Start by marking “Warrior (Genetically Modified #2)” as Want to Read:
Warrior (Genetically Modified #2)

Warrior

(Genetically Modified #2)

Electromagnetic pulses began a catastrophe that changed the world as we know it.

Marinah: Holds a secret that will rock the human world. Sent to orchestrate a treaty with Shadow Warriors and stop hellhounds from annihilating humans, she’s plagued by deception and danger.

King: Leader of the Shadow Warriors and the last man Marinah should trust. He’s determined to win her
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior

Start your review of Warrior (Genetically Modified #2)
Celestine
Note this is a duo, and the cliffhanger from book one means you WILL download this book. The scenery changes, and Marinah is back in D.C., constantly in danger. They all have a job to do, and it is tough, scary, and riddled with dark things moving under the surface. The action is well done and I never felt like this story was predictable. The romance heats up, too. Slow burn no more.
Christine
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**This book was provided to Nerd Girl Official in exchange for an honest review.**

Warrior: Duet; A Genetically Modified Novel, Book 2 by Holly S. Roberts continues the story of a post-apocalyptic world, and the people trying to survive in the aftermath, immediately after Shadow ends. Whew! Wow! I can breathe. I think I can say more now.

The world in The Genetically Modified Series is clear and well-defined. The characters, those monsters, humans and the monsters that help humans fight the other
Melina Baca
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warrior delved deeper into the Federation's corrupt system and dislike for Shadow Warriors.

Marinah is sent back to the Federation with knowledge that should've gotten her killed outright in Cuba. With this new found knowledge, Marinah is on the war path to topple the Federation and coexist with her new Shadow Warrior allies.

Warrior also delves deeper into Marinah and King's kindled relationship and gives us the steamy romance we've been craving since the spark in Book 1.

Holly creates brand new c
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER 5 🌟 read!! Holly S Roberts does it again!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

WOW!!! Do I dare say that I LOVED Warrior a lil bit more than Shadow AND I LOVED Shadow VERY much!! I can honestly say that I have NEVER been disappointed in reading ANY of Holly S Roberts books so it's really no surprise to me at how much I enjoyed Warrior and especially, Marinah's sense of humor. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but there is one point in this book that I laughed SO hard at what Marinah said and then d
Michelle
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't get the first book without the second!!! This is the 2nd book in the series, and the 1st book ends on a cliffhanger that will drive you crazy if you don't have book 2 ready and waiting. I really enjoyed the story, and felt like I really got to know the characters. I really enjoyed how the two leads each got their own chapters -- being able to understand their thinking, and discover the story along with them, was brilliant. I'm already feeling deprived waiting for book 3. I hope the wait is ...more
Desi Van
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book! I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy because Shadow ended with a cliffhanger and I NEEDED Warrior! I couldn't put it down! I love Marinah and had a lot of laughs. My emotions were all over the place. I am not one to read books more than once but I've made the exception for this series. I will say that the world is very different than the world we know now and that we now have Shadow Warriors and a few other species. I don't ever like to give many details about a boo ...more
Linda
This is Book 2 in A Genetically Modified Novel series. You definitely need to read Book 1 or you will be lost. The cliff hanger from Book 1 was a doozy and very surprising. But man, was it awesome! King and Marinah are fantastic. The chemistry between them is hotter than an August night in the South. This kept me on the edge of my chair, with a few yells going out as I read it. There is so much going on. They go back to the mainland to find out exactly what the Federation is up to. Marinah meets ...more
Stephanie Villere
Bethany Titus
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A roller coaster of emotions that are worth it.

Where to start? Oh yeah glad you do not have to wait the two weeks I did to get the second part of this duet.

In Shadow, Holly left me crying. In Warrior, Holly had me crying from the start. Through the whole book I was on the edge with my emotions. I hated I had work & sleep to interrupt me reading.

Mariah is recalled back to the US and report. Does she trust the government she was raised in? The government thinks she cannot be trusted anymore.

Read
Melissa
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Holly S Roberts Does it again!! I have been waiting for this book and once again I’m not disappointed Marinah continues to kick butt and grow. She has to go back to the Federation, leave King and figure out what is going on. I love her humor and kick ass attitude. I can’t wait for the next book in the series this Author never disappoints me. I also want to mention the excerpt at the end of the book it really touched me to hear from Dinah. I won’t get into that you will just have to read it y ...more
Cheri George
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hook line and sinker!!

