Start by marking “Milo (Finding Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Milo (Finding Home, #2)

Milo

(Finding Home #2)

Once upon a time a brave knight rescued a young man. Unfortunately, he then spent the next few years bossing the young man around and treating him like a child.

Milo has been burying himself at Chi an Mor, hiding from the wreckage of his once promising career and running from a bad relationship that destroyed what little confidence he had. Niall, his big brother’s best fr
Published February 15th 2019

Start your review of Milo (Finding Home, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

The first part of the book was perfection: witty dialogue, UST, English countryside setting, hurt/comfort, great secondary characters (Silas & Oz!), a cute baby named Cora, and a feisty cat.

I love dual POV narratives, and both Niall and Milo are lovable MCs: Milo with his subdued sass and sarcastic remarks, and Niall, protective and commanding, but never controlling.

Milo fears that a relationship with an intense, possessive guy will make him feel small. His ex belittled and mocked him relen
Judith
4.5

Just being with him feels like home should always do.

I get ridiculously excited when I see Lily Morton has a new book coming out. I've been dying to get my hands on Milo,so to speak,and it didn't disappoint.This is turning out to be a delightful series set in the beautiful county of Cornwall.This Author creates some fantastic couples that you can't help fall in love with.

Milo has always been a bit over shadowed by his older brother Gideon who is much more confident and out going t
☆ Todd
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-the-author

After reading "Oz", I was beginning to fall in love with Milo, so when I heard that he was getting his own book, I knew I'd have to read it ASAP and I'm glad that I did.

This story was funny, but since Milo's personality was more subdued, the humor in his story was much more subtle and low-key and less of a punch to the funny bone.

In the prologue, the book began with Milo in a bad relationship with a beautiful, but abusive and belittling artist. A man who never let an opportunity pass to bend
Wendy
I am a great fan of Lily Morton and so far I have loved everything I've read by her. This one is no exception. That said, this book does deal with something that I find hard to read about, which is why I just couldn't give it a 5-star rating, even if the writing was superb.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor big thumbs up gif

Milo was a real sweetheart, just like I knew he would be. His life hasn't been the easiest... Being in an abusive relationship has made him very shy and timid...even though that's not his real personality. Thankfully he was sa
Shin Mon Thway
It probably is me and not the book. 🙂 And I’m just going to hang my head in shame because everyone and their mothers seemed to love this book. 😩 Not the case with me though. 😩 While I love Lily Morton brand of snark and this is a somewhat enjoyable book, there was something just lacking in the story for me. Comparing with the absolute glory of the book 1, “Oz”, I just don’t get that fluttering and swoon-worthy romance and deliciously witty and sharp snark and humor. The relationship between Mil ...more
Shile
Audiobook - 4 stars

Story - 3.5 stars

-I enjoyed this one more than i did book 1.

-It was cute and sweet.

-Funny without being overboard and offensive.

- Niall and Milo were so cute together and i liked them a lot.

-Dotty the psycho cat is my favorite.

-I loved Gideon. Weird but i loved him.
Cadiva
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each time I think I've found my favourite pair of Lily Morton characters she puts out another book and wham, there I go again with a new one.

I loved Dylan and Gabe, then I fell for Asa and Jude, before Henry and Ivo stole my heart, only to give up their spot to Silas and Oz.

But now, let's just say Milo and Niall took my heart, wrapped it up in bubble wrap and very carefully squished it in tight to their amazing characters.

It's difficult to summarise why I love Lily Morton's world so much. Is it
.Lili.

Lily, Lily, Lily: you did it again. You have crafted another book filled with characters I fell in love with and a romance that made me swoon.

I have been waiting for Milo and Niall since Oz, and it didn't disappoint.

Milo has had a crush on Niall since he was a young kid. Niall was always around since he's Milo's older brother Gideon's best friend. Milo knows that Niall will always see him as a younger sibling especially after Niall saved him from an abusive relationship. Fast forward five
Sheri
When it comes to Morton, I find myself somewhat of a broken record. I gush and squee and blather on but I just can’t help it. Because…every time it’s true. I think I have a favorite or perhaps she’s outdone herself only to be proven wrong again and again. I absolutely adored Oz. I still do. And yet, I am just as smitten with Milo. This new series has me held with bated breath, desperately awaiting more. There is no other way around it, I’m addicted. As soon as one of Lily’s creations lands in my ...more
Sahitya
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Lily Morton has become a favorite author since last year, particularly for her snarky sarcastic British humor and I have gotten used to waiting for every new release of hers. Milo and Niall were introduced in Oz and I’ve wanted to know more of their story since then. But this book turned to be something I wasn’t expecting.

