Start by marking “Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People” as Want to Read:
Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People

Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Dr. Judith Orloff offers 365 days of self-care meditations, reflections, and journaling suggestions as daily inoculations against stress and overwhelm

Empaths have so much to offer as healers, creatives, friends, lovers, and innovators at work. Yet highly sensitive and empathic people often give too much at the expense of their own well-being—and end up absorbing the stress
Expected publication: October 22nd 2019 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Thriving as an Empath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thriving as an Empath

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Alicia Bayer
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun little daily meditation for people who identify as empaths. It's not intended to teach you about what it means to be an empath as much as a day-to-day tool for doing things like setting boundaries, recognizing your gifts, and taking part in self-care. Each day, starting on January 1, there are a couple of paragraphs about a theme and then something to focus on ("set your intention").

For example: April 6 is "Say No to Drama." This section says that some people are very d
Jason Hillenburg
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Judith Orloff has written or co-authored almost ten books, six of those solo, exploring self-improvement and her latest "Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People" rates as her most comprehensive work to date. This review will first, in the interest of those still unfamiliar with the term, define what an empath means in this context. A simple definition is that empaths are those among us capable of physically feeling the emotions of others in your body Orloff’s book propo ...more
Lisa notes
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
It can feel draining to be an empath, a highly sensitive person. But Dr. Judith Orloff say that instead of viewing sensitivity as a weakness, see it is a strength.

“Sensitive people are meant to bring light into the world. Empathy is a strength, not a weakness. I applaud everyone who looks different, feels different, or thinks different. The world needs the difference you will make."

The book is divided into four parts:

Winter: Going Inward, Sensing Truth
Sp
Stephanie
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thriving as an Empath is a book that will be useful for daily exercising to help highly sensitive people keep ourselves

- Balanced
- To trust our intuition
- Set boundaries
- Protect our energy

Dr. Orloff states that “a big challenge for all sensitive people is how to be compassionate without absorbing the stress of others and the world. We don’t have the same filters as most people. We are emotional sponges who feel everything and instinctively tale it in.”

Donna Hines
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This is a very basic and simplistic portrayal of Empaths and what they can do in protecting themselves.
As empaths we often will overwork ourselves and ignore our own needs to the point of anxiety levels peak.
We must become one with ourselves. We must become one with nature. We must become one in loving ourselves and prioritizing our own needs.
Boundaries are important. Support is much appreciated. Finding your happy place and learning to let things go that our outside your area
Carmen Blankenship
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Orloff has written a book that is essential for Highly Sensitive People and Empaths. I love how each topic is written in small sections but exactly to the point. I’m new to understanding (or acknowledging) the fact that I’m Empath. I’ve always known I was something. I found Thriving as an Empath incredibly insightful, honest, and wise. I highlighted so many sections that spoke to what I must work on and even journaled each intention. I’ll be reading again and just purchased The Empaths Empow ...more
Anne
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This necessary book is meant to be read one day at a time through the whole year as there is one short reading and action step for each day. I think it is extremely helpful for those of us who identify as empaths. The suggestions for self-care are short and to the point, each is a good reminder to maintain our boundaries and take care of our own bodies, minds and spirits.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Erin
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For those of us who identify as highly sensitive and/or empathic, we now have another great resource to add to our bookshelf. Author Judith Orloff offers self-care tips for every day of the year. Most of the things we probably know we "should" do, but Orloff reminds us why it's necessary. Each step is small enough to not be overwhelming but with practice each will help deal with daily overwhelm. I was highlighting my way through this book - I can't offer higher praise than that!
Diane
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Meant for a day by day read for a year, this guide offers little if you've read widely on empaths. For those new to the subject, this is definitely worth getting. There are good reminders for self-care and how to recharge.

Kylie
Brittany
Jul 26, 2019
Dana
Jul 27, 2019
Judith Orloff is an American board-certified psychiatrist and is the author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life and SECOND SIGHT: An Intuitive Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story and Shows You How To Tap Your Own Inner Wisdom.

Dr. Orloff synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with intuition and energy m