Start by marking “The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)

The Vanished Specialist

(Lost Planet #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  696 ratings  ·  124 reviews
My lilapetal is dying...and I can’t save her.
The woman who brought me back to life may not live long enough to see me truly happy.
All the tests, the experiments have failed me...and I have failed her.
If I don’t devise a cure to save my alien, I’ll spend the rest of my existence on Mortuus alone.

The others believe my mate isn’t strong enough to survive. That she can’t breed
Published April 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Vanished Specialist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vanished Specialist

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I had to give this book full stars because it was so perfect in its simplicity. Maybe it's because the world building was already out of the way in the first book. Maybe it's because the characters themselves were just so easy to love. I don't really know. I'm only sure of the fact that this story had absolutely no drama, which made it an easy and pleasant and incredibly sexy read.

When Calix first saw Emery, she was laying frozen in a cryotube. He knew from the first glance that she would be his
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”You are already mine. We were written in the stars before you set foot on the planet. No matter what happens, we will do it together. In this life or the one after.”

I am officially head over heels in love with ”The Lost Planet” series! The second installment was just as amazing as the first. I was rooting for Calix and Emery to overcome their adversities and find their way to their happily ever after. Their story is filled with heart, s
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Better than book one. Still a little disjointed in places. The couple where better. Their hook up made more sense and it was her choice. We learn a little of why the women where on that cargo ship. A little drama, a little conflict, & some sexy times.

Full review to come.
Rated: 3 Stars
Jillian
The Vanished Specialist is book 2 of the Lost Planet series written by K Webster and Nicole Blanchard. This book is about Calix and Emery. We also get to see more of the characters that we met in book 1, The Forgotten Commander.

Although you could probably read this on its own, I think it adds so much more to the experience if you read book 1 first.

I absolutely loved book 1, and I think I loved this book, book 2, even more. I think Calix is my favorite of the morts (alien men) so far. This book
Mei
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
Naive, but so sweet!
Improbable, but so sweet!
Just suspend you beliefs and you'll enjoy it! :)
Lorraine Lesar
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Calix is now my hero.

2nd book of the Series and it’s definitely official that albino and not purple is now my favourite Alien colouring.
Calix
7’ ghost white skin, close cropped hair, wears glasses and has the sexy nerdy vibe going on 😁.
Emery
To everyone else, Emery is invisible and has chronic asthma. But Calix is not everyone else, he ‘sees’ her and she has become his everything. He will use all his expertise to make her better, his ‘Lilapetal’ will not wilt and die, she will flourish and bloom!
W.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or..."

... we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

And , If I had my choice of which Alien race I would like to meet and mate ;) , The Morts , the only inhabitants of Mortuus, The Lost Planet will be on top of that list. Hey, what woman would say no to a long sexy forked tongue? Not me, that is for sure! LOL

In the Vanished Specialist , 2nd book of the series , K Webster and Nicole Blanchard expand their world building and we get more
SheLove2Read
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Awww! All the feels for Calix and his "Lilapetal"!

This was loads more entertaining than book one, which I now understand why I didn't love it: Aria.

I definitely have to read Draven's story now!
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
"Whatever happens, we will do it together.
In this life or the one after."

The authors pulled me completely into the world of aliens from the Lost Planet series and after reading the first part I couldn’t wait for Calix's story! If perfect men exist, they live on the Mortuus planet. And Calix is a walking dream for every woman, only in a slightly different package.

