Start by marking “Straight On Till Morning (Twisted Tales #8)” as Want to Read:
Straight On Till Morning (Twisted Tales #8)

Straight On Till Morning

(Twisted Tales)

What if Wendy first traveled to Neverland… with Captain Hook?

Hardcover, Twisted Tales #8, 496 pages
Published February 4th 2020 by Disney Press

Start your review of Straight On Till Morning (Twisted Tales #8)
megs_bookrack
500-pages of twisted Peter Pan is now available!

My body is ready.
♠ TABI ♠
Sep 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
the author's writing is generally cardboard but I love Peter Pan so . . . "Here we go!!"
Annette
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was not sure what to expect of this story. I’ve been reading all the other twisted tales and so far not one has truly disappointed me, but the premise of this one sounded a little vague and I was really curious where that would lead and what kind of story we would eventually get. And I have to admit that I am impressed what has been done with this amazing tale!

And most of that has to do with the character Wendy Darling and how she’s portrayed in this book. She reminds me of myself so much, in
Tucker
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
omg, this is so exctiting
Rosie_Posie_Reads
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well this was certainly unexpected! I thought it was just going to be princess stories...

Also you guys are really making me wait for that Cinderella retelling aren't you? T_T I will be an old woman before that happens lol. Still though, super excited for this one! Hope there was will be an Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and maybe even a Bambi retelling (that would be super neat to see!) But please oh please do Cinderella soon XD
Kathryn G.
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
!!!!!

I wondered what they'd do after they ran out of Disney princess retellings - if they did anything else at all. I AM SO ON BOARD FOR THIS!!
Kaitlin
Nov 20, 2019 is currently reading it
Can't wait for this new book! I love Peter Pan!

Despite what some people harshly say about the Twisted Tale series, I think they're amazing. I hope the series goes on!
Nika
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with the Disney twisted tales and as soon as I heard that there is one about my favourite Disney characters I knew I had to read it!

I love how this whole book focuses on Wendy's self development. She transforms from a house maid into an independent, strong woman despite everyone trying to silence her.

Wendy has always been one of my favourite book/movie characters and this book shows her from a new, never before seen angle. Simply fantastic and such an easy read.
Lottie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Straight on Till Morning: A Twisted Tale
By Liz Braswell

“What if Wendy went to Never Land with Captain Hook?”

Liz Braswell is back and better than ever with her latest twisted tale based on the story of Peter Pan. As with all the twisted tales though, nothing is as it seems.

Any regular reader will know Liz Braswell is a favourite of mine for bringing the darkness to our favourite fairy tales and Straight on Till Morning is no exception. Gone are the sickeningly sweet nursery scenes and Nana in a
Beverly K
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was going to mark it down a star because I'm not that fond of Peter Pan, but then again, that's not fair to the book.

This was quite well done. Never Land was much more fully fleshed out, I loved the relationship between Tinker Bell and Wendy, and I felt like all of the characters grew as a result.

I'm eager to read more of these books.
LeoReader
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
And we're off to Neverland, to read thistwistedPeter Pan retelling.

Publication: February 4th 2020

Synopsis:What if Wendy first traveled to Neverland… with Captain Hook?

Sixteen-year-old Wendy Darling's life is not what she imagined it would be. The doldrums of an empty house after her brothers have gone to school, the dull parties where everyone thinks she talks too much, and the fact that her parents have decided to send her away to Ireland as a governess-it all makes her wish things could be
Joana Almeida
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
“When you’re young, you think the world will make room for who you are and what you want... And then you find the world of adults is even more limiting than the world of children. With no room for adventure, much less yer own thoughts.”
This book took me completely by surprise to be completely honest with you. And let me explain way, with no spoilers involved.
When a sixteen year old Wendy Darling makes a bargain with Captain Hook in exchange of a safe trip to Neverland, she’s in for more than
Athena
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anabelle Morse
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I chose the book Strait On Till Morning, by Liz Braswell. I chose this book because of the series. I really enjoy this series, and especially fiction. What drew me to this series was the fiction, and Disney. The whole series is based off twisted versions of classic Disney stories. The author(s) do an amazing job of toeing their stories into the classic stories and once you’ve read the book, you can’t look at the story any other way.
With this book, one of my main problems is that they start
Alex
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
As much as I love the Twisted Tales series as a whole, Liz Braswell’s books are my least favorite. I tend to find her writing almost painful to get through sometimes, which really stinks when it’s a story I was really looking forward to. (Like the Little Mermaid one.)

So needless to say, I didn’t have super high hopes for this one. Much to my surprise, though, I really enjoyed this! I loved this version of Wendy Darling, I loved her friendship with Tinkerbell, and I loved the mythology behind
Catherine
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
At 16, Wendy Darling longs for the adventures that she dreamed about in the tales of Neverland and Peter Pan that she wrote for her brothers. These stories are her escape for the humdrum life of housekeeping, looking after her brothers and trying to fit in with girls who are just looking for a good marriage. In this book, Wendy has Peter’s shadow, but he never came looking for it and she has never been to Neverland except in her imagination. When her parents decide to send her away to be a ...more
Claire F
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Maren Morris
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Twisted Tale story I’ve read, as well as the first book I’ve read by Liz Braswell. The second I heard about this title on instagram, I knew I had to read it. And let me just say, as a lifelong lover of this story (and as a former “friend” of Wendy’s at a certain theme park), this book blew me away. Although I’m in my 20’s, this was everything I could’ve wanted it to be and further reminded me of why this story is so close to my heart. The descriptions of both Neverland and ...more
Michelle
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the Twisted Tales series, but this one seemed to rely too heavily on the psychological meanings of Peter Pan to me. I also didn’t care for the way the author would every so often speak to the reader and/or mention that a story was being told. It caused me to detach from the tale being woven, and wasn’t consistent enough to add to entertainment value. I did like the friendship that developed between Tinker Bell and Wendy, and the additional characters that were brought in. I would have ...more
KBooks -
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-at-uni
Great book! Even though you don’t meet Peter Pan TIL later on, the storyline is great.
The relationship between Tink and Wendy shows that things may be rough to start with but no matter how different you are, if you are willing a friendship like no other will build.

