Start by marking “Ready for Whatever” as Want to Read:
Ready for Whatever

Ready for Whatever

"Look on the bright side, Millie. At least you don't have cancer."

Testing positive for the BRCA gene only means one thing: Millie Dwyer is almost certain to develop cancer at a young age. After losing her grandmother and mother to the dreaded disease, Millie's always feared a similar fate. But now the twenty-nine-year-old has technological advancements on
ebook
Published April 18th 2019 by Kathryn R. Biel

To ask other readers questions about Ready for Whatever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready for Whatever

Start your review of Ready for Whatever
Julie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: assigned, 2019
Assigned- Even if you don't enjoy women's fiction or contemporary romance- this book is one everyone should read. Realistic, but not heavy or depressing. Humor and laughter are the best medicine and the lovely romance is as inspirational as Millie!!

Cheers to all the previvors and survivors out there!!

5 stars
InD'tale Magazine
Overall, the author has done an amazing job of approaching uncomfortable topics with grace and respect while still giving readers a sweet, sigh-worthy romance!

Read full review in the 2019 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Beverly Diehl
4.5 stars Millie is a charming, funny schoolteacher with "you'll probably die young of cancer, like your mom and grandmother," coded into her genes. It changes a LOT of how you look at life, and the decisions you make. Because you KNOW you'll die young, you might settle for crappy boyfriends, or make other life-changing decisions, some good, some not so good.

Ask me how I know (I'm a breast cancer orphan, AND a breast cancer sur-thriver). I'm also acquainted with the author via social
Grace
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finished reading this book a few days ago and it has stayed with me. I have been mulling over what Millie Dwyer went through since - as a young girl losing her mother to breast cancer, knowing her grandmother died of ovarian cancer, and then realizing that she too would suffer the same fate. How does a young woman come to terms with that? And then her death sentence was commuted after her genetic test came back positive that she had the BRCA gene and she elected to have a mastectomy and hyster ...more
Susan Rys
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoy Kathryn Biel’s other books. The main character, Millie, faced serious situation with a mix of realism and humor. I couldn’t wait for what she would say or do next. The other reason for a rare 5 star review was that this book made me think...about how would I react if this happened to me and how somewhat innocuous conversations with someone in Millie’s shoes are heard.
Amy
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She gets it!

Kathryn Biel gets all of the emotions & turmoil & insanity that comes with a BRCA mutation diagnosis. While my journey included a cancer diagnosis first, I found myself nodding my head & mentally shouting "Yes! Exactly!" as I read! This is also a sweet romance. Read it for the romance! And, if you know someone going through a medical diagnosis, read it to help understand what might be going on in their head.
Amanda
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. Not only is the storyline so good but I learned a lot as well!

Love Millie and her resilience!
Heather Novak
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read

Biel does it again with humor, tears, and swoons. Well researched, great characters, a laugh-out-loud and heartbreaking journey.

If you’re looking for a book to dive into so deep you forget to eat dinner, look no more!
Jessica
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Millie is pretty sure she has the gene mutation that greatly increases her chance of breast or ovarian cancer, so when she gets the test results she is not shocked, but it is an extremely unpleasant wake-up call. The thing she has been dreading for most of her life is true, and now it is very real. “Ready for Whatever” is the story of Millie’s recovery from the surgeries she chooses to have to save her life, with a focus on her personal and romantic life after surgery, with not too much medical ...more
Sheri Bradshaw
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a powerful story

This book was so informative and I laughed and I cried. You did an amazing job explaining everything about BRCA and all the emotions that Millie went through. Thank you.
Kim (readwithkimmy)
Thank you NetGalley for a free copy in exchange for my review.

I am so glad I had the opportunity to read this book, it is clear Kathryn Biel is experienced in the health field and did her research for the writing of this book. While a romantic comedy at times, Kathryn wove in the importance of women's health and the lengths one will go to live because of genetic predispositions.

At times this story had be chuckling, Biel certainly knows how to add some humor and wit to a story that is also emot
Chris
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough about this wonderful book. I laughed, i cried. Seriously, i totally peed my pants laughing and cried my eyes out. Whoda thunk a book about the breast cancer gene could be so entertaining, educational, and heart warming. Thank you for writing this book and educating us. I'm scheduling a mammogram right now.
Carla Cavanagh
Barbara McNally
Jun 10, 2019
Dena
Aug 08, 2019
Telling stories of resilient women, Kathryn R. Biel hails from Upstate New York where her most important role is being mom and wife to an incredibly understanding family who don't mind fetching coffee and living in a dusty house. In addition to being Chief Home Officer and Director of Child Development of the Biel household, she works as a school-based physical therapist. She attended Boston Unive ...more