Calix knew that Emery was his mate from the moment he saw her. He took care of her even when the girl was unconscious. Unfortunately a
Paula D
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book to this series! Calix and Emery story. Calix will do anything to fix Emery’s asthma. Emery finally feels wanted and loved but holding a secret that she’s afraid will change. Wow I love Calix he’s one sweet man that truly loves! Emery is amazing herself and such a fighter! I’m usually not into alien books but this series is one I want more and more of! I can’t wait for book 3! 5/5 stars
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
3.25 Stars
I liked the concept for this book and I was initially so excited! It had a strong beginning, but after that it just fell a bit flat. I felt like Calix and Emery’s bond was sweet and all, but it felt way too insta-lovey. I didn’t get to actually want them together as they already were. I think I would have appreciated some more relationship development instead of the plot stuff we got in this one.
Carissa
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think while this was a good installment, I think I liked the first book just a bit more. This one did go by fast, almost TOO fast, and I wonder how the next book is going to go about with Draven. I'm loving this sci-fi series.
Maggie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
This is the second book of The Lost Planet series. Although it could be read as a standalone but it would really helped if you read the first book. And trust me you won’t regret it.

This book is slightly different from the first. I love the sweetness in this book. Calix is such a gentle mort and his love for Emery almost made my heart burst. Emery is weak from her illness but strong at heart. They just complete each other. I can’t wait to read more from this series!
Amber
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Vanished Specialist is a mesmerizing and wondrous story of fighting for what you want despite what everyone else thinks you need. I found myself just as frustrated and torn apart as our hero and heroine when others kept them apart out of ignorance and assumptions. No one walks this life in our shoes, so no one can truly assume they know what we need. All they can do is make a general assumption based on their own life experience. When life takes our choices away, we can either become helples ...more
Kahea
***5 ‘You Give Me Life’ Stars***

Such a great read!

Not that I doubted that it would be since I loved The Forgotten Commander (Book #1 in the series), but this one? This one I pretty much devoured in no time flat. It was sweet, smexy and while there was drama and the angsty-ness was on the low side of the spectrum and all of that mixed together made it a read I couldn’t (well, wouldn’t) put down.

I adored Calix and Emery. Calix is sweet, compassionate and determined. He may not appear to be an
Badh
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have decided that I want to go to Mortuus and find myself a mort. I think that Nicole Blanchard and K Webster need to make it so.

Calix has been watching over Emery, his lilapetal, and is worried because she's sick and she doesn't seem to be getting better. He's going to do everything he can to make her better, including stealing her away from her quarters and taking her to his lab to do what he can to cure her.

I really like Calix. He's caring and protective, and willing to stand up to anyone
April Symes
The Vanished Specialist by K. Webster is book 2 in The Vanished Specialist Series. This is Calix and Emery's story. Theirs is a sweet and beautiful story that is full of feels and steam. I like that Calix is the one who is going to do what it takes to make Emery 100% again, no matter what. He doesn't appear to be this alpha alien male but as you read and get to know him, he will take your breath away with his sexy ways and alphaness. Emery herself is so strong; she had to overcome alot in her li ...more
Gizel Alvarez
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this REKKING Series

In the previews book some readers expressed feeling uncomfortable on certain scenes, while I dissagree since this is sci-fi and we are speaking of aliens we shouldn't expect the same behaviors of any man, this book does not hold the same stigma.

While the consequence of their mating lead to the same situations, in this story our hero and lead female have a bond the previews couple didn't share in the beginning thou by the end both are very much in love.

The adventure in b
Nina
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Vanished Specialist is the second book in The Lost Planet series. This is Calix and Emery’s story. In the first book, we’re introduced to Breccan and Aria. Breccan and Calix personalities are quite different but their need to protect the ones they love are the same. Calix goes to great lengths to save Emery. He wants to heal her in every way. Even if what he’s doing is grounds for punishment.

