Start by marking “LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)” as Want to Read:
LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)

LOL: Laugh Out Loud

(After Oscar #2)

When a gorgeous cop comes racing out of a building on Fifth Avenue, hops in your horse-drawn carriage, and screams, “Go!”—you go.

You don’t stop and ask for paperwork. Or a badge. Or an explanation of who you’re chasing. You simply follow his shouted orders and try not to kill anyone in the process.

At least, that’s what I did when it happened to me.

But then it turns out th
Published March 31st 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about LOL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LOL

Start your review of LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I was really into this book until about 40 percent. We have the movie star with a heart of gold and a horse-carriage driver.

Roman has all the money and fame, but he's not happy, and his panic attacks are getting worse. Scotty gets fired when Roman, impersonating NYPD, jumps in his carriage and instructs him to go on a harrowing ride through New York City.

I loved that Scotty stood up for himself and allowed Roman to help him (seeing how Roman got him fired in the first place). The sexy bits wer
Erth
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Wow, this book was a HUGE disappointment. I loved book 1, IRL, but this one was a complete mess, IMO. I stopped reading at 43% because there were just so many things that were annoying or unrealistic that I just couldn't continue.

Some of my gripes: I hate when an author uses gibberish words to describe (usually sex) noises (e.g. from the book, gnfh, gnf, and nhgh...and that's just within the first 43%!). I also hate when authors try too hard to be funny, which is what I felt this book was doing.
Chris
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
This was a cute story but just didn’t quite hit the mark for me. I wanted time with Roman & Scotty but felt the cast of thousands just spoiled the story. One or two secondary characters is fine, but not a revolving door of guests ! Just felt it watered everything down. ...more
Vanna
May 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
If it was possible to give 0 or negative stars I would have.. 🙄☹️because I'm super disappointed with this one, especially since I generally like Ms Lennox's writing and the first one in this joint venture series "IRL" was actually quite good.
This one was actually not bad when it started; we had an 2 likable MCs who were from two entirely different worlds who meet accidentally and then are thrown into some weird circumstances from which they escape to a secret sanctuary in Vermont. Both have som
Cadiva
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOL - and that's just exactly what I did with the book, almost from start to finish. This is the sort of madcap mayhem that used to be made into films starring Cary Grant and Colette Colbert in the 30s and 40s or possibly Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.

It was sweet, sexy, emotional, hilarious, utterly ridiculous at times, it has a character who is central to the narrative who never actually appears on page and believe me, I cannot wait until we finally get to Oscar's own book!

When Scotty ap
Santy
Loved this till about 40% when everything went Over the top and ridiculous.

Scotty and Roman were still funny and relatable but the countless number of ridiculous characters (yes I actually lost count at a point) totally diluted the romance with their OTT antics and silliness. I had to keep skimming the rest of the book to the end where even their HEA was interrupted again by inconsequential, unfunny silliness.

Hopefully the next book is less like this and more like the first..

Dani(ela)'s review
River
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 30%

This went from boring to "who the fuck are these people why do the author's think I'm going to care about random people walking in on naked men they don't know"

Oh wait, this is LL, the author who thinks women groping men it's ok if they are gay.
Nicole
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Surprisingly we get to know a little bit more about Oscar than in the previous book and I personally thought that this took more part in the story than the actual characters story LOL

But it was funny and had a very cute horse. We met new people and crazy things happened!

The 3.5 stars are because I skimmed some through it cause I felt it was dragging a bit but I enjoyed the story!

Can't wait to meet the other people Oscar had dated! LOL
thebloggerandthegeek
First, let me get this out: I adored the first book. I was looking forward to this one but sadly, I had to DNF at around 60% into the book.

I liked the beginning but then the storyline became kind of silly. Scotty and his horse going into Roman's house, then all the characters popping up everywhere made no sense. I loved Oscar - which didn't even appear in person in front of the character but we meet through phone conversations and funny stories - more than the main characters. I was so hesitant
haletostilinski
4.5 stars rounded down

If you read the first book in this series you'll remember Scotty, the Central Park carriage rider. This is his story, and the title to this book is fairly accurate.

The way Scott and Roman start is funny, and funny things continue throughout this book - even as most of the secondary characters in this book annoyed the crap out of me. Just because they had funny moments didn't mean they were all that likable.

I loved Scotty and Roman though, despite a moment of silliness and
Jill
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, humor-funny
4.5 Stars
Denise H.
***** This is a romp like no other. It's called LOL for a reason, because it's an endless comedy, as scenes wiz by. It is fast paced with scene after scene of crazy chaos while our men's romance is blooming in between.
Scotty, 28, blonde and cute, is working in NYC

with his horse, driving a carriage for rides in Central Park, when a cop jumps in and yells...GO !

* It's a wild ride and when they finally get stopped by the cops, it turns out Roman, a famous actor, isn't a real cop, and Scotty fi
KRGirl
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was looking forward to this book based on how good the first one in the series was. Sadly, there were too many interruptions from (mostly) unlikable surprise visitors and too many supposedly funny, over-the-top situations to make this an enjoyable read. All of the supporting characters' antics took away rather than added to the story and I found myself getting upset with how annoying they were and how Roman and Scotty just let them run roughshod all over them in every situation.

