Start by marking “Milo (Finding Home #2)” as Want to Read:
Milo (Finding Home #2)

Milo

(Finding Home #2)

Once upon a time a brave knight rescued a young man. Unfortunately, he then spent the next few years bossing the young man around and treating him like a child.

Milo has been burying himself at Chi an Mor, hiding from the wreckage of his once promising career and running from a bad relationship that destroyed what little confidence he had. Niall, his big brother’s best fri
Published February 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Milo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milo

Judith
4.5

Just being with him feels like home should always do.

I get ridiculously excited when I see Lily Morton has a new book coming out. I've been dying to get my hands on Milo,so to speak,and it didn't disappoint.This is turning out to be a delightful series set in the beautiful county of Cornwall.This Author creates some fantastic couples that you can't help fall in love with.

Milo has always been a bit over shadowed by his older brother Gideon who is much more confident and out going than Milo
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

The first part of the book was perfection: witty dialogue, UST, English countryside setting, hurt/comfort, great secondary characters (Silas & Oz!), a cute baby named Cora, and a feisty cat.

I love dual POV narratives, and both Niall and Milo are lovable MCs: Milo with his subdued sass and sarcastic remarks, and Niall, protective and commanding, but never controlling.

Milo fears that a relationship with an intense, possessive guy will make him feel small. His ex belittled and mocked him r
Wendy
I am a great fan of Lily Morton and so far I have loved everything I've read by her. This one is no exception. That said, this book does deal with something that I find hard to read about, which is why I just couldn't give it a 5-star rating, even if the writing was superb.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor big thumbs up gif

Milo was a real sweetheart, just like I knew he would be. His life hasn't been the easiest... Being in an abusive relationship has made him very shy and timid...even though that's not his real personality. Thankfully he was sa
☆ Todd
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-the-author

After reading "Oz", I was beginning to fall in love with Milo, so when I heard that he was getting his own book, I knew I'd have to read it ASAP and I'm glad that I did.

This story was funny, but since Milo's personality was more subdued, the humor in his story was much more subtle and low-key and less of a punch to the funny bone.

In the prologue, the book began with Milo in a bad relationship with a beautiful, but abusive and belittling artist. A man who never let an opportunity pass to bend Mi
.Lili.

Lily, Lily, Lily: you did it again. You have crafted another book filled with characters I fell in love with and a romance that made me swoon.

I have been waiting for Milo and Niall since Oz, and it didn't disappoint.

Milo has had a crush on Niall since he was a young kid. Niall was always around since he's Milo's older brother Gideon's best friend. Milo knows that Niall will always see him as a younger sibling especially after Niall saved him from an abusive relationship. Fast forward five yea
Cadiva
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each time I think I've found my favourite pair of Lily Morton characters she puts out another book and wham, there I go again with a new one.

I loved Dylan and Gabe, then I fell for Asa and Jude, before Henry and Ivo stole my heart, only to give up their spot to Silas and Oz.

But now, let's just say Milo and Niall took my heart, wrapped it up in bubble wrap and very carefully squished it in tight to their amazing characters.

It's difficult to summarise why I love Lily Morton's world so much. Is it
Bookreader87(Amanda)
I am usually a big fan of this author but, I found, this book to not be as enjoyable as her previous. I really missed the usual banter between the two MCs that so many of her other stories have. I also was not a fan of (view spoiler) If that was not such a huge part of the book I may have liked it more.
Sahitya
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Lily Morton has become a favorite author since last year, particularly for her snarky sarcastic British humor and I have gotten used to waiting for every new release of hers. Milo and Niall were introduced in Oz and I’ve wanted to know more of their story since then. But this book turned to be something I wasn’t expecting.

