Start by marking “Nero Nights (The Neron Rising Saga #5)” as Want to Read:
Nero Nights (The Neron Rising Saga #5)

Nero Nights

(Neron Rising Saga #5)

Nova and Valen barely escaped Isroth with their lives and now they’ve crash-landed on an empty planet—no people, no tools to fix their ship. Nova has spent her life building and creating mechanics, but this is the most advanced vessel in the galaxy, and she can’t figure out what’s wrong with it.

But maybe the crash was a blessing in disguise. They’ve seen their entire live
Published March 19th 2019 (first published March 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Nero Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nero Nights

Start your review of Nero Nights (The Neron Rising Saga #5)
Mandie
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nero Nights is Episode 5 of this series, and it is great. Each episode is better than the last, and develops more than the previous episode.
I absolutely love following Nova and her journey. There are ups and downs, twists and turns, and the characters are amazing.
Jeanny
Jacqueline Reads
This is the fifth of seven episodes in the Neron Rising saga and quite possibly my favorite.
True nothing all that action packed or exciting happens, but it’s got some other fun things *wink wink.*
Imagine two characters that you have been shipping for several books, that you’ve been waiting patiently for them to be together, and they get stranded on a planet that’s beautiful and peaceful, and there are no other people besides the two of them with nothing but time.
That was this episode and I was
Sheena
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
So we're already on episode 5 of the Nero saga. I say episode because that's exactly what this series feels like, it's like waiting on another episode of one of your favourite show and you're not disappointed when it eventually lands because it's always worth the wait.

Things aren't looking good for Nova and Valen, a desperate escape from Cyrillius lands them halfway across the galaxy with nothing but a broken ship. While this episode is slower it's exactly what is needed to build the relationshi
m ✦ foesandlovers
3.5 STARS

Still good, just more of a filler episode. Excited to see what's next!
Courtney
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

Nero Nights is a bit slower pace than the previous four books, but it's none-the-less, still an important part of the series.

Nova and Valen have found themselves on a planet that seems to be completely empty. They have no idea where they are and the ship they stole isn't working.

These two find themselves in a state of do we just stay here and avoid the chaos what was there lives or do they try and fix the ship and continue what the had started?

Keary does a phenomenal job of keeping t
Penny
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I knew it would be because of the end of the previous book, this fifth installment wasn’t quite as action-packed as the previous ones were. However, that didn’t stop me from being glued to the pages to find out what was going to happen next. In this one, Nova and Valen explore their relationship to a much greater degree than they could previously. Not only did they found out stuff about each other, they healed each other in many ways. I just loved this book because it is a turning point in th ...more
Cj
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUZAN C.
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nero Nights is the 5th installment in author Keary Taylor's Neron Rising series. This time, Valen and Nova are living out their predestined dream on a desolate and lonely planet. Living day by day and learning more about each other as they try to fix their broken space vessel proves to be quite challenging for the couple. As mundane as catching food and foraging for berries, their constant struggle between wanting to go back to their old lives to trying to fulfill their destinies together become ...more
Alexandria Woods
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Promising Towards the End

Nova and Valen finally find that time alone together, stranded on an unknown planet since they busted the revolutionary ship upon their escape from Cyrillius. Lucky they have an experienced mechanic and engineer in Nova. I'm remiss in that I've never commented on my other reviews how I enjoy her trade, especially since in a lot of books the women are characterized as helpless.

The beginning of this short story starts out slowly in my opinion and really doesn't progress th
JanaLee Longhurst
Episode five of The Neron Rising Saga successfully topped the first four episodes, which was difficult to do, because I loved the first four episodes, but top them it did, because Taylor took a step back from the action scenes to let us inside the heart of the story.

Shipwrecked, Nova and Valen find themselves physically removed from everything else in the universe, and that isolation gives them time to evaluate one another. In studying the planet they've crash landed upon, they see how the other
Afifah Liyana
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed ‘Nero Nights’. With the focus being mainly on Nova and Valen, we get the opportunity to get to know more about them and watch their relationship deepen into something more meaningful. This was great as their relationship has been a little sparse in previous episodes and we got to see them in full flow.

