Start by marking “BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)” as Want to Read:
BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)

BTW: By the Way

(After Oscar #3)

James:

My assignment is simple: go to the Cape and seal the real estate deal for my most important client. No problem. I’m good at my job, I know how to close a sale, and this time won’t be any different.

Until I meet Sawyer, the sexy young bartender I accidentally kiss in the broom closet. Turns out, he’s one of the owners I’m here to negotiate with.

Okay, so that complicate
Published May 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about BTW, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BTW

Start your review of BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)
Snjez
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was ok

I wasn't really feeling this story right from the start, so it's probably my fault for continuing anyway.

I found the story too predictable, which is not necessarily a bad thing - I usually enjoy the journey the characters take to find their HEA. However, this one was predictable in a way that made this journey not so interesting.

There's insta-love. I get insta-attraction, but I don't see how you can think about a future together after only a few days. There was also something about ho
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Three cheers for Sawyer and James!

I liked everything about this book: enemies to lovers, age gap, beach setting, great secondary character, romantic HEA.

This is very much an insta love kind of story. James and Sawyer have a connection from the moment they lay eyes on each other. Even after Sawyer realizes James is the lawyer representing the investment firm that wants to buy Sawyer's grandparents' resort, he can't stay away.

James treats Sawyer with such kindness, even helping him with the desig
Cadiva
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous entry in this very sweet and funny series from Lucy and Molly.

Up this time is James, the lawyer from book one, and he finds love when he goes to close a deal on a rundown motel on the Cape.

What i really enjoy about this series, and especially in this book, is that there's no unnecessary dramedy.

The tensions are created from situations which feel completely natural to the narrative.

Here it's Sawyer feeling he wouldn't be good enough to fit into James' New York city life, whil
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!

I didn't read the other books in the series, some mixed reviews across my GRs friends. Lucy Lennox is hit or miss for me. I've loved some of hers but then gotten tired of some of the endless series' and OTT antics.

The blurb on this one appealed to me, so I thought I would give it a shot. And I enjoyed it. Didn't wow me but I really liked Sawyer and James. And I enjoyed the Cape setting.

It was an easy read that kept my attention. Moderate to low in the steam department which was a bit
Lelyana's Reviews

I took this book too seriously. It's an everyday story, yet the story made me cry. BTW is a wonderful story with a happy ending.
Highly recommended!

I was blown away. Sawyer and James are a dream couple. Their romance didn't go really smooth, it was full of ups and downs, mostly doubts.
This was an enemy to lovers served on silver plate.
One day Sawyer and James wanted to rip each other clothes, by the next morning they wanted to rip each other throats, literally.
But when love find us, it alw
Vanna
4 Loved it Stars!!😍🤩 This book totally redeemed the series for me.. after "LOL" 😱 I wasn't sure if I was even interested in the rest of the stories of all those characters..🙄 Thankfully, James had been a supporting character in "IRL" and seemed like a likable person stuck in an blase` relationship.
When we catch him in this book, it has been a few months since he broke up from his then boyfriend and he seems ready to move on. He is in Cape Cod to close a deal to buy a sea-side hotel/inn for his
Denise H.
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two men who have been waiting for the "one" !
* Sawyer, 26, with dirty blonde hair is running the Sea Sprite resort in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, but his renovation plans aren't cheap, and his three Uncles want to sell the 80 yr. old family legacy.
* James, 38, NYC, is a fancy Lawyer with salt n' pepper hair, who needs to land this resort deal to please his greedy boss and not lose his lonely, but lucrative job.
Each man has wanted the same thing in his core; someone to love, grow with and raise
haletostilinski
This was good, I enjoyed it.

James is Conor from the first book's best friend, who we met in book one and who seemed to have...not the best boyfriend.

Well in this he and his boyfriend are now exes, but James is still working for his father, who is a reach realtor business man, and said man sends James to a small town near Boston to snatch up an old, run down motel so he can build a luxury hotel to compete with this other guy.

