Start by marking “The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)

The Highlander's Christmas Bride

(Clan Kendrick #2)

In bestselling author Vanessa Kelly's irresistible Clan Kendrick series, Christmas in the Highlands means family, celebration—and for one brother, the beginning of a passionate adventure...

Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published October 29th 2019 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Christmas Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Christmas Bride

Start your review of The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)
eyes.2c
Feisty lass won my heart!

Near to Christmas 1819, and Donella Haddon, the Flower of Clan Graham, who'd fled to a convent three years before when her engagement ended has just been given a shock. Now the convent is returning her. It seems that her vocation is in doubt, if not dead in the water.
Logan Kendrick, a wealthy widower has returned from Canada to more firmly establish his Shipping business. He been negotiating financial matters with Lord Ruddick and agrees to escort his grandniece home.
Barbara Rogers
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2019-read
Series: Clan Kendrick #2
Publication Date: 11/1/19
Number of Pages: 432

This second book in the series can easily be read as a stand-alone as long as you realize that there are many characters that are crossovers from other series as well as those that are included in this series. There are characters from How to Marry a Royal Highlander (The Renegade Royals series) and The Highlander's Princess Bride (The Improper Princesses series). The Kendrick family was introduced and featured in The
Tracy Emro
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Donella Haddon retired to a convent 3 years ago when her cousin Alec, who is her betrothed, married another woman and her mother tried to kill him, but now the nuns have decided that Donella doesn’t have a true calling and have asked her to leave. Her uncle Earl Riddick is in business negotiations with Logan Kendrick and asks him to escort Donella home.

Logan Kendrick has only recently returned to Scotland after many years of self-imposed exile in Canada after the death of his brother Nick’s son.
Candace
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meg - A Bookish Affair
"The Highlander's Christmas Bride" is a tasty holiday confection about Donella, a woman who finds herself back home after failing to become a nun like she originally planned. She is being protected by Logan Kendrick, a man who is not expecting to have to protect someone like Donella. She is not a weak, fainting lady. Logan quickly realizes that the unexpected is just what he needs.

We still have just under two months until Christmas and with the weather starting to feel chilly, I've been looking
Lori Meehan
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
4.5*
This is such a wonderful book about two people who have suffered through years of guilt and or grief. To finally find forgiveness and peace and a future that they did not think they deserved or would ever find.
Donella Haddon is a strong highlander lass that knows her own mind but is conflicted with her past blunders that she’s feeling very guilty about and imposes her own punishment.
Logan Kendrick is full of love and strength but because of a past mistake, he’s lived a life of guilt. He
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the second book in the Clan Kendrick series, but it can definitely be read as a stand-alone title. Donella Haddon ran off to hide in a convent 3 years ago when her cousin Alec, who was her betrothed, married another woman. Her mother, a bit unstable, tried to kill him. The nuns have recently decided, dowry or not, Donella is not nun material and have asked her to leave. Her uncle, the Earl Riddick, has asked Logan Kendrick to escort her home. Logan is in the midst of business ...more
Elodie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander's Christmas Bride
Clan Kendrick Series #2
Vanessa Kelly
Release date 10/29/2019
Publisher Kensington/Zebra

Blurb :

Being thrown over by the man she expected to marry was humiliating enough. Now that Donella Haddon, grandniece of the Earl of Riddick, has also proven a failure as a nun, she has no choice but to return to her family’s estate. The brawny Highlander sent to escort her is brash, handsome, and the only thing standing between Donella and
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book in the series. Donella and Logan were perfect! I loved Joseph who is so sweet. I loved that this was a bit of an adventure at first but then It slowed down and was just two people getting to know each other and falling in love! Perfect! Can’t wait for the next one!
Becky
A new author for me! This books is 2nd in the Clan Kendrick series.

Donella is being cast out of the convent, the nuns saying she just doesn't have what it takes. Our hero Logan is the one to escort her back to her family. This couple gets roped into all sorts of scenarios together. You might like it if you like action, lots of characters, and/or Scottish romance. If you've read this author prior and have enjoyed, I'm guessing you would enjoy this as well.