Episode Five was fast paced and I read it in one sitting. I liked the way that Keary moved the saga on but added in lots of detail from the past as subtle reminders to refresh us.
Deirdre O'Dwyer
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just can't believe we are already this far into the series! I can't urge you hard enough to start reading Keary's work! Nero Nights, Episode 5, was a very important installment in the series. We get to know Nova and Valen a little better. They get to know each more intimately, while helping each other through emotions and barriers, they weren't able to get through on their own. Nova and Valen are destined to be together, and now we can all see that coming into fruition. Swoon! As others have c ...more
Brooke
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After crashing onto an unknown planet, Valen and Nova have to figure out what their next move will be, while also figuring out who they are without any outside influence. Valen has many years of manipulation and lies that he has to come to terms with, and you will see that Nova has her own demons from her past, but together they can figure it out.
This episode is so good I blew threw it in a few hours and as always Keary left me wanting more! I loved seeing the character growth throughout the bo
Monika Currie
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A period of growth is required on any novel, and this episode is the period of growth that was needed. We learn alot about our heroes and about how Nova is coping with the changes going on in her world.
I highly, highly recommend this series to anyone who wants to sit back and let their imagination take over. This episode answers quite a few questions, and will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish
Idi Aldama
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valen and Nova have barely escaped and crashed landed on a planet. While they fixed there ship they finally get some time to get to know each other. Just like everyone else when they first start I can be awkward lol. They have always had great chemistry. But there is still work to be done and they made there choice in what to do. This episode was great to finally see just them. And as always can’t wait for the next.
cassberrie
Another fun installment in this saga! Nova and Valen actually like, talk to each other and bond for once in their life. They talk about their relationship and stuff. It's really just some relationship fluff between action scenes, but honestly, they kind of needed it given the fact that they haven't really spent time with each other outside of having visions of their future together.

Oh, and it ends with an exciting cliffhanger.
Kelsey Griffin
cassi parker
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gigi
This novella is as good as the last 4. It had me hooked from start to finish. Due to me tending to spoil things I don’t really want to go into too much detail. But let me just tell you that it doesn’t disappoint. It’s a Must read. Keary does an amazing job. Thank you Keary for giving us another amazing book!
Alex Evans
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this might be my favorite episode but then again I've said that about all of these books so far. I am absolutely obsessed even more with the dynamic between Nova and Valen. I'm really happy about the little twist that was added to have Nova and Valen be reinvigorated to join the fight against Cyrillius and the Dominion. ...more
Redsky29
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Better and better

Valen and Nova escape to find themselves and free fall into the future taking this pocket of happiness to prepare themselves to start a revolution.... Nova’s the weapons maker a Nero and so much more... She’s his queen to her king. The series does not disappoint.
Claire Semonin
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
I really enjoyed this instalment. It was a slow paced chapter but it was needed. We got to know them both as a couple, for them to get an understanding with themselves. It was a great ending as we know that the next installment will be action packed and I am extremely excited :)
Michele Evans
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!

Most addicting read of 2019! Gets so good and then it’s over and I’m left in suspense until the next release. This is by far one of my favorite series! Keary Taylor is amazing!!!
Carmel McKenzie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Way too short

I am really enjoying nova and Valens journey. Can't wait to see how they conquer the dominion and cyrillisus. I'm glad Neron can heal almost everything. Gives them a chance to achieve the impossible
Maddy Max
(3,5)

Nero Nights definitely was not my favorite in The Neron Rising Saga but I still enjoyed it a lot! I loved seeing Valen and Nova open up and learn to know each other better. And since I'm still really into the story, I'm excited to read Neron Wars!
Emma
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As the story continues its edge of the seat stuff !!! I can't explain without giving it away I absolutely love this series without a doubt a new fav read !!! ...more

• Broken Moon (Kait Silver #1)
  • Blood Magic (Kait Silver #2)
  • Wild Knight (Midnight Empire: The Tower, #1)
  • Deadly Knight (Midnight Empire: The Tower, #3)
  • United (Pack of Dawn and Destiny, #2)
  • Fated (Pack of Dawn and Destiny, #3)
  • Crown of Moonlight (Court of Midnight and Deception #2)
  • Hearts at War (The Tribunal Archives, #16)
  • Hunted (Pack of Dawn and Destiny, #1)
  • Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl, #1)
  • Three Dog Knight (Midnight Empire: The Tower, #2)
  • Reign (Strands of Starfire #1)
  • Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga, #2)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • Dragons Are a Girl’s Best Friend (Fangs and Feathers, #1)
  • Red Rider (The Sworn Saga, #1)
  • The Queen's Crown (Court of Midnight and Deception #3)
  • Crown of Shadows (Court of Midnight and Deception #1)
See top shelves…
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

Neron Rising Saga (7 books)
  • Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)
  • Neron Skies (Neron Rising Saga, #2)
  • Nero Awakening (The Neron Rising Saga #3)
  • Nero Blood (The Neron Rising Saga #4)
  • Neron Wars (The Neron Rising Saga #6)
  • Nero Kingdom (The Neron Rising Saga #7)