One thing I did
Stephanie ✨
This was a DNF at 66%

I found the first half quite enjoyable but then it just got... strange. I don’t know. I couldn’t continue and it wasn’t doing much for me.
Annika
Audiobook review

3,5 stars

Once upon a time there was a poor but happy carriage driver in New York City. He didn’t have much, but he had a place to stay, a job that he enjoyed, but most of all he had his horse and best friend Nugget. One day a man, Roman, jumps into his carriage and shouts for him “Go”. The driver, Scotty goes. Navigating the streets of NYC in a hurry. A ride that won’t only cost him his job and place to stay, but also Nugget’s place at the stables. So naturally Scotty and Nugge
Caipi
Cute and fun, a great romantic comedy!
There's a lot of silliness going on. The amount as well as the craziness of all the weird friends and family arriving unexpectedly at Roman and Scotty's door at their retreat in rural Vermont is way over the top!!! I think less would have been more in this case.
But all in all I enjoyed reading this chaotic romance, definitely more than the previous book!
Scotty, the carriage driver, is absolutely adorable and Roman, the celebrity, is a sweetheart!

Looking f
Tizerkane
This book and the absolute absurdity within drove me bonkers ... seriously, I can't recall a time when I've been so aggravated and exasperated and irritated, all at the same time ... at the author and at the book; the former, simply because the literary decisions on part of the author here were off the rocker!! What made the authors think anything here was romantic, funny, endearing, engaging, or even interesting is beyond me! It's a massive shame too, because I know what this author is capable ...more
Lois
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
It wad soo over the top in both, unrealistic, ridiculous scenes/people, and cloying sweetness.
It was NOT a terrible story, but just isn't my kind of story.

More doesn't make better.

I know the title "LOL" should have warned me that this was going to be a Hollywood RomCom and a slapstick story. But I kind of liked IRL, and I did hope that LOL would work just as well within the premise of the category of light entertainment. Well, it didn't work for me.
Rohit
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, m-m
DNF@47%

To say I'm disappointed would be admitting that I had expectations in the first place, which I didn't after the ugly done in the second half of the first book. But I still gave this a try and the story is trying too hard. The characters are trying too hard. A big miss for me.
Joyfully Jay
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

LOL follows IRL in the After Oscar series. While Roman is new to the series and Scotty was only introduced in the first book, I feel these books are best read in order. The name of the series is After Oscar and the character of Oscar has been teased out already through these two books. In IRL, Oscar was mentioned. In LOL, Oscar is sort of on page as he is seen through phone calls and texts with Roman. The men are also staying in Oscar’s home and we hear more stor
jazmin
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aww, such a sweet bok! I absolutely loved Roman (Scott was great too). Some things felt a bit too over the top, and some characters were prettyyyy annoying (and by that I mean very annoying. Seriously, Marigold drove me crazy, haha), but it was still a very good book. Also, they actually communicated with each other instead of just being all sad without saying anything, fantastic ;)
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I had some serious LOL moments reading this story. In fact, at one point I couldn't even catch my breath, so kudos to the authors for bringing me out of a personal family crisis time and giving me the lightness I needed to escape for a while.

Scotty and Roman are perfect for each other and I especially liked the fact that it's Roman who is sweeter, even though as the actor one would think he'd be the more cautious and skeptical of the two. Scotty certainly had his share of life's knocks but it d
JenMcJ
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I liked this one better than the first in this series but you have to check your reality hard at the first page. It's funny, madcap, loving, sexy and romantic. I love how Roman and Scotty laugh together. It's also frustrating and annoying - almost exclusively because of outside visitors that have serious boundary issues and the lack of setting boundaries on the part of the MC's.

We are kinda getting a better idea of who Oscar is but I find this plot gimmick distracting.
Tjpayne
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mm
So, so, so loved this one. It's the kind of book that after you finish reading it, you just want to be still and hug it for a while (ok, I know that's corny and rest assured I would never actually do that). But, I DO just want to hold on to the warm fuzzy feelings I got from reading it for just a bit longer.

The collaboration of these 2 authors is pure gold (I believe they are sisters in real life, btw). I really liked the 1st book in the series, and I loved this one even more. Their books will b
Claire
2.5 won't-read-the-next-stars rounded up because of the horse
While I liked both MCs separately and together, their meeting, their story... the whole collection of OTT secondary characters simply ruined the book.
It seems to be the “go to” solution for the author(s) to bring some “flesh”to the story but for me it gets old very fast.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
I did not rate, as I only finished half and it just wasn't doing it for me.
Caz Malpas
A funny chaotic read with some very interesting characters!
Sara
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite

First of all, it pains me a bit to write this, I love Lucy Lennox. I've read and adored all of her other books. I loved reading IRL and had high hopes for this novel. Sadly, for me it felt too chaotic.

The abundance of crazy secondary characters was too much for me. Granny, Irene and Aunt Tilly (Marians/Wildes) are totally extra and over the top...but they fit. With LOL every single secondary character was over the top, in outlandish situations. I would have liked more with Scotty
Anke
May 15, 2019 marked it as nope
Shelves: sample
I really liked the first book in this series and when I saw this I decided to try the sample. And what can I say - I couldn't even finish that. It was just way over the top and not even a bit funny.

Finnegan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
What a disappointment. The part up until Oscar's mansion was fine. But all the different people dropping in was my idea of a nightmare. It was NOT at all funny. And the part with the paparazzi at the end was cringe worthy.

• The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Pixie (Ballsy Boys, #5)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • The Note (Love in O'Leary #2.5)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Looking for Trouble
  • Angel (Fallen Angel, #3)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

After Oscar (5 books)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • BTW: By the Way (After Oscar, #3)
  • BRB: Be Right Back (After Oscar, #4)
  • HEA: Happily Ever After (After Oscar, #5)