Start by marking “Last Slice of Pie (Starving for Southern, #2)” as Want to Read:
Last Slice of Pie (Starving for Southern, #2)

Last Slice of Pie

(Starving for Southern #2)

Lexi Jarvie
Pie isn’t just a dessert, it’s a way of life.

Pies, fillings, jams, jellies, honey, they’re all a part of my award-winning business, Firefly Kitchen. After being left behind, by everyone, I was determined to make it all on my own, and I have. I love what I do, I love what I’ve created, and I love who I’ve become. Yes, it’s small, but it’s mine, and nothing or no
ebook
Published August 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Last Slice of Pie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Slice of Pie

Start your review of Last Slice of Pie (Starving for Southern, #2)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description So where do I 🅢🅣🅐🅡🅣 with this one? 👀 First, 𝓚𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓻𝔂𝓷 𝓐𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝔀𝓼 is a new "to me" author, and if you follow my 𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨𝕤 you know I love to try new authors. 🙌 Second, the ¢σνєя of this book is just so ƤƦЄƬƬƳ, and I l♥o♥v♥e me a heroine that bakes. 🍰 With all those things already ɢᴏɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ɪᴛ there was a high 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 that this book would be a 🅷🅸🆃 with me. 💕 And...it was. 👍 It came ⓋⒺⓇⓎ close to being a 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 story.

description
So onto the 𝖉𝖊𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖘...it was a 🅕🅐🅝🅣🅐🅢🅣🅘🅒🅐🅛🅛🅨 well-written book. 👍 I loved the 𝓼𝓮𝓽
Kandi Steiner
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andrews’ writing shines in Last Slice of Pie, a charming southern romance with football and food and all my favorite things. I was hooked from the first page to the last, and I can’t recommend it enough!
CourtRocks'
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-buy
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Kathryn Andrews continues to be one of the most talented authors I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Her writing is so beautiful, so consuming, and has given me some of my all-time favorite stories. When I sit down to read a book by her I know without a doubt that I am about to go on one helluva journey that will be vivid, that will be memorable, and that will sure as hell take my breath away.

Last Slice of Pie delivered all of that and more.

This story was a sweeping and utterly enthrallin
Kate R
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
A cute, second chance sports romance with sweet characters. Second book in the Starving for Southern series, all about three girls who are in the culinary business, and their relationships with football players. Still a standalone though. Past and present weaved together throughout the story. Writing was great. The recipes included were a great addition to the book. Looking forward to the next book in the series.

*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and op
Elle Brooks
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like all Kathryn Andrews novels, Last Slice of Pie is the perfect blend of great writing, realistic and well rounded characters, and an engaging plot. The story is every bit as sweet as the title suggests, and follows the lives of Lexi, a sassy baker that operates her Pie business from her idyllic but dilapidated country farm house, and Bryan, a pro football player that puts the perfect in perfectionist. From first page to last, the chain of events that cause their very different lives to intert ...more
Renee Entress
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sports, read-2020
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
The Sweetness of Life (Starving for Southern #1)

This is Lexi and Bryan’s story. Lexi has loved Bryan forever, but he broke her heart years ago and he never even knew it. Bryan has loved Lexi for a long time but wanted his life to be perfect before he came for her. With his life finally where he wants it, he takes a chance to be with he
Crystal
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lexi loves her life, her business is taking off and she’s got a great group of friends, but the man she’s always loved hasn’t been home for 10 years. You see, she fell in love with him at the age of 10, and when he left for college, he took her heart with him.
Bryan’s always loved Lexi, but his home life was not conducive to learning how to love. His mother was killed by a drunk driver when he was 10 and his stepfather was stuck raising him because he had no other family. His stepfather wasn’t p
Alison
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Sweet, Delicious, Heart Warming Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

It’s been ten years since Lexi last saw Bryan, ten years of following his career and longing for what could have been. Now Bryan is back, and he’s ready to get his girl, however, is Lexi ready to give him a chance.

