Start by marking “Pretty Guilty Women” as Want to Read:
Pretty Guilty Women

Pretty Guilty Women

Four Women. Four Confessions. One Murder.

Something has gone terribly wrong at the Banks wedding. A man is dead. Four different women rush to offer confessions, each insisting that they committed the crime -- alone.

Ginger is holding her family together by a thread, and this wedding weekend is not the fabulous getaway she anticipated.

Kate has enough money to buy her way out
Published September 3rd 2019 by Sourcebooks Landmark

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Guilty Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Guilty Women

Start your review of Pretty Guilty Women
Brandice
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Four women meet up at a luxury California resort for an old college friend’s wedding. Three of them, Kate, Ginger, and Emily, are friends of the bride, and the fourth, Lulu, is related by marriage to the groom. The friends’ relationships are strained as they don’t see each other often or keep in touch like they once did. Each of the women are, of course, also hiding secrets.

It’s clear from the beginning of the story that a death has occurred. I’ve seen the comparisons noted between Pretty Guilt
Paromjit
Gina LaManna writes a hugely fun and entertaining novel that deals with some serious issues in the style of a Liane Moriarty book. Three college friends whose friendships have mostly fallen by the wayside are making their way to the week long wedding celebrations in California at the luxurious Serenity Spa and Resort for the DeBleu/Banks wedding. Whitney, their friend, is getting married to the rich Arthur Banks, in opulent moneyed style. What becomes clear almost immediately is that a man has b ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dining-room-1
Fun and dramatic!

Welcome to the Banks wedding, where someone has been murdered, and four different women confess to individually committing the murder.

Lulu is swimming in ex-husbands, and her current husband is up to no good.

Emily is hitting the drink. She wants to forget everything that’s happened to her.

Kate has more money than she can handle, and she knows how to use it to her advantage.

Ginger’s family is falling apart, and this vacation is supposed to be an escape from it all…but it’s not.

Wh
Suzy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Four female friends meet at a resort for a wedding. All four ladies confess to murder. Sounds kind of familiar, right? This book could have been so much better. Instead we get a weak knockoff of Big Little Lies (I know, I know...everyone keeps comparing the two and I’m jumping on that bandwagon as well) full of whiny, annoying characters that all feel sorry for themselves for their shortcomings in life.

I really liked the alternating points of view and the police interviews. Althou
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: Ginger's shoulders stiffened with resistance at the horribleness of her voice. This wasn't like her. Ginger was fun and patient and exuberant. She wasn't a nag, and more importantly, she loved Frank. She loved his silly hobbies and stupid projects. His very zest for life was one of the reasons she'd fallen head over heels for him in the first place.

But then life had happened, and kids, and finances, and insurance, and lost pink shoes. And somewhere in the mess of suburbia and second jo
Carole
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
Pretty Guilty Women by Gina LaManna is a mystery about how far a group of friends will go to protect one of their own. Emily, Ginger and Kate are invited to Whitney's wedding at a posh spa resort. Many years ago, all four were close friends during their college years. Much has happened since college and the friends are apprehensive about reuniting. While at the resort, they become acquainted with Lulu, an older woman and Sydney, a young single mother. Each chapter ends with a detective interview ...more
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Pretty Guilty Women by Gina LaManna is a book that was a quick read for me. I really enjoyed the way that it was written from multiple points of view and with the police interviews between chapters as the story starts to unfold. The characters themselves are not particularly likeable, all of them a bit self centred and spoilt. I liked this book but I didn't love it. The ending did not come as a complete surprise to me either, I guess I was just hoping for more.

4 women confess to the murder of a
Bharath
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is a wedding where four friends from school meet after a long time. A man however dies and found women confess to the murder. The start is interesting and the pace is good, keeping up the suspense well till the end.

Whitney is getting married. While she, Kate, Ginger and Emily were friends, they have not really been in the best of relations since some time. All of them have their problems – Kate is increasingly desperate to have a child; Ginger is a mother of three kids and struggles to manag
Larry H
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

A little soapy, a little melodramatic, and tremendously thought-provoking, Gina Lamanna's Pretty Guilty Women feels like a non-Australian version of Big Little Lies .

