Start by marking “Whiteout (Unexpected #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiteout (Unexpected #1)

Whiteout

(Unexpected #1)

The closeted sports star and a straight paramedic, the heli-skiing trip that traps the two men on a mountain and a game of twenty questions. What could go wrong? Or will it be the moment they get all they've ever wanted? In discovering their bisexuality, will Reef and Ford be brave enough to reach for each other?

Pro-snowboarder, Reef Reid, is at the peak of his career. He
Published February 20th 2016 by Ann Grech

To ask other readers questions about Whiteout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiteout

☆ Todd
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine

This one was at times corny and a bit cheesy, but nothing too crazy, so I did actually enjoy this light and fluffy free Kindle Unlimited read quite a bit.

I probably won't remember much about it, but it was a good filler read for me, so if you're looking for something sugary and sweet, this might fit the bill.

I do have to ask, though...

WHO THE HELL ARE THE GUYS ON THIS COVER SUPPOSED TO BE ???

In the book, Ford is 33, with chocolate brown curls. CURLS for Christ's sake!

And Reef is 25, with blond
Susan
Sep 22, 2016 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 16%

Nope, can’t do this. The writing is not my style.

I don’t buy for one second that you would notice another man’s pretty eyes when you have always identified as straight, and you’re in the middle of a snowstorm, trying not to die.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
When I saw there were two formerly straight guys finding their bi-ness in the blurb, and decent ratings, I figured, what the hell. I'm sad to say this did not work for so many reasons. Mostly because these two characters were moved along at the speed of light. It was more than my suspension of disbelief could handle. The only points it got was for not having the guys actually fall into bed during their first three days together. However, they were both having insta-boners the day they met, like ...more
Ele
Apr 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bi-erasure and magic penis galore. Failed and weird attempt at GFY, maybe? Bad writing too. Also, you 're an idiot when people throw insults at you, calling you a fag, and you just laugh like it's the best joke ever. Give me a break.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Mar 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather K (dentist in my spare time) by: Crystal
Kindle freebie 3/28/17 :)
Christelle
2.5 stars, rounded up because it was an enjoyable read at the beginning for the first third of the book (a pro snowborder and a mountain rescuer who have to survive through a snow storm and realized they can be attracted to men and are attracted to each other). Then, it went completely OTT for my tastes and I couldn't get back into the story.
Line
Aug 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 00-dnf
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Whiteout-Une...
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that I read the blurb and thought okay two guys one straight and one bisexual find each other and fall in love or lust whichever. So I was like could happen because I know someone who that has happened to and he is happily with his partner. So I said okay I want to read this. So I am going to be honest here and say that the first half of the book had me like whoop whoop rooting for these two to give it a go and give each other a chance to be together.

Then there was some thin
Nathan Burgoine
So, this book showed up in my in-box as a recommendation for an LGBT read, and as a freebie. I clicked it, read the description, saw the part about "opposite sex" and thought, oh, cool, a bisexual character. The blurb read like two bi guys of very different types (one a settle-downer, one a one-night-stand sort) finding chemistry and going from there.

So, to be clear for those of you who misread the blurb like I did, that's not what this book is at all. Instead, it's a double gay-for-you, and the
Jaime
4.5 stars to this Hot Gay For You Story

This is a fun, easy read and you will fall in love with the MC Ford and Reef. I enjoyed watching these two straight guys as they were drawn to each other, attracted to each other and eventually as they give in to those desires. There is very little conflict in this story and the supporting characters don't have much of a role.

Reef ends up in Queenstown New Zealand during his off season and find that although it wasn't his original destination it is a fun t
Raj
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one short & really intense read about a snow boarder & a mountain rescuer that is far superior to some novels of a grater length.And the best part of it is that it continues.It has a HFN ending & despite it's cold theme this novelette is blistering hot.
AG Reads
3.5 stars. Not a bad book if a little on the sweet side.
 Lynsey Goddard ❤
Loving the M/M's that are hitting my Kindle, and this one is no exception.

