Start by marking “Reason to Believe (Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reason to Believe (Legacy, #1)

Reason to Believe

(Legacy #1)

From USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Yarros comes a brand-new small town, older-brother’s best friend standalone romance.

“I’ll take them!”

That’s what I tell the social worker when my pre-k student and his baby brother need an emergency foster placement. I’ll do anything to keep the brothers from being split up. But my apartment’s flooded and there’s only one house I c
Published by Everafter Romance

To ask other readers questions about Reason to Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reason to Believe

Start your review of Reason to Believe (Legacy, #1)
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Reason to Believe was every single thing my romance loving heart has been craving these days.

After a slew of books that have felt underwhelming to me in one way or another, this one grabbed me by the heart almost immediately and kept it on the hook the entire way through.

Y’all. I fell all the way in love with Harper and Knox, almost immediately.

I mean ALL 👏 THE 👏 WAY 👏 IN 👏LOVE 👏

For a reader who is not a fan of insta-love, I basically experienced insta-love for these two. I sometimes find the
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

I didn't know how much I needed a brother's best friend romance until I started reading this. Add in some adorable kids, a small town, the promise of something that's off limits and I was going through this with record speed.

It's been seven years since Harper and Knox had a moment that changed the course of their friendship forever. Deciding to ignore it and move on, they both have tried to put it behind them and so far, its been working out ok as long as they're not alone in the same room t
Mia.Mi.Jou
4.5 STARS
Intense and heart wrenching... but also sweet and very well written. That's this book in a nutshell for me. Three things I particularly liked about this book that I want to mention:

The love story
This was a heavy story at times. It was emotionally charged, full of pain and longing, and the love story is what has won me over in the first place. It was beautiful and heartbreaking, and I was rooting for Harper and Knox for the most part of the book, even though they weren't perfect, ma
Melissasfandomworld
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
First read of e-book in April 2022

Ugh, these twooooo! ALL THE FEELS! Be still my heart.
This book was so worth the wait and lived up to its expectations and more.

Once started, I was lost in the best of ways and Yarros ruined me yet again, in the best way possible as only she is capable of. Her writing is unique and has me floored every single time. So so beautiful and it pulls on your heartstrings the entire frigging time!

I read well until midnight - 1:30 in the morning - to finish it; just co
Corinne
4.5 swoony stars

This book was so sweet and heartwarming! I fell in love with the characters and the storyline. It came to me in a bit of a reading slump and I just needed a pick me up book so badly. I was expecting a more angsty read and I guess this book may be triggering for some but it wasn't for me. It left me in the best of moods and I can't wait to read the next book in this series whenever it releases.

Here are some reasons why I loved it so much:
🔥 small town setting --> the kind where eve
Malene
So good to be back with the Legacy crew. This time it’s Harper and Knox. Both pining after one another after a sizzling kiss seven years earlier than the present day. Not acting on it because of a certain person , Harper’s brother and Knox’s best friend, forbid him to. That created some amazing yearning and chemistry. I would’ve liked Knox to have voiced his feelings sooner but he eventually did. Harper was awesome. Strong and kicked ass. Stood her ground against her brother and was very honest ...more
Simply Love Book Reviews
Apr 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I can always depend on Rebecca Yarros to bring me a story that has just the right amount of angst, laughs and romance. Reason to Believe, the third book in the Legacy series gave me exactly what I expected and then a little more.

Loving from afar is never a good or healthy way to live your life. You try to overcome this love but, nothing and no one seems to live up to the expectations of that one person or that one kiss. God knows that Harper and Knox have both tried their hardest to forget and m
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 28, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2022

4.5 STARS

“Is it always like that?”
“Like what?”
“As necessary as air.”

We do love an older brother’s best friend romance, throw in a small town, firefighters, adorable children, steaming chemistry, and we’re on a winner. As was the case with Reason to Believe, book one (there is two prequel novellas Point of Origin #0.5 and Ignite #0.75) in the Legacy Series, which we devoured with gusto! Although we hadn’t read the two prequel novellas, it didn’t impact our enjoyment of Knox and Harper’s story at
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 29, 2022 rated it really liked it

4.5 STARS

“Is it always like that?”
“Like what?”
“As necessary as air.”

Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Harper has been in love with her brother’s best friend for as long as she can remember. Knox Daniels is the guy she measures all others men against. She can never have him though, he only sees her as a ‘little sister’ and he would never want to ruin his relationship with her brother. There was that one time he kissed her though… on her prom night and she has never forgotten how it felt, ruining her lips for any other kiss.

Harper owns the local preschool and loves making a difference in the lives
AJ
5 “As necessary as air” stars!

Oh, my heart, what a read! The first full-length novel in Rebeca Yarros’ Legacy series, this is a beautiful, emotional friends-to-lovers romance that had me smiling, crying, and falling in mad love with these characters and their story.

