Start by marking “Immortal Hulk Vol. 2: The Green Door (Immortal Hulk (2018-))” as Want to Read:
Immortal Hulk Vol. 2: The Green Door (Immortal Hulk (2018-))

Immortal Hulk Vol. 2: The Green Door (Immortal Hulk

(Immortal Hulk #2)

Collects Immortal Hulk #6-10.

Bruce Banner is alive and on the loose — and now the entire world knows it. Soon the Hulk finds himself hunted once again — this time by the government, Alpha Flight, the mysterious Shadow Base...and the Avengers! Someone’s going to find him first, but which option is least bad? It might not matter, because Bruce has bigger problems
Published February 13th 2019 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Hulk Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Hulk Vol. 2

Start your review of Immortal Hulk Vol. 2: The Green Door (Immortal Hulk (2018-))
Anne
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm happy to say that the 2nd volume of Immortal Hulk is just as good (maybe better?) than the 1st!

description

Something came back through the mysterious Green Door and now it may be inside Hulk, fighting for control. Has Banner's long-dead father come back to haunt him, or is it something even more sinister? <---I'm loving this!

description

The art is great, as well.
And there are so many memorable panels to go with the storyline.
My favorite so far is the Hulk-in-a-jar stuff - the conclusion to that one was awesome!

description

I'm really digging this darker version of Big Green and I'm excited to see where Ewing is going to take him next.
Recommended!
Dan Schwent
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, 2019-comics
The Immortal Hulk: The Green Door collected Immortal Hulk 6-10.

Immortal Hulk: The Green Door picks up where the last volume left off. Bruce Banner is on the run, just like the good old days, both from his enemies and from the evil that lurks within, The Immortal Hulk! In this volume, old jade jaws goes up against Gamma Flight, the Avengers, and a beefed up Absorbing Man. That undersells it, though.

The Immortal Hulk is more of a horror comic than it is a super hero comic.
Sam Quixote
Apr 06, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crikey, what a rubbish comic full of overused Hulk tropes! Hulk fights the Avengers for the umpteenth time before being kidnapped and sperimented on by the gov’mint for the umpteenth time before finishing with a punch-up with a dull villain - guess who wins? It’s so predictable and uninspired.

I got nothing out of Immortal Hulk, Volume 2: The Green Door. It’s one of the most generic, tedious and unimaginative Hulk stories I’ve ever read and couldn’t recommend something this bland and dreary to a
Chad
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Ewing amps up the body horror as the Hulk is experimented on by the government. I never thought I'd see the Hulk use someone's skull and spine as a ball and chain either. I'm surprised how much graphic violence Marvel is letting Ewing get away with here, but I sure am enjoying it. Devil Hulk is quickly becoming the best incarnation of the Hulk yet.
Artemy
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Al Ewing keeps bringing his A-game with this title, and if anything the second volume of The Immortal Hulk is even better than the first one. Hulk is the flat-out villain here, and it's entirely engrossing and very disturbing thanks to Joe Bennett and a couple of guest artists who don't shy away from gore and body horror — honestly, I can't believe a book this visually and thematically messed up is being published by Marvel in 2018, but I'm so glad that it is. Ewing takes numerous bold choices i ...more
James DeSantis
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hulk is pumped up on hate fuel cause this dude is going head to head with the entire Avengers team.

So what is happening with the good old green giant? Well after the events of the last book we have the hulk walking around the world doing what he does best. Fucking shit up. However, the Avengers try to stop the hulk. In doing so we have some epic showdowns, including Thor getting manhandled and She-hulk getting her butt whooped. Then the 2nd half involves the Kreel trying to take down Hulk and w
Malum
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You are in hell, little man. And I am the devil!"
-Batman Begins

Even better than volume 1. This "Devil Hulk" run is insane and I am loving it. If you have always wanted to see Hulk use someone's spinal cord and skull as a ball and chain, then this is the book for you.
Bradley
This one isn't as strong as the first volume, imho, but I love how smart, gut-driven, and crafty the green guy is now. Banner is almost a sock-puppet now.

The whole obligatory Avengers vs the Devil Hulk was... overblown, kinda silly, and ultimately pointless. But it's also the money shot for these kinds of comics. We love to see our favorites fighting each other.

Alas, it's not all that interesting to me. Not interesting like the psychological horror aspects going on under
Cheese
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume is filler, building up to something bigger but still solid.

There was one bit that did annoy me though which is very cliche. Captain Marvel wants to talk to Banner, and so instead of asking him nicely friend to friend she brings the whole avengers team. The best part is the Hulk is back from the dead and is stronger than before and breaks Thor's skull with one punch. Completely taking him out of the fight!
Rod Brown
Lots of cool imagery on the page even if the story seems to immediately evaporate from my brain. I appreciate they are trying something different with Hulk, even if it is mostly just body horror.
Benji Glaab
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5🌟

Ewing and Bennett are on the verge of creating a landmark Hulk title. This is an original and fresh blend of horror and suspense. Of course we are also treated to heavy weight throwdowns with the Avengers, a Hulked up absorbing man, bushwhacker, and now Gamma Flight. But the ongoing battle with Banners own psyche is always prevalent. Bruce continues seeing reflections of his pops the evil looking bastard, and the massive Green door. These possessions and inner demons really help
Chris Lemmerman
First, it's the Hulk versus the Avengers! And that's the least exciting thing in this entire volume. At the mercy of a shadowy organization, the Immortal Hulk meets his maker...or does he? Plus, what is the Green Door? And, more importantly, what's behind it?

