Start by marking “Weaving with Little Handmade Looms: Make Your Own Mini Looms and Weave 25 Exquisite Projects” as Want to Read:

Learn how to make your own portable weaving loom with everyday materials like cardboard, paper, pins, tacks, wood, and nails. Step-by-step instructions illustrate how to construct four handcrafted loom designs with ordinary tools. Use a cardboard cake box to make a circle loom and weave friendship rings. Create a little loom with a picture frame and weave a colorful purse. ...more
Paperback, First edition, 128 pages
Published April 11th 2019 by Zakka Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Weaving with Little Handmade Looms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weaving with Little Handmade Looms

MissBecka
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book contains some cute and fun projects that made a wonderful craft day with my niece.
The drawstring pouches were an especially big hit!
All the projects can be accomplished quickly and easily as long as you have all the supplies.
Caution and supervision is a must if you intend to do these crafts with kids. There are a lot of sharp pieces involved in most of the homemade looms.
The yarn is not as taunt on a lot of the homemade looms as I would like, but it was still fun to play around with t
Gemma
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, cute, cute!!
Oh my goodness, these little looms are something else.
These are fab, really.
So far I've only attempted the more simple small squares, my daughter now has lots of little rugs for her dolls house!
I'm going to attempt one of the other more detailed projects next.
The pictures , diagrams and instructions are great.
This book really is something special, i'm super impressed!

Tracy Shephard
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I think of weaving I usually think of a huge machine that makes beautiful and wonderful fabrics.

This gorgeous book takes it down to a miniature form and makes it so much fun.

25 projects are included and I can imagine that little girls with dolls houses will be making rugs for the tiny rooms.

The looms are easy to make, using paper, board and wood.

Bracelets, purses, coasters and so much more are beautifully showcased and they are all very inspiring.

Visual and written instructions are given
Ulyana
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a a fantastic introduction to the world of weaving! Harumi makes trying out this relaxing and therapeutic craft simple and accessible to the beginner while teaching techniques that allow for further creativity and complexity. The reader is walked through step-by-step instructions on making many different kinds of miniature homemade looms used to create an array of adorable items, uing materials as simple as cardboard, wool and an embroidery needle. There is a lovely rustic, eco-chic charm t ...more
Bev
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weaving with Little Handmade Looms
by Harumi Kageyama

This book is perfect to give weaving a try. By making your own mini loom out of household materials you’ll be ready to go in no time. With scrap string, yarn or ribbons you can weave any of the many projects provided in this book.

#Netgalley
Annie
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Weaving with Little Handmade Looms is a translated re-release of a tutorial instruction guide on making and using handmade looms. Originally published in Japanese in 2017, the English edition is due out 11 April 2019 from Zakka workshop, is 128 pages and available in paperback format.

Generally seen as an expensive hobby requiring a large commitment in time and equipment, many would-be weavers assume that it's not an achievable goal to learn weavi
Lydia Timpson
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This is such an adorable little book. It's perfect for schools or kids crafts. Most of the things like woollen coasters probably aren't as in demand as in days gone by but the ideas are wonderful.
Liliana Silva
3,5 stars

This book brings us small-size handmade that we can all do. What I liked the most was the fact of giving tips to do manual work anywhere, and also all the explanations are very well done.
Yet only two or three handmade I found interesting, but this is also a personal taste.
Sue
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Weaving, Arts & Crafts, Crafts & Hobbies, Nonfiction (Adult)

The book is an exceptional work of instruction and beauty. The instructions bring the art of weaving to everyone and provide a level of accessibility that fits most budgets. Using found resources, handmade, or everyday objects as looms, the projects described in the book are small and create useful objects. The demonstrated projects use a variety of materials including yarns, ribbons, leather, wire, fabric, and natural fibers. T
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the publisher for an ARC to read and give my honest opinion!

Loved it. Looms that can be hand made with simple materials at home is such a wonderful DIY craft to try. Materials can be costly and prices of looms are too, so this was a fun way to try weaving without the huge cost of the looms...you still need materials regardless but most goodwill or thrift stores have cheap craft goods. Most of these pieces don't require huge amounts of materials.

What did I like? Trying the pot holder
Rebecca
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft, egalley
Are you a fiber crafter looking for an easy, portable craft that uses things easily found around your home? This book of little looms will provide just what you're looking for. Don't let the idea of "little" looms fool you. The projects may be small in scale, but they can be complicated.

