Start by marking “A Five-Minute Life” as Want to Read:
A Five-Minute Life

A Five-Minute Life

Remember us...when I can't.

Thea Hughes has five minutes to live.

A car accident stole her parents and left her with the second-worst documented case of amnesia in the world. She now has only minutes of experiences, of consciousness, of life…before her memory is wiped clean. The once effervescent artist with a promising future is reduced to scribbling with pens and paper, li
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 335 pages
Published May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Five-Minute Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Five-Minute Life

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"Thea’s eyes widened and so did her smile, and the radiance inside her burst through the cracks of her broken mind, and I saw her.
This girl whom, if we had longer than five minutes, I’d make mine."

description

I think it's going to be one of my life missions to get as many people as I can to read at least one Emma Scott book.

_______________

♪ She takes me away to that special place... ♪
Whenever I start an Emma Scott novel, I always seem to get the butterflies all laced with nostalgic excitement becaus
Emma Scott
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's LIVE now and FREE on KU

May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-five-stars
5+ stars

photo 93336253-6CC3-44ED-BF02-D622DDF3721F_zpsxvcnnlmm.png

Emma Scott always does this to me... I pick up one of her books expecting it be amazing and she blows that expectation right out of the water. A Five-Minute Life is a romance unlike anything I've read before. It was outstanding. Perfection. I loved every single second of it and it is 100% my top favorite book of 2019 so far. I jumped into this book only knowing the title, cover, and that it was by Emma. I decided not to read the blurb or any teasers because Emma Scott is an author I lo
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A FIVE-MINUTE LIFE: Is a full length, stand alone, romance novel by Emma Scott. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

#KeepMeSafeKeepMeWild
God how do you write up a review for perfection!?! You can't!! You just do what I did and shove it on your favourite shelf of 2019!! This book was beyond amazing!!

I don't know how Emma Scott does it but she just goes from strength to strength, leaving us the readers spell bound in her wake.

A five minute life took me by complete surprise, within a few pages and I w
*****FIVE ++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We kissed to seal the pact, but it wasn’t enough. A feeling I didn’t have a word for made my chest expand. I couldn’t describe it except that when I looked in Thea’s eyes, or held her, or kissed her, or listened to her talk, it grew bigger. Sunk in deeper. Embedded itself into the marrow of my bones, and yet I was fucking petrified it would crumble and vanish.

”A FIVE MINUTE LIFE” is Emma Scott’s latest EPIC romance! This story is an
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's LIVE early! 🤗🤗🤗 And I highly recommend this book to you. ❤

“Remember for me.” Tears spilled down her cheeks and over my fingers, and then she pulled me to her, her voice tremulous.
“Remember us… when I can’t.”

OMG I can't stop my tears... 😭😭😭

One of the best books of 2019!!! 😍😍😍
Ms. Scott, I love you so much. Thank you for this wonderful story. ❤❤❤

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤
Expected publication: May 16th 2019

BLURB:

Remember us...when I can't..

Thea Hug
Nilufer Ozmekik
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five unforgettable sweet child and sweet love of mine stars!!!

Instead of writing a review, firstly I wanted to write reading instructions because it’s not for everyone :

1) if you can handle edgy, angsty, heart punching-breaking-hammering books, you chose the right one!

2) If you’re ready for new heart transplant and having a great surgeon, it is still a great book. Because when your heart crumbled into little pieces as you were reading Thea and Jimmy’s story, you’re gonna need a brand new one!

Malene
Shelves: arc
I’m so filled with love after finishing A Five Minute Life. This story grabbed hold of me from page one and didn’t let go until the final page. Wow. Absolutely breathtaking and so beautiful in its storytelling, writing and portrayal of characters.
Jim and Thea are two extraordinary people who I’ve come to care deeply for while reading AFML. They display values I treasure in people. Their humanity, empathy and respect of and for others are what carries them through this story and life. Jim and The
Robin Hill
“Dear God.”

Those were the first words I choked out when I came to The End. As in, Dear God, everything hurts. Dear God, readers are going to go bonkers for this. Dear God, she did it again. AGAIN. Every time Emma Scott releases a new book, I think, there’s no way she’ll come close to topping that last one, and yet, she always does. After fifteen books, you’d think I’d learn my lesson. And despite having written fifteen books, she manages to keep the storylines fresh and unique. Falling in love
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
5++++☆☆☆☆☆
I AM IN LOVE WITH THEA AND JIMMY ♡♡♡

My stand out read of the year so far! This story is everything I wanted it to be and so much MORE.
A ROMANCE STORY DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS 📚💜
Breath-taking.
Beyond beautiful.
Eloquent.
Intense.
SO SPECIAL
And emotional. (Have a whole box of tissues ready!)

