Start by marking “Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)” as Want to Read:
Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)

Catching Him

(How to Catch an Alpha #1)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Aurora Rose Reynolds comes the first novel in the fun, sexy, and thrilling How to Catch an Alpha series.

Leah Emerson isn’t looking for a man—she’s looking for the right man. But her mother’s idea of a great catch leaves her cold, and she’s pretty sure her cocky, arrogant, and way too good-looking new neighbor isn’t t

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 215 pages
Published August 27th 2019 by Montlake Romance

Start your review of Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description I honestly have little to say about this book because nothing much really happened. 🙈 They meet. 👫 They date. 🍴 They have sex. 🔥 They fall in love. 💑 They meet the parents. ☑ His Mom is a bitch for five minutes. 😠 The end. 🔚 Throw in an underdeveloped mystery plot with a baddie you could see from a mile away, and two cute pets, and you basically have the entire plot. 👀 I mean, it was OK. 👍 It was sweet, but my tastes have changed as of late and I need a little more "meat" in my stories. 🍗 This
Anovelqueen
***3.5 STARS***

I am a huge fan of Aurora Rose Reynolds especially after reading her Until Him/Her Series (highly recommend this series if you haven’t read it). So I was definitely looking forward to this new series How to Catch An Alpha.

Leah’s cat disappears into the empty house next door through an open window. Leah climbs through the window and is confronted with her new neighbor pointing a gun at her. Tyler just moved in and is surprised to see the half dressed woman standing in his home.

ARR
Christy

photo 4F085C24-D283-4B60-8D29-4CBB8F90E2A5_zpsxyloudqp.png

I love this cover and Aurora Rose Reynold’s writing, so picking up this audiobook was a no-brainer for me. This was a fun and easy read that I listened to in a day.

Leah meets Tyler when he moves in next door. They have a spark right away and become fast friends. Friends turns into so much more very quickly as they fall hard and fast. I don’t mind insta-love and for some reason, in ARR books it just works for me so well. I loved the romance aspect of this story as well as the famil
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I did a re-read with the audiobook and the narrator was fantastic! I loved this just as much as I did the first time I read it.

This was filled with so much sugary goodness. It's low angst, funny with a protective alpha and a sweet heroine that you can't help but love. This is my favorite type of a light read. It's stress free but still delivers what I want in a book.

Tyler is a take charge alpha who knows what he wants and he wants Leah. Leah is a total sweetheart. She's the type of heroine tha
Coco.V
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Great start to a new series!

I really enjoyed this sweet, heartfelt book that made me smile so big! Leah was so bright and cheerful, i couldn’t help but adore her (and her best friend Cassie). And Tyler…Sigh…He was delicious and simply perfect and just made for Leah. Their chemistry was undeniable and the steam was through the roof.

"You look amazing. You’re always beautiful and always have a way of stopping my breath and giving it back to me, but right now…" I shake my head. "Jesus, baby, you
Wendy
This was such a fun and sweet read and with all the angst I have been reading lately, this was just what the doctor ordered.

Tyler and Leah were extremely funny and cute together...and did I mention HOT, they were definitely HOT.
Tyler was everything one would look for in a book boyfriend... all delicious alpha goodness !!

Now I am gonna be honest here and say that I normally like a bit more angst in my story and a bit less sugary goodness, but in this case, it worked for me, especially because
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Audio "re-read" 12/14/19

Catching Him is full of Aurora Rose Reynolds' usual sweetness and was a fun book to read. It was easy in that it didn't have a ton of drama or angst that overshadowed the romance between Leah and Tyler, and I really enjoyed that. There was some mystery thrown in with an unknown person coming after our main characters, but honestly I could have done without that. It didn't add anything to the story and I would have preferred the focus to h
Jessica
Aug 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
I've read two Aurora Rose Reynolds books before this one and have yet to understand the hype of the author. This one looked like it was going to be a cute, fun romance, so I decided to give the author one final chance.

Everyone in Emerson's life wants her to settle down, but she hasn't found the right man yet. But when her cat breaks into her neighbor's house and she comes face to face with the hot new neighbor, Emerson is smitten. Tyler takes an immediate liking to Emerson and inserts himself i
Tianna✸loves books✸
Everything was going great. The H is the h’s new neighbor. It was cute first meet. And when her dinner burns while she goes off after her cat, the H takes her to eat out. I was excited for their dinner but all the scoop we get about the dinner is while the h is thinking about it the next day. No live details.