Me, however. I was not a fan. I am
Robin Loves Reading
She'll never be a nun. But, she was oh, so close. Fairly well kicked out of the convent, Donella Haddon, grandniece of the Earl of Riddick, is about to return to her family home.

The highlander sent to collect Donella is Logan Kendrick. Accompanied by two grooms, after a day or two, Logan hopes to have deposited to woman at her family's estate. Nothing like that happens, however. Instead, more than a few days pass, and they face grave danger.

Logan wonders why Donella was sent to the convent in
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
After her betrothed returned home to marry another woman and the resulting family scandal, Donella Haddon left home to join a convent. But just shy of become a nun she is given no choice but to leave the convent and find a new direction for her life. Logan Kendrick is tasked with escorting her home from the convent to her family estate. Their journey immediately finds trouble as their party is accosted by kidnappers, as the scandal from her past comes back to haunt her.
__________________________
Nursebookie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an entertaining read!!! I enjoyed this one very much!

Donella Haddon fled to a convent after her engagement ended and now the convent doesn't believe she belongs there and have asked her to leave amidst scandals and rumors. Logan Kendrick returns from Canada for business agrees to escort Donella back home and got in the middle of a kidnapping, and this was just the beginning.

I enjoyed this story line very much and thought it was exciting, moved fast, had a lot of adventure/action sequence
AnnMarie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Highlander's Christmas Bride is the second book in the Clan Kendrick series by Vanessa Kelly. Although part of a series it can easily be read as a standalone book.

Donella Haddon joined a convent after she was involved in a scandal. She thought the best place for her would be away from everything. Unfortunately, life as a nun wasn't to be for her, she was hurt when before she could become a full-fledged nun she was advised to go back out into the world and truly decide if a nun's life was for
Isha Coleman
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bring on the adventure. Step into the romance. Escape into the unknown. The Highlander's Christmas Bride pushes the hot buttons of the heart with an imaginative blend of intrigue, romance and danger. Kelly delivers a tale of passion, a battle of hope and a leap of faith, that speaks to the romantic soul. Donella and Logan refused to be tamed. My heart wouldn't have it any other way.

Monique
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After three years in a convent and a few months shy of taking her final vows, Donella Haddon was dismissed and told to go home to Blairgal Castle. Logan Kendrick started a shipping and trading company while in Canada, and he hopes to do business with Donella's great-uncle, the Earl of Riddick. So when the earl asked him to escort Donella as a favour, Logan could hardly refuse. It's only a two-day journey, or it should have been, had they not met with villains along the way determined to kidnap ...more
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
Even though I have been very aware of Ms Kelly’s books for a while and have quite a few on my bookshelf/kindle shelf, this is actually the first time I have actually sat down and read her work – believe me, I have been missing out on something here, I can definitely assure you that as soon as possible those books I already have will be devoured. This is the second book in the Clan Kendrick series, as I haven’t read the first book, yet I can honestly say that it is very much a stand-alone, even ...more
Nursebookie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an entertaining read!!! I enjoyed this one very much!

Norah Gibbons
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. The Highlander’s Christmas Bride by Vanessa Kelly is the second book in her exciting Clan Kendrick Series. Characters from some of her other series play roles in this book so if you are new to Vanessa Kelly and enjoy this one, you have lots more great books to read. We meet the heroine Donella Haddon just as she is being asked to leave the convent where she has spent the last 3 years. Donella is a wonderful ...more
Shelby Barbee
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romances
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
A beautiful holiday romance that is sure to sweep any reader off their feet. Cheery, spunky and full of merriment, this one will be staying in my library long after the holidays are over. 5/5 stars
Luz Trevino
3 stars!
This is the second book in the Clan Kendrick series.
I liked both Logan and Donella, but the story was just an okay read for me. It didn't wow me. Unfortunately, I found myself skimming some parts at the beginning even though the book starts of in its first chapters with an adventure for our two MCs. They suffer through some failed kidnapping attempts, yet it still felt underwhelming. There was a lot of bantering and clashing of wills between them that at some point I was bored with
Jessica Grogan
This title moved along rather slowly for me, but I did like both Donella and Logan. I do wish I had read the previous title as sometimes I felt a little lost.