It's the ROMANCE NOVEL ALL romance readers need because it is the absolute best on all levels: writing, emotion, romance, passion, love, angst, story, plot, characters. There’s light and shade in
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤5 stars ❤

Such a beautiful story, my heart is so full right now.I knew this one will be another win but I didn't expect to love it so much!It was unique,emotional,powerful and sweet.

description

It was an emotional roller coaster, Thea is a unique and lovely heroine, my heart was aching for her.I felt sorry for her and I wanted to hug her. Jim was also so sweet I wanted to hug him too!I adored them.

description

I can say this is an unforgettable story get prepared you are going to fall in love with Thea and Jimmy.

Dilek VT
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Something between 3 and 3,5 stars

I don’t know if I will make any sense in this review because I know that I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I expected or as much as many readers did but I really am not sure as to why. So, while writing this review, I will try to analyze both the book and my feelings so that I can be as helpful as possible.

I do not intend any disrespect for the writer as there are so many worthless books around and this is still a decent work of fiction worth reading even thoug
Carvanz
Holy heck! How do I even begin to review this amazing, brilliant, beautiful book? Even if I were a writer I could never find the perfect words to describe this story. And to do so without spoiling it is a near impossibility.

description

Two years ago, Thea was in a tragic accident that has left her with the second worst case of amnesia ever recorded. Her life is now lived in five minute increments. Everything between those windows of time wiped out, completely erased until she resets and it starts over and
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars.

“Alone-ness is an abyss. It’s being alone even when you’re surrounded by people. It’s vast and empty and silent.”

Here we go, trying to write a review for Emma’s book when I have so much to say that ideas are fighting in my brain. It happens every time I read one of her books. Trying to give something organized yet conveying all the emotions that story made me feel.

I think this conversation that I had with a blogger friend, Talia @redhotink gives the best idea.

We were skyping Satu
Wil Loves Books!
This book, no words, freaking masterpiece ❤
Full review soon. I need to gather my thoughts but it was simply beautiful. Perfect.
Michele
I believe reading a book by Emma Scott is very similar to looking at a vividly painted picture. Instead of using a paintbrush and paints, Ms. Scott creates pictures and stories with her words and they are simply breathtaking. A Five-Minute Life is definitely one such book. Jim and Thea's is such an unlikely love story and the odds are definitely not in their favor. There are so many people and situations working against them. Jim and Thea are strong characters though. Jim (aka Jimmy) is kind and ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Two years ago Thea lost everything in a car accident.

She was 21 years old. She had the perfect life. The perfect family. She was one year away from finishing art school and living her dream life in New York City.

Now that is all gone. Plus so much more. But she doesn't know it.

She can't remember.

Every five minutes her brain resets itself and it feels as if she just wakes up for the first time after the accident.

Her sister put her in a facility that's specialized in caring for permanently brain da
Joanne Ragona
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
”The stronger the love, the more helpless the person feels in the wake of its loss”

My emotions took an unbelievable journey while reading A Five Minute Life by Emma Scott. Once again this author has crafted a story so beautiful, so unique—that I was left feeling drained in the best way possible.

I’ve never felt so much compassion for a character than I did for Jim, whose past was heartbreaking. Empty of family, of security, of warmth and of love...this man still grew up to be kind and caring, a
Marissa
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma Scott does not simply write books, she writes full immersion experiences. A Five-Minute Life is a stunning example of this. Thea and Jim’s journey jumped off the pages in vivid color and emotions. From the perfectly chosen songs to the art grabbing you from the canvas. I felt everything...loss, pain, heartache...love, warmth, devotion. The juxtaposition of my heart while reading this book moved me to tears. I was forever routing for the miracle they needed while knowing it was “next to impo ...more
warhawke
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Thea Hughes always believed in living in the moment. As an artist, she had drives and ambitions, and plans for her future. But an accident ripped everything apart and left her trapped in a never-ending loop. That was until Jim Whelan saw something in her that cannot be ignored. He was determined to set her free, but freedom could be as fleeting as time.

