Start by marking “Countdown America” as Want to Read:
Countdown America

Countdown America

After the loss of her husband, CIA agent Isabella Bendel accepts a promotion to Chief Supervisor—a much less dangerous position than what she's accustomed to—so she can raise her two children without fear of leaving her children without any parents. But any illusions of safety are shattered when, while on her Sunday morning jog in a Washington, DC park, Isabella survives a ...more
Paperback
Published February 19th 2019 by M.C. Fox

To ask other readers questions about Countdown America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown America

Start your review of Countdown America
Cath
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just an amazing read!!! If I could give it over 5*’s, I definitely would. I started reading this at 3, just to start it and had finished it by 6. I just couldn’t put it down.

The story centres on CIA agent Isabella Bendel, who lost her husband just after her twins were born. Due to the birth of her children, she had started doing more in-house work, rather than field work, and has just been promoted to Chief Supervisor in her work location in Washington DC. Her mother, an ex-CIA
Shani
I’m sitting here trying to figure out what I just read. Part of me is stunned by the twists, the emotions, and creativity. The other part of me is petrified that it’s so close to being a reality. More so than I any of us realize.

Isabella is being attacked on a personal level. She expects that the stress of the job, the scenarios she’s been placed in as well as the sheer intensity of missions she sent in on will be used to attack her in some way. However, this time it comes to a personal level
Jennifer Steenerson-Moltzen
M.C. Fox has written a masterpiece with her new novel titled Countdown America. It is a suspenseful thriller that

takes the reader into the world of cyberterrorism and espionage.

The author’s style of writing engulfs the reader into a non-stop series of events from beginning to end. This is an action-packed, fast-paced adventure with excitement and suspense at every turn.

The story takes us into the life of Isabella Bendel. Isabella is the lead female character who is strong, independent, and
Honeychile
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wild ride of a thriller that reads like a blockbuster movie script. I willingly set aside disbelief to hitch onto the coattails of Isabella Bendel, Chief Supervisor of the CIA. Do I really buy the premise that a woman could prevail over two murderous assailants in a single day? Probably not, but -- dang!-- she's a tough cookie and I got plenty of vicarious punches landed by tagging along. The book is fast-paced with nonstop action and multiple plot twists. It's a quick and entertaining read with ...more
Michelle Noble
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A CIA director is targeted by Russian terrorists. Her family is kidnapped, and it's up to the director to save her family. Spellbinding, each chapter is a cliffhangar. I read the entire book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.
Jennifer Hunt
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Widow. Mother. CIA Agent. Isabella is a complicated BUT relatable main character and I admired her from page one. Isabella is a widowed mother who's family is abducted but still manages to keep it together and focus on getting her loved ones back. The story drew me in and had me emotionally invested within the first few chapters. While there is great detail about the inner workings of the CIA, the descriptions are intriguing and not so technical that the reader is lost. Not only did the maternal ...more
Martin Pingree
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A CIA agent gets promoted to chief supervisor. Within just days she has 2 attempts on her life and her mother and kids were abducted. She has the entire CIA working to find her family. She soon finds out the Russians are involved and it’s a much more devious plot to ruin America. Great cast of characters, non stop action from beginning to end and a very compelling story line will keep you reading well into the wee hours of the morning.
John
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book by M C Fox was definitely a page turning thrill ride action adventure from the first page through the final conclusion. The activities with the main characters flowed smoothly and quickly towards the grand finale reveal by the author. The plot was interesting and riveting and attention holding as the reader attempts to solve the riddle before the author does. This is a voluntary review of an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from Hidden Gems Books.
Andi  (Booklovinmama25)
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
An action packed spy cyberterrorism book with a strong female lead? How can you go wrong with that? This book was written so well that you were immediately zoned into it and I'm so glad I read it.

Isabella Bendel is the Chief Supervisor in the CIA and is pretty much a badass. When she takes her normal jog in the morning, her intuition goes off and realizes someone's been following her. Isabella fights him off but not only does she realize someone is trying to kill her, but her family has been
Carla
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with this fast paced, intense story that will keep you on your toes from start to finish!

In this story we have a strong, independent female character, Isabella Bendel. She is the Chief Supervisor of the CIA and came into this role because of her quick thinking, gut instincts, knowledge and strength. We also learn of the death of her husband due to cancer shortly after the birth of their twins. This gives an element of fragility to an otherwise incredibly strong woman.

