Start by marking “The Places I've Cried in Public” as Want to Read:
The Places I've Cried in Public

The Places I've Cried in Public

Amelie loved Reese. And she thought he loved her. But she’s starting to realise love isn’t supposed to hurt like this. So now she’s retracing their story and untangling what happened by revisiting all the places he made her cry.

Because if she works out what went wrong, perhaps she can finally learn to get over him.
Expected publication: October 3rd 2019 by Usborne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Places I've Cried in Public, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Places I've Cried in Public

Hilly
Mar 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
I managed to grab an arc of this book at the London Book Fair. I can’t wait to read it ☺ ...more
Abigail
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This is a book that follows Amelie, a sixteen year old who moves Down South from Sheffield, leaving behind friends, a boyfriend, and sixth form for an unknown town somewhere insignificantly near London. She's musical. She's self-deprecating. She wears granny cardigans and vintage dresses. She likes her parents. What happens (or more specifically who happens) after she joins a new college makes up the rest of the book.

Amelie's first person narrative has a very strong voice, and as frustrating as
Chloe
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was truly incredible. It told a really brave and honest story, that I’m so so glad is being told in YA! If you wanna cry, want a book that will really make your feel something, pick this book up.
Ashley
Jul 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
500 Days of Summer vibes from description?

Why do I purposely break my own heart?
Ruth Brookes
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Told with compassion & empathy this is an tough examination of a toxic relationship, the abuse suffered and called love. Raw, uncomfortable but important. Older teen.
Rebecca Choudhury
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no real words yet for just how good this book is. I need time to think about all the different things this made me feel. One thing I will say though is 5 stars isn't nearly enough!!!
Martha
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't even begin to describe how important this book is!

Holly Bourne has never been afraid of covering difficult topics and showing the deep realities of life, and The Places I've Cried In Public is no different.
Amelie's story of her relationship with Reese is so honest and genuine that you will wish that you could find and hold her. But what I loved was that the book so cleverly showed how the effects of the relationship affected so many different parts of her life-not just the romantic aspec
Lesley Hart
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holly Bourne's The Places I've Cried in Public, took me back to my early teenage years in a way that was almost visceral. A time when teenagers were learning the power of words to manipulate and persuade without any thought for the consequences. Amelie's story draws you in with small hints of what is to come, much as her manipulator drew in his victim.

The story is written in first-person POV from Amelie's perspective. Amelie is a sixth form student whose vulnerability is heightened because she
Lauren
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a matter of days. I was gripped by wanting to know what happened next. I managed to get this book at LBF 2019 and have Holly sign it and the cover reveal! I haven’t read another title by Holly but after reading this one I might have to pick up some of her previous titles. I think this book did a fantastic job of showing the reality of some relationships that a lot of people don’t talk about. My heart broke for Amelie multiple times and at some points I just wanted to grab her ...more
Steph
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can’t beat a Holly Bourne book to kick you in the shins, give you a hug, punch you in the face then come out with a jubilant win. Amelie’s story is one that will resonate with so many people - I’ve been there, not to Amelie’s extent but I’ve been there. I cried, I laughed, I shouted and I wanted to shake her.
Maryanne Naidoo
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely honest account of what a toxic relationship feels like... This book is going to "hit home" for a lot of girls and give them the courage to walk away. Beautifully written Holly, i devoured this from start to finish.
Amy
Amy Wearmouth
Masa ✨
Léti
Feb 14, 2019
Holly started her writing career as a news journalist, where she was nominated for Best Print Journalist of the Year. She then spent six years working as an editor, a relationship advisor, and general ‘agony aunt’ for a youth charity – helping young people with their relationships and mental health.

Inspired by what she saw, she started writing teen fiction, including the best-selling, award-winni