There are two novellas which precede this book, and I’d recommend reading those first as they give you a great introduction to the series – in particular, read Point of Origin (it's free), which gives the background to the series abou
LianaReads blog
Apr 25, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-22, arc
Reason to believe by Rebecca Yarros is available now on all platforms.

I haven't read many books by the author, but everything I read, I just devoured. That's why I couldn't pass the opportunity to read her new release.

First in a new series, Reason to believe delivers a wonderful romance story full of emotions and characters that you will fall in love with without even realising.

Harper and Knox are childhood friends, becoming quickly more than that. They always had a crush on each other, but t
Intel Chicky Reads Romance (Kara Merideth)
Story: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (4.5)
Trope: brother’s best friend
Angst: 😱😱😱😱😱
Smexy: 🔥🔥🔥

There are just so many things I absolutely loved about this book! Harper steps up when her student and his younger brother are placed in emergency foster care. Luckily for her, Harper's friend lets her stay at his place which is big enough to house the kids, unlucky for her, he shows up back home early. Knox is the brother's best friend that Harper could just never get over - especially after their kiss 7 years ago. Harper
Tammy  Zautner
4.5 Stars

OOH-WEE!! I'm such a sucker for a satisfying Brother's Best Friend storyline, and Reason to Believe did not disappoint!! I'm so glad I decided to give Ms. Yarros another chance; otherwise, I would have missed this gem.

I can't wait for you to meet the characters from the small town of Legacy: Knox, Harper, Liam, Mr. Sir Pukes Alot aka James, Ryker, Bash, Emerson, River, and Avery.

Speaking of Knox, I have a book boyfriend type and he checked all the marks. I fell head over heels for this
Karen
Apr 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I love small town romance books and I love brother’s best friend romance books. Double prizes! Winner, winner, chicken dinner - as they say.

Knox Daniels is dreamy. Swoon worthy and delicious. Could he be any hotter? Why, yes, yes, yes he can because he’s a hot shot fire fighter. And be still my raging ovaries, he CHANGES NAPPIES!

I think we have a contender for hottest book boyfriend ever.

The thing about fire fighters though, they do dangerous jobs and I was fully expecting a raging inferno and
READ ME ROMANCE
Apr 18, 2022 rated it really liked it
Reason to Believe, Book one of the Legacy series, by Rebecca Yarros is filled with so many wonderful, interconnected characters, and I look forward to reading more! Please note this could be read as a standalone, so please don’t wait, start right here!

I did read the two prequels, Point of Origin and Ignite, which provided an understanding of the Hotshot Crew in Legacy, Colorado, and their story continues in this second-generation, second chance, forbidden romance in a small town rebuilding from
Rayna
If you like books with a strong main female character, a small town romance, the brother’s best friend trope, and a marriage of convenience, you NEED to read this book that comes out on April 26th!

Reason To Believe is a small town romance that follows Harper, a teacher, who makes a quick decision to become an emergency foster placement for her pre-k student and his baby brother after their mother suddenly passes away to keep them from being separated. The only problem: her apartment is currently
Texas_BookWorm(Priscilla)
Apr 20, 2022 rated it really liked it
First time reading from this author and i am so happy to announce that it was such a good read. I enjoyed the storyline the characters the authors writing, the fact that this storyline dealing with children in foster car is something personal to the author. Knox was fantastic as a hero even though I wish he would have done more to be with Harper when they were younger i understood why he didn't being that she was his best friends little sister but guess what he stepped up when he needed too. And ...more
Snow
May 09, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it just fine...
BUT I always have this tricky little voice in me pointing out the obvious...all the irritating issues you pull to complicate the plot...LOL
and this story has a lot of them...*sigh*
BUT all in all, it was an okay read.

I sure will check out this author's previous works :)
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Reason to Believe was an emotionally beautiful love story! With tons of heart, this sexy romance completely consumed me. It was impossible to put down. As heartbreaking and uplifting moments laced throughout the pages, this book soared right onto my favorites list!
“You’re not always an asshole, do you know that?”
I laughed. “Yeah, well, just don’t tell anyone.”
“I like this version of you.” Her arms tightened around my neck, and I flinched.
Kim
Apr 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5+ stars
Harper Anders has been in love with Knoxville Daniels since she was a kid. And he has had a mutual crush but was always off-limits since he is her brother's best friend and he is serious about the bro-code. Knox never felt good enough for her anyway and cares too much about his best friend and their family to upset them so for years he has been away or avoided her. They have a host of friends that have had similar experiences losing parents due to the Legacy Mountain Fire and now this
Jenifer Briggs
Apr 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is quite honestly not only one of the best books I've read this year, but one of the best books I've read, period. I first discovered Rebecca last year when she released "The Theory Of Everything" and since then I have just been absolutely obsessed with her words and just how well she conveys the emotions of her characters. I always feel like I'm right there in the moment with them, and I just adore that!