So James goes, and on his first night there before he's supposed to meet
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Jun 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mr-lawyer, m-m
S & J

Cute story. Definitely better than the last.

Sawyer is trying to save his family's inn when a lawyer comes into town to strike a deal that can change everything.
Santy
Why o why did I wait so long to review this? Its been like two weeks and many books later since I read this so this review is going to be vague.

What I do know is that I enjoyed reading this book as with the other books in the series. The chemistry between James and Sawyer was palpable; even when they were on opposite sides so to speak.

I liked the progression of their relationship and the characters that helped it along. Hell I even liked the annoying ex by the end of the day. Oscar, of course ma
Jennie
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
An easy, enjoyable, somewhat predictable love story about 2 men from different backgrounds and lives who compliment each other perfect if they could just overcome the obstacles in their way.
Kerish |  Wesmie's purple skittle.
3.5 stars!
Really liked James and Sawyer! Especially James! This can be considered as instant love but you would really see that they had more than just physical attraction.
A bit lacking on sexy times especially that there has been a lot of tension, teasing and staring so basically you'd expect more than fast sex parts, right?
And I felt that there were some things missing in the plot AND things that were there but unnecessary.
Like for example- I know that James was happy and he loved it there, bu
Ladycms
May 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really struggled to get through this book, which surprised me, because I usually love a good Lucy Lennox book. Looking thru the reviews, I’m obviously in the minority here, so this may be a case of it’s not you, it’s me.

The good...proper grammar and punctuation. Which can go a long way to elevating an otherwise boring story.

The bad...this was a boring story. I had zero connection to the MC’s, I didn’t feel a connection between the MC’s, I hated the setting and how building up a broke down mot
Anabela.M.
At one point of BTW I had this image in my head of James and Sawyer, guns out, one facing the other in a Wild West shootout. But somehow, the confrontation ended up inside the saloon, or the Sea Sprite Inn, as it were, with them making out and having sex.

Because that was pretty much how things worked between them for a part of the book, one moment fighting and the next all over each other. No doubt, they burned hot either way, and I had so much fun seeing them on opposite sides of a negotiating
Dan
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My eyes leaked with this one. Excellent!
Addicted2M/M
There were a lot of bad choices James could have made-would have made in many romances-instead he chose to do the right thing, which was refreshing. Both MCs were likeable guys and were good for each other. Enjoyable read and nice to get a glimpse of some of the past characters in the series...and just enough Oscar to make me want more.
Resch Reads
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I was delighted when I saw the next book in the After Oscar Series was recently released. I read the synopsis and thought that this might be just the book I was looking for, but yet it left me somewhat disappointed as I read the last page.

I liked both James and Sawyer as characters, they had an undeniable chemistry and it was fairly obvious, early on that these men were going to click. There were numerous giggle worthy moments in the first quarter of the story and they had me excited for the res
Joyfully Jay
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

BTW follows along with the After Oscar series, where the books are connected by one of the MCs being an ex of a character named Oscar. Sawyer and James’ story takes this series to a romance where city guy meets small town guy and, if you read a lot of romance, you already know from that description how it will end. However, it was enjoyable getting there.

The attraction between the men is instant and heated from the first glance and from the first meeting. The guys k
LauraSt
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
LOVED

I loved this so much! Sawyer and James were beautiful together. My favorite kind of insta-love with a mini enemies to lovers plot going on.
We also get to see Wells and Conor, which I adored!

I’m actually looking forward to Richard’s story, and cannot wait for our Oscar’s story!
ConM
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2020
Sweet. A romance trope I dislike reared its ugly head at the end, but otherwise a nice, fluffy romance.
Elizabeth
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a charming book. I love Sawyer and James. Feelings develop fast here which is usually a turn off but, it woks here. The chemistry is amazing and the relationship really works.
Gabbi Grey
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers with all the feels (an audio review)

I’m a huge Lucy Lennox/Molly Maddox fan and when I found out this book was coming to audio, I was ecstatic. Enemies to Lovers in one of my favorite tropes – when it’s done well. In this case, it’s done very well.

