Start by marking “Hex Vet: The Flying Surgery (Hex Vet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hex Vet: The Flying Surgery (Hex Vet, #2)

Hex Vet: The Flying Surgery

(Hex Vet #2)

It’s time for the monthly “Winged Creature Clinic” at Willows Whisper Veterinary Practice, where flying creatures from all over come to get treated. But when Glenn the Wildlife Warlock brings in an injured flying pig that looks like it may have been mistreated, panic strikes and a greater mystery unfolds.
It’s up to everyone’s favorite witches-in-training, Nan and Clarion,
Published December 2019 by KaBOOM!

To ask other readers questions about Hex Vet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hex Vet

Start your review of Hex Vet: The Flying Surgery (Hex Vet, #2)
Fay
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am loving these cute witch vet stories. The artwork is super cute and the story has so much to give!
Jenna
Cute continuation of the series. I’m still hoping for more of a focus on the characters rather than the magical clinic. Not that the creatures aren’t adorable, but it does seem a bit imbalanced.
Moon
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, still some grammar/wording issues but otherwise it was a fun story. I am still loving the creatures in each edition.
Rod Brown
This second volume did not charm me as much as the first. The storylines about the abused flying pig and the grumpy, introverted nurse were pretty ho-hum, with little action and too many talking heads.

I'd still try a third volume if I come across it at the library.
Goldilocks Reads (Jenna Vahue)
I really enjoyed the first volume of this series last year and I was excited the second volume was available on Hoopla. I love the color palette, imagery, and the concept of veterinarian witches. My only complaint is the verbose word bubbles and the muddled story line. The world building and structure became too confusing within the bright pink atmosphere. I can appreciate the author wanting a substantial world in addition to the beautiful artistry but it was too much. Hopefully the next volume ...more
Mrs. Hahn
In the second volume of the series, trainee vet witches Nan and Clarion once again need to help run the vet practice while Dr. Talon is away. This time, complications include a stressed-out Nurse Ariel, an abused flying pig, and a mysterious stranger who may have something to do with the poor piglet. Overall theme was not to judge others based on initial appearances.

This was a great improvement over the first volume! Hints about the girls' family members were dropped, and Ariel's anxiety made
Gabriella
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flying Chaos

A brilliant expansion of the previous book. The characters are growing and becoming more real. It was amazing to see real characters with real problems, even in a magical setting. I can’t wait to see how the story grows in the future and what the creature in the woods is.
Rebecca
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Sam Davies work a lot. Their Instagram account is very cute, so if you read this series I recommend following them on there!
I enjoyed this volume more than the first. It’s building up to a mystery very nicely along with some solid world building. Also flying pigs are always cute!
Susan
Reviewed for Lady Business! I am baffled by the management of this vet practice, but it's a pretty solid all-ages comic about a magical vet sugery.
Vivien
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was just so sweet. I actually liked this one more than the first volume. Probably because I already liked the characters so much. Still, Floyd and Circe made me tear up more than just a bit ~

I hope I'll see more of them in the future (I'm already a Nan Fangirl!)
Naomi
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simply adorable, with lots of good plot growth potential. I look forward to reading the next!
Naomi Sasaki
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
That was really sweet. Definitely liked it way better than the first one.
And what can I say about that precious little pig
Vince
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Perfectly fine, closer to a 3.5. Kids will love this, the creatures are cute, the story moves quick enough.
Amy N.
Feb 21, 2020 added it
This series is so cute! Cute, but with substance. I appreciate that.
Debbie
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written and gorgeously drawn The flying surgery is an excellent sequel to the first book.
Potsdam Public Library
Love this series, the plotline is getting intriguing.
ZepysGirl
Another cute volume, if less self-contained than last time.
Kate
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I love the cute flying pig!
M (aka DarkBeauty73)
Like another review mentioned would like more information on the characters, bits of information is sprinkled through out but never enough. Cute story again about magical animals.
Cassie Fischer
I don't think I'll continue with this series. It's cute, and I like the artwork, but overall, there's nothing to the story.
Karin
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute and diverse (gender inclusive) graphic continuing the story of a couple of veterinary witches in training. Totes enjoyable.
Alyssa
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little graphic novel. Buggy the Bugbear is stinkin' adorable, my love for him has no bounds and he was only in like 4 pages of this volume haha
Very excited for what's to come next
Jackie
Feb 15, 2020
Shelley
Feb 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Indoor Recess (Lumberjanes, Vol. 13)
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Brave Chef Brianna
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Go with the Flow
  • The Okay Witch
  • Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Diana: Princess of the Amazons
  • Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • Hicotea (Nightlights #2)
  • The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún Vol. 7
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 4 [Tongari Boushi no Atelier 4] (Witch Hat Atelier, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • Just Beyond: The Scare School
Sam lives in Bath with her family. Her pets include two rescue rabbits which feature in her book and a horse. Sam formally trained as a designer and her career has been in design and education.

Hex Vet (2 books)
  • Witches in Training (Hex Vet, #1)