Start by marking “M.O.M.--Master Organizer of Mayhem: Simple Solutions to Organize Chaos and Bring More Joy Into Your Home” as Want to Read:

Getting--and staying--organized is a challenge in and of itself. Add motherhood to the mix, and you've got a whole new dimension of difficulty. So how does a busy mom stay on top of the daily chaos that children inevitably bring along with them?

No matter what your situation is, Kristi Clover's home organization systems will work for you. Her foundational rules are highly
Published September 3rd 2019 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about M.O.M.--Master Organizer of Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about M.O.M.--Master Organizer of Mayhem

Start your review of M.O.M.--Master Organizer of Mayhem: Simple Solutions to Organize Chaos and Bring More Joy Into Your Home
Kim Neuman
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has really been a game-changer for our family! We have implemented some of her very practical suggestions, like having daily chores assigned to specific family members at specific periods of the day. And having weekly chores spread out throughout the week and assigned to family members too. This has taken such a heavy load off of me, yet hasn't loaded anyone else up either. Everyone is finding their purpose when it comes to maintaining our home!
Shannon (Mrsreadsbooks)
I am all about keeping a clean and organized house, but have had a much harder time accomplishing this since my son was born at the end of August. So reading this book couldn't have come at a more perfect time. M.O.M. is filled with practical tips to stay on top of your cleaning and to do list, as well as practical solutions for de-cluttering and organizing you home. Each chapter has a variety of resources at the end of the chapter including useful tips and questions to help you figure out how ...more
Amy
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great inspiration to get your life organized! I see lots of ways that I can use this book to get organized in my life. I need to purge lots of things before an upcoming move and this book will come in handy and help establish some organization in our new home.
Quincey Benson
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this book Kristi gives all sorts of practical advice and encouragement for organizing our homes and lives. These tips are attainable! One of my favorite lines is "Overplanning really isn't planning", as that's something I struggle with as I fill in our family calendar each month. Her time management tips were super helpful for me as well as I can easily fall into the trap of winding down with social media for far longer than I should. I don't want to give too much away, but this is such a ...more
Ashley Mckinnis
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is amazing one I will be re reading.
So helpful like a breath of fresh air brought into our home and I cant wait to get started on all my task it doesnt even feel daunting anymore. Just what I needed to pull me out of my funk.
Holly N
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love home organization and am always looking for ways to help things flow and stay organized in my home. My family unit consists of my husband and myself and our 2 kids ages 7 &6 which I homeschool, while working part time, helping run our family farm, and run a side business as well. I HAVE to be organized to stay afloat! Kristi has been such a mentor for me in the last couple years! I was on a mission to find a Christian woman to follow that would speak truth and wisdom into my life. I ...more
Samantha
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristi Clover nails being a M.O.M. in this book! She focuses not only on organizing but on bringing joy to your home by focusing on what matters most! She offers different ideas and tips but doesn't say "my way is the only way to make your home function." Instead, she encourages the reader to "Glean and Tweak" - glean from what is given and tweak it for your family. There is a lot of freedom in that! At the end of each chapter, there is a small section to help you think about and process what ...more
Devvy Leys
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an encouraging AND practical book! Kristi Clover shows understanding and love for each reader in every page. I'm not a natural-born homemaker (though my mom is). I always feel like, "I just can't. I don't know where to start. I don't know how to keep it going beyond day two!" Yet now I have practical steps to take that don't leave me feeling like a failure if they don't all exactly fit into our family dynamic. Kristi's first rule to "glean and tweak" other organizing rules to fit YOUR ...more
Brandi Weiss
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am only to Phase 2, Chapter 12 but this book is inspiring me to change the way I look at my home and my family. I love how Kristi says to think of your children as interns, you teach interns for awhile so don’t expect your children to learn right away. I also love that Kristi makes a master list of everything that needs to be done in every room, I will definitely be doing this. This book has been very insightful and I can’t wait to finish and then reread using the printables that go along with ...more
Stephanie Brown
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has been such a blessing to my family and I. Kristi writes in such a way that makes it easy to relate to her, and her ideas of how to master the mayhem in your house. This has not only helped me to begin getting my house in order and start lasting routines, but it has also helped me to have more time to do things with my family so we can make lasting memories! You will be thankful that you got this book from the first chapter to the last!
Kelley Pryor
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving this book. This is for all moms. Whether you enjoy organizing or your a hot mess and need a lot of help like me. Everyone can find awesome systems to implement within these pages. She presents all this in an easy to understand format and with an encouraging and joyful tone. Love it!
Elizabeth Messenger
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was part of the launch team and was given a copy to review of this book as compensation. As someone who loves to organise and try to maintain order I really appreciated a lot of the ideas in this book. I also felt overwhelmed sometimes. My season of life is two littles under two and I just don't have the energy or time to implement everything. But I've been able to use a few concepts even as I read. I loved that Kristi quotes my favourite blogger, Dana K White of a Slob Comes Clean in one ...more
Gena
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Every chapter just kept getting better and better! What I love most about this book is that even though I've been a mom for 18 years and a homemaker for even longer, I learned so many great tips about how to do things in a very streamlined and step-by-step manner. And, it's so do-able!
Theresa Stoneback
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down. I felt like Kristi was speaking my language! This book was not only an encouragement to get organized, but it also laid out an action plan to follow. She really broke down the steps to what seems like a daunting task, so I didn’t feel paralyzed in overwhelming defeat.

