Start by marking “Winds of Change (Hearts of Solara Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Winds of Change (Hearts of Solara Book 1)

Winds of Change (Hearts of Solara Book 1)

The Age of Dragons is ending and the seed of rebellion is ready to bloom.

Born from forbidden love, Bela has always been an outsider. Always alone, forever the outcast. All she desires are friends and love.

But change is coming.

Learning to believe in not only herself but those she loves, Bela must survive the chaos it brings.

Or Solara will fall.

Can Bela endure the winds
Published April 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Winds of Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winds of Change

Christina
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author has created an interesting world filled with magic and dragons. Throughout the book we get rotating POV which give a fuller picture of the story. The book does end on a bit of a cliffhanger but nothing too frustrating. I look forward to reading book 2.
Shannon
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a great start to this story. It definitely leave you wanting more. I liked the writing style, it’s different. The world created and the characters have me really excited for the next book. And you can’t go wrong with fae and dragons, right?
Danielle Gumm
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a fantastic start to a series I loved it! I can’t wait to find out what is going to happen next! Who can or cannot be trusted? Who has survived and who hasn’t? It’s going to be amazing!!
Myriam
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an exceptionally good, nerve wrecking book. So well written, with a great plot and intriguing characters. Overall an amazing debut and a great beginning of the series.
I don't know where to start because I liked everything about this book, maybe I should leave a warning label for a cliffhanger, first of all. Then there is a warning label for readers looking for a comforting read, this is not it. This book is harsh and it will break your heart several times before you're done. I loved eve
Kayla Pipkin
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
I'm blown away by how much I enjoyed this book.
It had bits of nerve-wrecking reads that I wished I could jump in and just shake the characters.
But it was beautifully written with a good story line and interesting characters.

Bela, the main character, was raised in naivety.
Her parents believed by keeping secrets, they were protecting her.
But because of their lapse in judgment, she isn't prepared for the world she is thrust into.
One ruled by cruel and vindictive people.

This story is very viv
Stephanie Herman
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winds of Change by Reese Copeland is a fantasy about love, loss, and betrayal. Where dragons, fae, and magic have lived and wished to die. Where innocence has no place in a world of slaves and power. This story kept my attention from start to finish, not even putting it down while making dinner. The author leaves the reader desperately craving more as a gnarly cliffhanger rears its ugly head with its conclusion. This being the authors desired reaction, I’m sure, no doubt a second installment wil ...more
Tamara
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal start to a new series that is filled with action, adventure, lots of emotion, and just a bit of romance. Set in the land of Solara, which is ruled by power-hungry overlords, the story follows Bela as she must discover just who she is. There are dragons, magic, Fae, and much more to be discovered in the pages of this book. Told from the POV of the main characters you get a well-rounded tale as you learn the history of each character and their hopes for the future. The story ends with a ...more
Leanne
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!
A fully immersive fantasy world which I was sucked into and couldn’t put down. I read it in one sitting.
The multiple POVs added lots of depth to the overall story, with each character having their own pros and flaws, creating a more realistic view to their personalities and their world.
I’m looking forward to finding out more about each characters background and how their stories are interwoven.
The story does end on a slight cliffhanger that makes you eager for the next boo
Lucy Prosser
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first instalment of this series! The MC develops slowly throughout the book, and I enjoy seeing how her confidence and personality grows.

The plot line has many different angles, which you get to see through different characters eyes, keeping the storyline interesting, and draws you in to the next chapter.

Interested to see where the next book will go, and how the relationships will develop further! Everything is still shrouded in mystery and I’m looking forward to having mo
Andrea Jeffree
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a slow burn reverse harem that leaves you wanting more. Yes there is a cliffhanger but that is expected in a series, it just leaves you wanting more! There is also some steamy f/f action.

This book is awesome! One of the things I really loved was that it builds really well, telling the story from multiple angles and POV’s. I was surprised and delighted that even Tomo (a dragon that is not a dragon shifter) has his own voice within the story.
The world building is amazing and the story will
Hayley
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The book is about a girl named Bela who is living her life only to have her world abruptly turned upside down... and without giving spoilers all I can say is: DRAGONS. FAE. STEAMY. In all honesty, it took me a few chapters to really get into it but once I did I raced to the end and was SO UPSET with the major cliffhanger. I feel like we just started getting to the good stuff, and then it ended! I am waiting anxiously for the next book so I can find out what happens, I have so ...more
Country Goose
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Mesh of GoT and Eragon

Very well written story about a girl living a secret lie that crumbles around her. Her once miserable life in a village that shuns her, she was at least loved by her family. When her world crashes down, she must learn the hard lesson that she cannot trust anyone.

