by her family, until she met Dare and then she blos
Lynn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a major fan of tattoos, so it's a given I found the Hero attractive from the beginning.

Tattoos wrap around his exposed forearms and trickle onto the top of three of his knuckles. Getting a closer look, I notice how anger infiltrates the black ink, contradicting the grin on his face.

I'm using this gif for shits and giggles, because the dude in the gif is not as sexy as Dare. LOL.
description

I seriously imagined his knuckles brushing over my cheeks along with other things.

description

Okay, enough about the tattoo’
Anne OK
Such a cute meet/greet as children! And from there it was written in the stars -- a beautiful and lyrical story between an eastsider and a westsider. One who had it all (or so it seemed) and one who barely scraped by (but knew true friendship and family). One a lawyer in the making and the other a struggling musician. Family angst and ugly jealousy reigned supreme. A fantastic story that kept me drawn to each page with the ups and downs that confronted two young lovers.

Together through thick an
Na
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

""We're a whirlwind romance." "No, babe. We're a hurricane in the making.""

With Dare S.L. Scott created another amazing addition to her rockstar romance collection.
Its easy to love characters and the perfectly paced slow burn romance make this book just adorable.
Dare and Pepper are a perfect match and I love their dynamic and how the just feel together.

"When I'm with you, I don't need to hear the music. I feel the rhythm."

Even if I had a great time reading the book and following those c
Aaly
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

I couldn’t put it down.
Incredibly romantic and inspiring. Oh man, I did feel the love in the air, feeling the magic operating and seeing their love blossom so breathtaking, pure and it felt so real.
Everything seemed to fade away when I was reading Dare, a beautiful story about these two souls who had finally found each other, who fought together against all odds to achieve their dreams on their own terms, writing such a magnificent melody.

Just
TheSassyNerdBlog
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This isn't the first book by S.L Scott that I have had the pleasure to read, and just like many of her others, it went off with a bang.
S.L has a way with her words that'll suck you in from the very first page and Dare: A Rock Star Hero was definitely a MUST READ.

Dare Marquis is the bad boy rock star.
Sinful, Hot as hell, a man you lust over for years to come.
A voice like an angel but a look like a devil.
Those words that flow out of his mouth are ones that have women's panties dropping to the
Stacie Christensen
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Whip-smart.
Drop dead gorgeous.
Too good for any guy from the east side.

Her life is planned out, so I don’t have a right to step in and mess
Kim
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two people from different walks of life finding love? Yes, please!

Dare and Weatherly grabbed me from the first time they met until the very last page. Everything about their story was amazing! From Dare and Weatherly's first meeting to the growth of their relationship, to their trials and tribulations, and that amazing ending and prologue, I could not put this book down! Their relationship deals with so many obstacles and the twists and turns, WHOA! This story has it all! S.L. Scott has created
Anna Valsa
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: no-cheating, safe
4,5 So much tenderness. I love it!😍😍😍💞💞💞💞
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 MY DARE STARS!! Oh my goodness.....Dare is my new book boyfriend!! This book is my favorite by this amazing author!! Dare and Weatherly's story touched every part of my heart. These two are perfection and I felt like I knew them as if they are part of my family and friends. You definitely need this book in your life, so what are you waiting for.....1-Click now.
MiDouradoP
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That's a Dare you'll willingly take.

Time and time again, I'm surprised by this author work. Reading her books is so refreshing and revitalizes me every time.
For some reason, I feel that rockstar stories are overrated and overused (and I know I might be in a less number here), but when I saw Suzie Scott was writing us a rockstar, I took this Dare (cheap pun intended).

And I'm so glad I did, because, remember when I said above how rockstar romance is overrated and overused. Well, I totally forgot a
Kristen Johnson
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Dare — You are so very much worth the wait.

Full review to come

One thing I can always count on when reading S.L. Scott's Rockstars is falling in love with not only the main character, but the entire band - that hasn't changed. Dare captivated me from the first page til the last.

Dare introduces us to a new Austin Band, the Heroes, and brings us the story of Dare and Weatherly. Let me first say that I love how on point Scott always is when it comes to bringing to life band members. I don't kno
Cindy M. Green
⭐ 4.5 Pepper stars ⭐

SL Scott does it again. When I dive into one of her books I have no doubt that I'm going to fall in love...and fall in love I did with the swoony, sexy rocker Dare. He's smart, talented and pure man candy. Deep down he has a heart of gold and once he sets his sights on Pepper, his broken heart starts to mend.

Do you believe in fate?! I believe that Weatherly was meant to find Robert, aka Dare in the most unexpected of places. She's sweet and honest, her family always having a
Kristy Odom
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Dare! I found him to be all sides of man and all sides of a rock star. I loved that Weatherly stopped him in his tracks. Even though they were total opposites they just clicked. This book was romantic and sweet it had all the feels!💙
Lorie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wrong side of the tracks/struggling rockstar romance..... I absolutely loved Weatherly, and Dare is to die for.
Rebecca
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Based on the number of Rockstar romances I’ve read, I feel like I can call myself a rocker romance groupie, and frankly, I don’t see anything wrong with it because it’s not the rocker facade that always keeps me coming back to these arrogant, sexy alpha males, it’s the fact that there is so much more to these bad boys then they show on stage, and with the right woman, the guy beneath the persona is the one who rocks my world!