Milo’s backstory was very painful to read. He’s a fighter, who struggled hard to overcome his stutter and gain confidence before losing it all again because of an abusive rela
Natalie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Just as in Lily Morton’s other books, my favorite parts of Milo’s story are the humor, wit and banter of the characters. Milo isn’t quite as sharp at it as Oz but then again, he had a bit of a harder road. Niall is Silas’s best friend but he’s also another type of friend to Milo’s brother Gideon. The story begins as at Gideon’s request, Niall gets Milo out of an abusive relationship. In the five years since, Milo is still sadly lacking in self confidence. When Niall begins seeing Milo as desirab ...more
Chris
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
I loved this ... there was angst, love and fierce emotions throughout. The relationships Milo had with Niall, Oz and Sirus was so beautiful, each one unique and special. Every person brought another little piece of Milo out of his shell and once he realized where he was and how he felt - Niall was there waiting. A protector and friend who loved him. I non stop read this and enjoyed every moment ❤ ...more
Ky
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, arc, humor, banter
Snark, banter, laughter and wild hair are the protagonists of Lily Morton's latest book, Milo.

Milo had been in an abusive relationship for years when he was in his early twenties. It was a relationship that marked him and changed the course of his life.

Niall is Milo's older brother's best friend and had been in Milo's life since he can remember. He's also the one who got him away from his abusive ex and helped him restore his faith in himself and start living again.

They are completely and unmist
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
DNF AT 17%
I started this book 17th February and I just couldn't get into it. I tried for 3 days to get back to the book, but not matter what I told myself, I found no interest in continuing. I simply didn't like it. I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the story (as far as I got). I knew as soon as I started it that it wouldn't work for me at all and the further I got, the worse the feeling got. I don't know what's wrong with me, maybe books just doesn't work for me anymore, I dunno. Ma
Amanda
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Milo and Niall are characters that we are familiar with from reading Oz. However, I always thought Niall was a middle age man, and was surprised to find out that he isn't! Milo is a shy staff in Chi An Mor that came out of his shell during Oz's time and we see him get more and more confident everyday. In this book, we finally find out about Milo's past and it just make me sad seeing him being so insecure.

Niall and Milo had a long history together. Apparently, Niall is Milo's brother's best frien
namericanwordcat
I am really enjoyed this book until about the half way point and then I started skipping around and giving it the side eye in many places.

Morton creates a great character in Milo. Life long friends become lovers but with a great deal of complications.

Niall has a pretty long term friends with benefits relationship with Milo's older brother and Milo is still recovering from a very abusive relationship years ago.

The setting on this English Estate is great as is the cast (the kids are amazing) and
Mwanamali
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, meh
This book takes itself way too seriously and has a lot of filler to compensate for the fact that there is no plot. Oz and Silas make cameos but beyond that there isn't much else to look forward to. It reminded me of why I hate dual POV. I don't like scenes being repeated from another character's point of view.

Only one line was good in this entire book, 'Coming and laughter, they're the same thing.'

This book sucked.
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

Whew, with several of the other reviews and comments about this book, I was expecting some pretty hard things to swallow.

I want to address that issue first because I feel like a lot of people might either be put off by it or won't mind it - or will be able to get past it.

The whole...Niall used to sleep with Gideon, Milo's brother...no, it's not ideal. And yes he last sleeps with him only a month, two months before the start of present day in this book. I also wish there could have be
Jinx
I understand that overlapping can occur where bed-partners are concerned cos after all it’s a small world. But, what bothered me was the longevity of Niall and Gideon’s sexual relationship. It wasn’t youthful experimentation or a one-off leading to them being friends and nothing more. No, this lasted right up until a month before he crawled into bed with Milo.

How am I as a reader suppose to think Niall’s feelings for Milo are genuine? When he can’t refrain from bedding his brother. So much so t
River
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It hurts to say this because I've loved pretty much every book I've read by this author but this was
1. Boring - the first half I liked, the second dragged and it gor weird
2. The weirdness - I am okay with Niall history but did they have to stretch the drama for all those chapters? It made Guideon terribly unlikable and he is the next MC!
I am not very excited about his story tbh.