Reef Reid is a pro snowboarder, and a mishap lands him in a New Zealand ski resort, instead of tropical paradise where he wanted some much needed downtime. There he meets Stratford ‘Ford’ Wallace an instructor on the ski slopes. They both get trapped during a whiteout in a cabin where the book really starts to take shape.

The relationship builds steadily between Reef and Ford, it's a good love story and by the end you k
Anna
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Professional snowboarder Reef is trying to take some time off to relax and regroup. He has ended up in NewZealand at a resort where he meets Ford, who does ski rescues on the mountain. They are on their way down a mountain during a heli-skiing adventure when they get trapped in a storm and Ford helps them find their way to one of the mountain's rescue cabins. Several days together has both of them realizing that they are very attracted to one another. This is slightly confusing, since both have ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read
Great read ~ Love Reef and Ford ~

Wow, what a fantastic book about an American snowboarder and a British ski-rescuer. Reef Reid takes a break from his pro snowboard season and decides to head out for a much needed vacation. Ironically, he winds up in a beautiful New Zealand ski resort by mistake, instead of a warm Caribbean island. Siding with fate, he decides to enjoy the beautiful country and heads out on a heli-drop with the resort's rescue worker, Ford Wallace. An avalanche strands the two in
booklover
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**ARC RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW**
REVIEWING FOR ONE CLICK AHOLICS BOOK GROUP
Whiteout certainly isn't a "Whiteout" as we meet Reef and Ford 2 apparently "straight" men.
Reef is just out of a relationship taking a break from training as a snowboarder.
Ford is a medic, single too, who takes Reef on a journey that not only lands them in trouble physically but also mentally.
WOW !! This story was so hot and so well written as we see both men fighting with their feelings, vehemently denying subconsciou
Tina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much. I devoured it in one sitting and and moving onto book 2 as soon as I finish typing this review. I completely fell in love with both of these characters. They are both incredibly strong and were completely going down the wrong path in life without even knowing it. Watching them realize that they were falling for each other fast and not thinking it was anyt other than the adrenaline of the situation they are faced with. You will fall in love with them as the authors take ...more
Shaztwirl
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of what you want in this book. Some humour, a bit if dramatic action, some sizzle and 2 strong men not afraid to explore their feelings. Looking forward to the next book (but a little disappointed to think I had another half hour of reading in this one until turning the page and suddenly see "The end for now".
AussieMum
This was a bit forced, awkward and way too cheesy.
Dig
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 rounded up. I think I found the book that made me realize why I prefer audiobooks.

I liked the premise a lot, but execution was utter failure.

It moved on far too fast for two supposedly straight men that'd never been with another man before -- the homophobia from some of the friends didn't even make sense/ like it was so forced.

Also the giant paragraphs made it really really hard to keep my focus on. I reckon this is why I prefer audio. Someone reading it for me, and I pay more attention.
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
This was an easy, sweet book but their wasn't much distinction between how the two thought/communicated and I kept having to go back a couple pages to see which POV the book was currently in. I did like the slow burn of the attraction between them (although they were awfully good at all the M/M sex for guys who had never done it before). Still it was a enjoyable although I'm not sure if I'll continue the series. I'm not against reading more I'm just not in any hurry to read more.
Bobbie  Bomber
Apr 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-book-reads, lgbt
This wasn't necessarily a bad book the characters were cute the plot was cute but the writing was just so subpar. The first part of the book moved so fast you hardly got to know the characters before the plot was full speed ahead. Also I didn't by either character as being "straight".
Also the time jumping between paragraphs was kind of annoying either end the chapter or make a break before jumping days/weeks ahead.

