Start by marking “Double Crossfire” as Want to Read:
Double Crossfire

Double Crossfire

(Captain Jake Mahegan #6)

In the most shocking scenario of our time, former Brigadier General Anthony J. Tata takes you inside a brilliantly conceived, brutally executed plot to overthrow our government--from within . . .

"How do you overturn an election?" It's a question that has obsessed presidential candidate candidate Jamie Carter ever since her loss to businessman and political neophyte
Published October 29th 2019 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Double Crossfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Crossfire

Start your review of Double Crossfire
Bruce L. Johnson
Up front, I am a huge fan of General Tata. Once again, he has knocked it out of the park in the latest in the Jake Mahegan series. Largely told from the perspective of Cassie Bagwell, Double Crossfire moves at a fast pace with a number of plot twists and turns that add to the richness of the tale. Some writers in this genre never allow the characters (and the readers) to take a breath. A.J. Tata resists that temptation and delivers a story that is virtually impossible to put down.

Does one read
Suzette
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This intense political drama continues as Cassie, Jake and their team take on a new mission to protect the Presidency. It is an adrenaline pumping ride as you follow its twists and turn. It is filled with urban combat scenarios and future technologies. Cassie is a hard hitting warrior perfectly matched with her boyfriend Jake. With all the conspiracies the author will keep you guessing as you try to figure who the real bad guys are. It will all come down to a nail biting finish which sets the st ...more
Tara Stapledon
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley and Kensington Books for this ARC

Non stop action and an intricate plot in this political thriller. The Resistance is a group that includes some pretty high up people within various government agencies planning to overthrow the current government using female assassins. Although this is the 6th book in the Jake Mahegan series, it centers more around his partner Army Ranger Captain Cassie Bagwell. I found it wasn't as good as previous books in the series but it was
Ric Ulloa
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is A J Tata's (Colonel? Is that correct?) best in a long time. Honestly, I was getting a bit reticent about continuing with the Jake Mehagan series as the last 2 novels didn't do much for me, but this one was a constant thriller-action novel that I couldn't put down! Excellent job! You've sure won me back and the end surely got me excited for the next novel. What a great hook! Really and awesome job, thank you!!
Donna Hines
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
How do you overturn an election?
I suppose you can do what is already being done as we speak but for Jamie Carter she's hell bent on getting what she lost and that's a seat in the top office of the land.
Her eyes are set on the White House but first she must move some people out of her way and they aren't willingly going to go.
So we may have to bring in an intelligence officer on this one but no worries she'll figure it out.
Once Cassie is on the scene a whole host of issues
Jeff
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
“Double Crossfire” by Anthony Tata is the 6th in a series featuring the main character, Jake Mahegan. This is the first book I’ve read in this series, and although it’s a stand-alone book, I felt like I was missing some important background information by not having read the earlier books., and it seemed Inwas playing catch-up most the time. With that being said, the plot is incredulous, even for this genre, and it just didn’t keep my interest, and as the plot progressed so did the level of unbe ...more
Abibliofob
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This was a fast read... Started and finished in the same day. Fast paced action all the way through, one of the best in the series so far. I must thank #KensingtonBooks and #Netgalley for letting me read this great book. Now we have to wait a year for Antony J. Tata to write the next chapter...
Ryan Hillis
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A so so thriller about over throwing the u.s. government.
Shara
Greg Mitts
Michael Feehly
Palehorse24
Jul 11, 2019
Tony is the bestselling author of 12 novels, including the Jake Mahegan series from Kensington Books, the Reaper Series from St. Martins Press, and the Threat Series from Variance Publishing.

Captain Jake Mahegan (6 books)
  • Foreign and Domestic (A Jake Mahegan Thriller, #1)
  • Three Minutes to Midnight (A Jake Mahegan Thriller, #2)
  • Besieged (A Jake Mahegan Thriller, #3)
  • Direct Fire (A Jake Mahegan Thriller, #4)
  • Dark Winter (A Jake Mahegan Thriller, #5)