The first sections are galleries of projects made with the looms. From simple sample pins to button covers to natural weaving with found objects to weaving with wire for jewelry, there are a wide variety of proj
Teresa
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love crafting. I love making things. I love being creative. I am always willing to try something new in crafts. Weaving is something new to me. When I was a kid I had one of the looms with the stretchy bands that you make pot holders out of but that was years ago. Although it is kind of the same thing it is totally different as well. This book shows 25 projects with homemade looms. There are step by step illustrations and written instructions. A lot of these projects are easy enough to let the ...more
Flora
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are one of those people who are reluctant to throw away even the shortest little threads left over from whatever hobby you do, you will absolutely love this book. Many of the projects involve using "bits" of thread or yarn. Now you know what you can do with all those pieces of yarn in that box over there!

I never imagined that you could make such tiny looms from material that you might already have in the house or that you can easily buy from a dollar store. I come from a part of the world
Meredith
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Well, these are adorable, and totally seem do-able. The book is delightful to look at, and the instructions seem clear. I don't think I really have a need in my life for the resulting tiny-woven-things right now, but when I do, this will be my resource.
Cynde
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully well done book. great projects , really clear instructions, well illustrated.
Runner10
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful addition to a crafter’s library. There are numerous projects that can be finished relatively quickly. The instructions are direct and easy to follow.
Naomi
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a really beautiful book that explores weaving with everyday objects including board looms, box looms and frame looms. The layout is clean and easy to follow. The photography is incredibly stylish and inspiring. This is a fabulous book for anyone who wants to start weaving but without having to fork out a lot of money as it demonstrates how weaving can be done in an easy, accessible manner using everyday objects.
Ileana Renfroe
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book with amazing photography showcasing different designs and beautiful woven projects. The projects are easy to follow with detailed instructions. The book is divided into categories for easy access to different types of projects/looms. One of the great things about this book is that the tools needed are easily accessible as they are household materials.

If you consider yourself a visual person, this is the book for you!!

This book was provided free for my honest opinion, and I highly reco
S
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book on constructing and weaving with small looms. I have done a small amount of weaving, and have found that with a large (or even tabletop sized loom) it is easy to get overwhelmed with the slow speed of the weaving process. A tiny (and therefore easily portable) loom is a spectacular idea for a quick project to give you a sense of accomplishment as well as use up those pesky yarn and ribbon end pieces. I can see this being adapted for a variety of projects: birthday partie ...more
Rhonda
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique craft book

Harumi Kageyama did a wonderful job with Weaving with Little Handmade Looms. The pictures were beautiful. The instructions on how to make each of the mini looms were helpful and the instructions for the projects very clear.
I received an advance reader copy via Netgalley.
Lizz Martensen
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last summer I was at an art fair and there was someone weaving. It was the most mesmerizing thing I've ever watched. Ever since then I've been lowkey wanting to start weaving, or at least get to try it out. Well, I tried it once with a piece of cardboard as my loom and had little success ... I was missing some basic tools.

I LOVE my box loom I just made. It is so fun to experiment with different yarns and techniques and to learn what I'm supposed to be doing thanks to this book. I excited to try
Lizbeth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the author, Netgalley.com and the publisher. Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review.

This is a wonderful book that teaches the subtleties of making your own looms and actually using them. Beautifully photographed and illustrated, the patterns included will have you weaving in no time at all. An excellent reference for both beginning and experienced weaver alike!

5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommended.
Teresa
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My creative efforts tend to be much larger than these little weavings. I make quilts. Quilts big enough to cover a bed or hang on a wall. Like everyone else I know who does anything creative, we all have a pile of bits that are too good to throw away but never seem quite right to do anything with.

This wonderful book had me both working in a much smaller scale than usual and using up all sorts of odds and ends I had tucked away in various corners.

The pictures are inspiring, the instructions are c
Cathy
Apr 19, 2019
Red
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my!!! What a fun book. Just looking at the cover made me want to head to the scrap bin and start making things. I never in my life thought that weaving would be something I could do. It even made me think about having a GOG party (Gaggle of Girls) and having them bring scraps to use. What better than spending an afternoon with some of my favorite people, being creative. A very inspiring book.
Nika Martinez
Feb 13, 2019
Kate
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such an intriguing book! The pictures and instructions are so detailed and beautiful. I have never made handmade looms before but I plan to start now. The book breaks it done so well with pictures for every step, which really simplifies it. The patterns and creations are stunning and will certainly convince you that you need to make one too!
Kim