Gladys
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I am just loving this series and the characters that inhabit it. This is book two and you could read it as a standalone, but I do recommend reading The Forgotten Commander first. 1. Because it is a terrific book and 2 Because it will give you a deeper understanding of the overall characters, their world and the overarching story line. I will be honest, for me the bar was set impossibly high for this book because I adored Book one and Breccan and Aria so much. But, Calix an ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Vanished Specialist by K. Webster is book Two in The Vanished Specialist Series. This is the story of Calix and Emery. I have read the previous book, which I think added to my enjoyment and understanding of this one.
Calix was happy for his friends to be able to find their mates but wasn't something he was to interested in. But once he saw Emery she woke something in him that he defiantly wanted.
Loved this quick hot read.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I loved the first book that started this series and the ending of that book kind of gives you an idea on how this book was going to start. And it does start that way, so that was great and I was happy with that. But for me, it kind of went off the rails when Calix and Emery end up in a different area on the planet. Yes, we get quite a bit of action in this book, but I feel like I missed some of Calix and Emery's connection. Don't get me wrong; these two are a great couple. But with all the a
Joyce Mercês
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
description

My love for Alien Romances is unending! I'm in love with K. Webster and Nicole Blanchard's alien series!

You know when you read a book and you can totally see it as a movie? The Vanished Specialist has a ton of perfect action scenes that would look amazing on a big screen! And the love story! GAWD! Calix and Emery had to overcome so much to be together, I was rooting for them to have their HEA and when I got to that point I was smiling so so so big!

Wanna know WHY I love alien books so much? Those
Emma
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Easily better than the first book although the first part where they were stuck with the first irritating af pyscho first book couple frustrated me to no end and had me force reading but once they fucked off it was great! Again not as great as other alien romance books ive read and love but defs improved upon the first so im hoping it continues in increased likability.
Becky Ballenger
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally, I do not read sci-fi books, but K Webster could make me read and LOVE IT!!!!! I was very impressed with how quickly it had me turning pages. Kudos!!!!! I love this addition to the series!!!!
kcleigh
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic, arcs, scifi, fantasy
Fantastic author duo.
Incredible world building.
Exciting plot.
Lovable characters.
Steamy sex.
All the rekking feels!

I absolutely adore these aliens! I loved Breccan from the first Lost Planet book, but Calix completely stole my heart.

“As long as your heart beats, so will mine. And if yours ceases to beat, mine will too. Whatever happens, we will do it together. In this life or the one after.”

Mortarekking swoon.

Calix, the kind and gentle protector, is drawn to Emery. His lilapetal is sick and wi
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
It was a fun sweet story, Loved all the alien phrases and sayings.... would have liked to know how when and what how deep the attraction went it was all a bit insta for me without a good explanation but still a great read and written beautifully.
Laci
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Steamy Alien sex aside, I've really into the story. Like what are they going to discover next and I can't wait for the next book.
Kathleen R.
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gets better each time

Just when I thought the second book couldn't be any better than the first, the Vanished Specialist happens. Better than the first and totally different, it made me more than a little curious and excited to see how this author duo will manage to surpass it...
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
*e-book generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Calix knows Emery is his. Nobody else believes him. They all want to stop him from harming her, but little do they know what his real intentions are.

This is the second book in the Lost Planet series! After setting the world up in book one, this story had it way easier. It ran much smoother. There were new elements added and the stakes felt even
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Determined Hero (Lost Planet #7)
  • The Lost Planet Series: Boxed Set (The Lost Planet #1-5)
  • Share Me
  • Daddy Me
  • Choke Me
  • Hurt Me
  • Watch Me
  • Play Me
  • Bound (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6)
  • Caveman Alien’s Sword (Caveman Aliens, #9)
  • Chaos Croc (Cyborg Shifters, #6)
  • In the Arms of an Android
  • Seized (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #2)
  • Zhadra (Obosian Warriors #1)
  • Alien Bond (Alien #4)
  • Red Sands (Warlords Of Atera, #1)
  • Forbidden (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #5)
  • Axxios and Braxxus (Galaxy Gladiators #6)
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

Lost Planet (8 books)
  • The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
  • The Mad Lieutenant (Lost Planet, #3)
  • The Uncertain Scientist (Lost Planet #4)
  • The Lonely Orphan (Lost Planet #5)
  • The Rogue Captain (Lost Planet #6)
  • The Determined Hero (Lost Planet #7)
  • The Arrogant Genius (Lost Planet #8)

News & Interviews