Everyone has gathered at an exclusive resort and spa for the wedding of Whitney and Arthur. Whitney has invited her three best friends from college—Ginger, Emily, and Kate—even though they've not spoken much in all the years that have passed. (Especially Ginger and Emily, who still harbor a serious grudge from those
Kristy
Four women—old college friends—are reunited at the elegant Banks wedding. They haven’t been in touch in ages and some hold grudges. There's Ginger, a receptionist and weary mom of three. Ginger's former college roommate, Emily, now a marketing manager. She and Ginger no longer speak and Emily seems to be harboring a pile of secrets. There's Kate, a beautiful and well-off lawyer, whose boyfriend breaks up with her the day before the festivities. They all knew the bride, Whitney, in college. At th ...more
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
An extravagant wedding at the Serenity Resort and Spa ends in a death and four women confessing to murder… This is a perfect beach-read. The drama of four former friends who lost touch reconnecting was popcorn-worthy. Add in a murder and four independent confessions, I was so curious to find out what was going on!

About the Book

Whitney Debleu is marrying up…way up. At the Debleu-Banks wedding at a swanky California resort, no expense is spared on the week-long extravaganza. Four women arrive for
Lisa Leone-campbell
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When old college friends reunite after being estranged for years for one of their own's wedding, it should be a very joyous, happy occasion. But that certainly was not in the cards. A murder has been committed and it seems they have all confessed. But it can only be one of them.

These college friends who are now somewhat strangers to each other all believe the other's lives are perfect. But all is not as it seems.

The gathering includes Kate, who is fashion model beautiful, wealthy and does not ha
Myrna
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
friends…..secrets…. murder….oh my!

Pretty Guilty Women is a good chick lit mystery thriller set at a wedding resort. The story follows four women (3 of them reconnecting after years of being apart) that have secrets and all confess to the murder. This book unravels slowly (with a few twists) until it reaches the revelation of the murder/victim. If you are wondering.....yes, this is reminiscent of Big Little Lies but not a replica. This one makes the perfect beach read even in October.
Sherri Thacker
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review. This book was just ok. 4 women confessed to the same murder and the book has a lot of characters (and all of their backstories) you have to keep track of. By mid way through I really didn’t care who committed the murder and had lost interest but read till the end.
ABookwormWithWine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

Pretty Guilty Women by Gina LaManna was such a fun book to read, and even though I had a big part of the ending figured out before it happened, I still highly recommend reading this joy of a book!

What it's about: The Banks wedding is going to be a huge week-long affair, and Whitney who is marrying into the Banks' family invites her old college friends Ginger, Kate, and Emily to the wedding where they also meet Lulu who is married to a Banks' family member. All of these women basicall
Lucy Banks
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Entertaining and sassy, though a slightly strange premise.

I adored Big Little Lies, and this book immediately reminded me of that, so I simply HAD to request it. For the most part, I was really engaged with it, though I have to say, the entire premise was a little bit bonkers, and fairly unbelievable to boot.

It's Whitney's wedding, and her old school friends (who haven't seen each other in years) are flying over to
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com

Pretty Guilty Women is the latest salacious read from Gina LaManna, a USA Today bestselling author with over thirty novels to her name. Pretty Guilty Women represents LaManna’s first foray into the domestic women’s fiction sphere. Pretty Guilty Women is a novel defined by plenty of chaotic drama, secrets, strained relationships and murder.

Four friends from college descend on the spectacular Serenity resort and spa, nestled on the Californian coastline. They
Sue
PRETTY GUILTY WOMEN is a psychological crime suspense fiction novel by Gina LaManna.

Four women, college friends are reunited at the luxurious Serenity Resort on the Californian coast for the classy extravagant wedding of the year for one of their women college friend’s … when something goes horribly wrong . . .

Ginger is an overworked, mother of three who's barely holding the family together when she learns a secret about her daughter that could ruin everything. She worked double shifts to be abl
Linda Strong
Best friends during their college years, four women gather at the sight of an extravagant wedding by one of them. Having not seen seen or communicated since college, they are not all happy to be there.

They each bring their husbands, boyfriends, children. It's like watching a drama unfold. With a homicide detective questioning each of the guests, and those that they brought with them, including the bridal couple.

Seems that a man was murdered during the rehearsal dinner, and unfortunately for the
Denise
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A man lies dead under a collapsed pergola on the grounds of the exquisite Serenity Spa & Resort -- the site of the impending DeBleu/Banks wedding. Detective Ramone begins to question the witnesses and the story they tell becomes extremely complicated as four women all claim to have been the sole killer. Reminiscent of BIG LITTLE LIES, this very entertaining novel is impossible to put down and begs to be read in a single sitting!

Told from the viewpoints of the main characters in alternating chapt
Nicole Chinnici
Pretty Guilty Women was an entertaining mystery/thriller that was a lot of fun to read!

