Start by marking “Bloodchild (The Godblind Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bloodchild (The Godblind Trilogy, #3)

Bloodchild

(The Godblind Trilogy #3)

’If you’re a fan of the likes of Joe Abercrombie or George R.R. Martin, then you’ll be pleased to learn that Anna Stephens has joined this august pantheon of lovingly horrible and deliciously dark writers’
STARBURST

Rilporin has fallen and Corvus, King of the Mireces, reigns over an occupied land. The raiders and their dark religion have conquered, but victory came

Published September 5th 2019 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about Bloodchild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodchild

Start your review of Bloodchild (The Godblind Trilogy, #3)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Got my signed/numbered/sprayed edition of the whole trilogy!

I love the books overall, a few things here and there I don’t care for but overall I love them to pieces. This last book was a bit of a tear jerker!!

Happy Reading Peeps!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Mike Everest Evans
The Good: Everything. Seriously. *SPOILERS*

The Bad: IT GAVE ME FEELINGS – I DO NOT LIKE FEELING FEELINGS.

The Ugly Truth: THIS. IS. HOW. YOU. END. A. SERIES. (If I could somehow capitalise a full stop I would use it in this review.) Pulse-pounding drama and action to the heart-breaking end. 11/10, A++, all of the stars.

Review: Bloodchild is the third and final (no, you’re crying!) book in Anna Stephens’ debut Godblind trilogy, published by Harper Voyager. Whilst I would like to extend my thanks f
Maja Ingrid
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I never actually thought I would be this invested in this series or with the characters. Yet I find myself an unravelled crying mess. This series started with great potential in Godblind, but lost me on the huge amount of characters and what came out as fragmental as result. But the potential lay in the dark plot and the world Stephen created. And she does manage to bring her characters (well most of them) to life (why else am I crying over them). Darksoul was a huge step forward because it stre ...more
Justin Call
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read this yet...but then, neither has Victaulic, and if he/she can give the book 1-star without having read it, surely I can give it 5-stars for the same reason.

I’ll change it if I decide it merits less stars – but I doubt that will be the case since Anna Stephens is a fabulous author.
imyril
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies
AAAAAAAAAAAH

Also all the other vowels

I'll be back with consonants once I've wrangled myself into spoiler-free coherency.

Full review, including consonants (note: some plot details/minor spoilers, although none touching on the outcome)

In a nutshell: Bloodchild delivers a strong end to a remarkable trilogy. For all its grimdark trappings, this is a tale as interested in compassion and redemption as it is in gut-spilling warfare. Never an easy read (for me, at least), it has turned out to be an enor
Kitvaria Sarene
This book is bloody, brilliant, and bloody brilliant!

I finished it (really late) last night, and I think I'll have to hide in a blanket fort with chocolate, some plush toys and plenty of coffee to assemble all the pieces of my soul back into one functioning piece!

It is the absolutely perfect ending to one of my favourite series. I have no idea how Anna Stephens manages to strike this balance between dark, grim and gloomy, but yet always leaves just enough hope to keep you hooked and on the edge
Kareem
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bloodchild! The last book in the Godblind trilogy, the thrilling conclusion, the final nail in the bollock… (if you don’t understand that reference then why are you even here?)

Right, to Hell with preamble – this book gets your heart pumping hard right up until it tears the aforementioned organ out of your chest and makes you blub like new born that stubbed its toe on the way out.

In Godblind we saw the stakes, we saw what both sides were fighting for, and we saw just what both sides were prepared
Anna Stephens
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Yes, yes, I know it's my book. As ever, the rating goes not to what I wrote but to my fantastic narrator, Maggie Ollerenshaw. Once more this supremely talented actress has made my world real in a world I didn't expect and couldn't predict.
I've been unbelievably lucky to have her narrate these books.
John Ross
Dec 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Here is the official cover of 'Bloodchild' by Anna Stephens!