Milo’s backstory was very painful to read. He’s a fighter, who struggled hard to overcome his stutter and gain confidence before losing it all again because of an abusive rela
Lorraine Lesar
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lolol Milo!

Oh Lily, you little Goddess you 😁.
You write your books like Antonio Stradivari tuned his violins - with grace, clarity, richness and amazing characters.
I LOVED Milo. I loved Niall. I loved how you nailed this book and how Milo nailed Niall and how Niall nailed Milo 😉. I loved the way you found the perfect balance of snark vs banter, angst vs love and the insecurities vs the positivities. I loved how I was drawn in and felt that all these wonderful men were personal friends of mine. A
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
DNF AT 17%
I started this book 17th February and I just couldn't get into it. I tried for 3 days to get back to the book, but not matter what I told myself, I found no interest in continuing. I simply didn't like it. I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the story (as far as I got). I knew as soon as I started it that it wouldn't work for me at all and the further I got, the worse the feeling got. I don't know what's wrong with me, maybe books just doesn't work for me anymore, I dunno.
Chris
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this ... there was angst, love and fierce emotions throughout. The relationships Milo had with Niall, Oz and Sirus was so beautiful, each one unique and special. Every person brought another little piece of Milo out of his shell and once he realized where he was and how he felt - Niall was there waiting. A protector and friend who loved him. I non stop read this and enjoyed every moment ❤️
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

It took me awhile to read this one and the pacing was pretty slow.

But I really liked Milo and especially Niall.

Milo's insecurities were a bit much from time to time. And yeah, like most the whole sleeping with two brothers thing was a bit weird. But ti didn't bother me much.

Overall, a really good read with some great banter and plenty steam.
Eugenia
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
AUDIOBOOK: AUGUST 2020 - ADDING A STAR!! Joel Leslie killed this book and made it so much more fun for me. JL truly made Niall and Milo POP OFF THE PAGE and made me enjoy this book so much more 👏❤️👏

My original review said this book bored me—strike that, because I ENJOYED EVERY SNARKY SECOND of this book!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW eBOOK: Feb. 2019
Dare I say it? This book was a bit.....

boring.

There.

I called a Lily Morton book a bit boring. Kill me, despise me, defriend me, but it’s true.

From the get go t
Bookreader87(Amanda)
I am usually a big fan of this author but, I found, this book to not be as enjoyable as her previous. I really missed the usual banter between the two MCs that so many of her other stories have. I also was not a fan of (view spoiler) If that was not such a huge part of the book I may have liked it more. ...more
ReadingAllNite
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-read, m-m
Just as in Lily Morton’s other books, my favorite parts of Milo’s story are the humor, wit and banter of the characters. Milo isn’t quite as sharp at it as Oz but then again, he had a bit of a harder road. Niall is Silas’s best friend but he’s also another type of friend to Milo’s brother Gideon. The story begins as at Gideon’s request, Niall gets Milo out of an abusive relationship. In the five years since, Milo is still sadly lacking in self confidence. When Niall begins seeing Milo as desirab ...more
Vanna
2.5 stars! Disappointed 😓. This was so difficult to finish despite the fact that I skipped pages. It was full of things that just made me cringe. 😳. This was also disappointing because I have loved all of Ms Morton's work but this never took off for me.. the chemistry seemed forced, one of the MCs was unlikable, and finally there was a huge "ick" factor which I never got over 🤢.. All of that added to an un-funny book with not much of a plot either. Sorry (not sorry)
Jinx
namericanwordcat
I am really enjoyed this book until about the half way point and then I started skipping around and giving it the side eye in many places.

Morton creates a great character in Milo. Life long friends become lovers but with a great deal of complications.

Niall has a pretty long term friends with benefits relationship with Milo's older brother and Milo is still recovering from a very abusive relationship years ago.

