Start by marking “Urban Gothic” as Want to Read:
Urban Gothic

Urban Gothic

Burned out and drugged up, Alec LeGuerrier spends his days faking it, barely eking out an existence while living in a haze of confusion and medicated mellowness. That is, until he stops a gang of nightmarish oddities from killing a strange young woman with indigo eyes.

Dragged into the lands of the dreaming, he must come to terms with his brutal past and his grim imagined
Published March 8th 2019 by Kyanite Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Urban Gothic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Urban Gothic

Matt Doyle
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let’s start with a definition. Some may not be familiar with the term ‘dreampunk’. The thing is, it’s quite a broad genre, and the chances are that you are familiar with something that falls within it. For example, Neil Gaiman’s Sandman graphic novels would certainly be part of the genre. As a basic definition though, it can be viewed as a literary subgenre that, while at times similar to other ‘punk’ genres (such as cyber and steam), includes dream logic as an integral part of its workings.

Now,
Crystal Kirkham
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ll be honest with you, what first caught my attention with Urban Gothic was the incredible cover. I mean, look at that incredible cover by the talented Sophia LeRoux. It's no wonder it caught my attention and because of that, before I even read the blurb, I wanted to read this story. In fact, I totally forgot to read the back cover blurb before I read the story. I read it afterwards. I had no idea what story I was about to read, let alone what genre it was.

From the first line, this story drew
Mark Engels
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Raw emotion is laid bare for all to see in this fast-moving dreampunk thriller. Author Coghlan wastes no time in introducing an existential threat to both the dreamscape and the waking world, featuring point-of-view character Alec LeGuerrier as the perfect lens through which to observe this alternate reality. A combat veteran, walking wounded whose rage his court-ordered medications barely keeps in check, will fight to save his newfound friends from the dreamscape's murderous, tyrannical ruler-- ...more
Dave Wickenden
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the magical Dreamscape

Alex LeGruerrier lives on the edges of society, unable to cope with the memories of his war-torn years and losing his comrades. A chance encounter pits him against three assailants who are attacking a lone female who is seriously injured. Taking responsibility and interest for the first time since his return gives him purpose.

The woman, Veleda, leads him into the dimension of the dreamscape, a place where all dreams and nightmares are alive and thriving. He finds
Cliff Jr.
What actually happens when we dream? We can only remember bits and pieces here and there, leaving the vast depths of the dreamworld completely unknown to our waking minds. We know it's important somehow, but we don't know why.

Urban Gothic is a deep dive into the unconscious dreamworld of Alec LeGuerrier, an archetypal warrior battling his inner demons for the fate of his soul. In the mundane world, he's a veteran struggling with PTSD, chemically subdued and cut off from his own dreams. But in th
Adam Gould