I have read the two novellas in preparation for this book, and even though I really lo
rach⭑
4⭐️

Tropes;
Brother’s Best Friend
Reformed Player
Marriage of Convenience
Small Town Romance
Dual POV

Harper is a preschool teacher and decides to foster one of her students, Liam, and his baby brother due to their mother dying and having no other family.

As she needed a big enough house to stay with the kids, she stays at her brothers best friend, Knox’s, house while he is out of town but he ends up coming home early and stays around to help out.

Harper and Knox have known each other since they w
Thuy Taylor
Apr 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Brother's best friend, living in the same home, marriage of convenience, small town, hot firefighters, dual pov and just a good romance story. Harper has always been in love with her brother's best friend, Knox. She thought he felt the same years ago, but that bubble bursted because she is forbidden, cause you know, best friends sister, so they basically somewhat ignore each other for years. A situation arises with one of her students and just can't bear to let the authorities take care of them. ...more
Karen Mc
Apr 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
“As necessary as air … that’s how it feels between us.”

Sweet sigh. Here I sit, simply stunned by a love story that stole my heart and seared my soul … burning me everywhere. Reason to Believe was the storm that I never saw coming, but one that wrecked my heart and soul in the most wonderful of ways. I knew right away that this romance was special, one that touched my wife and mama heart so much. It was so easy to love this heart-racing roller coaster of a romance with rich character history, off
Annabel
Apr 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
If Rebecca Yarros writes a book, I will devour it. She has a way with words that I'm just addicted to. Her books always make me cry and this one was no exception. I loved how this world came to life and how we saw Knox and Harper grow as a couple but also as individuals.
That's why I love her writing so much, it's not only about the relationship, it's also about the individuals and their lives. They don't end when they meet their person.
The story about the kids was heartbreaking and without spo
Jill M
Apr 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This book was a long time coming and to say I was excited for a new Legacy book was an understatement. I devoured this book and fell in love with Knox and Harper page by page. Their love story was filled with bumps and bruises mixed with love and family for an amazing Yarros story.

Rebecca weaves beautiful words of hope, sorrow, love and redemption. She shows you the power of family and fighting for what you want. This book will pull on those heartstrings and give you all the feels.

There are so
Rachel
Apr 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Harper Anders couldn’t think of anything other than helping her pre-k student and his brother when she learned they needed an emergency foster placement. But coming up with a plan for how to take care of them means she has to ask a favor of her brother’s best friend, Knox, and she does her best to keep clear of him. It shouldn’t be hard though, the foster placement is for a week, and Knox isn’t due in town for at least that. She is driven, sweet and strong. She has had a crush on Knox since they ...more
Sharon Thérèse
Apr 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
What a magnificent storyteller Yarros is. I was a tad concerned that I hadn’t read the previous books in the Legacy world, but I shouldn’t have been. Regardless of the large cast of characters in Reason to Believe, the author made sure the likes of me wouldn’t be confused.

Yarros shines a light on the next generation of the Hotshot Crew, highly trained firefighters who have to meet Legacy’s town council’s every possible standard to operate. I had no idea what this entailed so you can imagine
Bex_Book_Revieux
Apr 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Reason To Believe is one of the sweetest books I've read in 2022. Rebecca Yarros took my breath away with the story of Harper and her boys, and Knox fighting to show Harper how he really felt for her.

“You asked me if that was what a kiss always felt like. As necessary as air .” Our eyes locked. “Then you said, like you’ll die if you stop. Like the ache will burn you alive.”

The Legacy families have lost everything over the years, and when Liam and Jamie lose one more thing Harper can't imagine se
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Falling Embers (Tattered & Torn #2)
  • Goodbye Never
  • Animal
  • Ash City
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Always Mine (Honey Mountain, #1)
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • Tattered Stars (Tattered & Torn, #1)
  • Beg You to Trust Me (Lindon U, #2)
  • Final Shot: Las Vegas Vipers Prequel Novella
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Famous in a Small Town
  • Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
  • The Mrs. Degree (Accidentally in Love #2)
  • Only One Forever (Only One, #8)
  • The Piece That Fits (Offstage, #1)
  • Skeleton King (The Dirty Heroes Collection #9)
  • Here With Me (Adair Family, #1)
Rebecca is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of over fifteen novels, and is always ready to bring on the emotions. She's also the recipient of the Colorado Romance Writer’s Award of Excellence for Eyes Turned Skyward from her Flight and Glory series.

She loves military heroes and has been blissfully married to hers for eighteen years. She’s the mother of six children, ranging f

Legacy (3 books)
  • Point of Origin (Legacy, #0.5)
  • Ignite (Legacy, #0.75)