And then the next day she has a date with a guy who was her ex, which she don’t want to go but it was pre planned mostly by her mother so she has to go. We get the live details of that date
Carvanz
This book feels like home! I was in desperate need of a story that I could just chill with, assured I’d get all the alpha goodness I love as well a tiny touch of drama and all the swoony-ness I desire. I found it here.

description

The meeting between Tyler and Leah was hilarious, fun, cute and a bit sexy considering what Leah was not wearing. I love when a cute meet leads to a bit of embarrassment on the heroine’s part and that’s exactly what happens. But Tyler is that true alpha hero who knows what he wants
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Montlake Romance)

photo 4D6F927C-2B10-46B8-9167-35D454CED404_zps0anwir52.jpg

Leah Emerson is a beautiful 33 yr. old single woman that lives in the tourist town of Mount Pleasant in South Carolina. She works as a hair stylist at the salon she co-owns with her mom and grandma. The family business keeps her busy, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't like to find that special someone to share her life with. She's picky and won't settle for just any man. She wants Mr. Right. Then she unexpectedly meets a gorgeous, arrogant man that
Jen
3.5 Super Sweet Stars

Leah’s a hardworking, animal loving single lady looking for love, minus the manipulations that normally come with it. Girlfriend is D-O-N-E with men playing games with her and she’s willing to bide her time until the right man comes along.

Tyler’s a hardworking, animal loving single guy ready to find a woman who won’t play games with his heart. As luck would have it, Tyler’s just bought the house next door to Leah’s. It also doesn’t hurt that both Tyler and Leah are gorgeous
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

The H former nurse now Hairdresser crawls into her former neighbor's home after her escapee cat only to come face to face with what is apparently her sexy new neighbor. She soon considers him a jerk and leaves only to realize that the dog on her front porch is none other than her sexy jerk neighbor. From cosy dinners to quirky pets these two go from friends to lovers. With family drama in the background and sudden acts of vandalism and arson the road to their hea gets bumpy!

Ok so q
Carmen Rae
Aurora Rose Reynolds is an auto one click insta read author. She writes the best romance. Every single one of her books has everything I need to make the book unputdownable. You have a feisty, intelligent heroine; an over the top, growling, protective alpha; no relationship angst or drama; and enough going on to keep the book interesting. I just love her writing so much.

So this book was everything I could have expected. Leah was an awesome leading lady. She was sweet and smart. She knew what she
Tina
This was one of THE most boring books I have ever read in my life. Wtf was this? Where was the plot? The chemistry? The intrigue?
Just bland and boring, really nothing else to say
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I'm a huge fan of Aurora Rose Reynolds and the stories she writes. While Catching Him was sealed up nicely for Leah and Tyler, I smiled and laughed throughout their story. Their meet cute was enough to keep me reading.

Leah has a sweet disposition but I also found her to be a very naive. The strong bonds she has with family and friends also made her extremely likeable. That being said she isn't afraid to use her voice when needed. Her grumpy cat is challenge but if it wasn't for this wa
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Leah and Tyler are too stinking cute!

The story is super sweet, fun, and low on angst. If you’re looking for a quick fun read that’s hot and sweet, I highly recommend this book from one of my favorite authors.

What I Enjoyed Most:
The beginning was funny and cute. Super cute pets lead to a chance meeting between these two lovebirds. I particularly loved their pets. If only my fur baby was as obedient as Bruce. LOL

Every woman wants a man like Tyler! He’s hot, good in bed, and super duper sweet, bu
Ambriehl Khalil
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
⭐️ [3/5] ⭐️

I don’t know what I was expecting but I’m kinda underwhelmed. Unfortunately, this just wasn’t for me. There’s nothing wrong with the story, the characters are great and the plot was decent. It was just pretty average for me. There wasn’t anything necessarily special that stood out and I didn’t feel super connected with the book which is why it took me so long to get though it.

