Start by marking “Creek Bait” as Want to Read:
Creek Bait

Creek Bait

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
“Creek Bait” is a collection of fourteen stories exploring a range of genres. Each story portrays the world of characters who escape from life. Some succeed, others face heartbreak and the lucky ones find redemption. From the isolation of a husband and wife to a magician who offers a ray of hope reading these stories is a journey that is passionate, surprising and sometime ...more
Published January 30th 2019 by New Meridian Arts

To ask other readers questions about Creek Bait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creek Bait

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Creek Bait
T.S.
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lutman brings forth a collection of fourteen short stories that throws readers into the emotional lives of people escaping from life. Each story reveals the world of characters who have almost given up on life. Some of them succeed, others face heartbreak, and a few lucky ones find redemption. Frequently caught between hopeless despair and passing pragmatism, Lutman’s characters are as susceptible as they are intriguing.

The stories vary in tone. In the Creek Bait, the protagonist struggles to d
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Ok. I typically really love to read anthologies. Sometimes I like to be able to read a short story in between other books. Other times I'll just read straight through. This one, I just read the whole book in one sitting.

Most times, I enjoy the more of the stories than not. I regret to say that really wasn't the case here. I didn't hate them all! I'd say it was about 50/50. And, they honestly didn't feel like they were all written by the same author. I guess that threw me a little. Al
Gregg
marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2019
A retired Tech Writer, Richard Lutman has a BA in English from Windham College and a MFA in Writing from Vermont College.
He has taught composition and literature courses at Rhode Island Community College, Fairfield University, The Learning Connection in Providence, Rhode Island, and short story classes as part of Coastal Carolina University's Lifelong Learning program.
He has published over two d