It’s clear just how much Weatherly Beck has missed out on due to her p
Three Chicks
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Review by Jen Skewes

Dare is a story about two people from opposite sides of town. Dare Marquis being the one from the wrong side of the tracks. He is a musician, who is living paycheck to paycheck. His band plays at a bar every week but they are still waiting for their big break.

Weatherly is the rich girl whose family has so many expectations when it comes to her life. At this point she is not in control of her life and her future. Once she finishes law school, her life has been planned
Obsessive Book Whore
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I mean, who doesn’t love a cocky, hotter than hot rock star and the girl that can bring him to his knees. All it took was one look for Dare and Weatherly to know they wanted each other. But they will soon figure out that one night is not enough for the passion that burns within them both.

I loved the evolution of these characters. Like with every S.L. Scott book I read, I could not put this down! From the first page to the very last, I was hooked. These characters had layers upon layers that mad
Paulette
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you believe in destiny? Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you believe that love conquers all? Do you believe everything happens for a reason? These and many more questions come out of this story. Are you a product of your environment? Are you who you surround yourself with? Lastly is everyone entitled to happiness and dreams?

I have to tell you from the moment I read the prologue I was hooked and 100% invested in the story of Dare and Weatherly. He is the rockstar hero you’re looking f
Ann (Literary Lust)
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story grabbed my attention from the very first chapter and held it until the very end. I don't keep it a secret that Rock Star romances are my Kryptonite, and I can confidently say that Dare is up there with my favourites.

Dare and Weatherly's backgrounds couldn't have been any more different growing up, but once they met their attraction and connection to each other didn't care which postcodes/zipcodes they lived under. I admired both characters immediately. There is more to their story th
Eileen Robinson
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Robert (Dare) Marquis, tattooed badboy Rockstar and Weatherly (Pepper) Beck, eyes meet and hearts connect.

He's from the wrong side of the track and she's an upcoming Lawyer, money and privilege her norm. A sweet girl, who has followed her parents wishes most of her life.

She can't resist him, he see's her, for the first time in her life someone really get's her, makes her feel alive, makes her want more !

He know's she is special, he knows he wants her, but will she want him, will he ever be good
Love & Lavender Book Review
Oh my freaking DARE MARQUIS!!! This book is a beefy, epic story of fate, passion and written like sheer poetry! Every word that Suzie uses is incredibly poignant. Jammed packed with ALL THE FEELS, every sentence serves a purpose to grab a hold and not let go. I was trapped for hours in this whirlwind romance that was destined from the start. I felt the connection from the get-go and it's FREAKING INTENSE!

Two characters that would have never met without the love of architecture and chance. Now,
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
*Beauty attracts the eye, but the soul captures the heart*
Sometimes you just can't help but fall for a story that captures your heart word by word. It took me some time but it was worth the rollercoaster ride. There were some things in the story that took me by surprise and didn't see coming. A rockstar love story you don't want to miss!

Weatherly is doing the best she can to pass the bar exam to finally become a lawyer but something seems to be missing. When she sees her boyfriend cheating on he
Aimee Crant-oksa
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of SL Scott’s books and especially her rocker series so I was excited when I heard about Dare. It did not disappoint. Dare will give you all the feels of friendship, love, angst and warm your heart.

Dare is a bad boy rocker, not looking for a girlfriend or a commitment. Weatherly is from the good side of town, studying to be a lawyer and trying to find her place in the world. They meet for a night or so they think. When their worlds collide, they will never be the same again. Thei
Donna
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally an utterly fell head over heels in love with this story. It's has become one of my favourites to date by this author. Now it's not your typical rockstar romance. As it's at the beginning they are just a great band with a great following in pubs and clubs. Now don't get me wrong you get all the same vibes. But with this there is a sense of not being enough.

Now Dare and Weatherly's relationship is one that is built from fate, chance and one that was written long before they began. This
Renee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Dare Marquis is a bad boy rock stare with a body to match. Cocky. Devilish good looks. A voice that commands attention. A night with him and no strings attached is just what I need. But he makes it impossible to not want more when he runs his hand through his dark, wild hair and smiles. One he only shares with me.
Weatherly Beck is an angel with a body made for sin. Whip-smart. Drop dead gorgeous. Too
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Always interested in the arts, S.L. Scott grew up painting, writing poetry and short stories, and wiled her days away lost in a good book and the movies.

With a degree in Journalism, she continued her love of the written word by reading American authors like Salinger and Fitzgerald. She was intrigued by their flawed characters living in picture perfect worlds, but could still debate that the world