Start by marking “Restless Hearts” as Want to Read:
Restless Hearts

Restless Hearts

(Montana Justice #1)

REBELS AND REDEMPTION

Years ago, a Montana judge delivered his own brand of justice to teens who needed a second chance. Those rebels are now grown up, grateful and ready to return the favor.

When Blaze McClintock hears her estranged father has been accused of murder, she knows he’s going to need all the help he can get. But asking Jake Horn for a favor all these years
Published November 26th 2019 by HQN (first published November 18th 2019)

Start your review of Restless Hearts
Anita
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

There are few authors who can weave such involving plots as B.J. Daniels can. Add to that, this is a plot involving a 16 year old mystery and a current miscarriage of justice and you have a fast paced plot with a real good who done it. This book does not give up its secrets until the very end. It keeps you guessing all the way.

After her mom left when she was 16 and never
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Blaze McClintock vowed she’d never return to McClintock Ranch. But now her father has been accused of murdering a neighboring rancher. She came back believing he was guilty, but something just wasn’t right and Blaze is prepared to do anything to discover the truth. Even ask the one man who broke her heart to help her. A year ago, she’d told Jake Horn she hated him and never wanted to see him again. It only took one look at him now to know she hadn’t forgotten how good they were together. Could ...more
Belinda
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit right out of the gate with this new series by B.J. Daniels. I could not put the book down. The further you read the more her writing sucks you in. You are continously turning the next page to see what is going to happen to next. As you read the store of Jake and Blaze you are wrapped up in their story. You are rooting them on to find a happy ending. But first they have to deal with getting Blaze's dad out of jail and trying to clear his name. There are so many clues as to who has ...more
Olivia
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-reviews
RESTLESS HEARTS is a western mystery/procedural with aspects of a suspense/thriller. Although I had anticipated more of a romance slant, the romance aspects were very minor and no more than you would typically find in this type of book. Here, Blaze is returning to the town she left behind and the father she has not spoken to in years because he is under investigation/arrest for murder.

Her father was found standing over the dead man with a gun in hand. The sheriff is more than happy to put him
Toni
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This is the first book in the Montana Justice series by B.J. Daniels.

I think this was supposed to be romantic suspense but I feel like it was more just suspense/procedural.

Blaze McClintock is back home after her father is accused of the murder of a local rancher. There is a big conflict here concerning his bison/buffalo and how dangerous the local ranchers think they are to the community. I felt like there was a bit of mob mentality at work here and the thoughts of a few coerced a whole
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, arc, netgally, western
Blaze is back to her hometown after finding out that her father is being accused of murder. Shes not sure how to feel about it until she gets further into solving the case with the help of Jake. If her father isn't the murderer then who is? As they get closer to finding the truth the towns secrets get exposed and its clear someone wants them to stop looking into things.

So much to love about this book. There was so much mystery surrounding the death and there was plenty of leads the only problem
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
I adored everything about Restless Hearts by D.J. Daniels! It’s the perfect combination of action and intrigue. A phenomenal way to kick off a new series. Coming November 26th!!

TwitterFacebookPinterestBookBabblersInstagram
Marcia Monde
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is Amazing, one of BJ Daniel's best yet. Lots of twist and turns, keeps you turning the pages. She brings the character's to life and I felt like I was right there with Blaze and Jake on their journey, to find the truth. A few surprises I didnt see coming, this is a must read. Mrs. Daniels you've done it again another best seller, can't wait to take my next journey with you.
GONZA
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, in my opinion this was more a thriller than a romance, the couple were too involved in searching for the culprit to give the romance a lot of thought, So I was a little disappointed, but I liked it anyway, and I even hadn't guessed who the killer was almost till the end...

Questo, secondo me, piú che un libro d'amore era un giallo e la coppia era molto piú coinvolta nel cercare il colpevole piú che dai loro sentimenti. Quindi in realtá, nonostante mi sia divertita e non abbia indovinato chi
Illustrious Illusions
Not one of my favorite from BJ Daniels, but still a well written and well rounded story. A sweet second chance type romance that will tug at your heartstrings with a bit of family drama thrown in :)
Donna Repsher
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Restless Hearts by B.J. Daniels kicks off her new Montana Justice series, and what a great way to do so. While I expected this novel to be romantic suspense, it was light on the romance, but what a mystery/suspense/thriller of a whodunit read it was. It gets 4.5 stars from his reader, primarily because I missed the romance.

Blaze McClintock, a private investigator, hasn't been back to her home at McClintock Ranch in Saddle Butte, Montana, for years, and has barely spoken to her father during that
Viper Spaulding
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story, sweet second-chance romance!

If you've never lived in a small town where everyone knows everyone else's business, then this book will feel like a visit to a foreign country. However, I grew up in such a town, and could easily identify with every little bit of this intricately-layered small town mystery.

Blaze is called back to her hometown to help her father, who stands accused of murder. Already suspected in the decades-old disappearance of his wife, Monte is believed by all to be
Margie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
B.J. Daniels has a new series and readers are going to love it!

PI Blaze McClintock is returning to her hometown and family ranch for the first time in years. Not that she really wants to but her estranged father, Montgomery "Monte" McClintock is in jail charged with murdering fellow rancher Frank Anson. The judge who set Blaze on her reformed life's path, after her wild ways got her into enough trouble that she had to face Judge JT Landusky, has sent her home to help her father. Monte wants to
Tara Peters
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
An outstanding beginning to a new series. When you begin this book, you automatically think the murder is solved because the culprit is standing over the body with the murder weapon. Don't get ahead of yourself! You have the whole book to find out what really happened and how you get there is intriquing.
Blaze is estranged from her father, but she certainly isn't going to let him be put away for murder. She is certain he wouldn't commit a crime like that and even though she said she'd never set
Marti
BJ Daniels has a new book coming out this month, Restless Hearts which also starts a new series called Montana Justice. The book was called a romantic suspense, but it was more of a mystery and drama. I like how the two main characters were private investigators, which helped keep everything step by step. I did enjoy how they researched the murder step by step.

