Start by marking “Daisy Jones & The Six” as Want to Read:
Daisy Jones & The Six

Daisy Jones & The Six

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  283,037 ratings  ·  40,291 reviews
9 hours, 3 minutes

Everyone knows Daisy Jones & The Six, but nobody knows the reason behind their split at the absolute height of their popularity . . . until now.

Daisy is a girl coming of age in L.A. in the late sixties, sneaking into clubs on the Sunset Strip, sleeping with rock stars, and dreaming of singing at the Whisky a Go Go. The sex and drugs are thrilling,
Audiobook, Unabridged, 10 pages
Published March 5th 2019 by Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about Daisy Jones & The Six, please sign up.
Lindsay Pelkey It's a book. It's not a woman's book or a man's book. It's a story, and those who are interested in it can read it.
Sheri I cant believe you havent heard of them!! They redefined the 70s music scene!!!

(No, not a real band.)…more
I can’t believe you haven’t heard of them!! They redefined the 70s music scene!!!

(No, not a real band.)(less)

·  283,037 ratings  ·  40,291 reviews

Start your review of Daisy Jones & The Six
Emma Giordano
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Daisy Jones & the Six is a masterpiece. Incredible. Intoxicating. Unforgettable. Truly one of the most remarkable stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The moment I finished, I had to immediately start from the beginning again. I refused to let go. And yes, I did read it twice in a row.

CW: substance abuse/addiction, abortion

Set in the mid sixties late seventies, Daisy Jones & The Six transports readers to the most iconic age of rock n roll. The atmosphere and story
Emily May
I know many people loved this book, and it's not as if I don't see why, but this choice of narration just really didn't work for me. I found Reid's The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo absolutely riveting from the very first chapter, but I thought the decision to write this book entirely in interview transcripts made it really boring and emotionless.

Daisy Jones & The Six is essentially a band documentary transcript. I'm sure most of you have seen a band documentary before. Former band members,
Nilufer Ozmekik
Another winner of mine! Truly I loved this book and enjoyed the unique, original, intriguing, captivating writing style!!!

Felt like I watched an amazing documentary while Im reading an exhilarating book. Its an unforgettable ride with full of not much sex, but too much drugs and rock&roll.
I love the lyrics, especially Impossible woman, Regret me and Turn it off and of course A hope like you!
Welcome to the 70s world with the rising of a rock band, smashing egos of group members,
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
IS THIS AS GOOD AS THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO?

That was my main question when I picked up this book. Sadly, no.

There was a lot of potential but I felt like the story wasn't flesh out enough. I highly recommend listening to this one as an audiobook due to the format (interviews).

Reminded me a bit of A Star Is Born, but maybe less tragic and with a very confident main female character. The characters were definitely attaching but I felt like there should have been more. 300 pages of
Kayla Dawn
Apparently I read a different book than everyone else. Or maybe my brain just thinks it's funny to make me hate hyped books idk.

This didn't touch me whatsoever. I was bored and the story and some actions of the characters felt repetitive to the point that I skipped some paragraphs. Everything was so predictable and dialogues even felt pretentious sometimes. Trying to be meaningful while actually being pseudo deep (like 80% of tumblr u know?).

Sure, this had some great quotes and some funny bits
Hannah
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will never stop crying

Check out my book review!: https://youtu.be/pJvJi3HVzf0
Mackenzi
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone else furious that the songs in the book aren't actual songs you can stream right now CAUSE I AM.
_ngallagher
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The audiobook was so sick and the last line brought tears to my eyes !!!
jessica
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
i finally got my hands on the audio of this and it is everything i thought it would be - the authenticity, the intrigue, the drama, the rock n roll, the emotion. this is a masterpiece and the six are the life and soul of this story. i CANNOT wait for the day when their songs become streamable on spotify.

___________________________________________

there has been some sort of mistake. this book is labelled as fiction, but that cant be right. there is no way these people arent real and nothing you
chai ♡
Update: it is with a heavy heart that I must announce not a single tear was shed. I felt nothing. I did not actively dislike this book, and there are things I actually liked about it. I just did not care about any of it. The voice actors did a pretty good job, though.

On a scale of 1 to irreversibly devastated, how much will this book hurt?
Maria
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else's muse.
End of fucking story.

Oh fuck. I'm a mess. I'm such a hot mess. I feel like Daisy on crack. I'm a crying mess, I'm a screaming mess, I'm a heartbroken mess. How the fuck am I supposed to continue on with my life now after this book has happened? Could you people do it? I NEED A SEQUEL OR A MOVIE OR A SERIES OR SOMETHING! I'm literally on Youtube right now, trying to find a cover of these
Christine Riccio
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this! The audio book was fabulous.
Chloe
3rd read: april - june 2019 (physical)
5 stars
yep this is my third time reading this book. i just adore it with my whole heart. this time i physically read it and annotated it, and it was everything.

2nd read: 29-31 march 2019 (audiobook)
UGH I WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS BOOK

1st read: 14-15 march 2019 (audiobook)
5 stars

cw: drug use, alcoholism, addiction, abortion
Elyse  Walters
NEW UPDATED REVIEW.....
I already expressed LOVING this novel: REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVING IT.....about a fictional rock band in the 1970s - their rise through the ranks of the LA music scene - eventually becoming one of the most legendary bands in the world.

Taylor Jenkins Reid is not a novice author. Her other five books:
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo,
One True Loves,
Maybe in Another Life,
After I Do,
Forever, Interrupted,
Are all genuinely - emotionally - passionate books that make readers
lucie
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS A FICTION AND THESE PEOPLE DON'T EXIST.
megs_bookrack
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think we can all agree, the 1970's was an amazing decade for music.