Master Organizer of Mayhem moved me to action! When I finished reading, I immediately evaluated a few “problem” areas in my own home and implemented Kristi’s methods to solve them. Now being
Tenáj
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shouting “Amen!” just from the introduction to the 1st chapter. We are a homeschooling, family of five and I am already feeling like I can’t keep up. I absolutely agree that it does feel counterproductive to keep a tidy home wham I KNOW I will have to start “from scratch” the next day. This is something my heart struggles with often.

I feel like I’m having a lightbulb moment here and wondering if my thought process should be to just do what I can today, let that be good enough and, as the Word
Katrina Lewis
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. Kristi is so encouraging and brings so much truth and life into you as you read her words. She truly breathes Gods words and grace into you. It is definitely a book that all mothers need to read. I have been overwhelmed at times in my mothering journey and this book definitely helped as we enter into a busy (and easily overwhelming) season again. It will be one that I go back to often. The book is written well and flows well.
Melissa Fox
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so helpful. I often feel overwhelmed by the clutter and chaos that 5 kids can cause. M.O.M. gives so many helpful tips and ways to get started. I love that it is not a one size fits all but allows you to figure out what will work for you. One chapter is called, “Use the Glean and Tweak Technique”. It helps you realize that you can glean from all sorts of ideas and then twerk according to what works for you. The book explains why messes happen in your home (and it is not just because ...more
Heidi Jones
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is exactly what it says it is; simple solutions for organizing the mayhem that is a home with children living in it! Kristi has an incredible gift for organizing, sorting and prioritizing so if you are looking for ways to improve your ability to sort through the chaos around you then check this book out! It is also full of online resources so she not only gives us solutions to our problems but also provides the tools so we can actually do it! Her experience shows and this book is ...more
Lauren Bliss
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book. I received this book as part of the launch team, but this is my honest review. A quick and easy read, Kristi has written this book in such a way that it feels like you are having a conversation with a friend. She gives practical tips to help tame the chaos while maintaining a joyful attitude. As a mom of 5 children ages 10 and under, I am excited to implement some of her strategies.
Amy Jensen
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Any mom who needs a good laugh and help organizing should read this book. There are certain parts in this book that I laughed so hard I literally cried. While reading this book, I felt as if Kristi came right alongside me and gave me the organizing tips I had been missing all along. I absolutely loved reading this and I will be reading it again. Thank you Kristi for sharing your wisdom and your personal experiences with us in this book.
Jamie
Shelves: netgalley
I am such a hot mess with organization. I want to be organized. I like the look of everything when it’s organized but I just can’t get there. I’m implementing some of the tips & tricks Kristi discusses and tweaking others for my family. This book is one I will be referencing often. I Definitely recommend this book for someone who is a hot mess like me, someone who needs a little help with organization, or someone who is very well organized. Pretty much EVERYONE needs this book!
natash alsobrook
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a mom an army that have taken over my house (aka 5 very small children) things can get crazy in our house fast! This book had been great! Seriously it is an easy read and is so well organized and is a delight to read! Which was important because what little free time I do have I want to ENJOY what I’m reading! I would recommend this to a mom of many or a mom of any! This is a great book to help you get from the overwhelmed feeling to an encouraging place of grace! ...more
