Start by marking “The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley” as Want to Read:
The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley

The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When Darby McPhee falls in love with Cayo Bradley, a wild cowboy from a nearby ranch, her world is ripped apart. Caught in a lifeless existence of caring for her father and brothers since her mother’s death, Darby does little else but work. But a death-bed promise to her mother to get her education now stands in the way of her heart’s desire to belong to the rough-and-tumb ...more
Paperback, Paperback, 254 pages
Published February 21st 2019 by Prairie Rose Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Cynthia Hamilton
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are some stories that grab you from the first sentence, and there are others that build tension and depth slowly. “The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley” manages to do both as it shuttles back and forth between young Darby McPhee and renegade Connor Bradley.

Darby is a young woman in a household of men; she dreams of a life away from the family ranch, where she can study to be a schoolteacher, as her late-mother wanted her to do. She also dreams about Cayo Bradley, the enigmatic cowboy who has s
Cynthia Hamilton

Rose
I love historical westerns. I think it goes back to sitting with my Grandfather watching his old cowboy shows when I was young. So when author Nina Romano mentioned she had a western historical romance book coming out, I was absolutely thrilled! I am a huge fan of Ms. Romano’s work, she’s an author who puts her heart and soul into her writing. Her stories are always extremely well researched, rich with emotion, romance, and exquisite writing.

Connor “Cayo” Bradley is a young man who’s experienced
Anna Casament Arrigo
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cayo was captured b by the Jacrillo tribe,.Darby makes a promise to her dying mother. Both struggling with personal demons/trauma.Cayo, hard,rogh around the edges and one who is not easily swayed by a pretty face *among other issues). Darby, is coping with the fact that she has,essentially, put her life on hold, i.e. her education to be a school 'marm' as her dying mom had wanted her to be as an adult.
Nina Romano has once again created a true engaging,page-turning adventure. Moreover, the accura
Milana Marsenich
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nina Romano has written an astounding love story. Darby McPhee promises her dying mother that she'll get an education. When the time comes to travel east to begin her schooling, she only has one problem. She loves Cayo Bradley. Cayo Bradley lives with the ghosts of his past. While he is able to forgive the horrific acts of others, he is unable to forgive himself. His saving grace is his love for Darby McPhee. “Wild things know each other, I suppose,” Romano writes. Darby and Cayo know each other ...more
Ivy Logan
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nina Romano's 'The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley' is a love story between a pair of star crossed lovers whose own ambitions, fears, deep rooted insecurities get in the way of their coming together.

Cayo is a white boy raised as an Indian and shunned by the all white community he lives in but his love for Darby burns bright.Can he forget his past long enough to embrace the love the Darby offers him?

And Darby, she is torn between her desire to be the proper young lady her mother wanted her to be, th
C.A. Asbrey
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nina Romano has a real talent for creating characters with a veracity which grabs you the minute you open the book. Darby is an engaging young woman, on the threshold of life, who finds the road between her and the love of her life strewn with difficulties and obstructions.

Her research and historical detail really lends a magnificent, and visual, backdrop to this beautiful love story. Her hero is a wonderful man, burdened by his past, compellingly damaged, and with a decent core.

For lovers of t
Robyn Echols
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense Romance

Quite an interesting but intense sensual romance. Good characters and well-done back story well-paced that added suspense and interest to the story.
S.S. Bazinet
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A poignant story of love and how it can test the spirit of those who try to hold on to it!

This story begins in the summer of 1874 in ranching country located in New Mexico. Darby McPhee lives on a ranch with her widowed father and her four brothers. She’s only turning sixteen, but with her mother gone, she takes care of her brothers and father, and she does the job very well. In other words, she’s one of those strong, determined women whom we think of when we imagine the pioneer women who helped
Kenneth
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley is another winner from award-winning novelist, Nina Romano. In the novel, Romano takes the reader back to the old west of the 19th century where we are introduced to the protagonists, Darby McPhee, an innocent young woman ready to enter the adult world, and Cayo Bradley, a local ranch hand who was abducted as a boy and raised by the Jicarilla Apache Tribe. Darby and Cayo are in love and Ms. Romano brings them together in scenes that smolder. But will the lovers be ...more
Pat Wahler
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A farm girl makes a promise to her dying mother. A young cowboy's past haunts him. Their attraction simmers, but these unlikely lovers are met with a mountain of obstacles. Deception, betrayal, and obligation keep them apart, leaving the reader to wait and wonder - will Darby and Cayo successfully overcome the odds?

This is a well-researched and compelling love story set during a fascinating time period in the American West. The author weaves in details that drew me into the authenticity of the s
Jane Brownley
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel is historical fiction, romance and western all in one.
Nina Romano is a beautiful writer. Her stories are visual to the reader —-
I can picture every scene.
Romano has obviously done a tremendous amount of research on the
Jicarilla Apache Indians which are a part of this exciting novel.
The love story between Darby and Cayo is so tender and touching.
They are so real and very lovable characters.
I love, love, loved this book and highly recommend it to all readers.
Darby Karchut
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I really liked this story! How could I not when the main character’s name is Darby? I know, right? But seriously, this was such a rollercoaster of a tale. As Cayo and Darby struggled to move beyond their pasts and find their destinies, I was cheering for them to find love. I don’t read a lot of historical fictional Westerns (mostly non-fiction), but this one was a real page turner, and I enjoyed learning a bit more about that time period.
Catherine Siemann
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well-researched and engaging Western historical romance, with an appealing heroine and a haunting, haunted hero. I learned a great deal about Native American culture in that time and place, as well as everyday life on the range.
Ruth Garcia
Robin Davis
Sep 15, 2019
Amy Hartsough
Aug 04, 2019
Nina Romano's latest novel, The Girl Who Loved Cayo Bradley, a Western, Historical Romance with a great deal of Native American research in it, has been released February 2019 from Prairie Rose Publications.

Her Wayfarer Trilogy has been published by Turner Publishing. Book #1 of the Historical Saga: The Secret Language of Women was a Foreword Reviews Indie-Fab Book Award Finalist. The novel won t