Start by marking “When You Love a Prodigal: 90 Days of Grace for the Wilderness” as Want to Read:
When You Love a Prodigal: 90 Days of Grace for the Wilderness

When You Love a Prodigal: 90 Days of Grace for the Wilderness

Loving a prodigal is a long and desperate journey, filled with fear, worry, anger, self-
recrimination. You wait for the phone call--will it be from jail or the hospital? You plead with your loved one. You search for help. You feel the shame. You cry out to God, "How long, Lord?"

Author Judy Douglass knows these lovers of prodigals well. She is one herself and has created a
Published September 17th 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about When You Love a Prodigal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When You Love a Prodigal

Katherine
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know all too well what it’s like to love a prodigal, and reading—and praying through—this book encouraged me more than I thought it would. I’ve read many devotionals, but When You Love a Prodigal seems especially anointed, as though God has provided it for those who love prodigals right now—when we can feel overwhelmed by the darkness around us. It’s a heavy world, but Douglass reminds us there is nothing heavy that God won’t easily take for us. It’s not a book of how to make things change, un ...more
Dorothy Greco
Figuring out how to love and walk with an adult child who makes destructive decisions is one of the most challenging and heartbreaking experiences for a parent. Based on her personal experiences, Douglas helps others to navigate these painful seasons. By asking pertinent questions (e.g., What does it look like to be patient?) and directing us to God's promises, Judy offers hope and wisdom. This is a 90 day study that could easily be done with others.
Karen
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An informative text covering a comprehensive range of topics related to loving a Prodigal. The text is broken down into brief, 90-day, excerpts which allow for processing of concepts and daily boosts of encouragement. Judy is transparent about her journey and quick to emphasize both grace and personal transformation.
Scott Jennings
Michele Winger
is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2019

A few random realities:

I love Jesus, my family, Texas, words, books, horses, Mexican food–and quite a few other things

I am married to a wonderful man and have three delightful children and nine superb grandchildren. My friends so fill my cup that I am drinking from the saucer.

I am a writer, speaker, missionary. Most of all I am an encourager–urging everyone I encounter to know God and to entrust t