Thea faced a tremendous challenge that she had to navigate in literal
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 ”Brilliant” Stars

Where do I start? How do I review A Best of 2019......
1. This was a story that was extremely unique and filled with eloquence and breathtaking moments. My heart was taken on an incredible roller coaster ride. There were moments that left you breathless and heartbroken as well as moments that left you high as an eagle, soaring brilliantly through the clouds.
2. This was a book that made you think about life, about the here and now and what would you do if it wasn’t there anymor
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Lately I've been in a string of amazing books, Absolutely falling in love time in time again. May has brought a slew of new releases, and wow have I scored!!!! I don't think I have ever had so many 5 star reads. Here's the thing, these authors, they are simply amazing, their writing is on queue, the characters, magical.

I have always adored Emma's writing. She brings me to tears with her writing, the flawless nature of the characters, but this story, WOW, I am still reeling, days later. To put i
Shannon
I made it through the prologue without crying, so there’s that.

I haven’t been hit this hard by an Emma Scott book since Full Tilt & All In. Yes, every book I’ve read of hers has brought out the tears- okay, usually turning me into a sobbing, blubbering mess if we're being honest. But A Five-Minute Life? This book reduced me to a literal puddle of tears. I have the trash can full of tissues to prove it, if you’d like to see.

Every time I crack open a new book by Ms. Scott, I like to think th
Curlyhairlass19
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How brilliant is Emma Scott’s mind? I mean seriously, how do you rate an infinite star read? The way she weaved this intricate story with such amazing detail is astounding. Words fall short at the moment to even begin to describe this heart wrenching, deeply emotional, love story. So many things in it made me smile, cry, laugh (especially The Office mentions) as that is one of my fave shows! The personality that Emma gave Thea just made me fall deeply in love with her character.

Jim, oh Jim wher
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Could have been 10 stars, if only I could!

Masterpiece. Epic. Perfect... the list goes on. And as much as I love the idea of it because, 50 First Dates and Awakenings...this book connected to me at so many levels. Goodness, A Five Minute Life by Emma Scott ruined my poor heart beautifully...tugged the heart strings one by one yet brought it back together again. Leaving me with tears in my eyes, a wide grin in my face and a heart full of love.

It's been hours since I finished A Five Minute Life b
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
I have NO WORDS!!!
................................
Fascinating,Reverberating, mystifying, soulful and generous. This book gives you the world before crashing it down. Intense & moving, you'll sneak a glimpse of what eternal, everlasting love feels like.
I'm moved and shook and my eyes are like waterfalls in rainy season

description

What a unique story, it's now tattooed on my soul with indelible ink. I will NEVER be able to walk away from it. It crashed like a meteor on my heart and left behind a huge crat
maram ☂︎
you want pain? read this book. you want sarcasm? read this book. you want to swoon? read this book. you want to be punched in the face because you're not living your life to the fullest? then you should definitely read this book. nuff said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

To Emma Scott,

Make me ugly-cry several times before the end of this book and I’ll give you all the 💫✨💫✨💫✨ in the 🌌.

~~~~~~~~~~~
never-ending NA binge with miss jiji 🥰 (I will
link her profile later)
Zilpha Owens
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 I Promise Stars

It took me a couple of days to put my thoughts down and I still don’t think I’ll get across the uniqueness of this story. Emma Scott writes with vibrant strokes. Her characters are quirky and fun yet serious and down to earth. She gives us a layer to build on, watch change and grow. For me, she always tells a story that I can get lost in for awhile and forget about everything else.

From the opening pages there’s so much emotion swirling around, I had to stop and take a few minut
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Remember us… when I can’t”

There is one thing that is always guaranteed whenever I pick up one of Emma Scott’s stories and that is it will be nothing short of astounding. If there is one writer who always has the ability to make me feel each and every emotion through the portrayal of her beautiful and captivating words, it’s Emma. I can never get enough of her stories and A Five-Minute Life is by no means an exception. I think this may be one of the best books I have ever read; I can’t fault
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is, hands down, one of the most beautifully captivating stories I have ever read. Emma Scott has crafted a deeply moving story that goes above and beyond anything I have ever expected. Emma has poured her heart and soul into every layer of this story and I honestly do not have the words to properly express the stunning beauty she has created. This book is so incredibly unique, so deeply moving and brimming with a special kind of love that just feels you with absolute joy. This is beyon ...more
Emma Scott is a bestselling author of emotional, character-driven romances in which art and love intertwine to heal, and in which love always wins. If you enjoy emotionally-charged stories that rip your heart out and put it back together again, with diverse characters and kind-hearted heroes, you will enjoy her novels.

RECENT RELEASES

In Harmony

Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts #1)

Long Live th