God damn this book is good. Each issue is told in its own way, in its own style, and yet the synergy between it all makes for such a perfect interpretation of the relationship between Banner and the Hulk, and the Hulk and the res
Shannon Appelcline
Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk continues to be an evocative and innovative take on the character. In this volume, Ewing really achieves a full integration with his new horror genre, effortlessly intermingling it with the rest of the story line, which includes fights with the Avengers and Gamma Flight. The comic drags from time to time, particularly with the Absorbing Man's backstory, but this continues to be a great new book that nonetheless does a great job of linking to the larger Marvel universe.
Simon
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For 10 issues now, I've been consistently blown away by how amazing this series is. Mixing body horror, nightmare-fuel-art, and a surreal mystery, Ewing turns the Hulk from a puppet in a boring action book into an unstoppable machine of destruction and his enemies into demonic entities. It's really one of the most freakish comic books out there, on par with Junji Ito's horror.
Diz
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Someone put a little of the movie The Thing into this Hulk story. It's weird in a fun way.
Kris Ritchie
This has by far some of the more gruesome imagery Marvel lets grace it's pages currently. If you have read the trades, you know of course I am talking about when (view spoiler) Also, this horror-fueled take on the Hulk may be one of my favorite Marvel comics since Jason Aaron started writing Thor.
Roy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easily one of the strongest Marvel runs atm. I love all action scenes, love the hulks character build. My only issue with the run so far especially this volume are the secondary characters. They just seem flat and irrelevant some of the time. Otherwise a great series so far.
Adam Fisher
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Consider my jaw dropped.... I didn't Marvel had it in them to take scenes you'd normally see when Carnage is around, and put it in the main Hulk title. So gory and good!
Scared to let Hulk out (because of possible possession by an entity who seems to be Brian Banner, his father), Bruce (with the help of Hulk subconsciously) decides to go back to where it all started: "Home", or the site of where the Gamma bomb hit him, and the possible location of "the green door". He is being watched thoug
Billy Jepma
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, comics
“The Immortal Hulk” remain way more fun (and twisted) than I ever expected it to be. While I missed the more traditional horror elements from the first volume, “The Green Door” really doubles down on the grotesque body horror and it works VERY well. The fights are vicious, and there were multiple moments where I was legitimately shocked that Marvel let Ewing, Garbett, and Mounts get away with some of the imagery in here (although I’m glad they did).

That said, the plot in this volume
Dubzor
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap...this just keeps getting better and better!
Jesús
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is absolute pulp in the best and most classic sense. While I still wish Immortal Hulk would go even further with its weird/uncanny vibe, it’s been a while since Marvel has produced anything this genuinely pulpy.

But for as good as this second volume is, I can’t help but roll my eyes at its very incorrect depiction of New Mexico, its people, and its landscape. The team clearly relies more on inherited stereotypes and caricatures rather than on any first-hand knowledge or basic res
Alex Sarll
After too many reboots and retools and whatnot, I'm now only buying two Marvel Universe books: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, which is joyful and upbeat and suitable for all ages – and The Immortal Hulk, which is absolutely none of those things. Well, except maybe 'joyful', because I alarmed a train carriage this morning when I burst out laughing at the face of the scientist as he realised why the Hulk had suffered himself to be dissected and kept, still living (at least by night) in a shelf full ...more
Dakota Morgan
I'm baffled why reviewers keep calling the Immortal Hulk series a terrifying horror story. Sure, there are some gruesome body horror elements, particularly in this volume. But it's not like, scary or anything. It's not gonna keep me up at night.

That said, The Green Door is a propulsive read, so maybe I'd stay up late to finish it. "Devil" Hulk fights the Avengers, a mysterious lab, and the Absorbing Man, all while learning slightly, slightly more about that Green Door he's been so obsessed with.
Justin
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
That’s pretty damn good. Can’t wait for volume 3.
David Turko
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immortal Hulk: The Green Door is a wild book. It feels more like a horror comic than a superhero story. The body morphing and the way the art shows the gamma radiation looks like something out of a John Carpenter or David Cronenberg film. I don't know why but writing the hulk, like its a straight up horror story works. I can't wait to read the next trade.
Gray
This got better and better as it progressed. Hulk takes on the Avengers, dissection, and a gamma'd-up Absorbing Man, leading him on an incredible journey through the mysterious Green Door.

If you've any interest in the Hulk and you like a bit of horror, this is an essential read!
Sesana
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Ewing is really leaning into the horrific elements of Hulk, and he's turning out a deeply weird and unsettling book. It's fantastic and so different from virtually every other superhero book out there that it's barely a superhero book at this point.
Todd Glaeser
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Hulk series like no other, and it's incredible! The imagery is jaw-dropping; Hulk in Jars, emaciated by the Absorbing Man, the Monitors. Easily my favorite recent Marvel book.
Carlex
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three and half stars

"Hulk wants another fight now!"
Kyle Berk
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
The Immortal Hulk is horrifying, exciting, and a page turning trance.

Despite a weak sidecast and at times gamma radiation discussion that can drag on Immortal Hulk is a very strong title. It reminds me of Swamp Thing in all the right sort of ways. It's focus is always on characters within the overarching plot and it doesn't have developed characters whose story is told in one issue like Swamp Thing. But in it's horror element, how it plays with what has happened in the larger univers
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Batman, Volume 9: The Tyrant Wing
  • The Green Lantern, Vol. 1: Intergalactic Lawman
  • Hawkman, Vol. 1: Awakening

Immortal Hulk (6 books)
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 3: Hulk In Hell