Blaze McClintock came home, really she was sent home by Judge JT Landusky. (The judge that saved her life.) When she left home, she was
Valri Western
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When BJ Daniels begins a new series, I am super excited! This one looks like it'll be another fantastic series that will drawn you in from the beginning because this story did from the first page for me! You think the murder is solved right away because the culprit is standing over the body with the murder weapon right? Ah, not so fast! We have the whole book to find out what really happened and how we get there is so intriguing! Blaze is estranged from her father but she certain isn't going to ...more
Connie
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Harlequin via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a wonderful read. I just love Ms. Daniels' story-telling. Her stories just draw me into the action right from the beginning. I adore the characters and the web of intrigue that she weaves. This story just had me guessing all the way throughout. Ultimately I was incorrect as to who the murderer was. I never would have guessed that person.

Blaze McClintock returns to the family
Vivian Zabel
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Restless Hearts (Montana Justice series) by B.J. Daniels
reviewed by Vivian Zabel, author and editor

Restless Hearts arrived in the mail one morning, and I began reading immediately. I couldn’t put the book down until I finished the last page. Once I began, Daniels wove her written magic around me, just as she brought the wide spaces and blue skies of Montana into Oklahoma with her words.
The characters and plot became my reality as a murder brought Blaze McClintock back to her family ranch, not
Kathleen Gray
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second chance romance AND a mystery AND Montana! Blaze and her father didn't get along but she's sure he didn't murder Frank Anson, even though the evidence (and his presence at the crime scene) certainly points that way. She comes back to town and then finds herself working with Jake- who broke her heart years ago. These two carried secret flames for each other and now they are side by side. Readers know what this means! But wait- there's lots of secrets in the town. Is this about raising ...more
Karen Hackett
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
B. J. Daniels’ Restless Heart is first book of Montana justice series. It starts with a murder, a town full of suspects, and dangerous twists and turns putting the complex plot on a relentless pace and the adrenaline is practically dripping off the pages, absorbing me into the whodunit mystery. OMG, if you love mystery thrillers, this is the book for you! B.J. Daniels delivers a story that will grab you by the seat of your pants and will not let go. The story begins with Blaze McClintock who ...more
GONZA
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok

Book Him Danno
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From start to finish the book is a who is Blazes father protecting and why. The story feels as if something is missing a back story as to who the Judge is or when Blaze and Jake first met. The start of the series is great but the ending leaves the readers with a quick ending and not as satisfying as expected.

Restless Heart is a second chance romance with a ending that ties everything up in a nice little bow.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher HQR for the advance copy of B.J. Daniels
Catrina
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your looking for suspense/romantic novel this is it. I was hook within the first couple pages. B. J. Daniels out did herself.

The sparks between Blaze and Jake are still there. See if they can put the past behind them. Blaze comes home to prove her estranged father is innocent of murder with the help of Jake. There plenty twist and turns to keep you hook. When you find out who, you won’t believe it. The setting in Montana is prefect for the storyline. This book is excellent start to the
Diana
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love lost

Blaze McClintock has come back to her hometown after swearing to never come back again. Her father has been accused of murder and she has come home to prove his innocence before the local sheriff railroads him.
Jake Horn has come home to help Blaze with her investigation and try and rekindle their love. Lots of secrets start being uncovered and truths are told.
Another gripping tale set in Montana and written by one of the leading authors of the region. B.J. Daniels has started another
Pat Tompkins
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love B. J. Daniels' books and this is the first in a new series called Montana Justice. It's always exciting to read a new book especially when it is part of a new series. What I love the most about her novels is not only is it a romance novel; but, mostly a murder mystery with so many intriguing characters and twists and turns. It hooked me from the first page. I know everyone is gonna love this book and look forward to the rest of the Montana Justice series.
Barbara Winningham
Wow! BJ Daniels has outdone herself!

I have read nearly all of B.J.’s books and this one is the absolute best. Oh my, stayed up late to finish it. B.J., how do you come up with these stories. I’m in awe! If you haven’t bought this book yet, you can’t imagine what you are missing.
Becky
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is one of her best books. I enjoyed this book from page one to the end which I always do but this one kept me guessing. I couldn't wait to turn the page and see what happens next. I am waiting patiently for next in series. Definitely strongly recommended if you want a great read.
charmaine White
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

As always B.J. Daniels delivered the very best in a mystery,thriller.A story that grabs hold of you from the very beginning and doesn't let go.Next book please.
Dsbook
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet second chance type romance that has characters whom you can connect to immediately. I did like the story line and as usual I did like all of the characters. You can never go wrong with
Rebeccastump
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it
« previous 1 3 next »

• All Fired Up
  • Restless Rancher (Wild Rose Ranch, #2)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Wyoming Heart (Wyoming Men #9)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Marine's Promise (Iron Horse Legacy Book 3)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)
  • A Coldwater Christmas (Coldwater Texas, #4)
  • The Family Journal
  • Shadows at Dawn (Maximum Security #1.5)
  • Driving Force
  • SEAL JUSTICE (Brotherhood Protectors Book 13)
  • Honor Role: A Novel (A Detective Inspector Tessa Grantley Mystery Book 2)
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • Dressed to Kill (A Mary McGill Canine Mystery Book 19)
  • Christmas Cow Bells (A Buttermilk Creek Mystery #1)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental

Montana Justice (2 books)
  • Heartbreaker (Montana Justice #2)