It's a tragedy in the making, but it's a good one. Be warned, there are triggers for anyone sensitive to rape, drug use, or physical abuse.
Lindsay Kleiman
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review of this book....

This author wrote an amazing story filled with action and adventure! The content was great, but there are a lot of different POVs throughout the story, so if that is not your thing be aware of that. Overall, I really enjoyed reading about he main character and being introduced to her dragon! It was a fun read and I would recommend it!
Rebecca Connor
Love this book!!!

I love how fast paced and action packed this book is and I cannot wait for more. I genuinely could not put this down. Reece is such a talented author and you need to just go and read for yourself I’m not gonna spoilt it for you! My only critic is that I wish it was longer because as soon as i was finished I wanted more xo
Ivy Seablom
Wow... I’m hooked!!

I just fell for Bela so hard and seeing her world unravel before my eyes. I loved getting to see the different perspectives of those in her life, the dragon Tomo, Blue, her “parents” and even Vika who I have a love hate relationship with! Gah... that ending has me wrecked... I can’t wait for the next as I’m dying to know what is going to happen now!?
Heather Morrill
Great book

Great book! Definitely a good read love the plotline. Let's just say I was not expecting that scene between Bela and vika  but it was hoooooot!  I wish that Bela and blues live could bloom in this book but that is what the next book for Can't wait for the next one to come out im sure it will be as great as this one
Kala
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! Right from the beginning, there was great world-building, character development, story structure, and many different POV. I have to say that I fell in love with Tomo and can't wait for more. Reese Copeland did a wonderful job with her first book debut. Can't wait for book 2. It can't come soon enough.
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
This book was ok. I had a really hard time getting into the story which is probably because I am not a huge dragon fan. Unfortunately this book was just something I read to pass the time, but I would not read another book in this series.
The authors writing was good, but the storyline was just not my style.
Margaux Espinosa
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. It’s very well written, has fantastic world building, and the mystery and not knowing who Bela can trust at any given moment makes this one an edge of your seat read. To me this read was a mix of Eragon and GoT. The characters are deep and still have so much I feel needs to be uncovered, and that ending, I’m definitely excited for the next book!
Katie Jane
Wowza

The world building in this book is incredible. So much detail goes into it. It’s slow for the first section but if you carry on reading that’s purely to lay a solid backstory. The characters are amazing and honestly the last three or so chapters is where things really start to hit off. The plot is unique and well written. Will be sat here waiting for book 2!
ScarletFix
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a book I normally wouldn't have picked up myself, but I gave it a try. And I'm glad I did.

It was very well-paced, had interesting plot twists and good characters and I couldn't stop reading. Reese builds up the world in a way that you can actually envision it and it makes the story so much more interesting.

Highly recommend it!
Jade Wolf
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was an ARC for this book. My honest opinion is I really enjoyed this book. When it comes out I definitely recommend it! It was written great. I love the characters! Definitely got me excited for the rest!
Alisha Rees
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline! Great setting and characters. Loved the whole thing! Was questioning myself wanting to know what happens next during the whole thing and when I thought I had it figured out would surprise myself. Definitely worth the read! Cannot wait for the second book to come out.
Melanie
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book is awesome .... I can't wait for the next one... Bella sure has a lot to learn. This book will leave you needing to know what happens next... What exactly is going on.. I now have a new author to check up on.. freaking awesome..
Jessica Campagna
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! The world building was great and I really felt for the main character. The story does pull at your heartstrings a bit but as it goes on, it keeps you more and more on your toes. I can't wait for book 2! I need more Tomo.
Tiffany Thomas
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story. I liked how the multiple POVs brought the story together. I'm excited to see where the story goes in the next book.
Ariel
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down!! Except for the grammatical errors throughout the book, it was fantastic!!!
Nicole
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was an amazing adventure and quite the imagination! I love the story it is becoming to be!
Lillium
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sorry, but she came through as stupid to me. 19 year old and she was either simple or too naive or something. Clearly, as I didn't like the heroine I couldn't get into the book.
Lucy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a big world

Reese pulls you into this huge world with so many characters and povs throughout the book. So many twist and turns leaves you wondering who's good and bad