Kathryn Andrews has written a beautiful, heartfelt, sweet romance that took my breath away. This story isn’t too fast paced or to slow, it’s perfect; from start to finish I was sucked into Lex
2OCC Reviews
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: marie
I love the premise of the Last Slice of Pie (Starving for Southern #2) and Kathryn Andrews is a new to me author so I was really ready to dig into this story and love it. However, as great as the writing was and the storyline was wonderful, too much inter-dialogue made this a book that I was skimming over quite a bit.

I had mixed feelings about the characters in this book. Lexi came across as an intelligent business woman with a strong sense of home. But when it came to life and particularly, Bry
Mayas
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, where the heck do I begin... How about the middle. Kathryn made me cry at the oddest part. When you read the story you may think you know when but I can guarantee you it was NOT then. Bryan oh my Bryan... you grabbed my heart and never released it. I felt Lexi pain because, I am yours as well.

Gutted from beginning to end. The hero won this story for me, HANDS DOWN. For some odd reason Kathryn's writing always does that to me. I am normally a "girl power" reader but whenever I read her boo
Beyond The Covers Blog
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: melissa
This novel is the second novel in the Starving for Southern series. Do not fear however you do not need to read the first one to enjoy this one. It is writen as a stand alone. I stumbled onto this novel thinking it was a stand alone. I did not know it was a series till half way though.
This is a second chance novel , where you follow Lexi and Bryan and their journey back to one another. After being left by Bryan in high school , Lexi is determined to make it on her own. Ten years later, Bryan wh
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kathryn Andrews's book Last Slice of pie is the first book by her that I have read. I loved reading Lexi and Bryan’s second chance love story. I also loved the recipe links at the end of each chapter, I found they helped connect you to the story and the characters. I look forward to reading more by this author. ~Dawn

Lexi has love Bryan forever, and little does she know Bryan felt the same but he always had something holding him back. But finally Bryan "mans up" and becomes everything to Lexi. Th
United Indie Book Blog
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love some sweet romance and Last Slice of Pie did not disappoint. Lexi is sweet, understanding and just great. Bryan is focused on becoming better. They both have waited so long to be with each other and finally when it happens it’s fireworks. I love seeing old friends pop up and the recipes! I’m excited for the next in the series! If you love romance pick up this book!

Review by Raychel
Erin Dennis
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books leaves you believing in true love again, AND hungry for pie! Bryan and Lexi's story is as sweet as the recipes Kathryn has linked in the Kindle book. I didn't want to put it down! One of my favorite couples of the year!
Shierly
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cried buckets over this book! Bryan and Lexie, I love their love story, its heartwarming, heartbreaking, its happily ever after! ❤️
Lindsey Kramer
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a sweet, swoonworthy treat. I was absolutely hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for the next book. Kathryn Andrews is an amazing storyteller.
2kasmom
This is book #2, in the Starving For Southern series. This story can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Lexi is making her way as a small business owner in her small town. She is gaining notoriety for the pies, even though she has always been known for them locally. She has been in love with Bryan all her life, but he does not seem to know she exists anymore. He has not been home in a decade.

Bryan is trying t
Fany
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Ginelle Blanch
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sweet, sexy, sad, AND uplifting!

Lexi and Bryan grew up together. She with a family and love, he with a stepdad that didn't want him. But, James and Lexi and Gigi would become the family Bryan didn't have...problem being, he never felt worthy. Que leaving early for college without a word and never looking back for ten years.