Micah Chi
I loved this book!! It has lots of great tips on how to organize my chaotic home. I love that it has tons of practical tips (realistic) ones in which I can use to help me organize. I did not grow up with a habit of organizing nor cleaning. But after getting married and having children, I am still learning how to handle everything including cleaning/organizing. It was quite overwhelming. This book has been a huge encouragement and motivating me to work.
Michelle
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristi has a masterful way of simplifying the overwhelming! I love the "Unlocking Joy" portions at the end of each chapter that offer practical steps to implement solutions. I also appreciate her approach that not everything works the same for everyone and her encouragement to find what works for me, there is a freedom in finding the rhythm of my family and our home.
Heather
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was refreshing and motivating at the same time. It is the mother lode of how-to's on home and family life organization. It's like having a trusted friend walk you through everything with awesome concrete examples of each step or principle. I am excited to apply what I'm learning. Granted, not everything applies to my family's situation, but Kristi states that upfront. I highly recommend getting her book if you feel stuck in a rut with a cluttered house and schedule!
Courtney Rabon
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book! The tips & tricks for organizing every part of your home are spot on! Not only does Kristi tell you what to do, she tells you how to do it and why your current system is no longer working! She discusses reasons for why your house is a chaotic mess, shows you how to make a plan to conquer the clutter, and helps you to bring your home from a hot mess to a beautiful space. This book is a must for any mom or anyone else who needs the perfect organization guide!
Heidi
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristi has written all my jumbled ideas and thoughts in one organized and concise book while adding so much more to inspire me to press onward in my journey to become a M. O. M. (Master of Organization and Mayhem). I am already putting these into practice. I love her cheerful spirit and transparency as she helps those of us who are just needing a friendly push in the right direction.
Tiffani Cole
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not yet finished with this book, but am loving everything I’ve read! Filled with many practical tips and tricks and fun stories throughout. Helps my homeschool mom brain to realize it is possible to stay organized. Much needed for me.
Cecily
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. Very practical and helpful tips for getting and staying organized. Also down to earth. I never felt judged or overwhelmed by my lack of organization or neatness in a particular area.
Jen Miller
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful! She gives practical advice that is actually helpful for real moms! I’ve already started implementing her ideas which are helping me to have less overwhelm and less stress at home!! Love this book!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Introverted Mom: Your Guide to More Calm, Less Guilt, and Quiet Joy
  • The Complicated Heart: Loving Even When It Hurts
  • God-Confident Kids: Helping Your Child Find True Purpose, Passion, and Peace
  • The Grumble-Free Year: Twelve Months, Eleven Family Members, and One Impossible Goal
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • 100 Ways to Love Your Husband: The Simple, Powerful Path to a Loving Marriage
  • Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments
  • She Prays: A 31-Day Journey to Confident Conversations with God
  • Nice: Why We Love to Be Liked and How God Calls Us to More
  • Raising the Challenging Child: How to Minimize Meltdowns, Reduce Conflict, and Increase Cooperation
  • Beginner's Pluck: Build Your Life of Purpose and Impact Now
  • When God Says Wait: A Devotional Thought Journal
  • Amish Front Porch Stories: 18 Short Tales of Simple Faith and Wisdom
  • The Words Between Us
  • The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Light from Distant Stars