So yeah, I'm closing this book with a disappointed sigh.
Sheri
When it comes to Morton, I find myself somewhat of a broken record. I gush and squee and blather on but I just can’t help it. Because…every time it’s true. I think I have a favorite or perhaps she’s outdone herself only to be proven wrong again and again. I absolutely adored Oz. I still do. And yet, I am just as smitten with Milo. This new series has me held with bated breath, desperately awaiting more. There is no other way around it, I’m addicted. As soon as one of Lily’s creations lands in my ...more
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019, m-m
4.25 stars.

Milo was adorable. I need a Milo in my life. I loved the first book and I knew then that I needed to read the second book and that it had to be Milo's.

Everything was amazing. I loved seeing Oz and Silas in this book with their daughter. There's never a dull moment with them around. And Niall. *swoon* Jeez they both made a perfect couple. I loved how Niall treated Milo. It was just amazing to read.

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I thought that Gideon took away from the enjoy
Lelyana
I was curious about Milo and Niall and what's with all the interaction in Oz's story. I was kinda annoyed with how much Niall cared for Gideon, Milo's brother and unfortunately Niall's former fuck buddy for years. But I can't help that Milo and Niall are actually super cute together and felt sorry for Gideon that in my opinion, had feeling for Niall.
I loved seeing Silas and Oz again and their little girl Cora.
The relationship among the four of them is stellar and I enjoyed them, despite of my
Snjez
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it

The story as a whole was just ok for me.

The first part was lovely. I really liked Milo. Despite his insecurities, he was a sweet and adorable character. As for Niall, I'm on a fence about him. There were things about him I didn't like, especially his past, but I loved the way he was with Milo. They were great together, I loved their dialogues, and there were some really cute scenes with Cora.

The second part of the story wasn't that enjoyable for me. The whole situation with Gideon did
mrs sarah frost
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We met Niall & Milo in book 1 OZ, so I was glad we got the back story of these two! Milo has had a crush on Niall since he was seventeen and when he needed rescuing from a abusive ex boyfriend 5 years ago it was Niall who was his knight in shining armour! Both living at Chi an Mor Niall has helped Milo rebuild his confidence. When they are left in charge of Oz & Silas' daughter sparks start to fly and things are set to get complicated!
Niall and Milo are so cute with banter and snark that
Veronica Mckenna
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5, Gideon ruined this book for me
Review to come
Lisa The Novel Approach
Lily Morton’s books are the very definition of category romance, with a flair for the comedic and a tendency to hit their peak with a surgical precision—at a moment critical to the life and longevity of the relationship, when her characters are at their most vulnerable and her readers are most invested in seeing those characters confront the final obstacle that challenges their ability to solidify the happily ever after. She does so again in Milo, book two in the Finding Home series.

Where Morton
Diane Dannenfeldt
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this one. In the first book you kind of seeing Milo & Niall dancing around each other, not really enough to say, hey wait there is some history there. But boy do we get their full backstory, or at least Milo's in this one. Milo has known Niall for a large chunk of his life. Niall & Milo's brother, Gideon who I did not like at first, went to school together & then became friends with benefits. Milo has had a crush on Niall from almost day one. But, he thinks that Ni ...more
Roberta Blablanski
How does Morton continuously create characters and stories that slay me? She has this phenomenal way of telling stories that are enchanting from page one.

I adored Milo from Oz, the previous book in the Finding Home series, and I was ecstatic that Morton granted her readers his story. I was curious about his background and how he came to work and live at Chi an Mor. My heart ached for Milo and what he'd been through, and I cheered as he slowly became more of the Milo Niall remembered from Milo's
Nicole
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Personally I just felt a bit bored after 50% of the book but it is a good story. The characters are really nice, Milo is amazing and I liked how protective Niall was and baby Cora was the cutest!!
~Kristin~
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Anna
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-gap
Książka idealna dla mnie.

Lily lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.
She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else would she get to spend her time with ho

Finding Home (2 books)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
“Well, that’s being in love, isn’t it?” Silas says simply. “It gives us the courage to show our full self if someone else loves it, warts and all.” 0 likes