We dive into
Lisa
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2019
Thank you to Smith Publicity for sending me a copy of Countdown America by MC Fox for review.
Isabella is promoted to Chief Supervisor of the CIA and she hopes the new position keeps her closer to home. As a widow and now single mother to twins, she is hoping she can stay behind the desk and see her children more.
When she is attacked while jogging, she finds that isn’t the case and must fight for her life as well as save her family and find who’s behind it all.

I really liked the pace of this spy
Tony Parsons
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Washington, DC Park. CIA Agent Isabella Bendel, CIA Agent Vanessa Smith, CIA Agent Suzanne Laughlin, & CIA Agent Jason Fisher had taken out 3 assailants.
Senator Matthews was being held captive.
BOOM! An explosion knocked Jason backwards.
His hand was bloody mangled mess.

Senator Matthews (50+) wasn’t in the greatest of shape either.
His leg was poorly wrapped & probably infected.
3 hrs. later Sr. Special CIA Agent Howard Carson was glad they completed their mission.
Jason would not be
Corinne
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I was able to dedicate a couple of hours to this book, it was a fast and exciting read. The author kept things simple and kept them moving. The action was well-written. I would have appreciated a little more detail on the physical characteristics of the characters since I like to play a movie version in my head as I read books; however, the descriptions that were given were done so in a non-generic fashion...cleverly snuck into the narrative.

Some of the plot was a little predictable but
Janna
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
CIA Agent Isabella Bendal is excited when she’s promoted to Chief Supervisor, a move that means she’ll be out of the line of action and out of danger. Having already lost her husband, a desk job will ensure her 8 year old twins keep their last remaining parent. What she can’t possibly guess is that taking the promotion has put a target on her back.

After narrowly avoiding an assassination attempt on her usual run, she discovers her mother and children have been kidnapped. The race is on to find
Ella
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
What I enjoyed most about this book was how quick and easy it was to read. There were no great and vast descriptions about everything, it was to the point and had no nonsense. The plot was good and I enjoyed the intricacies of espionage and the CIA which I usually don’t like in books. I did notice that the plot/mystery had a few holes in the story and seemed a bit far fetched. It also felt very rushed, which made the read quick but the story didn’t flow. Overall, I give it three stars and would ...more
Taylor
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this in one sitting from cover to cover. I was hooked instantly. And Fox had me constantly guessing the entire time. Well written, characters have depth to them, story flowed easily. I would definitely read another Fox book. Especially if the lead, Isabella, is back in action.

**I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.**
Jean Hudson
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down! CIA and Russian moles within! Great plot! Will definitely read more from this author! Highly recommend.
Margaret
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story. Kept me at the edge of my seat. Will look for more books by this author. Loved the main character Isabella, strong, determined woman. Great role model.
Andrew
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was fun. I would recommend it for a quick action spy thriller. Very good read for when you are stuck in the Dallas airport for hours.
Lori Ann
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I know the title seems a bit contradictory. This is a fast read but I feel like the action is a bit slow at the beginning. The heroine, Isabella, does a lot of sitting around and waiting for other people to report in. This makes it easy for the double agents to play her. The first double agent is pretty obvious but I didn't foresee the second. Having this many double agents in the CIA doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me. Good thing this is fiction!

The action picks up towards the end and
Phoebe
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A single mother races against the clock to save her children against an unknown enemy who does not even ask for ransom.

CIA Chief Supervisor Isabella Bendel’s first day in her new position starts off with having to break up with her first boyfriend since her husband died six years ago since John is also her co-worker and now one of her subordinates. At the same time a computer programmer arrives on American soil with plans to destroy America. Within days, Bendel survives an attack and learns
Lamar

• Women Within
  • One Little Secret
  • Under Heaven's Shining Stars
  • The Poison Garden
  • The Zero Tolerance Game (A Frank Boff Mystery Book 6)
  • Snow in Vietnam: A Novel
  • Cold Secrets (Cold Justice, #7)
  • That's What Frenemies Are For
  • Special Access
  • Dark Paradise (A Cooper & Quinn Mystery #4.5)
  • Blackquest 40
  • De greppel
  • Everything to Lose
  • The Fifth Floor
  • Cuckoo
  • Lowcountry Boomerang (Liz Talbot Mystery #8)
  • Through The Night (Windsor #7)
M.C. Fox has long been fascinated by the world of espionage. Living right in the heart of New York City, she constantly is inspired by the sights and sounds of a large city, and how that forms the perfect environment for a fast-paced thriller. Given our currently unstable political climate, as well as the Russian hacking of the election, she knew that now was the perfect time to bring her readers ...more