I also liked how this story shows that you can’t sit and wait for the things you want. You may also make some wrong decisions but friendship and determination of getting your dream will always win!

If you don’t read this you are a
Gwen
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tanya
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wouldn't call this a retelling or a twisted tale but a stand alone story. A continuation of past stories.

This has beat A Whole New World. I never thought one would but this is so much better. Maybe because I am a huge Peter Pan fan and love Liz Braswell and so was bound to like it.

I really liked the mentions of other fairy tales and thought it very clever how they were slipped in.
Off all the books in this series this is one I would read over and over. This should be made into an animation.
N.L. McFarlane
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting take on the classic tale of Peter Pan. This book is mainly based on Tinkerbell and wendy's relationship as they fight to save Peter. The underlying reasons for the story have been cleverly portrayed and I like how these disneys twisted tales are so original and different. I have to admit there were some slow sections and I probably wouldnt re-read it but overall it's a nice read.
Timothy Pitkin
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
At this time I have never read the original Peter Pan book and have only seen the Disney and the Fox versions but that being said this book is pretty good. I wonder how much this version and the other versions tie into the original story. As this book is so different from the Disney movie with the focus away from Peter and on Tinker Bell, Hook, and Wendy. With it also focuses much more on the symbolism of Never Land that it does make the reader think.
Frankie
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baby Doll
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liz Braswell always has twist for these tales I don’t expect. From the cover alone you know that Wendy will travel to Never Land with Captain Hook instead of Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. But while other tellings of Never Land focus mostly on Peter Pan, this one is very much revolving around Wendy and Tink. I really enjoyed how their relationship progressed and who Wendy grows into as a person. Definitely worth the read
Katie
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm actually not a big fan of Disney's take on Peter Pan but I still feel the itch to try any spin on the characters that I can get my hands on. I enjoyed this far more than I expected - it gives the Neverland that Disney put on screen some actual depth.
I enjoyed the darker undertones and the portrayals of Wendy and Tink quite a bit.
Vanessa
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best twisted tales so far!!

I loved this book so much. I think it’s her best work and the greatest sorry thus far in the series.

I couldn’t put it down. The story line, the character development and plot holes filled were excellent.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves Peter Pan!
Katarina  Honeycutt
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So far, this is my favorite twisted tale in the series. It takes on a completely different take on the story. Peter Pan is in the book but very little. This book focuses around the relationship between Tinkerbell and Wendy. Both characters go through a lot of changes through out the story. There's no shortage of character development. This is a great book.
Katelyn Marie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I am a sucker fore any Peter Pan retelling, especially with a Hook and Wendy team up. Which I thought this one would be, I was wrong it was Wendy and Tinkerbell teaming up, I had my doubts about these two together to save Neverland, but by the end of the book a 2 star read became a solid 3 star read. I just wish that there was a little more meat to this story. A worthy read dor any Disney fan.

• The Odd Sisters: A Tale of the Three Witches (Villains #6)
  • Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales #7)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Twisted Tales #6)
  • The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)
  • Mistress of All Evil: A Tale of the Dark Fairy (Villains #4)
  • Reflection (Twisted Tales #4)
  • Mother Knows Best: A Tale of the Old Witch
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Shine
  • The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes, #2)
  • The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes, #3)
  • The Nest
  • Challenger Deep
  • Wonder Woman, Volume 3: Iron
  • A Land of Permanent Goodbyes
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • The Reader on the 6.27
After the sort of introverted childhood you would expect from a writer, Liz earned a degree in Egyptology at Brown University and then promptly spent the next ten years producing video games. Finally she caved into fate and wrote Snow and Rx under the name Tracy Lynn, followed by The Nine Lives of Chloe King series under her real name, because by then the assassins hunting her were all dead. She ...more

Twisted Tales (10 books)
  • A Whole New World (Twisted Tales #1)
  • Once Upon a Dream (Twisted Tales #2)
  • As Old As Time (Twisted Tales #3)
  • Reflection (Twisted Tales #4)
  • Part of Your World (Twisted Tales #5)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Twisted Tales #6)
  • Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales #7)
  • So This is Love (Twisted Tales #9)
  • Unbirthday: A Twisted Tale
“The one who answered his questions certainly had pointed ears, though the same observer might be hard pressed to make out any ears- or actual answers at all. The boy spoke to what appeared to be little more than a golden light that bobbled and sparkled and tinkled like bells. In fact, the whole scene resembled a mesmerist quizzing a pendulum held from a long golden chain, glittering in the sunlight, whose vague swings returned meanings known only to the occultist himself.
But upon looking more closely, one would see that inside the golden bauble was a tiny woman with very pointed ears, a serious face, a green dress, and sparkling wings. Her body was like a series of energetic globes, from her golden hair in its messy bun to her hips to the round silver bells that decorated her shoes. Throughout the conversation every part of her was as animated as her friend's face.”
0 likes
“They were at the edge of the Quiescent Jungle, which was the friendliest forest in Never Land. The leaves of the trees spanned every shade of golden green, and the creatures who lived there were all harmless and mostly furry. The air smelled like ripening blackberries- although it was not quite the right season- and a whisper of cool moistness hinted at a delightfully icy stream somewhere nearby.
Only a fool would want to leave. Only a genius would choose to nap there.”
0 likes