Start by marking “Valentine Gold” as Want to Read:
Valentine Gold

Valentine Gold

A Second Chance Clean & Wholesome Romance with Small Town Charm

Her chances of finding a Valentine are about as good as striking gold, but an old cabin, a new neighbor, and the mountain of Good Hope just might shift the odds.

When Natalie Boyd inherits an old cabin in the north Georgia mountains, she thinks it could be the answer to all of her problems. She’s ready to st
Published February 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Gold

Start your review of Valentine Gold
Cathy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’d read Danielle Thorne’s Regency romances before this and I enjoyed them. But it’s always fun to realize that an author you’ve liked before can write other types of romance as well. And she’s equally good at it.

This one is a contemporary second chance type romance. I loved every bit of it, from the little town of Good Hope to the characters to the romance. It’s just so well-written.

Natalie is a great character. She’s been hurt by her ex-husband and she really wants nothing to do with people at
Trixi
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
True, not all that glittered was gold, but all that was truly golden didn't always come in a sparkling package.

As Natalie Boyd navigates a new path for her life, moving into the mountain cabin her aunt Polly left her, she discovers treasure. Not so much the precious gems or gold once mined in the Appalachians, but in the peaceful setting and community that embraced her late aunt. Setting her heart against anything to do with love, being burnt by her ex-husband, will she be able to open old wou
Dawn Pearson
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Boyd has decided that moving into the mountain cabin left to her by her aunt is what she needs to do in order to recover from her divorce. Leaving everything and everyone behind, she returns to the small town where she spent her summers growing up. The only difference now is that she's here to stay and enjoy the peace and quiet and solitude.

What she doesn't plan on is her handsome neighbor, Jonathan Wilby, and his plans to build rental properties. One part of her wants to get to know th
Amy Koster
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Valentine Gold is a story of true love. It is a story that will capture your attention from the very beginning to the very end. Sometimes in life you just need a fresh start and what better place to do it than a beautiful mountain setting in a quaint small town. Don’t get comfortable, though, because life tends to have different plans. Plus having a handsome new neighbor helps too.

Natalie is so fun, and I found myself just rooting for her happiness. She needed to feel love and the sense of belon
BP34
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes we have to filter through a bad relationship to find the golden one. Fate brought Natalie and Jonathan together as neighbors. A slow burn and some great chemistry. This was a sweet romance that I enjoyed. They found out that all glitter is not gold and not all gold glitters. They were made for each other and together they healed their wounded hearts. I read an arc and voluntarily chose to review. Clean and heartwarming.
Nicole
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve only read one book by Danielle Thorne — A Pirate at Pembroke — and I loved it. When I saw Valentine Gold and read the premise, I knew I needed to purchase this novel ASAP. What a great read! I enjoyed everything about this book: the sweet characters, the chemistry, the slight disdain for Valentine’s Day, and the thematic discussion on not getting caught up in gossip. Valentine Gold is a sweet clean romance I highly recommend this Valentine season.

Gossip is such an easy trap to fall into. I
Phyllis
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her chances of finding a Valentine are about as good as striking gold

My rating is 3.5 stars

It is always interesting reading a new genre from an author you are familiar with. I read A Pirate at Pembroke, by Danielle Thorne last year.

Valentine Gold is a contemporary romance, set in the beautiful North Georgia mountains. I really enjoyed the author’s descriptions of the beauty of the area, with the mountains, streams and even waterfalls. It made me want to pack up immediately and go for a visit!

Jon
Rachel Hodges
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Valentine Gold is a heartwarming romance that fits perfectly in it's sweet/clean genre. It was easy to read and Danielle Thorne me feel delightfully immersed in the lower Appalachians. As a person who has benefited from a second chance at love, I think the author did a pretty good job of describing the panic one goes through when learning to trust someone after a bad relationship, and the characters seemed real and believable. It was a pleasant, wholesome book that I'd have no problem giving a 1 ...more
Janene
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read

What engaged me:

• I liked the premise of a woman moving to a rural cabin in Good Hope, Georgia, to start her life again after a divorce.
• Natalie moved to Good Hope to live a simple rural life. She was upset when she found out that her neighbor, Jonathan, was going to subdivide his land for vacation cabin rentals. She was sure everything was going to turn out noisy and visually horrible. She was thinking of a worse case scenario.
• I was invested in this story from the beginning
Gary Dean
Nice Afternoon Escape

After a hectic week it was nice to escape to the north Georgia mountains into the lives of Jonathan and Natalie. I really appreciated the virtue of the book and would have no problems recommending it to a teen. I also think it would make a great Hallmark movie. ~ D
Judy G
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The scenery was so well described that it felt like you were there. If you like a clean Christian romance, you will like this book.
Tiffany
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love finding good clean love stories. Contains kisses only also the characters attend church and talk about God but it is not preachy nor would I define it as Christian fiction.
D'anah
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

A nice story about another chance at happiness. About "coming home" in more ways than one. Has a "homey" feeling to the whole story. An enjoyable read.
Dawn Swansbrough
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, satisfying read

I loved this short & sweet story, Valentine Gold. The characters were charming and the setting was picture perfect for this heartwarming story.
Korri
Amanda Parry
Mar 28, 2019
Melissa
May 20, 2019
Clean Romances: Southern Second Chance Romance On Sale for .99 2 10 Jun 19, 2019 09:45AM
Clean Romances: New Valentine's Day Clean Romance 6 23 Feb 28, 2019 09:52PM
Happily Ever Afte...: New Valentine's Day Clean Romance 1 22 Feb 13, 2019 09:14AM

• Lakeshire Park
  • The Captain and Miss Winter (Forever After Retellings #2)
  • The Fiance's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance #6)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • More Than We Remember
  • Her App, a Match, and the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Cove)
  • A Love She Would Never Forget
  • Under the Stars
  • Valley of Dreams (Longing for Home, #5)
  • Don't Ditch a Detective (Strong Family Romance Book 4)
  • Crosscheck (Northbrook Hockey Elite #4)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Second Impressions
  • Northern Hearts (Heroes of the Tundra)
  • Just As I Am (Unfailing Love Book 1)
  • A Cowboy's Wild Heart: A Valentine's Day Novella
  • A Treasure Brought by Fate: A Historical Western Romance Book
  • Blind Dates, Bridesmaids & Other Disasters
Danielle Thorne is the author of classic romance and adventure in several genres. She loves Jane Austen, pirates, beaches, cookies, antiques, cats, dogs, and long naps. She does not like phone calls or sushi. A graduate of BYU-Idaho, Danielle saw early work published by Every Day Fiction, Arts and Prose Magazine, Mississippi Crow, The Nantahala Review, StorySouth, and… you get the idea. Besides wr ...more