These two are both strong as well as independent and yet, both are very vulnerable. Both alone in their own way. Together they are strong but, Bryan's own self doubt may ju
Carolynn Brill
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best one yet

Getting to see the whole story of sweet Lexi & her guy, Bryan was a delight! I felt so many emotions as I read of their childhood friendship and how their lives connected was an interesting journey. My heart broke over some of the earliest memories, but even as they moved forward with their adult careers, the melancholy feelings were sometimes hard to shake. So well written! A tightly-woven story of first loves...I’m a sucker for them! Also, again, loved the recipes!!
Kathy
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author

Another great book! I can’t say enough about this author. Every book has a real life story that I can’t put down.
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lexi & Bryan were best friends since they were 10 years old, in fact, they were the tripod with her brother as the third. As Lexi got older, she caught feelings for Bryan, but when he went off to college, he left without even saying goodbye. Hell, he never said a word to her fro many years after. She followed his NFL career, only wanting the best for him, while I wanted to hurt him for being such a douche to her. See, I felt like there was no excuse for him to completely blow her off, as they we ...more
Katie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly, my biggest problem with books like this one is… YOU ARE HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! The descriptions of the pies (and other food) are mouth watering and I really don’t think it’s fair that we have to endure that… wouldn’t be amazing if there was an app that delivered all the food that was in a particular book and then you could experience it all!!! I think I’m onto something!!!

Another one of my fav tropes is ‘Second-Chance’ – I do resent that the characters have wasted so much time, but I lov
Kelly
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Southern Love + Football = The Perfect Pairing

Oh my stars - this book gave me that warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. I fell in love with the story, the writing and the characters in the first chapter. And the recipes!! - My mouth was watering the whole time reading. I wanted to pull my apron out, slap some flour on the counter and make myself a homemade pie! And not to be outdone - I was also drooling for the sexy quarterback hero Bryan Brennan.

Lexi and Bryan’s is story of young, unrequite
EducatedBookFreak
When you fall in love with everything in a book, you know it’s an amazing book!! This book makes you fall in love with every word. The author has included a few of my favorite things: food, football and family. The way she incorporates all of this creates such emotion, and longing. I loved her characters and immediately fell for the quarterback. He’s one hunky guy!

This book gave me some recipe ideas and made me want to go back the recipes in the book. This part was an amazing addition and compl
Laura Cirne
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first Kathryn Andrews book and I can say without a doubt that I loved it. The story is delicious, warm and left me wishing for a pie throughout the chapters.
I have to admit I had conflicting feelings about both characters. I loved Lexi and how much she is in love with what she does, but when it comes to Bryan I felt that I lacked a little self-esteem and that frustrated me.
Bryan in turn is amazing and the fact that he has been in love with her for so many years is so sweet. Still I
Sharon Jones
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog
I am not usually a fan of sweet romances, but I really, really enjoyed last Slice of Pie. Even though it was missing that certain part of romances that I love to read, I think it was the writing style of Kathryn Andrews that would have outshone anything else.
I love a good second chance at love story, add in that Bryan is a football player and I knew before reading the very first word that I would love the storyline.
Now Lexi is a woman after my
Brandy Roberts
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Last Slice of pie it would be the second book that I've read by the author and I'm excited to read more . This is part of the Starving for southern but it can be read as a standalone I wasn't lost at all but I do plan to read book one of the series . I really liked the fact that we got the story through book hero and heroine point of view really got to see were each head was at . Lexi was so supper sassy loved her spunk and how she was sweet to the ones she held dear to her heart . At fi ...more

• The Sweetness of Life (Starving for Southern, #1)
  • Chasing Clouds
  • Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1)
  • Starless Nights (Hale Brothers, #2)
  • Unforgettable Sun (Hale Brothers, #3)
  • Blue Horizons
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • Best of Me
  • Truths and Roses (Second Chance, #1)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Fool Me Once (Bright Young Things, #1)
  • Guts & Glory: Ryder (In the Shadows Security, #2)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • The Dugout
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
Kathryn Andrews is a #1 Inspirational Romance Bestselling Author who loves stories that end with a happily ever after. She started writing at age seven and never stopped. Kathryn is known for Chasing Clouds, the Starving for Southern series, and her much loved Hale Brothers series. Her stories are sweet, southern, and fall into the genres of chi-lit, contemporary romance, sports romance, and south ...more

Starving for Southern (3 books)
  • The Sweetness of Life (Starving for Southern, #1)
  • Lessons in Lemonade (Starving for Southern, #3)

News & Interviews