Start by marking “PRACTICE LESS, PLAY MORE: The simple, three-step system to play songs you love on your guitar from day 1” as Want to Read:

*** #1 BEST SELLER IN OVER 50 CATEGORIES! *** If you're a Self-Taught Guitarist and you want to play songs without spending all your time practicing, this book may be the most important book you ever read... But first a warning: this book is NOT for everyone…

This isn't one of those “practice until your fingers bleed“ or “cram confusing theory into your mind” t
Published February 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about PRACTICE LESS, PLAY MORE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PRACTICE LESS, PLAY MORE

Start your review of PRACTICE LESS, PLAY MORE: The simple, three-step system to play songs you love on your guitar from day 1
Dan Wright
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blown away! With the glut of “learn guitar” books out on the market that pretty much rehash the same old tired and boring methods for learning guitar, I found PRACTICE LESS, PLAY MORE! to be such a refreshing change. This book actually makes learning guitar fun like it should be and gets you quickly up to speed to where you can begin playing your favorite songs.

I first took up the guitar several years ago and still found the instruction contained within this book to be GOLD and it’s
Greg Reynolds
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a bad car accident when I was 18 and had 2 strokes(I'm 58 now). I started trying to play guitar 11 years ago for therapy. I’ve taken private lessons and was given a basic guitar method book to work through basic scales to learn. Not what a 47 year old beginner guitar player is looking for. Was not playing the songs that I really wanted to play.
I found Steve’s book Practice Less, Play More. It is an easy enjoyable read. Using the techniques in this book I was able to start playing ACT
Charles Demain
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I sat down and started to read this book and finished it in one sitting. Steve writes in such an easy style that reading this book is like sitting down and chatting with a friend.

As to the content well….Wow! Practice Less, Play More is the most influential book that I have read in a long, long time. The methods are stupidly simple but at the same time incredibly powerful.

My playing and the effectiveness of my learning have improved so much in such a short time that I am s
John Warda
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. Here’s why…

I've been trying to learn guitar since my 20's (I'm in my 50's now) and have always struggled. I've taken guitar lessons in music stores and purchased many, MANY "learn to play guitar" dvd's and online programs over the decades. And even though I've learned things from those resources, I was never able to do the thing that was the main reason for wanting to learn guitar in the first place. And no it's not to get girls - even though that doesn't hurt :) ...more
Enrique Rivera
This is a MustRead!

I’ve been playing for a little over four years now. I was always trying to learn new songs but going about it the wrong way. I would take months learning one song looking for perfection.

The biggest thing holding me back was not having the correct approach at learning a new song. I would lose interest and give up. This process kept repeating itself with each song I would try to learn. Until now!

Practice Less, PLAY MORE! Gives me all the tools I need to
Tony Butler
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Steve and this book, I can finally enjoy playing instead of struggling at practice. His methods broke down what to focus on, and what to incorporate into my sessions. His methods helped me advance much faster than watching videos, reading articles and books this past year. Kudos to you Steve!!
DENNIS HALSTEAD
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book lives up to it's title PRACTICE LESS, PLAY MORE! After struggling for years trying to play guitar and getting frustrated with chord progression and trying to find my rhythm it all finally made sense after reading this book I can now play songs.
Vincent P
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Steve has a great laid back and positive style. The section on the equipment itself helped me realise what could be holding me back from progressing in my practice. (check the action!)

Love his friendly and helpful style.
john
Sep 09, 2019
De Ville Weppenaar
Sep 26, 2019
Steve Mastroianni
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yvette
Nov 12, 2019
Karen A Redman
Highly Recommend!

Steve is one of the best guitar instructors and having a book like this to reference is amazing. He provides simple instructions and helpful links. His stories and sense of humor helps too.
Kokil
Nov 04, 2019
Jose Martinez
Mar 20, 2019
Caleb Porter
Nov 18, 2019
David A
Mar 25, 2019

• Pentatonic Scale Fluency: Learn How To Play the Minor Pentatonic Scale Effortlessly Anywhere on the Fretboard
  • Absolute Beginners: Acoustic Guitar
  • Sourcery (Discworld, #5; Rincewind #3)
  • Idiot's Guides: Guitar Theory
  • Interesting Times: The Play
  • Discworld Companion
  • Terry Pratchett's Hogfather: The Illustrated Screenplay
  • The Complete Yes Minister
  • Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty, 1485-1917
  • The Complete & Unadulterated True History of the Blackadder
  • Pyramids (Discworld, #7)
  • Terry Pratchett's Discworld Imaginarium
  • Grailblazers
  • Wyrd Sisters (Discworld, #6; Witches #2)
  • The Discworld Mapp: Being the Onlie True and Mostlie Accurate Mappe of the Fantastyk and Magical Dyscworlde
  • 3 Chord Songs: Play 10 Songs on Guitar with the C, D & G Chords
  • Carpe Jugulum: The Play
  • Guards! Guards! (Discworld, #8; City Watch #1)