Start by marking “Citizen of Earth” as Want to Read:
Citizen of Earth

Citizen of Earth

Vincent Solaris is a teenage malcontent who barely graduated from the Detroit District Six School of Ethics. His unplanned future changes dramatically when he is arrested and charged with crimes against the Central Committee. Rather than being put to death, he is sentenced to three-year's service in the Earth Defense Forces.

Relieved by this twist of fate, Vincent is sent
Published May 17th 2019 by Kyanite Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Citizen of Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Citizen of Earth

Start your review of Citizen of Earth
Robyn Bennis
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Half Old Man’s War and half Matterhorn, Citizen of Earth is a twisty, turny adventure filled with sass and action. I adore Kassabian’s cynical sense of humor.
Crystal Kirkham
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I grew up on science fiction - TV, movies and books. It was, and still is, my dad's favourite genre to read. For the longest time, I resisted reading it. I mean, I loved science, but I read fantasy and horror. Then my dad, in his infinite wisdom, put a book in my hands that he knew I would love. After that, I was hooked on science fiction.

I mention all of that because one of the best things about this book was the nod that it gives to much of the classic science fiction that I read g
Alex
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I think there’s a difference between creating art that is derivative and art that adds to an ongoing conversation by pulling influence from other art. This book rides that line real close the whole way through. There’s quite a bit Heinlein, and others, and I found it distracting in the beginning sequence. By the time you think this book has hit its climax-last-stand-battle it takes off in a new direction and really finds its footing. I enjoyed the characters and the very human and grounded way t
Tyler
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is this the next great work of literature? No, but it doesn’t need to be. Joseph Kassabian channels sci-fi greats like Forever War, Starship Troopers, and a little grim-darkness from the 41st millennium into a story that I couldn’t put down. Is there room for improvement? Certainly, but that is exactly why I can’t wait for the second novel of the series.
Garrett Page
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantasic dark sci-fi. An incredibly detailed world that's full of engaging characters with relatable perspectives.
Hard to put down.
Adam
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super-duper military science fiction. Book 1 of a pending trilogy. My full review can be read at Bearded Gentlemen Music: https://beardedgentlemenmusic.com/201....
James Kemp
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's a lot to like in Citizen of Earth. Kassabian creates some really interesting characters, especially the protagonist Vincent Solaris and his main companion. The action is suitably chaotic, albeit well described. That said I did have some niggles, especially in the early part of the book. The characters take a lot of physical abuse in training, which seems to consist only of physical abuse and not of any training, even though the learning but is referred to later. There must have been some ...more
NoBeatenPath
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ebooks

For some reason, I thought this book was going to be a hard sci-fi type of book but instead it is more of a rollicking adventure/buddy movie style tale that just happens to be set in the future and contain aliens (and the aliens seem to be very like humans....)

That said it was an enjoyable read about two characters who find themselves drafted in to a military they don't really want to be part of, learn skills and strengths through adversity, have adventures and learn about themselves
Ania
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Citizen of Earth describes the world we live in so well despite being a Sci-fi work ! So many things to like about it ! And its relatable for example similarities between working crew and working class !

Another example Vincent ! As many young people struggle to find out what they actually are made for ! What path should they choose whether it's something they want or it's been forced upon them ! And if you study or work hard and follow the rules chances are you'll have a good life bu
Yolisa
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vincent Solaris,a citizen of earth starts out as a delinquent teenager who has no respect for authority. He is sentenced to serve the ' Chairman' as his sword in the military.We see a different side of him,serving,fighting and coming out tops.Not just surviving a bloody unwinnable but also getting the girl.
He came from nothing to being a hero not just recognised by his peers,even warriors see him as such.
Naimish Sanghvi
An amazing read for the weekend. A fast moving adventure with several interesting characters, a few good twists, and most importantly, a very good story.

The story is a bit predictable at multiple places, but when it's not, it really keeps you on the edge of the seat. For some reason, it does feel like our countries will eventually become imperial societies with no democracy like in the book. So this book also dwells into a philosophical look at the current society.

Loved reading it.
Sontaranpr
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Take a bit of Starship Troopers (movie and book), add in a little W4oK but the grimdark on the down low, add in two kids thrown into an interstellar war, and then make it funny. The aliens attack by destroying the Moon and The Spear of the Chairman are not taking it lightly. These dastardly filthy xenos are going to get what's coming to them. Read as our two protagonists shoot their way into intergalactic diplomacy the only way humans know - violently.
Feba Francis
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Weak characterisation and weaker plotline make the book a drag. The dystopian genre could have been better explored. The fight sequences are tepid. Rarely does anything new happen. Neither Vincent nor Fiona arouse any symphony for their fate. Fight sequences were tepid. Could be considered as a Young Adult Fiction.

Not exactly looking forward for the next book.
Shanyn
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was a great length for me - I kept feeling like I wanted more and then there was more! :-) Excellent characters and descriptions. Looking forward to more!
Raffy Boudjikanian
Chris Biely
Joshua Drake
William Fulton
Joseph Kassabian
Feb 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nadia
Mar 01, 2019

• To South Dakota and Back: The Story of The Great North American Harvest
  • Best Kept Secret
  • Hunter: Book 1 of The Assassin Journals
  • Dark Age (Red Rising Saga, #5)
  • The Raffle
  • August Raven: The Tale of a Girl Pirate
  • Cornered
  • Money: A User’s Guide
  • For Travelers (and Digital Nomads) Not Tourists: A guide on how to connect with a destination for a more fulfilling travel experience
  • Game Piece
  • Beneath Pale Water
  • The Adventure of English: The Biography of a Language
  • Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
  • Morwen Cottage
  • 5,000 Words Per Hour: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • I'm Rising: Determined. Confident. Powerful.
  • The Line of Beauty
  • Pinterest Marketing Amplification: 7 Methods to Amplify Your Reach and Boost Sales Conversions
Joseph was born and raised in Metro Detroit before enlisting in the US Army when he was seventeen years old. He deployed multiple times to combat zones. He eventually turned his experiences into his first book, The Hooligans of Kandahar.

He left the Army in 2013 and began attending Michigan State University, majoring in European History.

When he is not writing or buried in a book he spe