Start by marking “A Man You Can Trust” as Want to Read:
A Man You Can Trust

A Man You Can Trust

She doesn’t need a man

But she could use a friend

When the new director of security, Nick West, arrives at Gallant Lake Resort, Cassie Smith’s carefully protected life is turned upside down. The handsome ex-cop insists on teaching her self-defense, and as Cassie learns she can indeed make it on her own, she starts wondering if she wants to! But when Cassie’s safety is threat
Published August 20th 2019 by Harlequin Special Edition

To ask other readers questions about A Man You Can Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Man You Can Trust

Books and Spoons
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A heartfelt story of the consequences of domestic violence, the ripple effects it can have in the community, and how learning to live again is possible if a long and difficult journey for all involved.
There is this wholesome, solid vibe in the tale, the small community it is located in, and the people in the center of it. I loved the meddling friends and family, their support and loyalty, their curiosity and cheerful spirits.
Cassie Smith is a capable, smart, and sassy as she comes out of her p
Olivia
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
A MAN YOU CAN TRUST follows Cassie and Nick on their path to a relationship. Cassie escaped her past and is now a highly successful administrative assistant at a resort where she excels at her work. She has a history with men, and one in particular, that has led her to constantly look over her shoulder and never trust men.

Nick has left his job as a police officer after a traumatic event and is now running security at the resort with Cassie. He notices that she is a little jumpy and offers to hel
Kari Hansen
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassie has escaped her past and created a new life for herself in Gallant Lake Resort. She lives under the stress that her past may find her, and she tries to not allow anyone close but neither her co-workers or the residents in town are willing to let that happens and that includes Nick, the newest employee where she works.

After a tragedy Nick left his career as a police officer behind and is the new Director of Security at Gallant Lake Resort. He is drawn to Cassie but when he experiences firs
Jessica Figueroa
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, contemporary
Nick is the new security at Gallant Lake Resort and Cassie is a timid little thing who is supposed to help him out to make him feel welcome. They never expected to meet each other quite the way they did but things seems to work out for the better as he helps teach her how to defend herself to the point where shes gained the confidence to get out of her shell. But there is a past that seems to make her want to pack up and go and things are starting to get comfortable and she doesn't want to prepa ...more
Synergy_Quest
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A Man You Can Trust is a decent contemporary romance. The hero and heroine both moved into town to escape their past. She was physically abused by her ex-husband. He lost his (police officer) partner during a domestic violence well check. When he joins the resort company where the heroine is an executive admin, she is very weary to trust a man and he’s not really looking for any entanglements. She’s twitchy, understandably so, and he’s a jokester, albeit with a kind heart. Their relationship is ...more
Marcie Robinson
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
“A Man You Can Trust” by Jo McNally is book one of the Gallant Lake Stories.

Cassie Smith is in Gallant Lake hiding from a tumultuous past, while Nick West is there for a new beginning.

Unfortunately, I could not connect to this story. In my opinion, the focus seems to be more on Cassie than Nick. I prefer a balance between both the hero and heroine and would have liked to have seen more depth in Nick’s character.

However, Ms. McNally does tackle a serious topic in her first book for the Special Ed
Lovely Loveday
A Man You Can Trust is a sweet, heart-warming romance that is sure to pull at your heartstrings. The characters are well-written and develop nicely as the story progresses. I found this to be a fast=paced read and wished that it was a longer book because I did not want the story to end. I really enjoyed reading A Man You Can Trust,
Sandra
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jenniekenn
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Jo McNally book and I’m a fan. This book had emotion, drama, great story, great characters and felt so real. Cassie went through so much. I love how Nick had his issues too but he helped her become a stronger person. This book had a great group of additional characters and a creepy ex.
Ash Luna
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A Man You Can Trust is was a quick read for me. It was cute and comfy, and Nick and Cassie grew on me just a tad, just wish for a little bit more.
Harlequin Books