The premise for this book serves as an intriguing hook: four different women confess to killing the same man and say that no one else was involved in the murder. The question is, why? This story is told through the perspectives of each of these four women, interspersed with interviews the detective on the case has with various suspects and witnesses. And this structure, along with short chapters, works well he
Suzanne thebookblondie
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty Guilty Women by @ginalamanna
⚪️
“Let’s cut to the chase and save us some time— I am responsible for a man’s death tonight. Is that what you needed to hear?”
⚪️
A group of former college roommates get together to celebrate the marriage of one of their friends. The story takes place at a fancy resort in California. Despite the fact that the former besties have become estranged, they somehow get mixed up in a murder... and the story unravels from there.
⚪️
I received this book as an ARC courtesy
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four woman old college friends reunite at an exclusive spa and resort for the elegant wedding. They haven’t been in touch for years and some of them are holding grudges. Ginger a mother of three whose exhausted. Her former college roommate and once best friend Emily is a marketing manager and seems to be hiding a pile of secrets. Kate whose gorgeous and a lawyer whose boyfriend dumps her the day before the wedding. They all know the bride Whitney from college. At the resort where the wedding is ...more
amanda
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m in a mood today. I had vacation last week so you can just imagine the mood I was at work THIS week dealing with fun customers demanding their donuts and frosted cakes 🙂

What I wouldn’t give for a massage…I thought as a child licked the dirty glass containing butter cookies.
Oh god, I would kill for some drinks on the beach, I salivated as a woman screamed at me over the phone furious that we would not open the shop on Sunday for her and only her.

When I realized that the setting of this book wa
Julie Parks
This is a well written and rather unputdownable new take on Big Little Lies. I guess this says a lot about the plot for anyone who's either read the book or watched the series. So, yes the necessary keywords like abuse and redemption are potentially there...

However, the inevitable question who's-dead is ever so exciting to guess and Gina LaManna's stellar character development leaves a load for imagination.

I rarely can say that I flip open the first chapter just to take a peek and before I know
Kristy
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story line! A reminder that you never know what someone else is going/has gone through. We often judge others by their social media or from a distance and think the grass is greener. Meanwhile...someone is doing the same to us while we wallow in our misery. The grass is always greener! Most of our problems are minuscule in the scheme of things. The author did an excellent job of developing each character without making the book seem overly gossipy. Your wheels will be turning trying to fig ...more
Olga
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
A quick and easy read, not particularly well written and rather predictable. I like the concept of the murder victim not being revealed till the very end, but it was clumsily executed and felt almost grotesque in places. I didn't find the story either suspenseful or thrilling.

Many thanks to Netgalley and the Little Brown publishers for the ARC.
Bridget
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty Guilty Women was a great, fun read and my first by Gina LaManna.

More women’s melodrama than the thriller I had anticipated, this was still an extremely enjoyable read. The plot was intriguing, the story well-written and I flew through this well-crafted tale.

Certainly a page turner, Pretty Guilty Women was cleverly told via detectives interrogations and back-story chapters. I appreciated the comedic aspect, as well and the shocking twists at the end.

If you are rather partial to books abou
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
The title of this book sounds much like Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty but this is not the same book. Not even close. This one tells a choppy tale of four different women who are together at a wedding. Three are old college friends of the bride (although they haven't spoken in years) and the fourth is a woman in her 70's (family) and enjoys hanging out at the bar. In fact, most of this book involved wine or champagne drinking.

We know from the beginning that a man is dead. We don't know who
Heidi
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stars: A murder mystery plot that follows four women with messy lives.

The Banks wedding is supposed to be a lavish affair, it is being held at a high end resort with no expense spared. The wedding is also a chance to reunite four old college friends. Unfortunately, something goes terribly wrong the night before the wedding. A man is murdered and four different women claim to be the one who killed him. Why would these women all confess to the same crime? What are they hiding?
What I Liked:

• The Argument
  • Our New Normal
  • The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley, #3)
  • The Dead Girl in 2A
  • The Nine
  • The Secrets He Kept
  • Lady in the Lake
  • The Killer You Know
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Campusland
  • Keeping Lucy
  • Holiday Roast Mortem (Killer Coffee #7)
  • I Wanted You To Know
  • Layover
  • Her Perfect Lies
  • The Sisters of Summit Avenue
  • The Accidental Life Swap
Originally from St. Paul, Minnesota, Gina LaManna has also called Italy and Los Angeles home. After studying numbers and equations in college, she realized multiple choice tests were “just not for her” and began writing books instead. She loves cappuccino foam and whipped cream and would subsist solely on sprinkles if possible. She currently lives in St. Paul with her wonderful husband and family.