Sawyer owns a family caravan park by the ocean. It’s been in his family for eighty years and despite its desperate need for renovation, he’s dedicated to keeping it going. He lost his parents tragically when he was in high school and
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
BTW (By The Way) by Lucy Lennox and Molly Maddox is a feel-good, enemies to loves romance. This book grabbed onto me immediately and kept me riveted throughout. Part of the After Oscars series, it is easily read as a standalone.

Sawyer and James are complete opposites who end up finding their real passion with each other. They are full of intense want for one another, as well as intense hate. Sawyer is a small town boy trying to restore his family's inn. When James, a lawyer comes to town to wor
Amy B.
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

The blurb does a good job of telling you what this is about, but here we have 38 year old corporate attorney James, who is sent by his most important client to purchase a dilapidated seaside hotel owned by the same family for 80 years. On his first night he meets an intriguing 26 year old bartender and they share a kiss before James realizes his hot bartender is actually one of the hotel owners. Sawyer has had an incredible amount of loss in his young life, and his dream is to revitalize
Mari  Cardenas
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

While BTW can be read as a standalone, I really suggest reading the other books in the series at some point, they are really good.

I really liked James and Sawyer, who found themselves on opposite sides of a deal that will mean Sawyer will lose his grandparents' inn, which he'd hoped to be able to fix and restore to its former glory.

For one part, James is struggling between doing his work, his growing attraction to Sawyer and the realization that maybe the right thing to do is not wha
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Universal Link

Sawyer: hot young bartender/owner wanting to make his dreams come true.
James: hot lawyer representing the firm who wants to steal that dream from under Sawyer.
The dilemma: love, doing the right thing or doing one's job?

This is a sweet insta-love story. I like the enemies to lovers vibe that quickly turns to affection and I loved the town and its residents. The chemistry between the two is hot, and the story is fast-paced and fun. All in all, a great story.

ARC via Gay Romanc
Lillian Francis
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: filed
This was the first book I've read by this pairing and I really enjoyed it. Since this is book 3 of the series I think it can be safely said that this can be read as a stand-alone. There is an appearance by the couple in book 1 but knowledge of their path to happiness isn't required to read this one.
I love a book where they are saving old properties. This is a whirlwind romance with instant attraction and a side order of enemies to lovers.
I cried in inappropriate places, over the property, godd
Earlyn
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It must be love

Not sure how to show the love these guys had from the start.
You got to love James and Sawyer. They made reading so enjoyable and believe in love at first sight.
The age gap did not make a difference as they complemented each other.
James a big city lawyer comes to the quaint sea side to negotiate the purchase of a family resorts business. The person that catches his eye is the handsome bartender Sawyer.
Sawyer had dreams and ideas how he would like to fix the hotel . Not knowing who
P Leslie
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review, m-m
Sawyer and James’s story completely blew me away. These two went through their fair share of ups & downs especially, as they worked through their doubts.

Sawyer was an old romantic at heart and I loved his passion, ideas and enthusiasm.

James was a gonna from the moment he started perving on Sawyer’s buns lol. James was career driven and he worked hard to get to where he was yet one wish under the flashing green light, changes his life. Can he take a leap of faith and follow his heart?

This stor
Jennifer Reilley
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved love love this series and this book. It’s the third in the series and could be read as a stand-alone.

James and Sawyer are the sweetest guys and couple. I found myself tearing up with sad tears and happy

Sawyer is part owner of the Sea Sprite on the Cape. It has been in his family for many generations. Unfortunately, it needs a huge revival or sell. In comes James with an offer the owners can’t refuse or can they to keep it in the family.

James and Sawyer can’t be any more different in t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • The Castle (Love in O'Leary, #5.5)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Obsessed (The Protectors #13)
  • On the Run (Whispering Key #2)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Watch Me
  • Spotlight (Famous, #2)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated! ...more

After Oscar (5 books)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar #2)
  • BRB: Be Right Back (After Oscar, #4)
  • HEA: Happily Ever After (After Oscar, #5)