Bloodchild by Anna Stephens

'Bloodchild' by Anna Stephens will be released on August 22, 2019.
Peter McLean
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow.
Bethan Hindmarch
Where do you begin, reviewing the last book of a trilogy?

Well, with the trilogy itself I guess!

There are trilogies out there which don’t quite convey that idea of an over-arcing story. They are connected by characters, or place, but have that slight disconnect from each other. Like book one was written as a standalone and then books two and three were afterthoughts. Conversely there are trilogies, or even series, out there that have the one over-arcing story spread over the three books, but the
Cameron Johnston
Now that's how you end a series! Bloodchild ends the Godblind trilogy with a BANG where other series' end on a whimper.

It's a real roller-coaster of a novel, with plans falling apart and others coming to fruition - if only we knew which was which, and on what side! Phew, it's full of tense and dangerous plotting and furious bloodshed where the story could go either way. Anna Stephens can write a hell of a visceral battle scene.

This book will hurt you, and also lift you up. Despair and misery, an
S. Naomi Scott
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER WARNING – This review contains potential spoilers for the first two books in the trilogy, Godblind and Darksoul. If you haven’t already read those you may want to skip this review until you have.

This is the final volume in Anna Stephens’ Godblind trilogy, and boy, what a finale it is. Following on almost directly from the end of last year’s Darksoul, it opens with the army of Rilpor in hiding and the Mireces invaders firmly entrenched in the city of Rilporin, their chieftain Corvus havin
Ash | Wild Heart Reads
Bloodchild punched through my chest, tore out my still beating heart, ate it in front of me and stabbed me for good measure. Certain beloved characters aren't the only ones that didn't make it through the final volume of the Godblind trilogy and I'll see you all in the light because this book destroyed me.

"He left his sword behind. He left it all behind. He walked to his final battle, stripping his armour as he went."

After barely surviving Darksoul - I think my heart stopped a good
Sachin Dev
Bloodchild ends the blood spattered epic series of the coming of "Red Gods".
It tops off an incredible series featuring some of the most lovable"heroic" characters, blood thirsty Gods and complex relationships, all this in the black shadows of a sprawling war that takes no prisoners and is grim-dark to the core.

I end the series with a heavy heart! I am too heart broken to write a more coherent review but promise to follow this up with something worthwhile. Dancer's Grace, people. It is time.
J.P. Ashman
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ERMERGERD!

Fantastically, fantastical grimdark and satisfying finale to a fabulous fantast trilogy of action, intrigue and gritty realism.

Characters relationships develop even more and the build up to the final battle between women, men and gods concludes with an exciting and vicious whirlwind of action and emotion.

I've been drinking red wine, which may inhibit my review writing skills, but DAYM this trilogy does indeed rock my socks.

Anna rules, so do the characters of Bloodchild!
Stephen Warren
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean some random gave it 1 star without reading it so I'll give it a 5 :) the last two I did read and loved, I'm sure this will be just as wonderful.
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy received from Netgalley all opinions are my own

I have enjoyed reading the Godblind trilogy immensely. It has been a wild ride full of misery, violence, gore and some genuinely uncomfortable moments that make you wince. It is also full of interesting characters who I both love and hate, depending on what side they are on.
At the end of the last book, things weren’t looking too good. Yes, the Blessed One’s plans had been disrupted but the city had been lost to Corvus. Fast forward to Bloodchi
Vigasia
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried. Three times.

It's hard to believe that this is over, but here we are. And what the ride this was. I think I wasn't so devastated after finishing the book since I finished Malazan series and the epicness of battles and heroism of the last stands presented in Bloodchild is comparable to Erikson's works.

I loved Godblind trilogy from the start. We follow seven PoV's and still Anna Stephens put them in about 400 pages a book, wihout overly long chapters and unecessary fillers. What's more, ev
Rachael Mills
This was one of my most-anticipated books of 2019 and it definitely did not disappoint. Absolutely fantastic ending to one of my favourite trilogies.
Aneta
"And the godlight will lead us all, to death and beyond. And what is beyond death but the promise of new life?"