I’m sure heaps of others would adore this but I’m not really a huge fan of things happening so fast and havin
Hannah
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arc
This was super cute. The two main characters actually talked to each other instead of assuming what the other is thinking - which is always a plus in my eyes. Adding the fact that they are super into each other and cutely so, a focus on family, and two really brilliant pets, this was really lovely. I wasn't as much into the B-plot of them being victims of arson and burglary but it didn't overshadow the main storyline.

Content warning: Arson, Burglary, Attempted Sexual Assault (but the guy gets pu
Kayla Brunson
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arc, read-in-2019
As usual, I enjoyed this one. ARR is one of my go to romance authors. I always know that I’ll get an alpha romance and low angst. Two of my favorite things in a romance novel.

I did enjoy Leah and Tyler’s romance. It was sweet and really made me smile. I love that Tyler made sure that Leah got to know him before he made his move. Leah wanted someone that showed her that they were interested and wasn’t playing games. Well, that’s exactly what she got from Tyler. The lack of games and back and for
Somia
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3 FLUFFY STARS - I wanted something with more Bite

The hero in this – Tyler Duncan is a take charge alpha and the heroine Leah Emerson – sweet and kind. Tired of the type of mean she has found herself dating, she is now looking for a man who knows what he wants.

I really wish the author had provided dual POV from the get go, we don’t get Tyler’s POV until the 57% mark.

This little read is super low angst, and was an easy and light read, but honestly, I didn’t think it was anything special. Nice en
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I swear if KA and Alexa Riley had an author baby, it would be ARR.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I was practically gagging with how mushy this romance was and it made me feel gross at times, not gonna lie but I needed another fix of romance and this was a good appetizer. "Catching Him" was cute but a whole lot of nothing was going on until we hit the 80% where a mild conflict ensues (obviously not major) alongside the cringeworthy instant love they had going on. Not like I minded it much with this novel because I kind of expected it when going through the reviews but it woul
bookmarkbelles
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aurora Rose Reynolds has done it again! She continues to deliver feel good romances that leave you swooning and drooling over her sexy alpha men. My favorite series by her has been and will always be The Until series and Catching Him has the elements I love from The Until Series making it an ultimate home run in my opinion. A Must Read for her fans!
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this. It seemed like Tyler didn't want to move out of the friend zone. In the end, it was a really sweet romance with a nasty ex and potential nasty mother-in-law. Great epilogue.

Now does her bestie get a HEA with the hot detective?
Sentranced Jem
This is what happens when you have high expectations... you either soar with flying colours or fall flat.
Catching Him fell flat.
The amount of times I had to come back to finishing this book was a chore.
The story was the most mundane boring story...like yawn. Everything was so...hmm... predictable?
Melike
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
It is a problem when you think Bruce the dog and Mouse the cat are more charming than the main characters in the book. Tyler is a douche bag who cannot string more than two sentences together without dropping f-bombs on every single page. I got so tired of all his swearing ( at least come up with different swear words, geez) that by the end I was the one who did not give a single f*** about the rest of the book.
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Aurora Rose Reynolds has an unbelievably fast way of always sweeping me off my feet. I can lie and tell you I have no idea why, but the truth always lies within her alpha males. These men are hot, sweet, and a tad bit protective. They’re everything that dirty dreams are made of and Tyler just surpassed them all!

About Catching Him:

Catching Him is the first book in the How To Catch An Alpha series by Aurora Rose Reynolds. This novel is also told from both Leah and Tyler’s point of view.

Leah is sic
Lu Bielefeld
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Liked it!
===================
sweet heroine + devoted hero = everything i needed.
Missy's Book Obsession
Great start to the series. Can't wait for the next book. You can never go wrong with a Aurora Rose Reynolds book they are always great.

• Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Until Joe (Happily Ever Alpha)
  • Until Valerie (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Make Me (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #4)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • I'd Rather Not (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #3)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man #4.5)
  • Dream Maker (Dream Team, #1)
  • Another (Voyeur, #4)
  • Cash (Ride: Second Generation, #3)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • Out to Find Freedom

Aurora Rose Reynolds is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author whose wildly popular series include Until, Until Him, Until Her, Underground Kings and Shooting Stars.

Her writing career started in an attempt to get the outrageously alpha men who resided in her head to leave her alone and has blossomed into an opportunity to share her stories with readers all over the

How to Catch an Alpha (3 books)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #3)