I am tempted to buy the second book but not to sure if I will.
Kevin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this story unconvincing and poorly proofread. It's about two men lost in a storm and suddenly attracted to each other even though neither are gay and neither have ever had sex with another man.
There are way too many commas that interrupt phrases, and several other punctuation and spelling errors as well.
Daphne
This was fine. Simplistic and MCs were caricatures in part but sweet and fluffy in others.
Kirha
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this arc by the author in exchange for my honest opinion

Reef Reid had his heart broken by a cheating girlfriend. That, coupled with is busy professional snowboarding schedule made his life crazy. He wanted to relax in the sun, but due to a scheduling mishap, he ended up in the mountains instead and it was there that something or someone unexpected happened.

Stratford “Ford” Wallace is a playboy, used to moving from one bed to the next. A rescue worker/expert skier, he was charged with
Zetti
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I am a sucker for M/M romances, it is by far my favourite romance genre. Naturally when I saw this book was up for review, I was all over it!

Reef is on a break from his pro snowboarding career as he needs some downtime after all the upheaval in his life. His ‘Momma bear’ books him on a flight to Queenstown, New Zealand when he actually was supposed to be going to Queensland, Australia. Somehow I think it was a ‘deliberate’ mistake.

He meets Ford, he is his guide/instructor on the ski slopes but u
Kathy
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
. I'll be honest in the beginning the book was a bit slow for me I was not sure if it was going to keep my attention or not but the further along I got into the book it got better. Reef a professional snowboarder needed some time away to chill and relax away from his normal practicing and competitions. His flight was booked to the wrong destination which actually turned out better than he imagined. It was a beautiful place where he could relax and unwind and end up meeting someone who captured h ...more
Kim
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Reef is a vacationing pro-snowboarder who longs for a real relationship, but has been hurt in the past. Ford is a mountain rescuer who does not believe in commitment and does not do repeats. These two strong men find themselves on a snowy mountain in a perilous situation.

Some high adrenaline events lead to danger, suspense, and some surprising reactions for these two straight men. They have to deal with their unexpected attraction, foreign feelings, outside perceptions, and the fact that their
Louise McKie (Clare & Lou's Mad About Books)
Choosing to read this book for me was a major step out of my comfort zone. I don't read MM books, I never have done. It's never appealed to me before but the blurb on this book made me want to read it.

The storyline of the avalanche is fantastic, well written and makes you want to carry on reading to find out what happens next!!!

I'm very glad I read this. I love the chemistry between them. The fact they believe they are straight until they meet reveals to me that they are meant to be together.

I l
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
I love it when I find a new author that can keep me glued to my kindle.
Reef has just broke up with his cheating girlfriend and he needs a break for his fast paced life. He's a pro snowboarder and he needs a nice warm place to relax. Reefs Momma Bear makes a little mistake in his plans and sends him to snowy New Zeland. Of course at this point he doesn't really care, he needs a break. He is booked for a heli-tour. An that's where his life changes for the better. Reef meets Ford.
Ford works for the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Knit Quick (Portland Heat, #4.1)
  • Buzz (The Riley Brothers, #1)
  • A Holiday to Remember (The Breakfast Club #3.2)
  • Indigo Road
  • Piece by Piece (West End #3)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 3: Wake Up Married, Meet the Family, Do the Holidays (Wake Up Married #1-3)
  • How To Save A Life
  • Scrum
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Countdown Until the End of the World (Tigers and Devils, #2.5)
  • Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point
  • Solid Education (Higher Learning Book 1)
  • Fire and Water (Carlisle Cops, #1)
  • Once in a Snowstorm (Nortown, #1)
  • Just Breathe Out
  • Out in Time
  • Synchronicity
By day Ann Grech lives in the corporate world and can be found sitting behind a desk typing away at reports and papers or lecturing to a room full of students. She graduated with a PhD in 2016 and is now an over-qualified nerd. Glasses, briefcase, high heels and a pencil skirt, she’s got the librarian look nailed too. If only they knew! She swears like a sailor, so that’s got to be a hint. The oth ...more

Unexpected (3 books)
  • White Noise (Unexpected #2)
  • Whitewash (Unexpected #3)
“They tumbled to the bed, their bodies communicating in a language far more meaningful than the words spoken between them.” 0 likes