A fitting finale to a very even and solid series.

The major reasons my rating is a 4 rather than a 5:
1) the villains were annoying, every time I saw a Corvus or Lanta chapter I sighed in resignation (I don't like reading about religious extremists though so ymmv);
2) all the romantic relationships read the exact same to me. they were nice! they were just... all the same which makes
Simon Howard
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the conclusion to Anna Stephens The Godblind Trilogy and like the other two books Bloodchild pulls no punches, goes straight for the throat from the start and doesn't let up until your feelings are a steaming mess laying at your feet. Corvus king of the Mireces has won a great victory in taking the city of Rilporin and reigns over the surrounding land, after a vicious siege that saw one of their two dark gods die and the survivors of the city scattering to the winds. Commander Mace, the ...more
S. D. Howarth
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andy Angel
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This, my friends, is how you finish a series. Everything that has been building up over the last two books comes to a head here and does so in such a glorious, brutal, beautiful way. There will be tears, there will be chuckles, your heart may well be torn in two (mine was!) but we wouldn't have it any other way would we 😜

This is Grimdark at it's Grimest and Darkest and it is a joy to behold
Peter Gee
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant finale, was welling up reading this. End of a fantastic series that I will come back and read again. I love books and series with engaging plots and characters that develop, and this series gave me that.
Patrick
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Godblind - Darksoul was even better, and then this! What a way to finish a trilogy - not the hollywood happy ending by any means with a powerful emotional punch that stayed with me for days.

Claire Meehan
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dammit Anna - you made me cry!!!
That was a tense, brutal and awesome ending to a brilliant trilogy.
Deborah
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant ending to the series. This has been an original idea, unlike a lot of very derivative stories, and it has been executed with drama and compassion. Like Game of Thrones, Stevens wasn't afraid to kill off some big characters. Unlike GoT there was redemption for some of the most tormented at the end, while the really wicked were appropriately punished. Lanta's fate was wonderfully appropriate.
Teresa
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried, I laughed, then I cried a lot more. Magnificent and fitting ending to a great trilogy.
Amanda J Spedding
Oh, the book hangover. All the emotions as this trilogy came to its heart-wrenching and, in places, joyous end. There are moments that will always linger, characters that will stay with me for always, and that's more than you can ask for any story. Goddamn, but I'm sad this tale is over.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The House of Sacrifice (Empires of Dust #3)
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • The Black Hawks (Articles of Faith, #1)
  • The Tower of Living and Dying (Empires of Dust #2)
  • We Ride the Storm (The Reborn Empire, #1)
  • The Shadow Saint (The Black Iron Legacy, #2)
  • A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)
  • The True Bastards (The Lot Lands, #2)
  • The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1)
  • The Poison Song  (The Winnowing Flame Trilogy #3)
  • The Spider (Under the Northern Sky #2)
  • Priest of Lies (War for the Rose Throne, #2)
  • The Trouble with Peace (The Age of Madness, #2)
  • Legacy of Ash (Legacy Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood of an Exile (Dragons of Terra, #1)
  • We Are the Dead (The Last War, #1)
  • Along the Razor's Edge (The War Eternal #1)
  • Bright Steel (Masters & Mages, #3)
Anna Stephens is the UK-based author of gritty epic fantasy. The Godblind trilogy - Goblind, Darksoul, Bloodchild - is now published in the UK and Commonwealth by HarperVoyager. It is being released separately and in translation (where applicable) in North America, France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland and Czechoslovakia. You can sign up to her newsletter here: https://anna-stephens.com/get-in-touc ...more

The Godblind Trilogy (3 books)
  • Godblind (Godblind, #1)
  • Darksoul (The Godblind Trilogy, #2)

News & Interviews