*I received an eARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Audra (Unabridged Chick)
"Don't think too long, because you're not that charming," Nick said. "She just might choose a nunnery, after all."

Despite my love of romances, I've somehow never gotten onto the Christmas romance train, which is odd because I do love Christmas movies (although I am firmly against Love Actually as either a sentimental holiday tradition or a movie to be liked; but I also believe both Die Hard and Bridget Jones's Diary are Christmas movies so take what you will from this.)

All that to say: Vanessa
Niki
Successful businessman Logan Kendrick is trying to spread his timber and fur trading enterprise from Canada into his native Scotland. he's working on a deal with the Earl of Riddick that would help him do just that, so when that gentleman asks Logan to do him a wee favor and fetch his grandniece back home from a convent, he really can't refuse.

Miss Donella Haddon is ashamed to have failed at both her expected marriage and her attempt to become a nun. Now she must return to her uncle's castle and
Evelyn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

THE HIGHLANDER’S CHRISTMAS BRIDE, the second book in the Clan Kendrick series by bestselling author Vanessa Kelly, is a delightful holiday story filled with wonderful characters, humor, adventure and intrigue. While it always helps to have read the previous books in a series, it didn’t seem necessary in this case. It is a solid standalone novel.

High spirited Donella Haddon was forced by scandal to leave her family and enter into a convent. When it became apparent that she was not cut out to
Carole Burant
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an absolute delight to read and I'm still giggling at all the antics that Logan and Donella's families get up to!! Loved all the humor and could just picture it all in my mind:)

This is Logan and Donella's story and what a story it is! Logan is a widower and has a 6 year old son, Donella lived in a convent for 3 years and was just about ready to become a nun when she was told to go home because she's just not "nun material". They meet when Logan shows up to escort her home and on the
Lori D
What's not to love about this enchanting, humorous, romantic story about a sigh worthy highlander and an impetuous, high spirited lass? Not one thing, it was splendid! Vanessa Kelly never disappoints with the wonderful characters and storylines she creates.
Donella Haddon has been dismissed from the convent. She was just not "nun" material. The thought it would help prevent a scandal and give her a chance to redeem herself was not to be. I could only chuckle as she was given her orders to leave!
Alana Bloom
Romance, angst, and large mouthy Scots made A Highlander’s Christmas Bride a fun addition to the Kendrick Clan series. I own the first book in the series but I haven’t managed to read it yet! That said, this novel works well as a standalone. Kelly expertly weaves background information into the story without detracting from Logan and Donella’s romance.

Logan was definitely a swoon-worthy hero. I would be perfectly happy to have him tossing my assailants over the bridge as he whisks me to safety.
Mary Hart
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was ok

The beginning started out quite interesting. The interaction between Logan and Donella was good. I liked how Donella got on with Logan's son and the intimate scenes were OK. The middle part of the book introduced a cast of family. Perhaps the author thinks that clan life was about relatives always being around, always having their say and in my opinion just generally getting in the way. Just in case you forgot it was set in scotland there's lots of och the noo and did you ken. Logan
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Joy to the Duke (Love is All Around #3)
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • The Gift of the Marquess (Love is All Around #2)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • The Red Hot Earl (Love is All Around #1)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • The Taming of Lord Scrooge (Infamous Lords, #3.5)
  • The Duke's Embrace (12 Dukes of Christmas #7)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • London's Late Night Scandal (Midnight Secrets, #3)
  • Night of the Scoundrel (The Devils of Dover, #3.5)
  • To Wed a Wild Scot (Besotted Scots, #2)
  • How to Capture a Duke
  • The Marquis She's Been Waiting For (The Marriage Game, #9)
  • Highland Jewel (Royal Highlander, #2)
Vanessa Kelly is the award-winning and USA Today bestselling author of The Improper Princesses series, the Clan Kendrick, The Renegade Royals, and The Stanton Family series, in addition to other historical romances. Named by Booklist as one of the “Stars of Historical Romance,” her books have been translated into nine languages and published internationally. In graduate school, Vanessa specialized ...more

Clan Kendrick (3 books)
  • The Highlander Who Protected Me (Clan Kendrick #1)
  • The Highlander's English Bride (Clan Kendrick, #3)