Start by marking “Make Him Howl (Shift #3)” as Want to Read:
Make Him Howl (Shift #3)

Make Him Howl

(Shift #3)

Funny how a wolf can survive after losing half his soul. Twice.

Gabriel is living in a nightmare. His sloppy mistake allowed rogue shifters to kidnap Parker, his best friend and partner. Unwilling to rest and plagued with memories of his twin brother who’d died in his arms, he pushes himself to the limits of endurance in his hunt to retrieve Parker.

Until the day she saves h
Published April 4th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Make Him Howl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Him Howl

Start your review of Make Him Howl (Shift #3)
Jolie Vines
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifters
Oh how I adore a tale of unrequited love. Ashwood broke my heart in this book, but I forgive her as she more than made up for it. Earlier in this series, we got to know a little about Gabriel and Parker. He, at surface level, is an easy-going player, but we know he suffered a tragedy relating to his brother. She is a no-nonsense, honourable, shifter agent.
They are partners.
She's long had feelings for him that he has no idea about.
This action-packed novel starts where the last book left off, with
Anne - Books of My Heart
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 7arcs, newrelease, 2019
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The paranormal romances in the Shift series , are fairly tightly connected so you will do better to read them in order to better understand the world, and know the characters.  At the end of Truth or Bear, Parker has been kidnapped, definitely in trouble.  Make Him Howl starts right there as the teams hunt for her.

The un
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was fast paced and flowed nicely. The turn of events were done beautifully and the ending was terrific!

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Raquel
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recently received Make Him Howl - the 3rd book in the Shift series from Zoe Ashwood. I was excited to dive back into this world as I've been a fan of the series since Ashwood's first book - Trust the Wolf and her 2nd - Truth or Bear! Once again, she did not disappoint!
Due to the nature of the plot you should read at least the 2nd book - Truth or Bear before you devour Make Him Howl. The story will make more sense and you will have a better understanding of who the characters are!

So much like
Sian’s Reading Adventure
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Make Him Howl by Zoe Ashwood
Shift #3

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Make Him Howl, and of that I’m very grateful.
Release Date; 04/04/19!

Make him Howl is the third book that Zoe has released, and my gosh she keeps getting better and better! This book is fast paced but still includes all the little details that help build the book. Zoe balances the mixture of action, suspense, conflict and romance so well in this book it’s perfect.

Parker is one strong independent heroine, and despite what
Tracey
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really good shifter romance.💞🐺🐻💖💞

Gabriel has spent the last month searching for his partner, Parker, and exhausting himself in the process. He's afraid that they've hit a brick wall in finding her when he gets a phone call from her pleading for a ride home. He drops everything and takes off after her on his motorcycle, only to find her stuck in her fox form, exhausted and shivering. Doing the only thing he can do, he wraps her in one of his sweatshirts and zips her to him under his jacket to g
Diane
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE BOOK
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "MAKE HIM HOWL" OMG!!!! This is a must have book you'll want to have this series is extremely well written it's full of intense drama, intrigue, suspense, danger, abuse, kidnapping, secrets, heartache, passion.
Parker Bourne is a Shade who works for SANA and has been kidnapped by Reid Maxwell he's from the Guard put in a cage use to fight other shifters to the death and their kept in discusting condition.
Gabriel West feels guilty because he blames himself for his
Maraia
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another solid edition to the Shift series! This one has a deliciously slow-burn romance, which I always enjoy. The tension is high, and the emotions Parker struggles with as she sees her unrequited love day after day feel painfully real. Parker also suffers from PTSD and anxiety, which is a nice addition to the paranormal romance genre and will resonate with many readers. One of my favorite things is getting to see couples from previous books in sequels, and Zoe Ashwood definitely delivers. All ...more
Melonie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I am a Beta reader for this book. This is the third book in the Shift Series by Zoe Ashwood. I loved it from the first page. The characters are so likeable and well developed. This Gabriel and Parker's story. Gabriel is struggling with letting anyone in as he is still devestated by the loss of his brother. Parker is broken and hurting from what she went thru in captivity from the Guard. It picks up where the last book left off so I recommend reading in order. The story keeps the pages turning!!! ...more
Whitney Goyette
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author. I love this series, this is the third book and I enjoyed every page! I really enjoy good characters as much as a good book, and these characters are amazing. I've read each of these books within days of getting them, I can't put them down. When I HAVE to - because you know, life, I can't wait get back to them. These are beautifully written romance novels, with some steam, and a wonderful story backing them up. I love the strong female ...more
Julie Jackson
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Gabriel and Parker are partners. She gets kidnapped but escapes. Gabriel blames himself but he knows there is another reason. Parker is in love with him but he won’t see reason. She tries to back off and leave him be but she can’t. These two make for one exceptional read. Excellent writing.
Adrienne McFarlane
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this 3rd book of the series, it keeps getting better and better. The story line has continued from the previous books and I found myself more engaged because of it. The author didn’t shy away from the emotional damage that Parker suffered. She didn’t offer a quick fix, instead the plot was enhanced by both Parker’s and Gabriel’s angst. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Jennifer Wertz
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! Another amazing book by Zoe Ashwood! The characters are fantastic. Their love story is so wonderful to follow. Their strength despite their many conflicts makes them so interesting and perfect for each other. The book is well written and detailed. There is a great balance of action packed suspense, conflict, romance and steamy love scenes. The ending was perfect and I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I highly recommend this series!
Estelle Verster
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved this book. It is well written with an excellent plot that keeps your interest right up to the end. I got this from the author as an ARC. Another fantastic book from her. A book with a HEA that left me feeling content and with a sense of well being.
Courtney Turner
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I glad we didn’t have to wait for Parker and Gabriel’s story. Even though it was definitely one of the more tragic stories to be told it was one of the best. Gabe and Parker have been partners for years. And when she is kidnapped he will do anything to get her back. But when she finally returns she’s not the Parker he once knew.

