Start by marking “Corrie ten Boom (Heroes of the Faith)” as Want to Read:
Corrie ten Boom (Heroes of the Faith)

Corrie ten Boom (Heroes of the Faith)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  700 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
For challenge and encouragement in your Christian life, read the life stories of the Heroes of the Faith. The novelized biographies of this series are inspiring and easy-to-read, ideal for Christians of any age or background. In Corrie ten Boom, you’ll get to know the Dutch watchmaker whose powerful Christian faith led her to protect Jews during World War II—and carried he ...more
Published July 1st 2004 by Barbour Publishing (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Corrie ten Boom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corrie ten Boom

Ebookwormy1
There are many reasons I have admired Corrie Ten Boom since I was a young girl first reading her story, and Sam Wellman captures most of them. The only thing better is reading the primary sources (Corrie's books) themselves.

Reasons I was reminded I love Corrie Ten Boom:

1) The wonderful people in her family. Opa, Betsy, Willem, Nollie, Mama, and all the Aunts each work out their faith in practical ways.

2) Corrie, as the youngest, was usually the last to 'get it,' and I relate to that slowness. He
Victoria Minks
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Corrie Ten Boom is one of my heroines. While I think she tells her own story far better than anyone else could, I valued this book highly as a young teen as it gives more background on her, shares her life before the war, etc. It was always inspirational to me.
Esmerald City
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was a 9 or 10 year old Little girl, now I've forgot some details, but the things I can remember make me want to read it again, it's just that I have another books without read, you know?
It tells the history of the life of the Little Corrie, the daugther of a watchmaker, we can read when she's going thru hard times, and the mercy hands of God help her, and her family, I love it.
Azaniah Ilyas
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
corrie ten boom is a very inspiring woman.we all should try to have a strong faith like her.
Emma Filbrun
I first read The Hiding Place many years ago, and have been intrigued by the life of Corrie ten Boom ever since. Corrie ten Boom: World War II Heroine gives us a fuller picture of the life of this great woman of God, showing us her early years as well as the later years of her life.

Read my full review here.

Rachel
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an amazing life this woman led. Tremendous courage and strength, all through Christ as her strength. It was really challenging to read about the very human everyday difficulties of her youth and then those of being in the Dutch underground, the prison and Ravensbruck. Her steadfastness in faith is an inspiration.
Karen
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read "The Hiding Place" a few times, but not this version of Corrie Ten Boom's life. It was very similar, and yet written for a bit younger audience. I'll be on the look out for more books about this amazing woman.
Tigerlily
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It helped me to make parallels with history and Corrie's story. At times I couldn't put it down. It encourages me to have faith in God and trust Him no matter what! I would definitely encourage the reading of this book. (:
Megan Ivy
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wwii
The story is incredible! I have to take off a star because of the writing. It is written for a very young audience, but even with that consideration it felt clumsy most of the way through. I am inspired to read A Hiding Place though, so for a biography the author did his job :-)
Liz
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I absolutely love the story of Corrie's life, and read The Hiding Place a few years ago. Was nice to read a biography. The 3 is because the actual writing of the book is average to poor, but it does give an ok overall look at her life, emphasizing her time in prison/concentration camps.
Ellie
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the story was interesting, it seemed like it could have been fleshed out more.
Theresa
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
It was pretty good:)
Mary
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good introduction to a Dutch resistance fighter who lived her life in God. Having read this I will now look for works she herself wrote.
Lauren
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Everyone should read a biography about Corrie Ten Boom. It's an amazing story.
Amber Sage
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing woman , amazing God.
Ashley
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a short tory of how corrie ten boom lived a life to help others find God.
Laura C. Robb
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoirs
A great story of a Holocaust survivor and one who continued to serve God her whole life!
Kaila Bowlin
The book itself gets 3 stars, but the story gets 5. Corrie ten Boom lived such an unbelievably inspiring life. The writing in this particular book didn't quite do the story justice.
Kristy Alana
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this book breathtaking and full of heart ships. I was overwhelmed when i read this book and can't really figure out if I hated it or loved it. Whatever this book is, it has a soul.
Happy
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring biography on how simple faith can carry anyone through diffucult circumstances. I enjoyed reading about this lady.
Corene
Jun 14, 2013 added it
I read this book when I was young. It still impacts me to this day
Bettie Gross
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, mainly because it drew me close to Miss ten Boom once again. I met her at a Winsome Women Retreat.
Marietjie
Inna Orchard
Jun 02, 2017
Melissa
Jan 05, 2017
  • Fanny Crosby (1820-1915): The Hymn Writer (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Jim Elliot (1927-1956) (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Corrie Ten Boom's Prison Letters
  • The Five Silent Years of Corrie ten Boom
  • Hero Tales
  • High Calling: The Courageous Life and Faith of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband
  • Watchman Nee: Man of Suffering (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Tortured for His Faith
  • Holy Bible: NIV Teen Study Bible, Revised (New International Version)
  • William Carey: Obliged to Go
  • Stories of the Pilgrims
  • Welcome to Addy's World · 1864: Growing Up During America's Civil War (American Girls Collection)
  • Sabbatical Journey: The Diary of His Final Year
  • A Step Further: growing closer to God through hurt and hardship
  • The Road to Unafraid: How the Army's Top Ranger Faced Fear and Found Courage through Black Hawk Down and Beyond
  • A Place To Hide: True Stories Of Holocaust Rescues
  • Just as I Am
Sam Wellman, PhD, is a writer of numerous biographies. He has traveled to Germany many times and twice stayed for several months (in Berlin and Wittenberg). He blogs and tweets on Martin Luther and Frederick the Wise. He lives near Wichita, Kansas.
More about Sam Wellman...

Heroes of the Faith (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Heroes of the Faith: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  • Jim Elliot (1927-1956) (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892) (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Samuel Morris: The Apostle of Simple Faith (Heroes of the Faith)
  • David Livingstone: The Pathfinder
  • Corrie Ten Boom: Faith Triumphs (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Heroes of the Faith
  • Beloved Heroes Of The Faith (Heroes Of The Faith Series)
  • Heroes of the Faith
  • C. S. Lewis: Writer and Scholar (Heroes of the Faith)