The rock genre took the world by storm, selling out arenas and gathering heretofore unheard of crowds of obsessed fans.

Groups such as The Who, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival, AC/DC, and Queen were living large with lifestyles infused with sex, drugs and rock and roll.

This novel is a fictional profile of one such band, Daisy Jones & the Six.

Told via a highly creative interview format, Daisy
Always Pouting
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What does one say when one loves a book except that they loved it? I just read this in one sitting and spent all day reading it. I couldn't put it down. Actually though it was funny because at first I had thought this was fiction, but then I was reading it and I'm like no this is non fiction. I ask my boyfriend if he had heard of the band and he's like no what are you talking about and then later I was looking it up and I found out that no the book is actually just fiction and then I felt like ...more
Angelica
Have you ever felt like there were two versions a book out there. There's the version everyone you know read. The one with the raving reviews. The one that everyone loved. Then there is the version you read. The one that is underwhelming and dry and was nothing at all like what you expected it to be. Have you ever felt that? Because I feel that sometimes.

This is one such time.

Seriously though, did I read the same book as everyone else?

I was hoping beyond all hope that this would be my first
Matthew
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think if I had read a physical copy of this book it would have been 4 stars. But, the audiobook presentation is 5 stars, no doubt! The full cast experience as though it all really happened was riveting. I was reminded of VH1 Behind the Music.

Another thing I was reminded of was A Star Is Born. The chemistry between the characters and the battles against self destruction are strong themes in both. If you are a fan of that movie, I think you will find a lot to enjoy here.

Speaking of characters -
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I listened to the audiobook and I gotta say, Taylor Jenkins Reid has knocked it out of the park again. I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. This audiobook was one of the best audiobooks I've ever listened to and I am SO GLAD that I decided to take in the story that way. It was narrated by a full cast and I just about died when my girl Judy Greer started speaking in my ear as the voice of Karen Karen. Seriously y'all, so fucking good. I WILL SAY, the reason I'm giving this a 4 and not a 5 is because the book as ...more
Miranda Reads
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
description
I have read my way through 315 books to bring you my Top 10 Books of the Year (video) .

Now you know that this one made the cut, check out my video review to see the others!
description

I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else's muse.
End of fucking story.
Daisy Jones & The Six were the hottest thing in the late seventies - and just when they were on the cusp of true fame they broke up.
It scared me that the only thing between this moment of calm
Liz
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Is there anyone in their 60s or older that doesnt see the cover for this book, read the summary and doesnt immediately think of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac?

Reid does a great job capturing that sense of stardom; the sex, drugs and rock n roll.

I love how this book is written, as if it is a history of an actual band, as if its a compilation of interviews with everyone involved. It was wild to see how different things said or done were misinterpreted or remembered differently by others. I had
Cindy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taylor Jenkins Reid's strength lies in her ability to write realistic characters and relationships and take you through a whole life journey. This book has all the elements that we love about Evelyn Hugo: a unique storytelling format, a life story, a notorious historical setting, an iconic main character, a tumultuous and very human relationship, etc. It's the same formula, but switched with different variables, and therefore I think how much you resonate with those variables depends on personal ...more
karen
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-from-work
oooh, goodreads choice awards semifinalist for BEST HISTORICAL FICTION 2019! what will happen?

THIS happened! WINNER! goodreads choice awards best historical fiction 2019!

#ReadWithMC review round-up: https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a...

I used to care when men called me difficult. I really did. Then I stopped. This way is better.

this is a breeeeezy zip of a book. its written in a gossipy, fragmented way, using snippets of behind the music-style interviews to chronicle the rise and fall; the
Alice Oseman
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I expected this to be good because of the hype but this was truly one of the best things I've read in a long time. And it was MADE to be an audiobook. I'd love to write something like this someday.
Dita has the 'rona!
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
It's not real, it's not real, don't cry, it's not real...

Is it though?
Julie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid is a 2019 Ballantine Books publication.

Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll! I mean, thats what the seventies were all about, man!! Right?

Taylor Jenkins Reid has done an admirable job of creating the atmosphere and mindset of the seventies and the rock bands that were catapulted to success beyond their wildest dreams.

From their humble incarnation to their mega-stardom, to their slide down into relative obscurity, the author takes us on a journey back to the
monica kim
i love karen with my whole entire heart.

Aug 10, 2019 update:
I talk more about why I didn't love this one in my recent reads video here: youtu.be/bM5Wh7rpwSQ
But honestly, I just really struggled to particularly care or connect with most of the characters, and the ending was How I Met Your Mother-level bad.

But I still love Karen.
David Putnam
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came to this book after reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (Loved that book). I enjoyed Daisy Jones a great deal but not on the same level as Seven Husbands. The characters were well drawn and visual and its a very easy read.
Im big on the fictive dream, where the author drops me into the story via the characters and Im transported away. My world dissolves and Im in the world the author created. Daisy Jones is written in a stylistic structure, its the way a journalist might write a

• Such a Fun Age
  • Dear Edward
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
Taylor Jenkins Reid is the author of Daisy Jones & The Six, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, One True Loves, and three other novels. She lives in Los Angeles. You can follow her on Instagram @tjenkinsreid.

Articles featuring this book

Pitched for fans of Jane the Virgin and The Kiss Quotient, Alexis Daria’s newest novel, You Had Me at Hola , goes behind the scenes of a...
“I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else's muse.
End of fucking story.”
860 likes
“Men often think they deserve a sticker for treating women like people.” 583 likes