Parker has let the time she spend kidnapped change her life, and now she is lost and doesn’t know what to do.

Gabriel and Parker will have to fight for th
Kel
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pub-indie
Still overall enjoying this series! Parker was a great character, and I really liked how this book handled plot, pacing, emotions, etc. in the first half. Also, Claire's political plans here addressed a big issue I had with the last book. A little late, but better late than never. I had a couple quibbles with Make Him Howl, particularly on the back half, but would still recommend picking up the series for fans of shifter romances.

The following quibbles are spoilery (hence the tag) and more for m
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in this series! Her books just keep getting better and better and I don’t want this series to end. This book is packed with so much action and intrigue it kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. Slow burn romances are my favorite and this book has that in spades. I have been waiting for Gabriel and Parker’s story and the author doesn’t disappoint. They are partners and Parker gets taken and Gabriel blames himself. When she finally escapes she calls Gabriel beca ...more
Debbie Caswell
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this series ad though it can be read as a stand alone it would be far better to read the entire series in order as there is an underlying story throughout

We have already met Parker and Gabriel in the previous stories We know that Gabriel has suffered the loss of his brother and consequently he keeps every one away and locks himself behind a wall. When his partner Parker is captured and forced to fight in the shifter cages he will do whatever it takes to save her. Is thi
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is about Parker and Gabriel.
They are partners but she is taken and made to fight but she escapes and calls him. But things are not the same when they see each other again.
Parker finally talks Gabe that she care for him as more than partners and then when he acts like himself she runs  and now that he finally realizes that he feels the same will she came back to him or has he pushed her away for the last time?
This book shows even paranormal men are not all there in the brain and feelings de
Christine Woinich
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Third in the series which I have been enjoying. Gabriel struggled with his feelings for Parker through most of the story. A couple times I just wanted to smack him in the head. Parker went through some horrific experiences, and she worried no one would want her any more. Their chemistry was explosive and overcame all doubts and obstacles. As the main story continues, I hope to see more of this couple. I recommend this story, and I look forward to the next installment.

I received a copy of this st
Erin Figueiredo
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great story from this author. Her books just keep getting better and better as the series progresses. This story was definitely a slow burn romance but it was packed with so much action, suspense and intrigue you forget about the fact that you want the two main characters to just do it already!!!

Great Story - Great Characters - Fantastic Writing. I can't wait for the next book.

Highly recommend.
Tammy Cody
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first two books in this series I was super excited about this one! Gabriel and Parker’s story is your classic “unintentional friend zone” with Gabriel being just completely blind at the beginning. I loved the action thrown in and it really worked well with the romance. Can’t waif for the next book!!
Kate
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-shifters
I've really enjoyed this series and am super excited for the next one! That said, Parker and Gabriel weren't my favorite couple from the bunch throughout most of the book. Just lots of pent up emotions and thoughts and a long road to being together. A couple of times, I just wanted to shake Gabriel and yell at him that what he is describing is love.
Spunky N Sassy
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Jenny Prose
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars
I was not a fan of this story. In fact I couldn’t get into it and just didn’t care about what happened to the characters that I stopped reading at 86% after forcing myself to get to this point.
Marianne
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! This is a wonderful paranormal romance. It has steam with sweetness. Emotion, danger and suspense.. I voluntarily received this book for an honest review.
Erin Knuth
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this settles it. This is my favorite shifter series. A clearly articulated and believable fantasy world, characters we connect to emotionally, dashes of intrigue, STEAMY romance, and a quick pace make this series completely addicting. I hope more stories are in the works! Consider me a One-Click for all your work, Ms. Ashwood!
Adele
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: I received an Advanced Reader Copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way impacted my review.**

Trigger/Content Warnings: Kidnapping, Fighting Ring, Blood.

When I learned about Gabriel and Parker in the last novel, I knew that there was going to be a novel on this pair. I am very pleased to know that Make Him Howl is that book.

Make Him Howl is one hell of a romance story. I literally couldn’t put it down.

There are two points of view within Make Him Howl. Th
Proud Book Reviews
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading Bearly Married, Trust the Wolf and Truth or Bear I was used to a certain level of excitement, drama and romance all blending together to form a captivating story. Even though Zoe’s quality of writing was still up there with the other books, I felt it was written a bit differently.

Since we’re following on from the end of Truth or Bear our lovers are separated thanks to Parker being kidnapped. Even though we’re a month on from where we left off, Gabriel hasn’t managed to find any pro
Suky
Jun 17, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please replace cover 3 11 Mar 22, 2019 02:44PM

• Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Give Me a Dream (Billionaires Abroad, #0.5)
  • Seeking the Fae (Daughter of Light #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Real Men Howl (Real Men Shift, #1)
  • Love Most, Say Least (Marry the Scot, #2)
  • Expectant Moon (Gladstone Shifters, #1)
  • Poetry in Potion (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Witch is How Life Changed Forever (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #36)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Ghoul's Paradise (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #7)
  • Witch is How To Lose Big (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #35)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Three And A Half (Fallen Academy #3.5)
  • To Love a Witch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Book 16)
  • The Artful Apprentice (Schooled in Magic, #19)
  • Witch Is How To Fool Cats (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #34)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
Zoe Ashwood is a romance writer with a passion for suspenseful stories with a sexy twist. She's in love with the art of making up stories - and making her characters fall in love.

For news about book releases and exclusive freebies and giveaways, join her newsletter !

You can also find her on: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest.

Shift (4 books)
  • Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1)
  • Truth or Bear (Shift, #2)
  • Only Human (Shift #4)