The setting on this English Estate is great as is the cast (the kids are amazing) and
Ky
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, read-2019, arc, banter
Snark, banter, laughter and wild hair are the protagonists of Lily Morton's latest book, Milo.

Milo had been in an abusive relationship for years when he was in his early twenties. It was a relationship that marked him and changed the course of his life.

Niall is Milo's older brother's best friend and had been in Milo's life since he can remember. He's also the one who got him away from his abusive ex and helped him restore his faith in himself and start living again.

They are completely and unmist
River
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It hurts to say this because I've loved pretty much every book I've read by this author but this was
1. Boring - the first half I liked, the second dragged and it gor weird
2. The weirdness - I am okay with Niall history but did they have to stretch the drama for all those chapters? It made Guideon terribly unlikable and he is the next MC!
I am not very excited about his story tbh.

So yeah, I'm closing this book with a disappointed sigh.
Bev
Whilst this was a lot different in tone to the first book, I really liked it. Seeing Milo gain back his confidence through hard work and also Niall's unwavering support was fabulous and seeing Niall fall for Milo without any ridiculous pushing away made this a big win for me.

Loved it!

Lost in a Book
3.5ish Stars

Chi an Mor

dreamy.gif

In Milo, we are back at Chi an Mor where Oz and Silas fell in love (In the book #1, Oz) and at the end of that book I was impatiently waiting for Milo’s story so I could dwell in the land of witty banter between Milo and Niall forever and ever. And I did, at least for the first half.

Milo starts out with a big trigger warning for domestic abuse. Milo is at such a low point during the opening scene and is thankfully saved by Niall who goes all beast mode on the fucker of an e
Teri
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Now I LOVE Lily Morton. Oz and Deal Maker were 5 star reads for me. This, however, was just really disappointing and I'm sad.
I was feeling it, I liked Milo and Niall and things were progressing and there was sweetness and I loved seeing Oz and Silas again and all, but then. BAM! Left turn into WhyWouldYouDoThisToMeville?

Gideon and The Cuntress ruined this book for me for multiple reasons!
(view spoiler)
Lyndy Ann ♫
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I discovered Milo had his own book, I had to jump straight in to find out what happens between him and Niall.

I enjoyed Milo more than Oz book one in this series, it was the relationship between Milo and Niall I enjoyed, they were friends then became friends with benefits before they fell in love.

This reminded me a little of Three Men and a Baby if Tom Selleck and Steve Guttenberg were a couple LOL, left holding the baby girl.

As with Oz this was hilarious and the sex was hot, I loved all the
Amanda
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Milo and Niall are characters that we are familiar with from reading Oz. However, I always thought Niall was a middle age man, and was surprised to find out that he isn't! Milo is a shy staff in Chi An Mor that came out of his shell during Oz's time and we see him get more and more confident everyday. In this book, we finally find out about Milo's past and it just make me sad seeing him being so insecure.

Niall and Milo had a long history together. Apparently, Niall is Milo's brother's best frien
Snjez
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
The story as a whole was just ok for me.

The first part was lovely. I really liked Milo. Despite his insecurities, he was a sweet and adorable character. As for Niall, I'm on a fence about him. There were things about him I didn't like, especially his past, but I loved the way he was with Milo. They were great together, I loved their dialogues, and there were some really cute scenes with Cora.

The second part of the story wasn't that enjoyable for me. The whole situation with Gideon didn't work
Caz
I've given this an A for narration and a B+ for content at AudioGals, so 4.5 stars rounded up.

Milo is the second book in Lily Morton’s Finding Home series, and in it, listeners return to the gorgeous Cornwall setting of Chi an Mor, the country estate belonging to Silas, Earl of Ashworth. We met Milo Ramsey and Niall Fawcett first of all in the previous book, Oz, when Niall interviewed Oz Gallagher for the job of Collections Manager at the house, where Milo has worked as an art conservator for
Turning Pages At ...: Milo (Finding Home #2) (M/M Buddy Read) by Lily Morton 25 17 Mar 30, 2019 03:22AM

• IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
Lily is a bestselling gay romance author.

She lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.

She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else

Finding Home (3 books)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)