This series grabbed from the get go in book 1 and hasn’t let up one iota in book 2. I could barely stop reading enough to go to work. Lol. Holly has written an amazing new world with all of the triumphs and sorrows one would expect from a post apocalyptic world. But with so much more heart and grit. The after book comments had me in tears but also reminded me to be grateful for all that I have. I highly recommend this book and the one before it.
Roxanne Davies
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is turning out to be a really good series. I Love how the story is packed with action and the humor from the first book. Marinah is becoming quite the confident young lady who is turning into a proper little or not so little shall I say, badass. Can't wait to see what book 3 has to offer as Marinah and King's story continues. We just need a baby beast now lol ...more
Mia Taylor
So darn good

This 2nd GMO book was worth the wait even it was only a short one. It was so well written it played out like a movie in my head as I read it. I can't wait for the next book i especially want to hear about Becks New daughter. Thank you Dinah for letting us get to know your Marinah through Hollys words.
 BookwormMomma7
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warrior

The saga continues now that Marinah know what she is, she works with King and the Shadow Warriors to overthrow the federation but when they put their plan into effect, things are not as expected and they have to deal with what is dealt to them.
Meanwhile King and Marinah relationship grows as they seek answer about her. Can not wait to see the conclusion of this tale.
Pam James
Great World Building.

As I read this book, I felt like I was a part of this new world. The story played like a movie in my mind. I was transported to this world. Please take the time to read this book. Also please read the notes at the end of this book. From a True Fan... Pam James.
Danielle  Servis
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars is not enough

If you are looking for lots of action, and a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat, get ready to dive in!!!! I really enjoyed the second book as much as the first! I am blown away by this author's writing and I can't wait for her next book!
Armida
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great story

I laugh u got mad and I almost didn't finish the story because I didn't want it to end. Then when I read about the real Marinah I was heartbroken and happy for her family to have her live on in these books! You're amazing thank you for this story.
Annabelle
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely loving this series! I have not been able to put it down since I started reading it!! I love where the story is going! The trials that the shadow warriors are facing along with King and Marinah is a lot to take in! I can’t wait to read the next book!
Rebecca Ricu
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great

Wonderful-good plot & twists. Great take on how the world ends”us”. Maybe a little more details with the sex but otherwise great!
Breane Ross
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book just sucks you in. Like the new concept on zombies. You have to read this book as I'm not giving anything away. Definitely recommend it ...more
Tara  Skaggs
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book. If you haven’t read Shadow you definitely need to read it before you start this book. Can t wait to read more from this new series.
N
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best

I loved the first book in this series Shadow! This continues the story of Marinah and King. I love all the books Holly writes , this series is different but OH SO GOOD! The depth of the characters are real and personal. I can not wait to see what happens next! The letter at the end of this book brought me tears
Nettie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

I’ve read both books in the series. It’s great! Holly has such a great imagination. The scary part for me was I could actually see our government doing something like this! 😳
Robin Jacobson
Jun 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF. Just couldn’t get into this story.
Sarah Hibbard
Mar 07, 2019
Christie Aulick
Mar 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta, #2)
  • Pirate Nemesis (Telepathic Space Pirates #1)
  • Dangerous Dreams (Obsidian Flame, #1)
  • Fireborne (Raven Cursed #1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Summoned (Sundance, #2)
  • Dangerous Liaisons (Obsidian Flame, #2)
  • Unnatural Selection (The Pet Project, #2)
  • Spiked (Sundance #1)
  • Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)
  • Heart of Shadows (Alice Worth, #5)
  • The Healer (The Order of Intergalactic Peace #1)
  • The Night House
  • Threshold of Annihilation (The Firebird Chronicles, #3)
  • Bounty (Kaliya Sahni, #1)
  • Willow (Defy the Ravaged Book 1)
  • To Touch A Dragon (Venys Needs Men; Tropical Dragons, #1)
Holly S. Roberts is the USA TODAY Best-Selling Author of the Hotter Than Hell, Club El Diablo and Completion Sports series. If a book doesn't have enticing romance, steamy sex, and hot alpha men she doesn't read or write it. She believes in love at first sight because she lives it with her husband/high school sweetheart.

Holly's passions outside of writing include working out, roller skating, and g

Genetically Modified (4 books)
  • Shadow (Genetically Modified #1)
  • Beast (Genetically Modified #3)
  • Queen (Genetically Modified #4)

News & Interviews